1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

poison's White Flood and Green Bulge log

I've used lots of WF before, and count it as my favorite pre-workout. I logged Green Bulge for CL, and loved it. I've been off creatine for a couple months now, so it's the perfect time to throw it all together and have some fun. GB is one of the better creatine formulas out there, but gets little love, so I'm going to stroke the bulge a bit (and tantrically avoid a White Flood? :huh: ).

I took my first dose of GB Sunday, a day off. Took my second today with a scoop of WF, dropped the kids off at school (no, not by the pool, SCHOOL, you freak), and hit the gym. By the time I got to the gym, I felt like ass: the gymnema and KRala did a number on me, yikes. We'll see how I deal with that.

I ran 2 miles, stress fractured a bone in my foot, and went on to weights. I did Hammer Strength low rows alternated with flat bench; skull crushers alternated with curls, and rotator nonsense.

Wait, fractured what? I've been running in Vibram Five Fingers. I've stress fractured the little metatarsals in my feet before from running, my arches are super high. I'm aware of the potential danger VFF's pose (namely, that I'll overdo it, and not go slow enough to allow my bones to strenthen), but I DID start slow, haven't run over 2 miles, and mostly run on a treadmill (has give).I've finally brought my times back to normal, 14:30 range for 2 miles. Well today it started hurting suddenly, so I decided the smart course of action was to up the tempo and test my pain tolerance. Turns out my pain tolerance is just fine; my foot, not so much. I'll be monitoring it, and may need some cissus.

So back to the goods: I felt fine after my run, the blood sugar nonsense was better. I bought an ABB Maxx Recovery (60gr carbs 35 pro) to sip, and I gotta say HOLY ****!!! Outrageous pumps. The WF and GB both have L-norvaline, so I got a healthy dose of that, and maybe there was some carb shuttling going on, but wow, it was intense. I've been using WF for a month or two now, PW only, and it's never been this pronounced (and I usually drink an ABB). +1 for Green Bulge!

How's that for starting a log out with a bang (or was is a crack and a whimper?)!!! Results in 2 days!!!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

A scoop of wf, 5 gb at 6:30 this morning, then 1.5 hours bjj and 1 hour judo. We were drilling taking the back from half guard, the 'old school' sweep, and a reversal from the old school, etc, then rolled for 25 minutes. Awesome stuff. Focus and clarity was great, endurance was really good, both aerobic and anaerobic.

The guys teaching me are phenominal. Www.robotbjj.com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

ahhh haaa. . this will be good to see some other pre work outs and crea being but to the test. . . I've herd good things about both so i will be watching!! Kill'm poison!!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Thanks, Aaelael!
  5. Controlled Labs Representative
    Stats
    5'7"  154 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.93%

You must be lieing. Sounds too good to be true@!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

I am. It sucked. I want a refund.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

This morning I took my 5 GB and jumped in the shower. By the time I got out, my biceps veins were thick, and my polo shirt sleeves were a bit tighter than usual (no popped collar). Quite interesting.
  8. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.41%

very nice, I am in for this one
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    This morning I took my 5 GB and jumped in the shower. By the time I got out, my biceps veins were thick, and my polo shirt sleeves were a bit tighter than usual (no popped collar). Quite interesting.
    You its the simple things in life ya know. . .takin supplements and feeling instant gratification. . eating juicy lucy's with a tall ALE or STOUT. . i mean truely is remarkable. . haha
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

For sure! ^ I'm sure the fact that I've been on White Flood for a good bit is speeding updeficient my response to the l-norvaline in the GB, but regardless, it's rare for something to feel this good this fast.

I did 1.5 hours bjj, and another hour of judo this morning. I slept 5 hours every night this week, and the cumulative effect is that I get to class, but I'm mentally deficient. They'll tell me to do the most basic of drills, like an armbar drill, and I draw a freaking blank. Sleep deprivation is no joke, folks, a surefire way to absolutely kill performance on EVERY level. But I don't have a choice right now, and not training is NOT an option. So I thank the Controlled Labs pixies for their pixie dust every time I crack open the WF tub. I'm keeping it at 1 level scoop, and despite my moderate mental retardation when I get to class, I feel pretty good, wide awake, and a still have that 'spring'; I don't feel heavy or dead. Hey, if I can improve under these circu,stances, just wait til I get a good nights sleep!

They call me poison for a reason: I'll kill ya!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%

For sure! ^ I'm sure the fact that I've been on White Flood for a good bit is speeding updeficient my response to the l-norvaline in the GB, but regardless, it's rare for something to feel this good this fast.

I did 1.5 hours bjj, and another hour of judo this morning. I slept 5 hours every night this week, and the cumulative effect is that I get to class, but I'm mentally deficient. They'll tell me to do the most basic of drills, like an armbar drill, and I draw a freaking blank. Sleep deprivation is no joke, folks, a surefire way to absolutely kill performance on EVERY level. But I don't have a choice right now, and not training is NOT an option. So I thank the Controlled Labs pixies for their pixie dust every time I crack open the WF tub. I'm keeping it at 1 level scoop, and despite my moderate mental retardation when I get to class, I feel pretty good, wide awake, and a still have that 'spring'; I don't feel heavy or dead. Hey, if I can improve under these circu,stances, just wait til I get a good nights sleep!

They call me poison for a reason: I'll kill ya!
    Rest up!! Naps are your friend mang!! Listen to your body. .for in this life time you only get one!
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

I can't nap, I do security, no naps allowed. And I work noon-midnight 6 days a week. You're surely right, though.
  13. Controlled Labs Representative
    Stats
    5'7"  154 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.93%

How do you stay awake when you feel like nodding off?
  14. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

nice! I've got some GB in route...should be in today
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    How do you stay awake when you feel like nodding off?
    Honestly, discipline and experience. I served in the IDF Airborne, where they'd tear you a new one if you dozed off at an innappropriate time, or you are seriously risking friends lives. I averaged 4 hours of broken sleep a night for 3 years. First thing they did in basic training was skip a nights sleep: go hard all day, go all through the night, and next day too, no rest, no naps.

I've been a bodyguard for 12 years now. So I know the tricks, I recognize the symptoms. Most people get crabby when they lack sleep, or emotional. I recognize when I'm feeling like a little bitch, and why, and deal with it. If I'm nodding off, I stand, walk around, drink water, lower the temp if possible, etc.

One of the worst parts of my job is this aspect. It's not that I'm necessarily that tired. I'm just tired of fighting sleep constantly, I just...want...to...give...in.. . I drink 2 double espressos every morning, and that's usually it for the day, unless I'm absolutely dying. More is not better, it just ups my tolerance, which is a useless exercise.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    nice! I've got some GB in route...should be in today
    Excellent, will you be logging? you take WF as well, still, correct?
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Took my supps, and hit the gym, empty stomach. Today was tough, the cumulative effects of low sleep over the last 2 weeks hit me. Luckily, I'm off the next two days, hopefully i'll catch up a bit. Despite feeling crappy, I had a decent workout.

2 mile run - my foot hurt, so I concentrated on pushing off the ball of my foot, not the middle or outside (which is what did the damage). Felt good enough to run the 2 miles.

Heavy decline and low rows, alternating; then DL (here my tiredness shows) 30x135, 20x135; and lastly alternating EZ bar curls and skull crushers. Stretched out nice after, and that's it.

Like I said, I feel pretty crappy. I wouldn't have made it without the boost WF gives, and I'm sure strength would've tanked without this stack. As it was, strength and endurance were pretty good. Pump was pretty great as well. Time to rest up.
  18. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

Excellent, will you be logging? you take WF as well, still, correct?
    I do take WF...staple. I don't have the time to log or else I would.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.12%

sub'd like the simplicity and back to basics aspect of this
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Thanks, Emilio, honored to have you! I need to check out your equine experience, haven't had a chance for a couple days.
  21. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

these 2 rock! loving it so far
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Try a dose already, mrbigPR? Did you have any blood sugar effects? I got up this morning, took 5 GB with a big glass of water, then got busy with my kids. An hour later i realized I felt like isht, and I'm eating a big bowl of muesli. I feel great now. KRALA and gymnema work!
  23. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

I did feel it...amazed at the effects so early
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

MWAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAA!
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

1 scoop WF, 5 GB, a glass of water straight out of bed, and hit the gym.

2 mile run - 15:00. It's not an awesome time at all, but it was the best run in my VFF's/barefoot that I've had yet. My calves weren't screaming, I felt primal. GREAT run. My foot still hurts, but I'm simply concentrating on pushing off my big toe, and it's fine.

I grabbed an ABB Maxx Recovery, and did alternating flat bench and chest supported tbar rows; cable curls and tri pressdowns; rotator cuff, stretch, and out. The creatine is kicking in, I banged out extra reps on the Tbar and bis/tris. The pump effect of GB/WF is very strong, vascularity is nuts, and I just looked thick leaving the gym.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

One of the more interesting ingredients in Green Bulge is orotic acid. Why?

Two great studies show the real influence of orotic acid supplementation given orally on exercise capacity and biochemical markers that influence muscle growth (i.e. cortisol) and recovery (Leukocytes). Geiss et al. (1998) [16] studied a group of patients with coronary heart disease before and following 4 weeks of 3g per day of magnesium orotate supplementation. Following the 4 weeks of orotate therapy exercise duration was significantly increased by a massive 21%.

In the second human study we get our first glimpse of the real power of orotic acid on human performance in a healthy population "triathletes" [17].

In a double blind randomized trial (researchers and subjects did not know who was on supplement or placebo) carried out again over 4 weeks with or without 3 grams per day of magnesium orotate assessed swimming, running and cycling performance. At the end of the supplementation period all exercise assessments were improved (faster) with markers of stress (leukocyte count and cortisol) significantly lower in the orotate group [17].

This study provides us with the first real evidence that orally consumed orotate enhances exercise performance. Whether by enhancement of muscle glycogen, ATP levels, muscle carnosine, mineral status or a combination of all 4 is unknown. However the take home message of course remains the fact that orotic acid WORKS!

Other studies from back in the early 60's give evidence of other functional effects based on animal models including accelerated skeletal muscle hypertrophy (muscle growth) following supplemental orotic acid [1, 2]. work by the Meerson group demonstrated enhanced swimming performance as a function of muscle hypertrophy and energy supply [1, 2] following orotate supplementation.

More recent work on isolated human muscle fibres has shown that elevation of pyrimidine base concentration (Uridine = elevated following orotate feeding in humans and mice) enhances the contractile capacity of muscle tissue [18].

This suggests that there maybe a mechanism for enhanced force production following orotate supplementation as well as its many other beneficial effects. This is good news for those powerlifters out there!
    It also increases ATP, carnosine, and glycogen stores. Pretty neat!
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

BJJ today, 2 hours. Strength and endurance were great, and I felt really powerful. We were working from half-guard, escapes and sweeps, as well as passing from the top. I worked hard, and left looking really pumped.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Off-ish day today. Woke up, took GB with a big glass of water, first thing. No WF. 45 minutes later I started to feel the low blood sugar, ate a banana, a big bowl of muesli, and 35gr protein. 2 hours later, on my way to work, I stopped at the park and did pullups and dips to failure, knocked em out quick with 20sec rest in between. I feel stronger, and pumped. There is an unusual level of vascularity and pumps for a non-arginine product.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

I did 2 hours bjj on Thurs, off yesterday, then a workout today. I took 1 scoop WF and 5 GB.

I was extremely tired due to the long work week, not much sleep, and yesterday I took my kids to an amusement park; awesome fun, but I didn't eat well or drink enough water, etc. So I was not in optimal condition for the gym this morning, but had a great workout anyway.

2 mile run, barefoot - 15:15

Alternating flat bench and hammer strength low rows; 35x135, 15x135 DL; alternating curls and tri pushdowns; stretch.

I hit the wall on DL and went through, and I was bonking hard just before leaving the gym, despite sipping an ABB drink. But even though it was only OK by the numbers, I was able to push HARD, felt good doing it,and left looking pumped out of my mind. Speaking of which, vascularity is ridiculous. Veins in my tris, chest, shoulders, etc.

I love this combo!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%

Nice updates with the logs!!! I'm still facinated with Controlled labs and will continute to follow each step! Wooo hooooo!!!
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Thanks, Aaelael! You should try them, if you haven't before. Can't beat this combo.

I normally would've run this morning, but didn't have time. I stopped at the parkon my way to work, and did pullups and dips to failure. I got more reps this week than last, and the pump from GB alone was huge.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%

BOOOO YAAA!!! Poison you running multiple logs big man. . .hahah. . .LOVING IT!!! LIBIDO CHECK!!!

[ATTACH]Name:  01.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  255.5 KB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Myodrol wrapped up a while back.
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Innnnn!
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

alaylay posts nekkid pics THEN you're in, hmmm, RR? I see how it is.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

the chicks made me sub.
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

1 scoop WF, 5 GB, a glass of water straight out of bed, and hit the gym.

2 mile run - 15:00. It's not an awesome time at all, but it was the best run in my VFF's/barefoot that I've had yet. My calves weren't screaming, I felt primal. GREAT run. My foot still hurts, but I'm simply concentrating on pushing off my big toe, and it's fine.

I grabbed an ABB Maxx Recovery, and did alternating flat bench and chest supported tbar rows; cable curls and tri pressdowns; rotator cuff, stretch, and out. The creatine is kicking in, I banged out extra reps on the Tbar and bis/tris. The pump effect of GB/WF is very strong, vascularity is nuts, and I just looked thick leaving the gym.
    gotta luv the way the ABB maxx recovery coats your mouth in a pre digested protien slime. ALso I swooped up 2 bottles of the GB and 1 BH, and lookin like i will throw it in my pct.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    gotta luv the way the ABB maxx recovery coats your mouth in a pre digested protien slime.
    Not really the first thing that comes to MY mind, but ok. You know, not that there's anything wrong with YOU thinking that. It's cool.

ALso I swooped up 2 bottles of the GB and 1 BH, and lookin like i will throw it in my pct.[/QUOTE]

SWEET!
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

alaylay posts nekkid pics THEN you're in, hmmm, RR? I see how it is.
    LOL, You know me
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.1%

Hey naked chicks always make the ride seem that great!! haha Poison! Keep killin it my friend and still along for the ride!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
  2. White Blood, Green Bulge, Blue UP......?
    By MAxximal in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 07:36 PM
  3. Green Bulge and White Blood LOG
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:47 AM
  4. white blood/green bulge stack only $34.99 :)
    By CONTROLLED LABS in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 09:31 AM
  5. Green Bulge/White Blood
    By Gstyle24 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 02:30 AM