Army Guy "Kleens" out the cabinets with LG, AI, PES, USP, and the kitchen sink! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 16

Army Guy "Kleens" out the cabinets with LG, AI, PES, USP, and the kitchen sink!

Page 16 of 22 First ... 11141516171821 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Some more encouragement for you Major.

By the way, I personally think that R. Lee Ermy would make a great therapist.

THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love that commercial lol.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

I love that one as well!!!! better yet, my wife thinks that he would should be required watching for all the pansy mansy's out there!!!! lol

ok guys went and killed it at the gym this morning. Had a great lift and pushed the leg to its limit
    Back
    Dead Lifts
    135 - 185 - 215 (these felt good, but kept it at 5) - 275 - 315 (did 1 to test the leg) - 335 (did 1 again) the leg was pretty unstable at this point. I will stay here until the leg can get back to around 10 reps at 315. It wasn't a hard weight to pull, just the stability was a bit in question. No pain though which is a good thing. Should be back to 10 reps on this in 6 weeks or so. Taking it slow
    Wide grip pull downs
    210 for 4 sets at 10 reps. Light weight but was concentrating on the pump in the back
    Close grip pull downs - instead of leaning back, I stayed perfectly vertical and brought the weight to my chin... nice and slow
    4 sets
    1 arm DB rows
    leg was a bit unstable still, so kept it light at 115 and only 3 sets of 12
    bent over rows BB
    ok was pretty unstable here so kept it at 135 for 2 sets of 15. Hopefully will be back in the high 200's again soon
    Back felt great and pumped after this

Legs
    1 leg extensions
    got up to 105 per leg. Felt good
    leg press
    up to 300!!! 4 sets. I had to hold the knee on the negative portion of these as there was a slight popping, but no pain. The ligaments are just getting used to the weight again... I hope
    Calf raises
    4 sets at 300
    Body weight squats
    just wanted to find the range of motion again. Believe it or not these were the hardest on the knee. I was able to make a full butt to heals ROM, but it was NOT a pretty site!!! lol
    Working on living
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Be careful on that press you crazy man! Make sure to bring a camera though so you get a badass movie if your leg decides to fall off because you put 800 on the press o.O

JK though, very impressive recovery going on!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    I love that one as well!!!! better yet, my wife thinks that he would should be required watching for all the pansy mansy's out there!!!! lol

ok guys went and killed it at the gym this morning. Had a great lift and pushed the leg to its limit
    Back
    Dead Lifts
    135 - 185 - 215 (these felt good, but kept it at 5) - 275 - 315 (did 1 to test the leg) - 335 (did 1 again) the leg was pretty unstable at this point. I will stay here until the leg can get back to around 10 reps at 315. It wasn't a hard weight to pull, just the stability was a bit in question. No pain though which is a good thing. Should be back to 10 reps on this in 6 weeks or so. Taking it slow
    Wide grip pull downs
    210 for 4 sets at 10 reps. Light weight but was concentrating on the pump in the back
    Close grip pull downs - instead of leaning back, I stayed perfectly vertical and brought the weight to my chin... nice and slow
    4 sets
    1 arm DB rows
    bent over rows BB
    ok was pretty unstable here so kept it at 135 for 2 sets of 15. Hopefully will be back in the high 200's again soon

Legs
    1 leg extensions
    leg press
    up to 300!!! 4 sets. I had to hold the knee on the negative portion of these as there was a slight popping, but no pain. The ligaments are just getting used to the weight again... I hope
    Calf raises
    4 sets at 300
    Body weight squats
    just wanted to find the range of motion again. Believe it or not these were the hardest on the knee. I was able to make a full butt to heals ROM, but it was NOT a pretty site!!! lol
    Major you are a beast. Just don't get carried away on that leg! It is a marathon, not a sprint, to get that back to fighting shape. The sad thing is your deads with a bum knee are as good as my best work...
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

Nice workout Army! You'll be crushing heavy weights for reps in no time....
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Depends how heavy you go. Your knees hardly ever perform "bad form" on a squat or dead lift. It's a hinge joint, it only moves in two directions during a squat or dead lift. The only joints that suffers from bad form are the shoulder and wrist joints and that's because they're multi-directional. Elbows, knees, only move in one or two directions (elbows can't hyper-extend, so they technically only move in one direction, flexion). Joint issues arrive from cumulative stress and your personal genetics will determine whether you get them or not. However, lifting heavy and straining those joints over time will more then likely move you into the "will have" margin.

Also, Knee Wraps are nothing like Belts in principle. Belts may caused diminished natural core strength, core strength is a muscle issue. Knee wraps don't cause a diminish of anything (except for injuries) because you don't have knee bone muscles. You're protecting a hinge with a knee wrap. With a belt, your protecting your spine, but in the process, the belt effects how your abs and spinal erector muscles co-contract (aka your core).

How you know whether someone's advice is good or not, isn't about what they tell you what you should and shouldn't do, it's if they can reasonably explain why you should or shouldn't do it. Otherwise, its more like a myth then sound advice.

The only type of tissues around a knee joint, are cartilage, ligaments and tendons and they don't contract, they just hold things together, therefore, you're not taking anything away with a wrap. With a belt, the pressure causes a false contraction, so the core doesn't necessarily have to contract as hard to create stability and that is the theory as to why belts diminish natural core strength, over time.

and knowing is half the battle.

Back
    Dead Lifts
    Wide grip pull downs
    4 sets
    1 arm DB rows
    bent over rows BB

Legs
    1 leg extensions
    leg press
    Calf raises
    4 sets at 300
    Body weight squats
    WOW that amazing,

Really impressive sh!t,

If 10% of the country had your work ethic we would be back to the great super power we always were!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not in the giant sh!t hole we have created for ourselves

Alas 99% of the population are lazy whining bastards that want everything given to then on a silver platter.......

Rant over
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.

Nice work major, just make sure you don't run before you can walk so to speak... None of us want to see you reinjured!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It's hard to stay wise while being hardcore, particularly & uber especially on the dead lifts. I have a hard time meshing the two, wisdom & hardcore'dness, which is why I always injure myself on that damn (favorite) lift. Good stuff AG, way to test the waters with a straight head on.

NSCA - CSCS
  10. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

AG!! you kept it light at 115lb DB rows @ 3 sets of 12? nothing light there bro.. at full ROM, i see monsters at the gym that don't do that **** way to punish it man..

someone looking at your workout would never think you have an issue with your leg..nurse it back in slow this way we don't lose you!!
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Be careful on that press you crazy man! Make sure to bring a camera though so you get a badass movie if your leg decides to fall off because you put 800 on the press o.O

JK though, very impressive recovery going on!
    lol nice! I need to vid my BW squats! those I did this morning were nothing short of comical!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Major you are a beast. Just don't get carried away on that leg! It is a marathon, not a sprint, to get that back to fighting shape. The sad thing is your deads with a bum knee are as good as my best work...
    great advice my friend. I will def heed the warning!
    Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice workout Army! You'll be crushing heavy weights for reps in no time....
    I just need to find a way to catch YOU my beastly friend!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    WOW that amazing,

Really impressive sh!t,

If 10% of the country had your work ethic we would be back to the great super power we always were!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not in the giant sh!t hole we have created for ourselves

Alas 99% of the population are lazy whining bastards that want everything given to then on a silver platter.......

Rant over
    you should try teaching college kids!!!! talk about whining little... they want everything given to them, no questions asked... it is their RIGHT after all. The government should give them a silver spoon for the sole reason that they are gracing the US Army with their mere presence... please stop me from killing someone...
    Quote Originally Posted by gwls View Post
    Nice work major, just make sure you don't run before you can walk so to speak... None of us want to see you reinjured!
    will do my friend!
    It's hard to stay wise while being hardcore, particularly & uber especially on the dead lifts. I have a hard time meshing the two, wisdom & hardcore'dness, which is why I always injure myself on that damn (favorite) lift. Good stuff AG, way to test the waters with a straight head on.

there is a fine line mixed up in that huge gray area. I am with you though... try to find IT before IT finds you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    AG!! you kept it light at 115lb DB rows @ 3 sets of 12? nothing light there bro.. at full ROM, i see monsters at the gym that don't do that **** way to punish it man..

someone looking at your workout would never think you have an issue with your leg..nurse it back in slow this way we don't lose you!!
    thanks my brotha!!! I just wish our gym here had DBs over 120... I will have to actually drive 3 miles to go to that other gym... man am I getting THAT lazy... HOLY CRAP permission to strike the above words from the record your honor and kick my own nuts with steel toe boots!!!
    Working on living
  12. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

Most Govt gyms u wont see anything higher then that.. hahaha they dont want people on waiver!
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I really need to learn the multi quote thing. It looks so efficient.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.

impressive numbers bro
    NEW LG LOG CHECK IT OUT
    if only bc Big Ron is in my avatar
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170780-lets-try-again.html
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.

Nice lift bro
    I will work for supplements!
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

thanks guys!!

Check this one out... almost made me cringe...

Working on living
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.

Ouch
    I will work for supplements!
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

thanks guys!!

YES!!! I LOVE THESE!!!

NSCA - CSCS
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.

thanks guys really motivated to workout now!

although I may never bench with an open grip again
    NEW LG LOG CHECK IT OUT
    if only bc Big Ron is in my avatar
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170780-lets-try-again.html
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

315 (did 1 to test the leg) - 335 (did 1 again) the leg was pretty unstable at this point. I will stay here until the leg can get back to around 10 reps at 315. It wasn't a hard weight to pull, just the stability was a bit in question. No pain though which is a good thing.
    I heard this on the phone and still couldn't believe it.

And now for more of ole Lovable Gunny Ermey:
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Most Govt gyms u wont see anything higher then that.. hahaha they dont want people on waiver!
    Ya the AF base fitness center I go to only has up to 150s BUT most of the weights between 105 and 150 r missing. They wont replace them but will get brand new flat screen TVs for every 5 feet of wall. New cardio and "weight lifting machines" every 6 monthes. I can pretty much max any machine they have... Im not strong enough to be able to say that. I wish they would replace the DBs before I get hurt making the damn jump from 115s to 135s.

I really need to learn the multi quote thing. It looks so efficient.
    Once u start u will never post without it

thanks guys!!

My knee buckled a bit when I saw that and I was sitting down. Oh ya and I was supposed to squat today.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya the AF base fitness center I go to only has up to 150s BUT most of the weights between 105 and 150 r missing. They wont replace them but will get brand new flat screen TVs for every 5 feet of wall. New cardio and "weight lifting machines" every 6 monthes. I can pretty much max any machine they have... Im not strong enough to be able to say that. I wish they would replace the DBs before I get hurt making the damn jump from 115s to 135s.

Once u start u will never post without it

My knee buckled a bit when I saw that and I was sitting down. Oh ya and I was supposed to squat today.
    I was just at Golds in NYC ****ing sad state of affairs DB to 120 I was WTF ?

Def wasn't Venice Beach now that a gym
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

I am now officially happy with a 300lb squat o.O
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Oh yeah, watching people die made me forget why I was posting in the first place:

Votum takes on MrKleen's Warrior Routeen!

New log, whoring myself in other threads is much more efficient than sending out 100 individual PMs
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

thanks guys!!

YES!!! I LOVE THESE!!!

Personally, I don't like watching these type of videos.
    I've had a few accidents and injuries over the years. Torn right pec, torn right calf, surgery on the right knee, damaged right rotator cuff, etc.....
    These videos bring it too close to home for me. I don't like seeing people getting injured.

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Personally, I don't like watching these type of videos.
    I've had a few accidents and injuries over the years. Torn right pec, torn right calf, surgery on the right knee, damaged right rotator cuff, etc.....
    These videos bring it too close to home for me. I don't like seeing people getting injured.
    With you 100% TG, I could only stomach the first 30 secs then I had to stop. I don't like to cloud my mind with negative thoughts like that. Reminds me of the few injuries I had over the years and none near as bad as those. Anyways, back to the Major's butt kicking log!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

thanks guys!!

The only thing even remotely funny about that vid is they called him a "bodybuilder".......

28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    The only thing even remotely funny about that vid is they called him a "bodybuilder".......
    completely agree!!! If he is a bodybuilder than I am a church mouse!!!

Ok guys hit cardio today and let me tell you... I could barely walk!!! The legs are in DOMS heaven right now. I was so sore I could barely walk to the car!!! You know what that means???!!!! NEW MUSCLE BEING BUILT!!!!! So to celebrate these DOMS, I did extra cardio and abs today!!!
    Working on living
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Ok guys hit cardio today and let me tell you... I could barely walk!!! The legs are in DOMS heaven right now. I was so sore I could barely walk to the car!!!
    Just so long as you weren't limping AG!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

lol NEVER!!!!
    Working on living
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Some of the guys in the vids looked like they were using a full grip on bench and still the bar slipped from their hands.. It was video's like this that stopped me from using a open grip.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

I use open grip and that was sickening to watch

Just sickening
  33. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm with TG and Fin - too many injuries for me to stomach those. It's one thing if I saw it in person; then I'd do whatever I could to help. But watching a vid of it, no thanks.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

ok guys hit the gym this morning and had just a great lift. Based off Punthura's workout, I added a reverse grip military presses, and LOVED them.

Shoulders
    Normal seated military press - slowly getting the destroyed shoulder back on track and increasing weight (jacked it last year around this time)
    135 - 185 - 185 - 135 (the 185 was pretty light. Will go up next week but want to do it slow to avoid reinjury)
    DB front raises
    up to 45's per hand. 4 sets of 10
    Reverse Military press - done on Smith with 25lb bar
    135 x 4 sets - kept it light as this is the first time doing these. Let me tell you they really nailed the front delt. Can't wait to start moving some weight on these
    side lateral raises -
    35's 4 sets of 10
    SuperSet of reverse shrugs and upright rows
    3 sets no rest between
    Reverse peck deck
    4 sets done very controlled and slow with a squeeze at the top.

Biceps
    hammer curls
    up to 70's but only got 4 before the form began slipping... I stopped in anger and decided to punish myself by immediately grabbing the 35's and did 15 alternating curls perfect slow form, dropped them 30's for 8, dropped to 25's for 8, dropped to 20's for 8. stopped took a breath for 5 sec, grabbed the 20's again and did about 10. Arms wanted to fall off!!! felt wonderful! whole thing from the 70's on down took about 90 seconds... NO rest but the 5 seconds at the end
    HS Preacher curls
    5 sets varying weight
    Hercules Curls
    4 sets
    SuperSet
    seated cable curls with elbows on knees curling to forehead and 1 arm cable curls
    3 sets no rest

a lot of volume here with some new stuff thrown in. The arms are still jacked 2 hours later!!! I love our sport!!!
    Will have a final review for the Titanium next week. So far I really love this stuff!!!
    Working on living
  35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

seated cable curls with elbows on knees curling to forehead
    Ooooh, I like this idea!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

yeah it really hit the head of the bicep in a great way. No cheating possible on that either. Just pure curl.
    Working on living
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Might have to try those bad boys out today. Got arms today and mine suck lol.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Might have to try those bad boys out today. Got arms today and mine suck lol.
    This whole time I thought your avi was a shot of you BBQing or something, like you were in the middle of spritzing on some seasoning. I just realized you're at a gun range. That or sound muffling ear muffs are in where you're from.
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

This whole time I thought your avi was a shot of you BBQing or something, like you were in the middle of spritzing on some seasoning. I just realized you're at a gun range. That or sound muffling ear muffs are in where you're from.
    Damn I know Im from Georgia and like country music but how redneck do u think I am Having my avi be a pic of me BBQing would be pretty damn redneck if u ask me although going shooting kinda fits the redneck thing too. Oh ya and Im going shooting again next week
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.

Nice lift major!! I'm going to be trying the volume thing myself soon enough, I'm excited!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Kitchen sink approach (no ph)
    By djremix in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  4. Everything but the kitchen sink log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Supplement Logs