poison's White Flood and Green Bulge log

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used lots of WF before, and count it as my favorite pre-workout. I logged Green Bulge for CL, and loved it. I've been off creatine for a couple months now, so it's the perfect time to throw it all together and have some fun. GB is one of the better creatine formulas out there, but gets little love, so I'm going to stroke the bulge a bit (and tantrically avoid a White Flood? :huh: ).

I took my first dose of GB Sunday, a day off. Took my second today with a scoop of WF, dropped the kids off at school (no, not by the pool, SCHOOL, you freak), and hit the gym. By the time I got to the gym, I felt like ass: the gymnema and KRala did a number on me, yikes. We'll see how I deal with that.

I ran 2 miles, stress fractured a bone in my foot, and went on to weights. I did Hammer Strength low rows alternated with flat bench; skull crushers alternated with curls, and rotator nonsense.

Wait, fractured what? I've been running in Vibram Five Fingers. I've stress fractured the little metatarsals in my feet before from running, my arches are super high. I'm aware of the potential danger VFF's pose (namely, that I'll overdo it, and not go slow enough to allow my bones to strenthen), but I DID start slow, haven't run over 2 miles, and mostly run on a treadmill (has give).I've finally brought my times back to normal, 14:30 range for 2 miles. Well today it started hurting suddenly, so I decided the smart course of action was to up the tempo and test my pain tolerance. :bigok: Turns out my pain tolerance is just fine; my foot, not so much. I'll be monitoring it, and may need some cissus.

So back to the goods: I felt fine after my run, the blood sugar nonsense was better. I bought an ABB Maxx Recovery (60gr carbs 35 pro) to sip, and I gotta say HOLY ****!!! Outrageous pumps. The WF and GB both have L-norvaline, so I got a healthy dose of that, and maybe there was some carb shuttling going on, but wow, it was intense. I've been using WF for a month or two now, PW only, and it's never been this pronounced (and I usually drink an ABB). +1 for Green Bulge!

How's that for starting a log out with a bang (or was is a crack and a whimper?)!!! Results in 2 days!!! :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A scoop of wf, 5 gb at 6:30 this morning, then 1.5 hours bjj and 1 hour judo. We were drilling taking the back from half guard, the 'old school' sweep, and a reversal from the old school, etc, then rolled for 25 minutes. Awesome stuff. Focus and clarity was great, endurance was really good, both aerobic and anaerobic.

The guys teaching me are phenominal. Www.robotbjj.com

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
ahhh haaa. . this will be good to see some other pre work outs and crea being but to the test. . . I've herd good things about both so i will be watching!! Kill'm poison!!

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
You must be lieing. Sounds too good to be true@!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am. It sucked. I want a refund.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This morning I took my 5 GB and jumped in the shower. By the time I got out, my biceps veins were thick, and my polo shirt sleeves were a bit tighter than usual (no popped collar). Quite interesting.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
This morning I took my 5 GB and jumped in the shower. By the time I got out, my biceps veins were thick, and my polo shirt sleeves were a bit tighter than usual (no popped collar). Quite interesting.
You its the simple things in life ya know. . .takin supplements and feeling instant gratification. . eating juicy lucy's with a tall ALE or STOUT. . i mean truely is remarkable. . haha :pokey:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sure! ^ I'm sure the fact that I've been on White Flood for a good bit is speeding updeficient my response to the l-norvaline in the GB, but regardless, it's rare for something to feel this good this fast.

I did 1.5 hours bjj, and another hour of judo this morning. I slept 5 hours every night this week, and the cumulative effect is that I get to class, but I'm mentally deficient. They'll tell me to do the most basic of drills, like an armbar drill, and I draw a freaking blank. Sleep deprivation is no joke, folks, a surefire way to absolutely kill performance on EVERY level. But I don't have a choice right now, and not training is NOT an option. So I thank the Controlled Labs pixies for their pixie dust every time I crack open the WF tub. I'm keeping it at 1 level scoop, and despite my moderate mental retardation when I get to class, I feel pretty good, wide awake, and a still have that 'spring'; I don't feel heavy or dead. Hey, if I can improve under these circu,stances, just wait til I get a good nights sleep!

They call me poison for a reason: I'll kill ya! :D

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
For sure! ^ I'm sure the fact that I've been on White Flood for a good bit is speeding updeficient my response to the l-norvaline in the GB, but regardless, it's rare for something to feel this good this fast.

I did 1.5 hours bjj, and another hour of judo this morning. I slept 5 hours every night this week, and the cumulative effect is that I get to class, but I'm mentally deficient. They'll tell me to do the most basic of drills, like an armbar drill, and I draw a freaking blank. Sleep deprivation is no joke, folks, a surefire way to absolutely kill performance on EVERY level. But I don't have a choice right now, and not training is NOT an option. So I thank the Controlled Labs pixies for their pixie dust every time I crack open the WF tub. I'm keeping it at 1 level scoop, and despite my moderate mental retardation when I get to class, I feel pretty good, wide awake, and a still have that 'spring'; I don't feel heavy or dead. Hey, if I can improve under these circu,stances, just wait til I get a good nights sleep!

They call me poison for a reason: I'll kill ya! :D
Rest up!! Naps are your friend mang!! Listen to your body. .for in this life time you only get one! :deal:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't nap, I do security, no naps allowed. And I work noon-midnight 6 days a week. You're surely right, though.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
How do you stay awake when you feel like nodding off?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
nice! I've got some GB in route...should be in today :yup:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you stay awake when you feel like nodding off?
Honestly, discipline and experience. I served in the IDF Airborne, where they'd tear you a new one if you dozed off at an innappropriate time, or you are seriously risking friends lives. I averaged 4 hours of broken sleep a night for 3 years. First thing they did in basic training was skip a nights sleep: go hard all day, go all through the night, and next day too, no rest, no naps.

I've been a bodyguard for 12 years now. So I know the tricks, I recognize the symptoms. Most people get crabby when they lack sleep, or emotional. I recognize when I'm feeling like a little bitch, and why, and deal with it. If I'm nodding off, I stand, walk around, drink water, lower the temp if possible, etc.

One of the worst parts of my job is this aspect. It's not that I'm necessarily that tired. I'm just tired of fighting sleep constantly, I just...want...to...give...in...:lol: I drink 2 double espressos every morning, and that's usually it for the day, unless I'm absolutely dying. More is not better, it just ups my tolerance, which is a useless exercise.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took my supps, and hit the gym, empty stomach. Today was tough, the cumulative effects of low sleep over the last 2 weeks hit me. Luckily, I'm off the next two days, hopefully i'll catch up a bit. Despite feeling crappy, I had a decent workout.

2 mile run - my foot hurt, so I concentrated on pushing off the ball of my foot, not the middle or outside (which is what did the damage). Felt good enough to run the 2 miles.

Heavy decline and low rows, alternating; then DL (here my tiredness shows) 30x135, 20x135; and lastly alternating EZ bar curls and skull crushers. Stretched out nice after, and that's it.

Like I said, I feel pretty crappy. I wouldn't have made it without the boost WF gives, and I'm sure strength would've tanked without this stack. As it was, strength and endurance were pretty good. Pump was pretty great as well. Time to rest up.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
sub'd like the simplicity and back to basics aspect of this

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, Emilio, honored to have you! I need to check out your equine experience, haven't had a chance for a couple days.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try a dose already, mrbigPR? Did you have any blood sugar effects? I got up this morning, took 5 GB with a big glass of water, then got busy with my kids. An hour later i realized I felt like isht, and I'm eating a big bowl of muesli. I feel great now. KRALA and gymnema work!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I did feel it...amazed at the effects so early

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1 scoop WF, 5 GB, a glass of water straight out of bed, and hit the gym.

2 mile run - 15:00. It's not an awesome time at all, but it was the best run in my VFF's/barefoot that I've had yet. My calves weren't screaming, I felt primal. GREAT run. My foot still hurts, but I'm simply concentrating on pushing off my big toe, and it's fine.

I grabbed an ABB Maxx Recovery, and did alternating flat bench and chest supported tbar rows; cable curls and tri pressdowns; rotator cuff, stretch, and out. The creatine is kicking in, I banged out extra reps on the Tbar and bis/tris. The pump effect of GB/WF is very strong, vascularity is nuts, and I just looked thick leaving the gym.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of the more interesting ingredients in Green Bulge is orotic acid. Why?

Two great studies show the real influence of orotic acid supplementation given orally on exercise capacity and biochemical markers that influence muscle growth (i.e. cortisol) and recovery (Leukocytes). Geiss et al. (1998) [16] studied a group of patients with coronary heart disease before and following 4 weeks of 3g per day of magnesium orotate supplementation. Following the 4 weeks of orotate therapy exercise duration was significantly increased by a massive 21%.

In the second human study we get our first glimpse of the real power of orotic acid on human performance in a healthy population "triathletes" [17].

In a double blind randomized trial (researchers and subjects did not know who was on supplement or placebo) carried out again over 4 weeks with or without 3 grams per day of magnesium orotate assessed swimming, running and cycling performance. At the end of the supplementation period all exercise assessments were improved (faster) with markers of stress (leukocyte count and cortisol) significantly lower in the orotate group [17].

This study provides us with the first real evidence that orally consumed orotate enhances exercise performance. Whether by enhancement of muscle glycogen, ATP levels, muscle carnosine, mineral status or a combination of all 4 is unknown. However the take home message of course remains the fact that orotic acid WORKS!

Other studies from back in the early 60's give evidence of other functional effects based on animal models including accelerated skeletal muscle hypertrophy (muscle growth) following supplemental orotic acid [1, 2]. work by the Meerson group demonstrated enhanced swimming performance as a function of muscle hypertrophy and energy supply [1, 2] following orotate supplementation.

More recent work on isolated human muscle fibres has shown that elevation of pyrimidine base concentration (Uridine = elevated following orotate feeding in humans and mice) enhances the contractile capacity of muscle tissue [18].

This suggests that there maybe a mechanism for enhanced force production following orotate supplementation as well as its many other beneficial effects. This is good news for those powerlifters out there!
It also increases ATP, carnosine, and glycogen stores. Pretty neat!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BJJ today, 2 hours. Strength and endurance were great, and I felt really powerful. We were working from half-guard, escapes and sweeps, as well as passing from the top. I worked hard, and left looking really pumped.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off-ish day today. Woke up, took GB with a big glass of water, first thing. No WF. 45 minutes later I started to feel the low blood sugar, ate a banana, a big bowl of muesli, and 35gr protein. 2 hours later, on my way to work, I stopped at the park and did pullups and dips to failure, knocked em out quick with 20sec rest in between. I feel stronger, and pumped. There is an unusual level of vascularity and pumps for a non-arginine product.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did 2 hours bjj on Thurs, off yesterday, then a workout today. I took 1 scoop WF and 5 GB.

I was extremely tired due to the long work week, not much sleep, and yesterday I took my kids to an amusement park; awesome fun, but I didn't eat well or drink enough water, etc. So I was not in optimal condition for the gym this morning, but had a great workout anyway.

2 mile run, barefoot - 15:15

Alternating flat bench and hammer strength low rows; 35x135, 15x135 DL; alternating curls and tri pushdowns; stretch.

I hit the wall on DL and went through, and I was bonking hard just before leaving the gym, despite sipping an ABB drink. But even though it was only OK by the numbers, I was able to push HARD, felt good doing it,and left looking pumped out of my mind. Speaking of which, vascularity is ridiculous. Veins in my tris, chest, shoulders, etc.

I love this combo!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Nice updates with the logs!!! I'm still facinated with Controlled labs and will continute to follow each step! Wooo hooooo!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, Aaelael! You should try them, if you haven't before. Can't beat this combo.

I normally would've run this morning, but didn't have time. I stopped at the parkon my way to work, and did pullups and dips to failure. I got more reps this week than last, and the pump from GB alone was huge.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
BOOOO YAAA!!! Poison you running multiple logs big man. . .hahah. . .LOVING IT!!! LIBIDO CHECK!!!

:eek:p: :jaw:

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:lol: Myodrol wrapped up a while back.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
alaylay posts nekkid pics THEN you're in, hmmm, RR? I see how it is. :D

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop WF, 5 GB, a glass of water straight out of bed, and hit the gym.

2 mile run - 15:00. It's not an awesome time at all, but it was the best run in my VFF's/barefoot that I've had yet. My calves weren't screaming, I felt primal. GREAT run. My foot still hurts, but I'm simply concentrating on pushing off my big toe, and it's fine.

I grabbed an ABB Maxx Recovery, and did alternating flat bench and chest supported tbar rows; cable curls and tri pressdowns; rotator cuff, stretch, and out. The creatine is kicking in, I banged out extra reps on the Tbar and bis/tris. The pump effect of GB/WF is very strong, vascularity is nuts, and I just looked thick leaving the gym.
gotta luv the way the ABB maxx recovery coats your mouth in a pre digested protien slime. ALso I swooped up 2 bottles of the GB and 1 BH, and lookin like i will throw it in my pct.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
gotta luv the way the ABB maxx recovery coats your mouth in a pre digested protien slime.
Not really the first thing that comes to MY mind, but ok. You know, not that there's anything wrong with YOU thinking that. It's cool.

:lol:

ALso I swooped up 2 bottles of the GB and 1 BH, and lookin like i will throw it in my pct.[/QUOTE]

SWEET!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Hey naked chicks always make the ride seem that great!! haha Poison! Keep killin it my friend and still along for the ride!!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
intrigued by the log, considering some controlled labs stuff myself, specifically blue gene and reduction pm, possibly some powdered green mag/bulge in green apple flavor

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
reduction pm is great for sleep and you wake up leaner each day

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just typed a reply here, my wireless signal went away, hit send, and accidentally the whole post. Twice. Bitch! I'll type it up again when signal permits.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
intrigued by the log, considering some controlled labs stuff myself, specifically blue gene and reduction pm, possibly some powdered green mag/bulge in green apple flavor
I'd be happy to help you with any questions you have. I swear by Blue GENE and alot of my workout buddies do as well.

reduction pm is great for sleep and you wake up leaner each day
It sure is, great for sleep; and so I don't wake up in the middle of the night and eat cookies :D:ntome:

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
to the blue gene fans, is this an empty stomache type product or can i take it with food with ZERO loss of efficacy? Reason I ask is I never have an "empty" stomache, I feed small meals constantly throughout the day

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not super sensitive, IMO. I'd take it upon waking, with water, on non-workout days, and 1-2 hours before the workout on other days, by itself as much as possible.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This week was weird: my kids are out of summer school, and my wife started working out again for the first time since the kids were born. I don't have gym time on her workout days before work.

So I did pullups and dips on monday, BJJ on Tues and Thurs, and I hit pullups and dips after BJJ yesterday. Yesterday was AWESOME! We were drilling chokes and armbars from the back, escapes from the back, etc, then I rolled 6-7 times. We had some students I hadn't met before, and 2 were pretty feisty, so it was an intense session, just the way I like it.

After class, I went home, roasted some coffee orders, and hit the park on my way to work for pullups and dips. I was about to pass out after class, but managed 50 pullups and 40 dips in 6-7 minutes or so.

I'm looking bigger all the time, not just on days I work out with WF. I'm stronger, and have been getting a lot of comments on the mat, about how strong I am for my size. The creatine is kicking in strong, and I can simply push harder, longer. Pumps on workout days are thick as hell. Endurance is top notch.

I LOVE this combo! The fact that it's really good for overall health is just cake.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
which of the products do you consider being good for overall health?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Green Bulge for sure, and White Flood ain't too bad either.

GB: curcumin, krala, gymnema, methylcobalamin, creatine

White flood: coq10, vinpocetine, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, lutein, huperzine