Spiderduncan's trial of FREE TEST (sponsored)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for Rosie, Sean and Applied Nutriceuticals for allowing me to give FREE TEST a trial run. I will do my best to provide quantitative feedback regarding improvements in strength and weight gain (body fat/lean body mass etc.). Qualitatively speaking I will comment about the effects of FREE TEST using the review format listed below.

Gender - Male
Age - 34 years
Height - 5'10"
Weight - 192lbs

Training:
Presently I am using Big Beyond Belief (BBB). I began the 6 day per week ramp, but began to overtrain, so I am cutting back to an abreviated 3 day per week routine. If you are new to Big Beyond Belief, the program is all about adaption. One balances 3 weeks cycles of purposefully increasing torture to back off for 3-4 weeks and allow the body to super-compensate. For more information check out Appnut's new spokesman, Ben Booker, who is a BBB guru.

Macronutrients:
While I do not count calories every day, I do have a good idea of my macronutrient ratios and total calories. Over time I began to use "protein shakes" and "green shakes" to satisfy my nutritional needs (ease of use and economic compared to whole food).

Protein Shake Macronutrient breakdown: (skim milk, steel cut oats, almonds and whey protein isolate - vitamix style)
Calories = 2042 (split into 4 shakes)
Protein = 198 grams
Carbs = 218 grams
Fat = 44 grams
Fiber = 23 grams

Green Shake Macronutrient breakdown: (celery, spinach, broccoli and blue berries)
Calories = 183 (split into 4 shakes)
Protein = 11.25 grams
Carbs = 35.75 grams
Fat = 0 grams
Fiber = 14 grams

I eat supper with my family and typically eat what my wife puts before me. At times I supplement with some Whey Protein Isolate. Then before bed, I typically consume whey with greens or greens and cottage cheese. As you can tell, this is where my nutrition becomes a bit obscure.

Supplements:
(deep breath) Vitamin-C, Multi-vitamin, Joint Health formula (Glucosamine, Chondrotin and MSM), Fish Oil, Whey Protein Isolate, Maximize V2, BCAA, Leucine, Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate and some black and green metallic pills from a bottle entitled FREE TEST.

DAY 1 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - Too soon to comment.

STRENGTH GAIN (NA) - At the moment I have the luxury of lower reps (5-12) and more rest. The last 3 weeks have seen a steady increase in volume while rest between sets has been cut. This is the first week that I have not dropped weight from set to set (staying within given repetition range). I am looking forward to what FREE TEST will add over the next 4 weeks.

BODY COMPOSITION (NA) - I am trying to connect with the trainer that test by body fat. 3 weeks ago, I was measured at 8.7%.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (NA) - My diet is 95% clean (whole unprocessed foods). Starting today I will be bumping calories each week in order to see movement on the scale.

LIBIDO (10) - Coincidence or not, tonight was a special night. :) It appears that FREE TEST may be exerting some of its intended effects. Most likely it is too soon to tell.

MOOD (NA) - Honestly...to soon to tell. I was taking Mitrotropin for the last 3 weeks, so I am in a bit of stimulant withdrawal.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

DAY 25 Review:

All good things must come to an end. This will be my last post regarding Free Test by Applied Nutriceuticals. Furthermore, this will be a cumulative review of the last 25 days.

Thank you to Rosie and Sean at Applied Nutriceuticals for allowing my to give Free Test and trial run.

MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (8) On the whole, I experienced great pumps in the gym. While this may be temporary, it is motivating in itself and has a positive effect on motivation for training.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - The increases in strength were phenomenal. Each workout surpassed the prior workout by either reps or weight (usually in that order). During my 4th week, I did experience the cumulative effect of constantly pushing as I experience a bit of CNS fatigue.

BODY COMPOSITION (6) - I was unable to connect with the trainer at my gym during the first 1.5 weeks during this log. Therefore I cannot objectively state how my body composition was altered. Subjectively speaking, the definition in my abs (when flexed) has been unchanged.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - This is another highlight of the product. After the first week I was able to consistently weight in a pound or so heavier each week. After 25 days, I am sitting 2.4 heavier than when I began the log. That is a solid increase in weight. Any more than that and I might have added more bodyfat than I am willing to accept for a lean bulk.

LIBIDO (7) - My libido rose during weeks 2 and 3, but plateaued during week 4. Overall, it produced a positive effect.

MOOD (9) - I will admit that I am a bit "short fused", however this supplement seemed to antagonize situations more than desired. This is great for training aggression in the gym. A more critical view might state that additional aggression lead to impatience and irritability.

In short, I train my whole body each time I workout. I would train 3 days out of six (one day one, followed by a day off). The reps would slowly drop as the week progressed (10-12, 8-10 and then 5-7). What follows are the numbers from one week followed by week 4.

First Week Numbers >>>>>>>>Final Week Numbers
Lat Flexor (2) 210x10,x10 >>>>>>>>>225x12,x12
Flat DB Bench (2) 70x10,x10 >>>>>>>75x12,x12
Seated DB Press (2) 60x10,x10 >>>>>65x12,x12
Cable High Pull (2) 120x10,x10 >>>>>145x12,x12
Hammer Cable Curl (2) 100x10,x10 >>>110x12,x12
Cable Rope Pressdown (2) 100x10,x10 >110x12,x12
Hack Squat (2) 180x10,x10 >>>>>>>>230x10,x10
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 180x10,x10 >>>>195x12,x12

Incline DB Press (2) 70x11,x8>>>>>>>80x10,x10
Neutral Grip Cable Row (2) 170x8,x8>>> 180x10,x10
Cable Upright Row (2) 150x8,x8 >>>>> 170x10,x10
Cable High Pull (2) 140x8,x8 >>>>>>> 160x10,x10
EZ Grip Cable Curl (2) 90x8,x8 >>>>>> 100x10,x10
Pressdown (2) 110x8,x8 >>>>>>>>>> 120x10,x10
Power Squat (2) 140x8,x8 >>>>>>>>> 200x8,x8
Seated Calf Raise (2) 135x8,x8 >>>>145x10,x10

Barbell Bench Press (2) 205x6,x6 >>>>>>>>>240x7,x7
Shoulder Width Pullup (2) bodyweightx6,x6 >>>bodyweight+10lbsx7,x7
Dip (2) bodyweight+10lbsx7,x8 >>>>>>>>>>bodyweight+40x7,x7
Barbell Curl (2) 80x7,x7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>90x5,x5
Barbell Standing Press (2) 135x6,x6 >>>>>>> 145x5,x5
Dorsi Row (2) 270x6,x6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 300x5,x5
Deadlift (2) 225x5,245x5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 295x5,x5
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 240x7,x7 >>>>>>>>>> 270x5,x5

In summary, I would give Free Test by Applied Nutriceuticals a positive review. Diet, training and rest must be dialed in however for your to see the benefit. This is not a magical cure-all that promises unrealistic gains. However, it is a solid supplement based upon science that will produce results for those that are dedicated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely watching, Keith :)

~Team APPNUT

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
very detailed log-nice job so far!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

A Brief History of Big Beyond Belief-

To serve as a bit of background I have been following Big Beyond Belief (BBB) for the past 3 weeks. In college, this program provided excellent recomposition effects. Basically, one works the entire body over 2 days, which is repeated 3 times in 7 days. Therefore, one trains 6 days per week. The workouts are brief (<45 minutes) but intense (near or at concentric failure) with repetition brackets of 13-15, 10-12 and 8-10. For three consecutive weeks more volume is added and rest is subtracted (Ramps). Weeks 4-6+ (Supergrowth) follow a decrease in volume and an increase in rest between sets coupled with lower repetition brackets.

Last week however, I began to show signs of overtraining. I pushed through the remaining workouts but developed a slight chest congestion. At this point common sense prevailed and I eased in weeks 4-6+. The 4 day routine in BBB was modified to 3 days with slight adaptions in training volume. I am recovering from the chest congestion as mucus is disappearing. My motivation is high and I am ready to eat to support hypertrophy gains.

Week 1 - Supergrowth Workout 3
Barbell Bench Press (2) 205x6,x6
Shoulder Width Pullup (2) bodyweightx6,x6
Dip (2) bodyweight+10lbsx7,x8
Barbell Curl (2) 80x7,x7
Barbell Standing Press (2) 135x6,x6
Dorsi Row (2) 270x6,x6
Deadlift (2) 225x5,245x5
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 240x7,x7

49 minutes in length. I just started chins and free weight dips, therefore I was playing around with a harness device (add weight). Otherwise the workout would have been less than 45 minutes.

DAY 3 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - Too soon to comment.

STRENGTH GAIN (NA) - I now have baseline numbers and look to improve by reps and/or weight each workout.

BODY COMPOSITION (NA) - Still trying to hook up with the trainer that measures my body fat. I am waiting patiently. 3 weeks ago, I was measured at 8.7%.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (NA) - Too soon to tell.

LIBIDO (10) - I have noted an increase in dreams, thoughts and desire. Maybe FREE TEST, maybe an increase in rest and calories or a combination thereof.

MOOD (10) - I was aggressive in the gym, but I love lower reps. As stated under LIBIDO, there are too many factors to single out one stimulus.

Lastly, I updated my weight from 190.8 to 192 lbs. Since dropping Mitrotropin 3 days ago, my morning bodyweight has slowly risen.

Stay tuned...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
around day 7 is where i bet you can look for good things from free test, at least that is where i usually can tell if a product is going to shine.

your workout and diet looked dialed in.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Week 2 - Supergrowth Workout 4
Lat Flexor (2) 210x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)
Flat DB Bench (2) 70x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)
Seated DB Press (2) 60x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets) ***
Cable High Pull (2) 120x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)
Hammer Cable Curl (2) 100x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)
Cable Rope Pressdown (2) 100x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)
Hack Squat (2) 200x10,x10 (+20 lbs)
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 180x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)

***I was so stoked with the repetition increases from last workout that I pushed hard to keep the same increase across the Seated DB Press.

37 minutes in length.

DAY 3 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (NA) Too soon to comment.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - As stated above I increased work sets by two reps. Hack Squats increased by 20 lbs. Keep in mind that I am slowly adding calories, therefore strength should increase, but I am excited at these numbers compared to last week.

BODY COMPOSITION (NA) - I saw the trainer in question as he headed out the door. Tomorrow I will return and get my BF measured.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (5) - My weight has increase 1-2 lbs, but my body is stabilizing after my brief cut.

LIBIDO (5) - Normal. Cognitively speaking, this is one of the easiest transitions from away from stimulants.

MOOD (10) - I will say that I feel good. My shirts appear to fit a bit tighter, but I believe most of these feelings are due to a shift in mindset (from cutting to lean bulking).

Again, my goal is to update my log with PRE BF measurements and lean body mass. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for viewing!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BigT

around day 7 is where i bet you can look for good things from free test, at least that is where i usually can tell if a product is going to shine.

your workout and diet looked dialed in.
Thanks for the insight. Time will tell.

I appreciate the encouragement. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the insight. Time will tell.

I appreciate the encouragement. :)
no problem-you are giving a very honest assessment of this product, keep it up.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Week 2 - Supergrowth Workout 5
Incline DB Press (2) 75x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
Neutral Grip Cable Row (2) 170x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
Cable Upright Row (2) 150x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
Cable High Pull (2) 140x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
EZ Grip Cable Curl (2) 90x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
Pressdown (2) 110x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)
Power Squat (2) 160x8,x8 (+20 lbs)
Seated Calf Raise (2) 135x10,x10 (+2 reps on both sets)

33 minutes in length.

DAY 7 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (NA) Too soon to comment.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Similar to workout number 5, I was able to increase the repetition on all work sets by 2 reps. For most sets, this was a comfortable increase.

BODY COMPOSITION (NA) - Trainer not a gym. Two more tries and then I will have my wife take old.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - I am now up 3-4 pounds since last Wednesday. While this is not entirely the result of FREE TEST the increase in weight is especially motivating.

LIBIDO (5) - Status quo, but life has been hectic.

MOOD (8) - Positive and optimistic overall. Slightly above average.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Week 2 - Supergrowth Workout 6
Barbell Bench Press (2) 210x7,x7 (+5lbs, +1 rep)
Shoulder Width Pullup (2) 10x5,x5 (+10lbs)
Dip (2) bodyweight+30lbsx5,x5 (+30lbs)
Barbell Curl (2) 85x5,x5 (+5 lbs)
Barbell Standing Press (2) 140x5,x5 (+5lbs)
Dorsi Row (2) 285x5,x5 (+15lbs)
Deadlift (2) 255x5,x5 (10lbs)
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 255x5,x5 (+15lbs)

39 minutes in length.

I add when when I am able to complete two sets of 7 reps. So far, the increase in strength has been steady. My goal for next week is bump calories and sleep a bit more. This week has been hectic.

DAY 9 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (5) Average, not bad, but not great either. More time...

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - I have seen consistent improvements in strength this week.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - While I have yet to get pinched, my composition remains the same or has slightly improved.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Body weight has increased 1-2 lbs. I am excited to see how an increase in calories affects the scale.

LIBIDO (5) - Sadly enough, this week has been especially hectic. Stress does affect the libido.

MOOD (8) - This has been one of the easiest transitions away from stimulants (thermogenics/fat burners) that I have EVER experienced.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Week 3 - Supergrowth Workout 7
Lat Flexor (2) 225x10,x10 (+15lbs)
Flat DB Bench (2) 75x10,x10 (+5lbs)
Seated DB Press (2) 65x10,x10 (+5lbs)
Cable High Pull (2) 145x10,x10 (+25lbs)
Hammer Cable Curl (2) 110x10,x10 (+10lbs)
Cable Rope Pressdown (2) 110x10,x10 (+5lbs)
Hack Squat (2) 220x10,x10 (+20 lbs) ***
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 195x12,x12 (+2 reps on both sets)

***Slight discomfort in right knee, which is probably the result of insufficient warm-up. I must admit that it is especially hard to listen to common sense at times.

41 minutes in length.

MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (5) Average.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Thus far, my progressions are great. This is the pattern, use target weight to reach the top of the repetition range and then increase load and then repeat.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - No caliper measurements, but obliques appear to be more defined. I carry the majority of my fat mass around my midsection.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (8) - Weight has increased 1-2lbs since my log began. This week I am focusing on bumping calories to promote hypertrophy.

LIBIDO (10) - Last night and especially this morning my libido has been heightened.

MOOD (10) - READ CAREFULLY. I have been especially irritable and impatient around the house, despite a huge decrease in stress (a decrease in stress should be calming). The rating of 10 is my opinion (and that of my beautiful wife) that Free Test is promoting an increase in testosterone.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Week 3 - Supergrowth Workout 8
Incline DB Press (2) 80x8,x8 (+5lbs)
Neutral Grip Cable Row (2) 180x8,x8 (+10lbs)
Cable Upright Row (2) 170x8,x8 (+20lbs)
Cable High Pull (2) 160x8,x8 (20lbs)
EZ Grip Cable Curl (2) 100x8,x8 (+10lbs)
Pressdown (2) 120x8,x8 (+10lbs)
Power Squat (2) 180x8,x8 (+20lbs)
Seated Calf Raise (2) 145x8,x8 (+10lbs)

39 minutes in length.

DAY 13 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (7) Beginning in the morning, my pecs, shoulders and lats had a sense of fullness. Almost as if I could feel them growing. Weird...I know!!!

On a side note, I have begun to a few small pimples on the front of my deltoids.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - As indicated above I increase the load on all working sets. So far, there are no warning signs of stagnation. I am excited to see how long I can continue such solid/consistent progressions.

BODY COMPOSITION (5) - I am not the best judge of body recomposition, but I would say that definition has slightly improved.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Presently, I am hold steady at 1-2lbs. I rushed off to the gym this morning before weighing in (after visiting the restroom and without clothes).

LIBIDO (8) - Slow but steady increase. At this point I have had some overwhelming urges.

MOOD (8) - Irritation seems to set in a lot faster than normal. I find myself having to coach myself mentally when frustration sets in. The aggression in the gym is great, but I am a bit short tempered as it is, so increase is less than desirable.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Week 3 - Supergrowth Workout 9
Barbell Bench Press (2) 225x7,x7 (+15lbs)***
Shoulder Width Pullup (2) 10x6,x6 (+1 rep) :( (I expected more.)
Dip (2) bodyweight+30lbsx7,x7 (+2 reps)
Barbell Curl (2) 85x7,x7 (+2 reps)
Barbell Standing Press (2) 140x7,x7 (+2 reps)
Dorsi Row (2) 285x7,x7 (+2 reps)
Deadlift (2) 275x5,x5 (+20lbs)
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 255x7,x7 (+2 reps)

45 minutes in length.

***I was sent to add 10lbs (+-5%) but added two plates aside for kicks and giggles (something about two plates...). Anyways, I prepared myself for 4-5 reps, but when I go to rep 5 I was strong and went for 7. In short, I am entirely surprised as this progression. My only fear is that I may have limited long terms progression by pushing too hard. Time will tell...

DAY 15 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (7) Muscle are feeling full/pumped after today's workout. This is great considering: 1) low reps (5-7) and 2) long rest between sets. Secondly, the T-shirt that I put on yesterday was a bit tighter in the shoulders/traps region. :)

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Especially consistent gains in reps and weight. No signs of CNS fatigue yet, but time will tell as I feel more fatigued after today's workout.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - Static or slightly improved. Entirely as an aside, I have noticed an increase in small pimples on delts and quads (atypical).

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Body weight is holding solid at +2lbs. This week I am meeting my goal of adding extra calories. Lets see what is going to happen!

LIBIDO (8) - This fluctuates from day to do, but overall I would say that it has increased.

MOOD (10) - Top score for producing aggressive tendencies. I find my self irritated with people who cut into my workout, don't put their weights away and deem the gym a place to socialize. Yes...I am the guy in your gym that sticks to himself, head bangs prior to most sets and wears his hat low to avoid eye contact with chatters. :head:

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Week 4 - Supergrowth Workout 10

I would like to point out that I began this log with 3 workouts per week, but switched to 3.5 workouts per week. In short, I am working out every other day. Therefore traditional weeks are condensed to 6 days.

Lat Flexor (2) 225x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Flat DB Bench (2) 75x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Seated DB Press (2) 65x12,x12 (+2 reps) FAILURE on 2nd set :(
Cable High Pull (2) 145x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Hammer Cable Curl (2) 110x12,x12 (+2 reps) FAILURE on 2nd set :(
Cable Rope Pressdown (2) 110x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Hack Squat (2) 220x10,x10 (+10 lbs) ***
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 195x12,x12 (+2 reps)

***The discomfort that I experienced last week has entirely disappeared. Of course, I was more thorough with today's warm-up.

Day 17 Review:
As the weights progress I am taking more rest between sets to ensure that I hit my progressions. It appears that I MAY be burning out my CNS. I may cut back my volume to accommodate further progressions in load (will evaluate mood/recovery Monday morning).

45 minutes in length.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Despite the redundancy, strength increases continue each and every workout. First reps progress, then load.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - BF appears slightly improved. +- a pound of fat or so (guessing?).

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Weight is holding steady at +2-3 lbs.

LIBIDO (10) - Fluctuating from day-to-day, but elevated overall.

MOOD (10) - The aggression/irritation is troublesome at times. More often I find myself say, "Lord God, please provide self control." (serious)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 - Supergrowth Workout 10

I would like to point out that I began this log with 3 workouts per week, but switched to 3.5 workouts per week. In short, I am working out every other day. Therefore traditional weeks are condensed to 6 days.

Lat Flexor (2) 225x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Flat DB Bench (2) 75x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Seated DB Press (2) 65x12,x12 (+2 reps) FAILURE on 2nd set :(
Cable High Pull (2) 145x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Hammer Cable Curl (2) 110x12,x12 (+2 reps) FAILURE on 2nd set :(
Cable Rope Pressdown (2) 110x12,x12 (+2 reps)
Hack Squat (2) 220x10,x10 (+10 lbs) ***
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 195x12,x12 (+2 reps)

***The discomfort that I experienced last week has entirely disappeared. Of course, I was more thorough with today's warm-up.

Day 17 Review:
As the weights progress I am taking more rest between sets to ensure that I hit my progressions. It appears that I MAY be burning out my CNS. I may cut back my volume to accommodate further progressions in load (will evaluate mood/recovery Monday morning).

45 minutes in length.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Despite the redundancy, strength increases continue each and every workout. First reps progress, then load.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - BF appears slightly improved. +- a pound of fat or so (guessing?).

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Weight is holding steady at +2-3 lbs.

LIBIDO (10) - Fluctuating from day-to-day, but elevated overall.

MOOD (10) - The aggression/irritation is troublesome at times. More often I find myself say, "Lord God, please provide self control." (serious)
I understand how hard it can be to handle aggression/irritation, but really the best way to deal with it...go nuts doing your training session and literally kick your own ass...the idea is to release all the negativity inside so then when your done you feel uplifted and feel calm. However, to each their own though. :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I understand how hard it can be to handle aggression/irritation, but really the best way to deal with it...go nuts doing your training session and literally kick your own ass...the idea is to release all the negativity inside so then when your done you feel uplifted and feel calm. However, to each their own though. :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
Sean,

Thanks for stopping by and giving your input. :)

It is not negativity per se, more of shift toward irritability.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

Week 4 - Supergrowth Workout 11
Incline DB Press (2) 80x10,x10 (+2 reps)
Neutral Grip Cable Row (2) 180x10,x10 (+2 reps)
Cable Upright Row (2) 170x10,x10 (+2 reps)
Cable High Pull (2) 160x10,x10 (+2 reps)
EZ Grip Cable Curl (2) 100x10,x10 (+2 reps)
Pressdown (2) 120x10,x10 (+2 reps)
Power Squat (2) 180x8,x8 (+20lbs)
Seated Calf Raise (2) 145x10,x10 (+2 reps)

54 minutes in length. Here is a catch 22 scenario. I am especially motivated by the consistent improvements in strength (reps, then load). However, I am beginning to fatigue mentally, wanting the progressions to continue. Therefore I allowed more time between sets to allow for mental preparation.

Disce Pati!!!!! :head:

DAY 19 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (10) Muscularity/vascularity was pronounced during AM workout. Another gym goer said, "You are getting big!" Outside observations are THE BEST compliments.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Especially consistent. This is phenomenal! I can understand the progressions if I was using a slow progression model like HST or 5x5, but I have been work near/at failure for just over 3 weeks with an increase in reps/load each and every workout.

BODY COMPOSITION (5) - Static.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Weight is now +3-4 lbs. Again, morning weigh-in after bathroom (1 and 2, sorry) and without clothes.

LIBIDO (8) - Increases have plateaued. Overall, libido has been elevated.

MOOD (8) - Irritability/aggression remains intact. However, I believe I am coming to terms with this.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good so far man. Keep it up!!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Week 4 - Supergrowth Workout 12
Barbell Bench Press (2) 240x7,x7 (+15lbs)
Shoulder Width Pullup (2) 10x7,x7 (+1 rep) FINALLY reached goal!!!
Dip (2) bodyweight+40lbsx7,x7 (+10 lbs)
Barbell Curl (2) 90x5,x5 (+5lbs)
Barbell Standing Press (2) 145x5,x5 (+5lbs)
Dorsi Row (2) 300x5,x5 (+15lbs)
Deadlift (2) 295x5,x5 (+20lbs)
Donkey Calf Raise (2) 270x5,x5 (+15lbs)

55 minutes in length.

DAY 21 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (8) Despite longer rest periods and lower reps, I was able to get a good pump.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Progressions continue (reps, then weight). However, the end is in sight. I am considering deloading (65% or so) and starting again.

BODY COMPOSITION (7) - Static or slightly improved.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Morning bodyweight is holding steady at +3-4lbs.

LIBIDO (6) - At this point, I believe that libido/desire is returning to normal. Overwhelming urges have decreased slightly. However, the consistent strength increases may be taxing my CNS with relates to overall stress.

MOOD (8) - Aggression/irritation has decreased slightly. Again, this be attributed to overall stress (see notes for LIBIDO above).

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 23

My spine and right elbow have been showing some signs of overuse. Therefore I am bringing my BBB program to a close and will be transitioning to German Volume Training. I will be using the same primary lifts, with the exception of chins being substituted for pull-ups. To alleviate any overuse with my triceps, I will not be performing isolation movements. At the moment I have not decided the repetition goal, however I am leaning towards the lower reps, as I have not tried GVT with lower reps.

Here is what I am considering:
Day 1: Barbell Bench Press supersetted with High Pull (row/upright row)
Day 2: Dead Lift supersetted with Hack Squats
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Chin-Up supersetted with Dips
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Repeat

Lastly, I am contemplating the addition abdominal/calf work in an alternating fashion. Calf work day 1, abdominal work day 2, day 3 off, day 4 calf work, day 5 off, repeat with abdominal work.

Feel free to critique or comment.

DAY 23 Review:
MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (8) The pump I achieve during my workout is rewarding.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - Strength combined with weight gain have been consistent. However, my joints are starting to ache.

BODY COMPOSITION (6) - Status quo.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - Morning bodyweight is holding steady at +3lbs. For some reason, I morning was exactly +3? Not sure what happened here as calories are constant.

LIBIDO (6) - Unchanged from last update.

MOOD (6) - I would say that aggression has returned to baseline at this point.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My spine and right elbow have been showing some signs of overuse. Therefore I am bringing my BBB program to a close and will be transitioning to German Volume Training. I will be using the same primary lifts, with the exception of chins being substituted for pull-ups. To alleviate any overuse with my triceps, I will not be performing isolation movements. At the moment I have not decided the repetition goal, however I am leaning towards the lower reps, as I have not tried GVT with lower reps.

Here is what I am considering:
Day 1: Barbell Bench Press supersetted with High Pull (row/upright row)
Day 2: Dead Lift supersetted with Hack Squats
Day 4: Chin-Up supersetted with Dips
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Repeat

Lastly, I am contemplating the addition abdominal/calf work in an alternating fashion. Calf work day 1, abdominal work day 2, day 3 off, day 4 calf work, day 5 off, repeat with abdominal work.

Feel free to critique or comment.
So, nothing for shoulders (or are you using the Bench Press and Dips to indirectly cover it?) And that's a lot of Back work over everything else.

You could add in calves and abs at the end of Days 2 and 4 - neither needs much work, ~4-6 sets for calves and ~100 reps of abs, all with minimal recovery, is sufficient.

Or you could do:
Day 1: Dead Lift supersetted with Abs/Calves
Day 2: Barbell Bench Press supersetted with High Pull (row/upright row)
Day 4: Hack Squats supersetted with Abs/Calves
Day 5: Chin-Up supersetted with Dips
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

Lots of options...

~Team APPNUT

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
So, nothing for shoulders (or are you using the Bench Press and Dips to indirectly cover it?) And that's a lot of Back work over everything else.

You could add in calves and abs at the end of Days 2 and 4 - neither needs much work, ~4-6 sets for calves and ~100 reps of abs, all with minimal recovery, is sufficient.

Or you could do:
Day 1: Dead Lift supersetted with Abs/Calves
Day 2: Barbell Bench Press supersetted with High Pull (row/upright row)
Day 4: Hack Squats supersetted with Abs/Calves
Day 5: Chin-Up supersetted with Dips
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

Lots of options...

~Team APPNUT
I am actually leaning towards upright rows over higher pulls. Then I would have my shoulders entirely covered via dips, bench press and upright rows.

Yeah, I always seem to include more exercises for back due to the large and varied musculature.

Do you have any input regarding lower reps? I am contemplating using a 6-8 repetition scheme?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually leaning towards upright rows over higher pulls. Then I would have my shoulders entirely covered via dips, bench press and upright rows.

Yeah, I always seem to include more exercises for back due to the large and varied musculature.

Do you have any input regarding lower reps? I am contemplating using a 6-8 repetition scheme?
I would actually suggest doing an Inverse Row and vary grips.

Re reps, 6-8 is fine - this will keep your strength up, as well as with SOME muscle groups perhaps allow some lean gains to be made. However, for some exercises, you may want to add in some 8-12 rep days - still as heavy as you can lift for said reps - since higher reps at a heavy weight will work better re mass (i.e. calves, dips, etc.) , or maybe do a higher rep week and then a lower rep week, etc., to cover all your bases.

~Team APPNUT

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 Review - End of Trial

DAY 25 Review:

All good things must come to an end. This will be my last post regarding Free Test by Applied Nutriceuticals. Furthermore, this will be a cumulative review of the last 25 days.

Thank you to Rosie and Sean at Applied Nutriceuticals for allowing my to give Free Test and trial run.

MUSCLE HARDNESS/DENSITY - (8) On the whole, I experienced great pumps in the gym. While this may be temporary, it is motivating in itself and has a positive effect on motivation for training.

STRENGTH GAIN (10) - The increases in strength were phenomenal. Each workout surpassed the prior workout by either reps or weight (usually in that order). During my 4th week, I did experience the cumulative effect of constantly pushing as I experience a bit of CNS fatigue.

BODY COMPOSITION (6) - I was unable to connect with the trainer at my gym during the first 1.5 weeks during this log. Therefore I cannot objectively state how my body composition was altered. Subjectively speaking, the definition in my abs (when flexed) has been unchanged.

WEIGHT GAIN/FAT LOSS (10) - This is another highlight of the product. After the first week I was able to consistently weight in a pound or so heavier each week. After 25 days, I am sitting 2.4 heavier than when I began the log. That is a solid increase in weight. Any more than that and I might have added more bodyfat than I am willing to accept for a lean bulk.

LIBIDO (7) - My libido rose during weeks 2 and 3, but plateaued during week 4. Overall, it produced a positive effect.

MOOD (9) - I will admit that I am a bit "short fused", however this supplement seemed to antagonize situations more than desired. This is great for training aggression in the gym. A more critical view might state that additional aggression lead to impatience and irritability.

In short, I train my whole body each time I workout. I would train 3 days out of six (one day one, followed by a day off). The reps would slowly drop as the week progressed (10-12, 8-10 and then 5-7). What follows are the numbers from one week followed by week 4.

In summary, I would give Free Test by Applied Nutriceuticals a positive review. Diet, training and rest must be dialed in however for your to see the benefit. This is not a magical cure-all that promises unrealistic gains. However, it is a solid supplement based upon science that will produce results for those that are dedicated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 25 Review:

Outstanding log and review kept, Keith :) I'll have to concur with you re strength gains - my strength is increasing and I'm not even training for it! Your results are awesome. And yes, the more dialed in everything else is, the better the effects from FREE TEST.

~Team APPNUT

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Just read through the log, very detailed and solid feedback

thank you for running this

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Outstanding log and review kept, Keith :) I'll have to concur with you re strength gains - my strength is increasing and I'm not even training for it! Your results are awesome. And yes, the more dialed in everything else is, the better the effects from FREE TEST.

~Team APPNUT
Thanks Rosie!