Army Guy "Kleens" out the cabinets with LG, AI, PES, USP, and the kitchen sink! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 14

Army Guy "Kleens" out the cabinets with LG, AI, PES, USP, and the kitchen sink!

Page 14 of 22 First ... 9121314151619 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ex-tightend83 View Post
    Just be careful. There's a fine line between committed and crazy. Just trying to make sure you don't re-injure yourself and set yourself back. That would suck.
    Yah, were always walking that fine line...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

Just be careful. There's a fine line between committed and crazy. Just trying to make sure you don't re-injure yourself and set yourself back. That would suck.
    Oh AG is undoubtably crazy regardless. Hope the knee heals quickly and fully!
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

lol thanks guys, and I think one has to be a bit on the insane side in order to do what we do. It seems perfectly normal to us, but the rest of the world looks at the pain we put our bodies through and calls us nuts!!!
    however these are the same schmucks who want a miracle pill or a miracle vibrating dumbbell to save them from the fat lazy turds that they are...
    Working on living
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Props to you Major!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    lol thanks guys, and I think one has to be a bit on the insane side in order to do what we do. It seems perfectly normal to us, but the rest of the world looks at the pain we put our bodies through and calls us nuts!!!
    however these are the same schmucks who want a miracle pill or a miracle vibrating dumbbell to save them from the fat lazy turds that they are...
    Lol

But so very true
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.

Actually, I think I saw a vibrating dumbbell on one of those late-night infomercials the other night...lol.
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wont even comment on what i think those vibrating dumbells workouts look like...but i bet im not the only one who thought that.

Hey a little insanity is a necessity if one wants to makes something of themselves. I think we all can relate to being the crazy guy out of the group(unless you have the good fortune of running with a pack of fellow nuts). Its just understood....we are crazy and its ok they love us anyway.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

HI-OOOOH!!!!!

ah-cha-cha
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    HI-OOOOH!!!!!

ah-cha-cha
    Dynamic Inertia, huh?

Sounds like a fancy term for........

THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

lol you guys are killing me!!! Love the pic and vids!!!

quick update. Hit the gym this morning and was going to do back and biceps, but did back and legs in stead. The biceps were a bit fatigued from the back workout and I want maximum push when I hit them as they are by far my worst upper body muscle group
    Back
    6 sets of 10-15 reps pull downs both wide and narrow grip
    stayed around 200lbs
    5 sets one arm rows
    pyramid from 1 plate per side up to 5 per side. got 15 reps on all but the last set with the 5 plates
    decided to try DL with the knee. Only did 135 for obvious reasons. I want to form to be absolutely perfect on these. only did 2 sets. Form was shaky on the 1st few reps set one and the last few set 2 with the knee adjusting to the weight again. The bending of the knee was what kept the form a bit shaky. There was a bit of pain, but it was rehab pain not "what the hell are you doing?" pain, so that was good
    Legs
    single leg extensions
    only did 37lbs here for obvious reasons. Nice and slow fighting through the pain, but the good pain not the bad
    4 sets
    leg press
    up to 100lbs for 4 sets. Knee felt good on these
    calf raises
    4 sets
    abs
    bike for 15 minutes and the pressure on the knee was good. The knee felt good upon leaving, no pain at all just a little soreness. Nice and slow, but pretty happy with the first time on legs since getting cut open!
    Working on living
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was trying to explain the love of pain to some co-workers yesterday, the best I could come up with is that I can feel the difference between good pain and injury and I like the good pain... I crave it... relish it ... make it last.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Actually, I think I saw a vibrating dumbbell on one of those late-night infomercials the other night...lol.
    Maybe it was the industrial size regular vibrator... you know.. for the big ladies...
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Nice to see the leg holding up mate, respect

Great job
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Are you using knee wraps AG?
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Maybe it was the industrial size regular vibrator... you know.. for the big ladies...
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Good one, DW!!!
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

lol you guys are killing me!!! Love the pic and vids!!!

quick update. Hit the gym this morning and was going to do back and biceps, but did back and legs in stead. The biceps were a bit fatigued from the back workout and I want maximum push when I hit them as they are by far my worst upper body muscle group
    Back
    6 sets of 10-15 reps pull downs both wide and narrow grip
    stayed around 200lbs
    5 sets one arm rows
    pyramid from 1 plate per side up to 5 per side. got 15 reps on all but the last set with the 5 plates
    decided to try DL with the knee. Only did 135 for obvious reasons. I want to form to be absolutely perfect on these. only did 2 sets. Form was shaky on the 1st few reps set one and the last few set 2 with the knee adjusting to the weight again. The bending of the knee was what kept the form a bit shaky. There was a bit of pain, but it was rehab pain not "what the hell are you doing?" pain, so that was good
    Legs
    single leg extensions
    only did 37lbs here for obvious reasons. Nice and slow fighting through the pain, but the good pain not the bad
    4 sets
    leg press
    calf raises
    4 sets
    abs
    bike for 15 minutes and the pressure on the knee was good. The knee felt good upon leaving, no pain at all just a little soreness. Nice and slow, but pretty happy with the first time on legs since getting cut open!
    Proud of you Major, it must have taken a lot of restraint not to push it. Well done on the rest of the workout, you are seriously a beast on some of your exercises!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

I was trying to explain the love of pain to some co-workers yesterday, the best I could come up with is that I can feel the difference between good pain and injury and I like the good pain... I crave it... relish it ... make it last.
    yeah I am not that successful explaining this either... uggghhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Nice to see the leg holding up mate, respect

Great job
    thanks my friend!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Are you using knee wraps AG?
    I have some kind of ninja knee wrap thing from my last surgery that I use. It is uncomfortable, but holds things together for the time being
    Working on living
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

lol yah and I was thinking the extra large vibrator and the big lady is a good way to describe our obsession with pain... They both hurt but it feels good... a rather unpleasant metaphor imagery wise but it drives home the point...
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.

lol yah and I was thinking the extra large vibrator and the big lady is a good way to describe our obsession with pain... They both hurt but it feels good... a rather unpleasant metaphor imagery wise but it drives home the point...
    Give me the big girl but you can DEFINITELY keep the vibrator. Pass-a-dena!!!
    -My Best Friend
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Anything "ninja" is always pre-approved.

However, I would suggest INZER triple strapped knee wraps. If the ninja wrap no longer suffices.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I am thinking about purchasing knee wraps myself but I read somewhere that just like belts, you do not want your body to get used to support. As long as you do the exercise properly then you will be fine. It this true?
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.

Feel you on the knee thing AG, I am going cautiously on my own until I can put some more money in my HSA to pay for meniscus surgery
    NEW LG LOG CHECK IT OUT
    if only bc Big Ron is in my avatar
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170780-lets-try-again.html
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by oafinest View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing knee wraps myself but I read somewhere that just like belts, you do not want your body to get used to support. As long as you do the exercise properly then you will be fine. It this true?
    Depends how heavy you go. Your knees hardly ever perform "bad form" on a squat or dead lift. It's a hinge joint, it only moves in two directions during a squat or dead lift. The only joints that suffers from bad form are the shoulder and wrist joints and that's because they're multi-directional. Elbows, knees, only move in one or two directions (elbows can't hyper-extend, so they technically only move in one direction, flexion). Joint issues arrive from cumulative stress and your personal genetics will determine whether you get them or not. However, lifting heavy and straining those joints over time will more then likely move you into the "will have" margin.

Also, Knee Wraps are nothing like Belts in principle. Belts may caused diminished natural core strength, core strength is a muscle issue. Knee wraps don't cause a diminish of anything (except for injuries) because you don't have knee bone muscles. You're protecting a hinge with a knee wrap. With a belt, your protecting your spine, but in the process, the belt effects how your abs and spinal erector muscles co-contract (aka your core).

How you know whether someone's advice is good or not, isn't about what they tell you what you should and shouldn't do, it's if they can reasonably explain why you should or shouldn't do it. Otherwise, its more like a myth then sound advice.

The only type of tissues around a knee joint, are cartilage, ligaments and tendons and they don't contract, they just hold things together, therefore, you're not taking anything away with a wrap. With a belt, the pressure causes a false contraction, so the core doesn't necessarily have to contract as hard to create stability and that is the theory as to why belts diminish natural core strength, over time.

and knowing is half the battle.

NSCA - CSCS
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.

Depends how heavy you go. Your knees hardly ever perform "bad form" on a squat or dead lift. It's a hinge joint, it only moves in two directions during a squat or dead lift. The only joints that suffers from bad form are the shoulder and wrist joints and that's because they're multi-directional. Elbows, knees, only move in one or two directions (elbows can't hyper-extend, so they technically only move in one direction, flexion). Joint issues arrive from cumulative stress and your personal genetics will determine whether you get them or not. However, lifting heavy and straining those joints over time will more then likely move you into the "will have" margin.

Also, Knee Wraps are nothing like Belts in principle. Belts may caused diminished natural core strength, core strength is a muscle issue. Knee wraps don't cause a diminish of anything (except for injuries) because you don't have knee bone muscles. You're protecting a hinge with a knee wrap. With a belt, your protecting your spine, but in the process, the belt effects how your abs and spinal erector muscles co-contract (aka your core).

How you know whether someone's advice is good or not, isn't about what they tell you what you should and shouldn't do, it's if they can reasonably explain why you should or shouldn't do it. Otherwise, its more like a myth then sound advice.

-My Best Friend
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

That all makes me sound smart for not wearing a belt except for maxing but dumb for never using knee wraps lol.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

The only type of tissues around a knee joint, are cartilage, ligaments and tendons and they don't contract, they just hold things together, therefore, you're not taking anything away with a wrap. With a belt, the pressure causes a false contraction, so the core doesn't necessarily have to contract as hard to create stability and that is the theory as to why belts diminish natural core strength, over time.

Excellent post man

Eat clean, piss dirty
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

This is what sets you apart from everyone else AG. You're determined to show that leg who's boss. Deadlifts ~2 weeks after surgery? Madness!?! SPARTA!!!!!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Legs
    single leg extensions
    4 sets
    leg press
    I've been meaning to ask you if you were doing uni-lateral exercises for the good leg.
    Some heavy single-legged leg presses are spectacular. Even if you're not injured. It's a good way to mix up things up.
    But this way you can keep your good leg's strength up to maximum levels while re-habbing the repaired knee. Go heavy with the good leg and light with the bad one until it catches up.

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

Totally agree with TG!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

If you lose core strength by using a belt, I have the solution ... wheel of death... it's that simple.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

I actually use my belt quite often as i find it helps keep my stomach tight and it helps prevent the dreaded "COLEMAN ABS" when your stomach is pushing hard to stay tight. But that's just my opinion...So it really doesn't mean much when there's no science behind it.
  32. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    I actually use my belt quite often as i find it helps keep my stomach tight and it helps prevent the dreaded "COLEMAN ABS" when your stomach is pushing hard to stay tight. But that's just my opinion...So it really doesn't mean much when there's no science behind it.
    Coleman abs are from HGH use
  33. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    I've been meaning to ask you if you were doing uni-lateral exercises for the good leg.
    Some heavy single-legged leg presses are spectacular. Even if you're not injured. It's a good way to mix up things up.
    But this way you can keep your good leg's strength up to maximum levels while re-habbing the repaired knee. Go heavy with the good leg and light with the bad one until it catches up.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Yah that's what I was thinking...
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Yah that's what I was thinking...
    I thought he swallowed a sea turtle whole....

WHITE WHALE!
  36. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

arrrr matey
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

His abs were fairly messed up even before he hit the sauce though. I think it may correlate to all that pressure on the stomach wall during heavy lifts. But like i said before, that's just my own opinion.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is both, the belly out/belly full training of powerlifting trains them out to make a thicker tree trunk if you will, to support the weight as opposed to doing them with a body building intention and forcing yourself to keep your core cinched in. However growth hormone and oversized internal organs are the cause of most professionals bloating. When you train your abs out the distend when you train them in the girdle stays tighter keeping them in closer to your spine.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

...Belly Full?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

I like what Melvin Anthony had to say about the protuding stomachs on some pros. He said his waist is still so small (28 inches) because he does what women do. And that is intentionally sucking in his gut all day long. It keeps the abs tight and flexed. You can't just let you gut hang out and unflexed. It will droop and sag. LOL
    I truly believe this practice helps.

But the GH is what is doing the turtle shell stomachs on these guys. It doesn't just make your muscles grow, but your internal organs as well as MrKleen alluded to. .
    I'm not sure this is a healthy thing either.

I intend to never use GH myself. Just the Test.

Test Is Best!!!!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Kitchen sink approach (no ph)
    By djremix in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  4. Everything but the kitchen sink log