TestoPro Strongman Log

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I have been a member on here for years now and have never logged anything. I have decided to start a Testopro log. I have a strongman comp on 8/28 that I am just starting to train for. I have not competed in over 2 years. My strength and endurance on the events have gone down quite a bit. I am in Physical Therapy school so I haven't had much time to train. Now, I have 1 year left of school which is mostly clinicals. That is giving me much more time to train. I normally don't take many supps, but I am giving Testopro a try to help with recovery. I am mainly going to review recovery, endurance, and strength. I won't be discussing body comp or anything of that nature.
Anyway, I started Testpro on Wednesday. I am dosing at 4 pills a day right now. Later on in the cycle, I may up it to 6 and add in HGH pro depending on how things are going. I will try to update as often as possible. I use Wendler's 5/3/1 for most of my training. Right now, I am running a 5/3/1 cycle with Axle Press, Deadlift, Bench, and Squat. Here are my last couple workouts since starting Testopro.

6/10 Still deloading.
Front Squats
45x10/95x8/135x5/185x3/225x3/275x2/315x2/335x1

Pause Squats
225x5/250x5

Snatch grip Deads SS Pull Throughs
225x5/5/5................5/5/5

Seated Leg curls
8/6

Decline Sit-ups with Russian twists

6/12 New 5/3/1 started today.
8 min on the bike, lots of stretching, light squatting

Axle Press- 1 clean
115x5/5/160x5/185x5/210x12

CG Bench
135x8/185x5/225x3/275x1/305x3

Pull ups
3/Bw+25x4/3/bwX5/3/3/3

OH Tri Ext
100 3x10

Nothing yet to report from the testopro. If I hit some PRs in the next couple weeks, I will call it a success. Deadlifts tomorrow. I'll try to get a few videos.

Last edited:
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should feel this kick in by 2nd week.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Sounds good. Hopefully, I'll be getting something from it by next weekend.
My training will look a little different from most logs on here, so ask me if you have any questions about it.

6/13

Deadlifts with Pro Short Strong Band (adds around 250# at the top of the lift)
135x5/185x3/225x3/275x3/315x3/365x1/385x1PR
The 385 was around 635 at the top with the bands. I want 405 with this band tension. Getting close so hopefully, the Testopro will give me the edge. I will test my deadlift at the end of the cycle also. 615 should go.

230 Keg Carry/600 Tire Flip
50ft+5 flips/100ft+5 flips

Sit ups
2x10

Various Planking

Bike 10 minutes

Doesn't sound like much, but its hot as hell here and the keg/tire killed me. Shouldn't have tried strongman training outside at 2:30 during the summer in Louisiana. Not too smart.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Early morning or late afternoon around here now as well. We don't have the humidity but we are in triple digit temps. love the strongman training and wish I could do it but my age is limiting.

You should feel a big libido jump soon.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
We don't have the triple digit heat, but the humidity is ridiculous. I sweat quite a bit just standing in the shade. Once I find out some events for my next comp, I will probably start doing an early morning saturday workout.
Here is a little info on my training.

Training Split
Sunday- Deadlifts/Strongman events.
Tuesday- Bench/Back/Arms...I bench right now because I was thinking about doing a PL meet this summer. I will probably phase this out after this cycle.
Wednesday- Squat- Usually Back squat/front squat/some sort of OLY lift/then Hamstring work.
Saturday- OH Pressing/Back

When I start doing heavier events, I will be squatting and deadlifting on the same day so I can be more fresh for event day which will be on Saturdays.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
6/15Bench-W/U then
220x5/255x5/290x9 PR

1 Arm strict DB
75 2x5

BB Row
135x12/225x5/275 2x6

Underhand Lat Pulls SS Push downs
10/8/6

Rear Delt Raises
35 2x8

BB Curls
100x10/110x4/70x6

Pinwheel curls
45x8/25x6

Not much to report with the TestoPro. I am hoping to start getting something soon. I did hit a bench PR today, but it was only 5 pounds. Pretty solid workout though.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice PR bubba...give this a little more time and you should not be disappointed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure everyone would love to have a +5lb PR on their bench. Little steps get you to big distances.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks. I didn't mean to sound like I didn't appreciate the PR. I've been lifting for 10+ years so I will take what I can get. I just meant that I wouldn't contribute the PR to testopro yet. Squats this evening....if my knee settles down by then. If not, I'll squat tomorrow.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my squat sessions are always knee dependent....hit the first warm up set and see how things feel...hmmm Plan A or Plan B??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find a little Capzaisin cream helps to warm-up the joints. I have a cranky back and do this before I DL.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I will have to give that a try. I normally get on the bike for 5-7 minutes, stretch a little, do some overhead squats, then start squatting. I make sure I'm good and warmed up.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Went ahead and squatted today. I did my usual bike and extensive warm up. Knee felt good. I have some patellafemoral issues. Not really the actual knee joint but it still drives me crazy when it flares up. I think I am going to start trying to do more quad exercises such as TKEs. I'm thinking I have some imbalance causing the PFJ problems. I felt good and strong today. If I can get the knee under control, I'll so some heavy squat singles at the end of the cycle. I think my recovery between sets was a little better than usual today. Good sign for the Testopro. Here is today's workout.
6/16
Bike- 7 min
Squat- 45x15/95x8/135x5/185x5/225x2/290x5/335x5/380x5

Snatch grip deads
135x5/225x5/315x5/405x5/465x3

hypers
3x10

DB side bends
75x10/100x10

Sit ups
2x10

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Little Update. I definitely think the Testopro is kicking in now. I usually do a little Active recovery workout when I am sore. I could tell just from that workout that my endurance is up. I do really high reps (20-30) for those workouts and I just felt like I could keep going and going. It is looking good so far. I am not even two weeks in. Today is an overhead pressing day. I was planning on training the Axle for this cycle, but I just found out that my next competition will either have a Log Press or a Dumbell Medley. I will probably go for some heavy DB pressing. Hopefully, I will break the 160 mark. I'll post up a video if I get it. I have no pics in my log so far, so here is pretty cool deadlift pic. It is 405+200lbs of chain. Not a PR, just happened to get a pic of it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bubba you are thick!! What are you tipping the scales at? I am not a great judge from pictures but you have to be pushing 260-270. You might be good to go with 6 ED after 2 weeks. How is the libido? That was a big plus for me with Testopro.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I am 252 right now. I am just short (5'9) so I look thicker than I am. I have a fairly good build for deads but not pressing. 5'9 with a 72in wingspan. I was thinking about upping the dosage, but I am going to see what 4ed will do once it has truly kicked in. Had a pretty decent workout today.
6/19
2.5 inch DB Clean and Press (9 pounds empty)
59x8/89x5/109x3/129x2/139x1/149x1/159x a few misses
Not really a strength issue on these. It is just incredibly awkward and I haven't touched it in months. I had it easily on one attempt but my foot slipped because we were doing it on grass. It's easier to just drop the db on a miss than try to catch it.
Strict Log Press
90x5/140x5/190x5

Pull ups
10/3/3

Chain skull crushers
1 chainX12/2 chainsx10/12

DB Row
150x10/6 ( grip gave out)

Endurance is definitely up. Recovery between lifts is quicker. Not too much on strength yet. Weight has dropped around 2-3 pounds since the start. I am fine with that since I will have to cut to 231 in August. I am aiming to be around 245 by late July so I won't have to cut quite as much for weigh-ins. If I have good sucess with TestoPro, I plan on running another cycle in August for the comp. I powerlift in a tested fed every so often so I like to keep it clean.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah you must be a dead lifting machine! That is one helluva wing span too!

Those DB clean/presses are wicked core movements.
You might want to look at their SWOLE stack if this treats you well. It is all natural with a nutrient partioner and an Aromatase Inhibitor. Great combo!!

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Worked out at 8:30 this morning. Gottta go eat with my dad for Father's Day. My abs are pretty sore from the DB presses yesterday. Otherwise, Im feeling good. Recovery continues to improve. That is mainly what I am looking for from Testopro. I have been staying sore for much longer than I should, even with light workouts. I think strength is starting to pick up a little, but I'll take what I can get there. Here's today's workout.
6/20
Bike 5 min
Lots of stretching
GM- 45x20
Deads
135x8/185x5/225x3/315x2/
395x3
455x3
510x7. I'll call that a PR

Front Yoke Carry (Zercher Carry)/ Tire Flip
90x40ft + 5 flips/180x40ft + 8 flips/ 320x40 ft + 6 flips

Hypers
3x8-10

TKEs
mini band X 30

Band pull aparts

Wanted to do a couple more events, but I ran out of time.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I would definitely say that the Testopro has kicked in now. Endurance and strength are up a bit now. I am making it through my workouts with less rest between sets. I think I might up the does to 5 ED because of my size. I would do six, but I don't want to cut the cycle short. I don't have the funds to buy another bottle, but it is quite tempting. Here is todays workout.
Bench
45x20/95x10/135x5/185x3/225x1
240x3/275x3/310x6 PR

Military
45x10/95x5/135x5/185x3/205x3/225x2/135x5

Rev. Grip Lat Pulls
8/6/10...PR on these. The plates on the machine are numbered. Not sure on the weight.

Seated Rows
8/8

Hammer Curls
60x16 RP

Pushdowns
StackX23 RP

Very solid workout today. Feeling really good for a nice PR single on Bench in a few weeks.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just saw this for the first time...sorry I didn't subscribe sooner!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just saw this for the first time...sorry I didn't subscribe sooner!
He's hitting his stride right now with the TestoPro. He has freak strength!:196:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TestoPRO and now HGHpro seem to get the most consistent feedback out of all of our products. Motivate is up there too though.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I had actually planned on stacking HGHpro with Testopro but I will wait until I have a little more spare cash. Being a grad student sucks for cash flow.

TestoPRO and now HGHpro seem to get the most consistent feedback out of all of our products. Motivate is up there too though.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Upped my dose to 5 ED for now. Had a pretty good workout today even though I haven't been feeling too good today. I think I ate something that got my stomach. Squatting with stomach issues is not fun, but I got a few sets in.

Bike 5 min
Squat
45x15/95x10/135x5/185x3/225x2/275x2
315x3/355x3/400x3

Front Squat
225 5x3 with about 45s rest between sets

BB Complex (hang clean/front squat/jerk/back squat/jerk =1 rep)
135 2x3

Pull Throughs
10/10/6

DB side bends
110 2x8

For once, my knees were feeling good but the stomach ruined the squats. Oh well. I'll be adding wraps and going heavy on them pretty soon. I'm itching to add HGHpro to this cycle now after reading all the sleep benefits. My sleep sucks lately. I wake up around 4-5 times per night. Might try some melatonin tonight. Just some active recovery tomorrow. Will lift again on Saturday.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good job on pushing through. It's tough to workout when not feeling well!

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks man. Gotta get it done. The DOMS in my legs is pretty ridiculous right now. It's goin to take a lot of warming up tomorrow to get them loose. Pressing tomorrow and deads on Sunday. Going to shoot for 540x4 if I can get the soreness out of my Hammies.

Good job on pushing through. It's tough to workout when not feeling well!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice log bro, tight pic too. I need to do some of those with the chains.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks MRbigPR.

Had an awesome workout today. Strength is definitely up now. No question. This is what I have been waiting for from Testpro. My legs are still unbelievably sore, but I'm feeling good otherwise.

Military Press
45x12/95x5/135x3/185x2/215x1/240x1 PR. Benny after that for a while. Overhead pressing is a weakness of mine so Im really tryin to improve it.

Clean and Press Medley (Standard DB/BB/2.5in DB/Log
100/185/119/190- 27 sec
100/205/129/210- 31s
100/225/139/220-29.5s

2.5in DB
159xm/159x1...PR
I have missed that quite a few times so it felt great to get it.

Pull ups
BWx3/+25x4/BWx3

Chain skullcrusher/EZ bar curls
2 chainsX12/110x10
2 chainsX12/110x8

That's it. Deads and more SM events in the morning. Gonna be hitting the Atlas stones hard soon so I will be combining my squat/dead workout in about 2 weeks.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks for the rep points. Here is a video of the 159 DB. It is a lot of technique so I think I will be able to add weight soon since I have figured it out pretty well now.

YouTube- 2.5 in DB 159.wmv

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Had a decent workout this morning. I finshed lifting at 7 yesterday evening and lifted again at 9 this morning. Didn't give myself enough time to recover. Just felt drained through the whole workout. My hammies are still sore from squatting. I think I may deload my squats a little early for some extra recovery before I get really heavy with them.
Bike- 5 min
Lots of stretching.
Deads
135x8/185x5/225x3/275x2/315x1
425x5/480x3/540x3
Not PR weight but good enough for the limited recovery time from yesterday.

Farmers walk/tire flip
190x40ft/5 flips- 27s
190x40ft/5 flips- no time but felt about the same

Sandbag Load
220x5/5

The heat got me on those. It's light weight but I was drained. I'll be back at it on Tuesday for some benching. Hoping for 325x5 but we will see.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Had another good workout today. Hit some nice PRs so strength is definitely up. Endurance is through the roof when I'm not trying to train outside in the heat for strongman events. My girlfriend told me I was looking a little leaner also. BW is around 252 so not much change. I am sure going to hate to run out of Testopro. Things are just getting good. I feel like 5 ED made quite a difference. Here is today's workout.
Bench
45x20/95x10/135x5/185x3/225x1
255x5/290x3/325x5. 5# PR

Incline DB
90x5/110x5

Pulldowns
210x19 RP. I think. Don't have my log in front of me.

Hammer Curls
60x17 RP. Probably a PR.

Pushdowns
StackX25 RP. PR

Feeling good and strong these days. I'm pretty impressed with Testopro so far. I have a little less than a week left. 8 weeks is tempting me right now.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Solid workout today. Endurance continues to be good. I changed things up today for squats. I am going to focus on front squatting for the next 8 weeks or so. I feel that I get much more benefit for strongman events with front squats. I will also be switching to a different workout split now that my contest is 8 weeks away. I will no longer have a seperate squat and deadlift days. I will do a squat and deadlift variation on Wednesday, then SM events on Saturday or Sunday. I am also starting my cut to 231. I will shoot for around 10 pounds in 8 weeks, then I will drop water weight for the rest.
Bike 5 min
Front squat
45x10/95x8/135x5/185x3/225x3/275x3/315 2x2

Hang clean
135x5/185x3/225x3/235x3

Power Snatch
135x3/155x3

Straight Leg DL
225x5/315x5/405x3

Abs

I'm ready to start doing some serious training for the next 8 weeks. Should be fun.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SLDL #s are crazy Ant!! Front squats solid too. Have you ever tried Zerchers. These are also a good strongman type of squat.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Thanks. My front squats are down quite a bit right now for some reason. I'm struggling with keeping the bar racked well. I've tried zerchers a few times. I'll have to add them in soon for some variety.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same for me with keeping the bar in place. I just roll with the Zerchers instead.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I'll definitely be adding in some Zerchers soon. I like to do then with an Axle. I haven't gotten a chance to log my last workout. I'll just post the highlights for last Friday's workout.
7/2
Military
225x3 PR...I'm slowly fixing this weakness.
I just did some light recovery type lifting after this for back, bi's and tri's.

I am have now changed my workout split to better train for the comp.
I will be doing something similar to this. http://www.wannabebig.com/training/bodybuilding/strongman-training-for-maximum-hypertrophy/
Really good article by a fellow SM competitor. I like that split.

7/5
Incline Log Press
90x10/140x5/190x5/210x5/230x5

Log Lockouts at my sticking point.
90x12/140x3/190x3/210x3

Pushdowns SS Axle Curl (much harder then a standard BB to me)
10/10/10/8.......75x10/95x10/105x5

Lots of Delt work with Mini bands for a little Prehab

I'm just about out of Testopro. I feel like I am just getting in to some good effects from it. 8 weeks would definitely be a good thing with it at 5-6 ED for me. Strength has improved, endurance has improved and body comp seems to be a little better. I was 256 around 5 weeks ago and I am sitting right at 248 right now with increased strength. On another note, my arms are right at 19in right now. I don't think they have ever been that size at any weight.

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I'm liking the switch to my split so far. I have to say, my strength hasn't felt this good in quite a while. I am having to hold back a little to not go for heavy weights. I want to be good and fresh for some Atlas stone training this weekend. 2 more days of Testopro. I can't wait until I can get another bottle and add in HGHPro for some good sleep and recovery. Here is todays workout.

Deads
135x8/225x5/275x3/315x3/405x3/500x3/520x3/550x2...Easily had 5+ here, but I held back since I have no reason to go failure right now. I haven't pulled a heavy single in several months and I am itching do it now. I think I will give it a go in about 2 weeks.

Hang Cleans
135x5/185x5/225x3/3

Leg Press
2 platesX20/3 platesX15/4 plates X12/5 platesX8
I never do leg press. This was the first time I touched the leg press at the gym that I've been at for around 5 months now. I think I will keep doing these for a little extra quad work.

Leg Curls
2x12

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I just wanted to get on here and give my final review of Testopro.

Strength:
I was pleasantly surprised at the strength increases that I saw with Testopro at 5 caps per day. I really started to hit some good number during my 4th and final week which makes me think a few more weeks would have been awesome. I hit PRs on bench, deadlift, overhead press, and many otherr assistance lifts. I was finally able to get 300 overhead during my testopro cycle. I have been after that for a while now. That was a 20 pound PR. I would definitely rate Testopro high for Strength.

Recovery:
This is something that I had really been needing. My hamstrings have been staying sore for 4-5 days after squatting. I did notice a little faster recovery during my 3rd and 4th weeks, but nothing drastic. I guess I should add in an GH product for my next cycle.

Endurance
I was able to keep my workouts going strong for much longer. I felt like I recovered between sets much quicker.

Body Comp
I weighed 256 at the beginning of June and I am 248 now. I lost weight and gained strength. I've had several people tell me that my arms were looking bigger. I don't do a ton of direct arm work so I was surprised by this. My girlfriend also told me that I was looking leaner.

Overall, I just wish I had another bottle. I was very impressed and look forward to running another cycle. Thanks for those of you that followed my log.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to get on here and give my final review of Testopro.

Strength:
I was pleasantly surprised at the strength increases that I saw with Testopro at 5 caps per day. I really started to hit some good number during my 4th and final week which makes me think a few more weeks would have been awesome. I hit PRs on bench, deadlift, overhead press, and many otherr assistance lifts. I was finally able to get 300 overhead during my testopro cycle. I have been after that for a while now. That was a 20 pound PR. I would definitely rate Testopro high for Strength.

Recovery:
This is something that I had really been needing. My hamstrings have been staying sore for 4-5 days after squatting. I did notice a little faster recovery during my 3rd and 4th weeks, but nothing drastic. I guess I should add in an GH product for my next cycle.

Endurance
I was able to keep my workouts going strong for much longer. I felt like I recovered between sets much quicker.

Body Comp
I weighed 256 at the beginning of June and I am 248 now. I lost weight and gained strength. I've had several people tell me that my arms were looking bigger. I don't do a ton of direct arm work so I was surprised by this. My girlfriend also told me that I was looking leaner.

Overall, I just wish I had another bottle. I was very impressed and look forward to running another cycle. Thanks for those of you that followed my log.
TestoPro is the bomb for strength........I like your idea of running it a bit high. Next time i run it, I think Im going 5 or 6 ED as well.

Nice friggin Deads man.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job Ant...TestoPro definitely produces the goods.