My Amino Acid log

1. NOG
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

My Amino Acid log

Hey

I have just recently started experimenting with different Amino Acids. So far I have tried different combination and dosages. My weight have dropped a few pounds, the pump during training is very good, energy has increased and lastly a noticeable increase in vascularity (this is probably because of decrease in Body fat.

I use a Tanita BC-545 Body Composition Monitor in order to measure body composition and here's my data:
    weight: 171 pounds
    Body fat: 7,6 %
    body water: 67,7 %
    Visceral fat: 1 Pound
    muscle mass: 150 Pounds

I always pursue the same conditions before measuring body comp.. like immediate after I have woken, preferably after been to the toilet.

Here is how i stack the supplements

10 min before breakfast:
    BCAA 5 grams (g).
    Acetyl L Carnitine (ALCAR) 0,5 g.
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (Ala) 0,5 g.
    Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) 2 g.

40 min before exercise:
    Beta Alanine 5 g.
    AAKG 2 g.
    BCAA 5 g.
    Tri-Creatine Malate 5 g.

Immediately before exercise:
    Taurin 2 g.

Post workout:
    Carbs 50-70 g.
    Beta Alanine 5 g.
    Tri-Creatine Malate 5 g.
    Taurin 2 g.
    Glutamin 5 g.

20 min pwo:
    10 g. regular amino acid tabs.

Alpha Lipoic Acid (Ala) 0,5 g. together with a meal

Before bed:
    BCAA 5 g.
    Glutamin 5 g.

I have not tested my strength yet, but I easily accomplish 26 reps of pullups continuous without any cheating or kipping. My endurance capacity has also increased, where I the other day ran 1.86 miles (3km) on 10.00 min. My restitution has increased a lot: I have no problem training strength 6 times a week, endurance (running or marching with rucksack (40-60 pounds) ) 4-6 times a week.

In a week or so I will post any changes.

Also I you got any feedback or questions on the "stuff" above I am interested in hearing what you say.

2. Banned
    Answers

Taurine and Beta Alanine both use the same receptors, so taking them together (or close together) would have them competing for the same spots. For optimum uptake it's best to separate them by a greater margin of time.

Why Taurine immediately before exercise? Also, Beta Alanine post workout? Beta Alanine timing isn't really as important, as it increases muscle carnosine over time not instantly so long as you have the correct dosage daily.
  3. NOG
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Sluggy: Thanks a lot for your feedback I did not know that Taurine and Beta Alanine uses the same type of receptors. This I will fix.

The reason why I take taurine before exercise is because ive read that it will lead to a reduction of Nitric oxide, which consequently will lead to a better blood flow, resulting in better oxygen delivery.

In regards of Beta Alanine I just find it convenient:-) Also i have read that taking Beta-Alanine pre-workout and post-workout can increase uptake of Beta-Alanine into our muscles. I am a humble guy and must admit that I should have done a better source review when reading about Beta and taurine..
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Glad to help NOG.

You're doing very well, and I'm happy to see more people are doing their own research and making their own supplement regimes rather than just throwing money at companies for products which are often less effective.

You're looking to decease Nitric Oxide? I'm pretty sure that would lead to decreased blood flow, etc.

Other notes:

Consider R-LA (R-Lipoid Acid) instead of ALA, it seems to be the beneficial form.

R(+)-Lipoic acid is the natural form of this vital antioxidant. It is the sole form produced in the body for use in the mitochondria. Conventional "lipoic acid" or "alpha lipoic acid" supplements are only 50% R(+)-lipoic acid; the other half of such supplements is the artificial S(-)-enantiomer. Research demonstrates that R(+)-lipoic acid is more potent than the S(-)-form, and that in some cases the S(-)-form interferes with R(+)-lipoic acid's actions in the body.
    Your ALCAR dose is a bit low, consider dosages of at least 1g (up to 3g).

Try and find a BCAA with a 4:1:1 ratio (rather than the older 2:1:1), L-Leucine seems to be the anabolic trigger amino acid, and hence is more important to have larger quantities of.

Good luck!
  5. NOG
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy View Post
    Glad to help NOG.
    You're looking to decease Nitric Oxide? I'm pretty sure that would lead to decreased blood flow, etc.
    Your right, my brain probably farted when I wrote the last post.

This should be right: lowered levels of taurine leads to the reduction of Nitric oxide. NO plays an important role as it is a gas which is produced each time a muscle contracts and blood vessels dilates and will lead to a better blood flow.

The point is that higher levels taurine will raise NO levels, resulting in better oxygen and nutrient delivery.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Amino Acid Question...
    By shotdead42 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
  2. Amino Acid inquiry
    By ryane87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. Best Amino ACid?
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 10:37 AM
  4. Amino Acid supps. Necessary or not???
    By Jag in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 12:03 AM
  5. Amino Acid Power
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 04:36 PM