John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Little about me: Twenty nine years old, did my first show last year, got third place in the heavyweight division. currently compete in the NGA organization(NGA amateur card), plan on doing NGA Nashville show Night of champions November 6th.

Goal of this log: To keep reducing body fat, gain some muscle, increase endurance, and get my strength back up where it was before the supraspinatus tendon injury.

what I am keeping an eye on with this log

Strength levels:
Alpha feeling:
Fatloss
Pumped look of the muscles:
Libido:
endurance:
keeping the muscle I do have:
Increasing strength

Current Supplements

Multi vitamin, vitamin C, fish Oils, coconut Oil, protein powder, ten grams glutmine per day.The ones highlighted in this log are Testopro, RecoverPro and Glycobol. (I was going to add in Essentials and joint I think i will wait to add this in at a later time)

Dosing
Testopro- four per day
RecoverPro -4-6 scoops per day(usually intra-workout)
Glycobol- 1-3 per day. The reason I do not go as recommended, which I have in the past, is because I have taken R-ALA over six years ago and highly studied this stuff. Glycobol contains NA-R-ALA which is 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala. (on refeed days it may be as high as 4-6. )

Nutrition

Currently am in calorie reduction mode. Depends on the day some days it is 2,300, some days 2,900, with an average of 2,600.

Training

Rehab training so as of now light training and nothing that hurts
Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Cardio and abdominals Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday

Any questions feel free to ask

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
I took Testopro and glycobol individually but never together. I can't wait till I stack them. Good Luck on the stack!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took Testopro and glycobol individually but never together. I can't wait till I stack them. Good Luck on the stack!
They work well together. I am sure you are enjoying it, when you start. If you decide to do a log I would be interested in following. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 12th 2010 Light chest shoulders triceps

Incline barbell
135lbs=10x's
decline barbell
135lbs=10x's
Right side nautilus lateral machine
90lbs=10x's
Overhead cable rope extensions
90lbs=10x's
110lbs=10-x's

Today cardio 30 minutes, abdominals
Stationary bike 10 minutes
incline treadmill 10 minutes
treadmill 10 minutes run
Ring of fire~
lower ab crunches off bench with dumb bell between feet 15lbs=12x's, 25lbs=12x's

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder which version of your log will end up with the most posts. I'm going to put my money here!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a side note I use stimulates infrequently and the last two days I have been dosing motivate two capsules, and one capsules today. currently I dose Motivate about once or twice per week . It gives me an alert boost if needed.

Will update when I get back from the gym

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Little about me: Twenty nine years old, did my first show last year, got third place in the heavyweight division. currently compete in the NGA organization(NGA amateur card), plan on doing NGA Nashville show Night of champions November 6th.

Goal of this log: To keep reducing body fat, gain some muscle, increase endurance, and get my strength back up where it was before the supraspinatus tendon injury.

what I am keeping an eye on with this log

Strength levels:
Alpha feeling:
Fatloss
Pumped look of the muscles:
Libido:
endurance:
keeping the muscle I do have:
Increasing strength

Current Supplements

Multi vitamin, vitamin C, fish Oils, coconut Oil, protein powder, ten grams glutmine per day.The ones highlighted in this log are Testopro, RecoverPro and Glycobol. (I was going to add in Essentials and joint I think i will wait to add this in at a later time)

Dosing
Testopro- four per day
RecoverPro -4-6 scoops per day(usually intra-workout)
Glycobol- 1-3 per day. The reason I do not go as recommended, which I have in the past, is because I have taken R-ALA over six years ago and highly studied this stuff. Glycobol contains NA-R-ALA which is 10-30 x's more powerful than R-ala. (on refeed days it may be as high as 4-6. )

Nutrition

Currently am in calorie reduction mode. Depends on the day some days it is 2,300, some days 2,900, with an average of 2,600.

Training

Rehab training so as of now light training and nothing that hurts
Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Cardio and abdominals Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday

Any questions feel free to ask
1-3 or 4-6 servings?

or is that pills?

ive taken that high of a dose before...

12 caps Gbol and 6 cap AP. twas nice

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1-3 or 4-6 servings?

or is that pills?

ive taken that high of a dose before...

12 caps Gbol and 6 cap AP. twas nice
1-3 Pills per day.4-6 on refeeds.

you must have done that on a refeed I assume. what effects did you notice?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1-3 Pills per day.4-6 on refeeds.

you must have done that on a refeed I assume. what effects did you notice?
amazing SLEEP lol

pretty full, and pumped, sometimes gas.

but i also would do 800-1344 (that being the highest in a day i ever went) carbs per refeed

pezdog1

Awards
I am on my 4th week testopro, glycobol, and essential with joint compound. Strength increase is outstanding!! I can only imagine if I would have had stoked with it. good luck bro Im im.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
amazing SLEEP lol

pretty full, and pumped, sometimes gas.

but i also would do 800-1344 (that being the highest in a day i ever went) carbs per refeed
sleep is always good on refeeds or calorie surplus in general.

I am on my 4th week testopro, glycobol, and essential with joint compound. Strength increase is outstanding!! I can only imagine if I would have had stoked with it. good luck bro Im im.
Glad it is working for you. and Thanks for subscribing

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 14th 2010 Hamstrings, quadriceps

Leg curl+3
100lbs=12x's (+3 is a technique Dante "invented")

leg curl
120lbs=10x's

Incline Glute ham raise
35lbs=10x's

Leg press(feet mid stance)
5 plates=10x's(cut it short of failure)

this log will be done with weekly updates like some of my previous ones

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note I use stimulates infrequently and the last two days I have been dosing motivate two capsules, and one capsules today. currently I dose Motivate about once or twice per week . It gives me an alert boost if needed.

Will update when I get back from the gym
I also do not dose it everyday. I really like it for days I know are going to be long ones.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July15th 2010 cardio 3 miles
one walk
two run(my running /jogging partner is 155 lbs)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 16 th 2010 biceps, forearms, back, abdominals (again workouts are light and cautious because of my healing shoulder)

Dumb bell preacher curl
40lbs=8x's

one arm hammer db preacher curl
35lbs=5x's

overhand wrist curls hanging off preacher top
12lbs=12x's
15lbs=8x's

underhand wide grip pull downs
170lbs=
160lbs=8x's

one arm dumb bell row
70lbs=9x's

abdominals
Captains chair 10x's, 12x's, 10x's
dumb bell between feet 15lbs=10x's,25lbs=12x's,25lbs=12x's
crunches on bench 50 x's

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice lifts!
Thanks Kristofer

they are nothing heavy for myself,at least I can do them though pain free though.The goal is to work my way back up to about my previous weights pain free.

One thing I like is perfect form , which always needs to be number one

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey buddy im a little late but I wouldnt think about missing your log!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Kristofer

they are nothing heavy for myself,at least I can do them though pain free though.The goal is to work my way back up to about my previous weights pain free.

One thing I like is perfect form , which always needs to be number one
That is the main thing. You don't want to be pushing lbs that will cause pain it will be something you really regret.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I think my joints are old beyond their years!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For years I abused my joints going too heavy and using joints instead of the muscle to move very heavy weights. It caught up with me about three years ago.

I would recommend anyone their first couple years of lifting go a bit higher rep and strengthen them tendons getting them ready. After, a couple years then start going heavy and always do warm ups.

July 17th 2010
yard-work 45 -60 minutes

I was 26 when i started having major joint issues, The best any one can do is learn from them and do what works for your body and joints.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
For years I abused my joints going too heavy and using joints instead of the muscle to move very heavy weights. It caught up with me about three years ago.

I would recommend anyone their first couple years of lifting go a bit higher rep and strengthen them tendons getting them ready. After, a couple years then start going heavy and always do warm ups.

July 17th 2010
yard-work 45 -60 minutes

I was 26 when i started having major joint issues, The best any one can do is learn from them and do what works for your body and joints.
Good advice!

Warm ups and hydration.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 19th 2010 Calves, chest, shoulders, triceps

Donkey Calve raises
315lbs=12x's
dumb bell between feet reverse raises (heels hanging off bench)
50lbs=9x's

Incline Barbell
170lbs=10x's
db fly
40lbs=6x's

seated shoulder press
60lbs=8x's
seated side laterals
25lbs=10x's

Overhead cable triceps extension
110lbs=12x's
body weight dips 10x's

Good news basically no pain, weights are climbing and within a short time I pray that I lift at heavy for myself coming into this contest(which is November 6th ).

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
July 19th 2010 Calves, chest, shoulders, triceps

Donkey Calve raises
315lbs=12x's
dumb bell between feet reverse raises (heels hanging off bench)
50lbs=9x's

Incline Barbell
170lbs=10x's
db fly
40lbs=6x's

seated shoulder press
60lbs=8x's
seated side laterals
25lbs=10x's

Overhead cable triceps extension
110lbs=12x's
body weight dips 10x's

Good news basically no pain, weights are climbing and within a short time I pray that I lift at heavy for myself coming into this contest(which is November 6th ).
Nice workout and great news on the lack of pain.:)

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
You know i'm along for the ride!! TIme to kill it!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got done abdominals at the gym did about 45 minutes

did a lot of super setting

leg crunch ups(on bench) 5 sets 10-12 reps after warm up used up to 20 lb dumb bells
Captains chair 5 sets no weight, legs weigh enough 10-12 reps
nautilus crunch machine 30 lbs 3 sets
rope cable crunch 2 sets 10-12 reps

Later when it cools off My brother and I will do 3 miles at our local park.

Just a note I really do not do high intensity cardio like this all year only a couple or a couple months out of the year. Sometimes it is good to do because of the heart ,health, and cardiovascular benefits low intensity does not give, the runners high feels euphoric.

guys over 225 lbs do not overdo it though and pace yourself.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Just got done abdominals at the gym did about 45 minutes

did a lot of super setting

leg crunch ups(on bench) 5 sets 10-12 reps after warm up used up to 20 lb dumb bells
Captains chair 5 sets no weight, legs weigh enough 10-12 reps
nautilus crunch machine 30 lbs 3 sets
rope cable crunch 2 sets 10-12 reps

Later when it cools off My brother and I will do 3 miles at our local park.

Just a note I really do not do high intensity cardio like this all year only a couple or a couple months out of the year. Sometimes it is good to do because of the heart ,health, and cardiovascular benefits low intensity does not give, the runners high feels euphoric.

guys over 225 lbs do not overdo it though and pace yourself.

cardio?

whats that?

great job John! Glad to hear its going pain free.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
John question for you- I am getting ready to purchase a bottle of glycobol tommorrow as I am eating probly about 200 over my maint- to cruise into my winter actual bulk.

This is the question- have you noticed any fat gain? This is the main reason for my using glycobol- I am hyper sensitive to carbs!

My body loves fats and protien but I get blubbery when I eat carbs so I figure glycobol will help with this?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John question for you- I am getting ready to purchase a bottle of glycobol tommorrow as I am eating probly about 200 over my maint- to cruise into my winter actual bulk.

This is the question- have you noticed any fat gain? This is the main reason for my using glycobol- I am hyper sensitive to carbs!

My body loves fats and protien but I get blubbery when I eat carbs so I figure glycobol will help with this?
I have not noticed fat gain or fat loss for that matter off of Glycobol. what I have noticed is fuller muscles as far as a visual standpoint.

From what I understand it works by making the insulin receptors more sensitive to insulin when you eat carbs so it mimetics insulin which helps with muscle gains and especially muscles looking fuller.

While Glycobol may work for people with type 2 diabetes, us bodybuilders use it for muscle gains. It is the strongest thing I have found with out going to insulin if type 2 diabetes people use it.

there are so many benefits to my favorite ingredient in Glycobol, Na-r-ala, which is 10-30 times more powerful than R-ala, which have a ton of health benefits.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just finished the three miles, just got a shower and pouring with sweat

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 20th 2010 Hamstrings, quads

lying leg curl+3
110lbs=11x's

lying leg curl
130lbs=13x's

incline glute ham raise
35lbs=13x's

smith squat ( parallel )
315=3x's did not go to failure
275=5x's did not go to failure

while I used to squat six years ago and did 405, these felt heavy because I never go this heavy and always go below parallel and most of the time ass to ground.

whilst I really do not care how much weight I can move because my legs are genetic and I can do just about anything and they respond I felt like testing the waters so to speak today. In fact I hold back on legs on purpose and put more intensity into my genetic "weak" body parts

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week One review

Strength levels: They are fine
Alpha feeling: Yes Alpha feeling is there
Fatloss: I am on a calorie reduced diet so yeah fatlos is happening, I am not sure oif glycobol ,testopro or revoverpro is helping I am keeping an eye on it though
Pumped look of the muscles: yes I attribute this mainly to glycobol
Libido: Off the charts
endurance:very good
keeping the muscle I do have: yes
Increasing strength: yes

Glycobol is helping with the pumped look of the muscles, especially after I take it. Testopro seems to have boosted libido. and Recoverpro helping strength as I use it intra-workout.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Week One review

Fatloss: I am on a calorie reduced diet so yeah fatlos is happening, I am not sure oif glycobol ,testopro or revoverpro is helping I am keeping an eye on it though

Glycobol is helping with the pumped look of the muscles, especially after I take it. Testopro seems to have boosted libido. and Recoverpro helping strength as I use it intra-workout.
Great weekly review my friend!! looking sharp. . .large and in charge. . .not sure if you stated already but what are your stats currently and what do you plan on your stats being for your next show?. . . i'm shooting for 205 at 4.5% WOOO HOOO!!! at 6'0 that is

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week One review

Great weekly review.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great weekly review my friend!! looking sharp. . .large and in charge. . .not sure if you stated already but what are your stats currently and what do you plan on your stats being for your next show?. . . i'm shooting for 205 at 4.5% WOOO HOOO!!! at 6'0 that is
4.5 % body fat I lost 8 percent last night ..ahh there goes my attempt at humor :stooges:

Three days ago,Monday t'was 231 lbs.

12.5-13.5 % My goal is to look better in conditioning ,size, separation,everything than the last show. I really am, not shooting for a weight goal my goal is to look ripped in general and the best condition I can come in to my ability,if I were to guess though 205-215.

Last year The judges told me my size is my strength and conditioning is my weakness. My main focus is on fat loss this prep and not size. While I have heard as a general rule in life to focus on your strengths and not do dwell on your weaknesses, this may be true outside bodybuilding and that may apply to some situations,I need to get into this area called conditioning down and get it handled.

I am still focused on getting this shoulder challenge back to normal so I can lift heavy again and come with hard dense muscle. Furthermore, I am on a fat loss diet at about 2,500 calories currently. My show is November 6th, lord willing, so that gives something like 13 more weeks.

with that said my main focus right now is getting my shoulder back to health and health comes before bodybuilding.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
also remember the NGA is a polygraph and urine drug tested organization so competitors, are not as big as NPC.

while they do allow anything a competitor can buy over the counter "supplements",however if a competitor tests positive for any of the steroids they test for they are disqualified.

The Professionals in the NGA might be about as big as some amateurs in the NPC.

It is a good organization and keeps one within the law.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
also remember the NGA is a polygraph and urine drug tested organization so competitors, are not as big as NPC.

while they do allow anything a competitor can buy over the counter "supplements",however if a competitor tests positive for any of the steroids they test for they are disqualified.

The Professionals in the NGA might be about as big as some amateurs in the NPC.

It is a good organization and keeps one within the law.
Wow they use a polygraph that is interesting.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 22nd 2010 abs and cardio

5 mile walk with a friend of mine at our local park

3 sets roman chairs 15,10,5

July 23nd Calves, biceps, back

Seated calve raise
2 plates=8x's
(form could have been better, would have to lower weight for better form, still okay form though just not perfect, the stop at top and squeeze the muscle than lower, it was more of a up and down still full range just not the squeeze at the top)

dumb bell between shoes reverse
50lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls 25lbs=15x's

nautilus Preacher curls
120lbs=12x's

Nautilus pullover machine
150lbs=6x's(stopped short of intense because felt some slight twinges in the shoulder, and since I am getting over this shoulder, I am not pushing it when there is slight twinging in that area)

V bar pulldown
150lbs=7x's ( again not pushing it)
assisted underhand close chin 50 lbs=5x's

Rack deadlifts(below knee at shin)
315lbs=15x's

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
June 22nd 2010 abs and cardio

5 mile walk with a friend of mine at our local park

3 sets roman chairs 15,10,5

July 23nd Calves, biceps, back

Seated calve raise
2 plates=8x's
(form could have been better, would have to lower weight for better form, still okay form though just not perfect, the stop at top and squeeze the muscle than lower, it was more of a up and down still full range just not the squeeze at the top)

dumb bell between shoes reverse
50lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls 25lbs=15x's

nautilus Preacher curls
120lbs=12x's

Nautilus pullover machine
150lbs=6x's(stopped short of intense because felt some slight twinges in the shoulder, and since I am getting over this shoulder, I am not pushing it when there is slight twinging in that area)

V bar pulldown
150lbs=7x's ( again not pushing it)
assisted underhand close chin 50 lbs=5x's

Rack deadlifts(below knee at shin)
315lbs=15x's
Nice workout.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your discipline is going to get you far. NIce work and great review.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 24th 2010

90 minutes low intensity cardio (mowing grass and walk)

July 25th 2010 2 mile run

July 26th 2010 Calves, chest, shoulders, triceps

Donkey calve
315=10x's

Incline Smith (smiths are good for recuperating injury) (good news, a couple twinges so I am still cautious, overall felt good)
185lbs=10x's

Shoulder machine overhead press(narrow grip) read narrow grip is easier on shoulders in a flex
120lbs=12x's
160lbs=10x's

nautilus side lateral machine
left arm 50lbs= 10x's slight twinge so took it easy
right arm 120lbs=10
140lbs=10x's

overhead cable extension
120lbs=12-7-6 (rest pause)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
July 24th 2010

90 minutes low intensity cardio (mowing grass and walk)

July 25th 2010 2 mile run

July 26th 2010 Calves, chest, shoulders, triceps

Donkey calve
315=10x's

Incline Smith (smiths are good for recuperating injury) (good news, a couple twinges so I am still cautious, overall felt good)
185lbs=10x's

Shoulder machine overhead press(narrow grip) read narrow grip is easier on shoulders in a flex
120lbs=12x's
160lbs=10x's

nautilus side lateral machine
left arm 50lbs= 10x's slight twinge so took it easy
right arm 120lbs=10
140lbs=10x's

overhead cable extension
120lbs=12-7-6 (rest pause)
LOL worst cardio I can think of. By the time I get the lawn cut I got all types of dirt in my pores and feel nasty. I would rather do 90 minutes of fart licks than that LMAO.