The Triumphant Return of Renegade-- with a massive Controlled Labs stack

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
(edit for graphics coming later)

Greetings AM...

First I wanted to thank the Controlled Labs team; Dracoy & Tank, for giving me a chance to log their amazing products.

Introduction
It's been about a year since I've done any serious lifting. Circumstances that were beyond my control have taken me out of the game. Worse still, my diet was very poor. I went from 170lbs of lean muscle to about 135lbs. We will put muscle memory to the test in this log. My dedication and time available for the gym has returned, and thanks to the great people @ Controlled Labs, they had my back and gave me this opportunity to return to the game the right way.​

The Stack of Victory

In the morning:
* Blue UP (2 caps)
* Blue GENE (half dose)
* Green BULGE (5 caps)
* Orange TRIad (half serving)

Preworkout:
* White FLOOD fruit punch (1 scoop)
* Blue GENE (half dose)

During Workout:
* Purple InTrain (2 scoops)

Postworkout:
* Golden GAINS (1 serving)
* Orange TRIad (half serving)

At night:

* Orange Oximega GREENS (1 scoop)

My stats & the workout plan
26 years old
135lbs / 5'8"

PUSH / PULL / LEGS

Monday
PULL - German Volume Training (GVT)
Tuesday
Gong fu (stretching, active recovery, tai chi, xingyi, meditation)
Wednesday
PUSH - German Volume Training (GVT)
Thursday
Gong fu (stretching, active recovery, tai chi, xingyi, meditation)
Friday
LEGS - German Volume Training
Saturday and Sunday
Rest

*** DETAILS OF EACH WORKOUT, EXERCISE AND TECHNIQUE WILL BE POSTED THAT DAY.​

Diet
I will keep the calories clean, as it's summer time and I want to add quality mass without compromising my definition, which has still remained despite my layoff. Lots of chicken. My girlfriend is Chinese, and cooks alot of interesting food. Sushi, snails, squid will be on the list. Not the best food to bulk but high in protein and healthy. Most of my calories will come from white rice, lean chicken, pork, seafood and beef. Lots of good food to come this summer, and I will post pictures and details as I go along.​

Pics

Goals / Destination

* To provide feedback on products and synergy
* To answer questions about products, workout and martial arts
* To gain at least 15lbs of muscle that I lost
* To stay relatively lean and ripped
* To provide progress information, pictures and videos.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
welcome back my friend. Go rip it up!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
welcome back my friend. Go rip it up!
Thank you my friend. It is good to be back. I'm hoping to make this log epic, both with my results, workout videos, pictures, information and anything else I can provide.

If anyone has any questions, please ask me!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Who else is on board???

Can't wait to do my PUSH workout tonight!

Pumped!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 01

Wednesday, May 12

Workout - PUSH
Flat bench - 10 x 10
Overhead press 10x10
Dips 3x8
Pushups - 100

Review
First off, let me say that Blue Gene is something you can feel from your first dose. Right off the bat, you feel endurance kick in, more than alot of products. It's this clean energy, this sort of "I want to do it" feeling. This day revolved around that feeling.

I settled on 100lbs for the bench, even though I felt I could do more, since I've been out of the game, I didn't want to overdo it. That's good, because Thursday was a very painful day. My chest, shoulders, triceps, everything hurt. Even my lats hurt from the pushups. It was very good!

I can't wait until the Intrain / Golden Gains kick in, because that's when the recovery will decrease. I especially remember being on this stack last year; Golden Gains and Blue GENE. The Blue GENE made me hammer it in the gym, and the GG / InTrain was fast recovery. The best of both worlds, honestly.

In my opinion, you need 3 things in a bodybuilding stack:
1. Health (so important)
2. Energy for workouts
3. Recovery from workouts

If you have all 3 of those taken care of, you will reach your goals much faster. I don't like when people say I need creatine, NO, protein, multi, etc. It's accurate to say every supplement falls into one, two or three of the categories above.

One thing I did notice from today was that the beta alanine flush was very strong. This was from combining the White FLOOD and Purple InTrain so close together. Perhaps I'll save some Purple InTrain for the morning; as the tub has alot of servings. Instead of doing 2 scoops during workout, maybe I'll do 1 scoop during workout and 1 scoop in the morning to speed recovery.

Video of the day

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
PS - does anyone know how to get a video from your cell phone to the computer?

i have some video of me doing 1 armed pushups i want to post for ***** and giggles
thanks!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Day 02

Thursday, May 13

Workout - martial arts

15 minutes chinese yoga
45 minutes xingyiquan

Review
Today was an active recovery and martial arts day. Had a nice practice of Xingyiquan which can be VERY tiring on the legs. It's also a good cardiovascular workout too. I found the Blue GENE + Purple InTrain really helping my martial arts as well. I'm already seeing improved endurance, and focus (which is very important in martial arts as well, moreso than lifting IMO.)

Here's a little blurp about the style "Xing Yi Quan", which I practice. I hope you find it interesting. :)

Xingyiquan is one of the major "internal" Chinese martial arts. The word translates approximately to "Form/Intention Boxing", or "Shape/Will Boxing", and is characterized by aggressive, seemingly linear movements and explosive power.

A practitioner of xingyiquan uses coordinated movements to generate bursts of power intended to overwhelm the opponent, simultaneously attacking and defending.

The linear nature of xingyiquan hints at both the military origins and the influence of spear technique alluded to in its mythology. Despite its hard, angular appearance, cultivating "soft" internal strength or qi is essential to achieving power in Xingyiquan.

The powerful 'shocking' strikes of Xing Yi Quan will damage and disorient the opponent no matter where they connect. These blows are generally not aimed at specific 'vital points,' but rather through the enemy's center of mass; this insures maximum shock and transfer of energy into the opponent. Xing Yi Quan grappling techniques involve rapid, bone jarring takedowns.
Video of the Day

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hit it, bro! Great stack going here!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
deja f'ing vu, you supported me when i had my knee replacement and recovery, now i get to do the same for you on your comeback. hell yeah, count me in.:beerchug:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys!!!

Updates to come later today...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Friday, May 14th

Workout - LEGS
Squats 7x10

Review
My logging got kind of thrown off, as I went away for a few days to celebrate my birthday. Like always I went up north, to the mountains of New England. So nice up there!

Let me just say, I tried to do the 10 sets of the squats. But if you've ever done sets of 10 rep squats, you know how tiring that is, especially when coming off a layoff. I made it to 7 sets, and was just too fatigued to carry on. I went a bit heavy for me (160lbs), and was determined to push through each set to 10 reps.

I followed up the workout with a ice cold Golden GAINS shake (DELICIOUS!), and promptly passed T.F. out.

The next day, I had to take my walker out of the closet LOL, limping was the day's business. Strangely enough I was healed quite quickly by Sunday, probably because I did alot of resting and eating.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Friday, May 14th

Workout - LEGS
Squats 7x10

Review
My logging got kind of thrown off, as I went away for a few days to celebrate my birthday. Like always I went up north, to the mountains of New England. So nice up there!

Let me just say, I tried to do the 10 sets of the squats. But if you've ever done sets of 10 rep squats, you know how tiring that is, especially when coming off a layoff. I made it to 7 sets, and was just too fatigued to carry on. I went a bit heavy for me (160lbs), and was determined to push through each set to 10 reps.

I followed up the workout with a ice cold Golden GAINS shake (DELICIOUS!), and promptly passed T.F. out.

The next day, I had to take my walker out of the closet LOL, limping was the day's business. Strangely enough I was healed quite quickly by Sunday, probably because I did alot of resting and eating.
the good thing is that gains come quick after a long lay off-hang in there.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, May 26th

Workout - Upper Body
Dips x 100
Chinups x 100

Review
Ok guys, I'm back on the grind. Been sick for the past week; the weather change and all, I caught a cold. I was going to work through it, but decided I wanted to give the log 100%, so when I started feeling sick I stopped the supplements (except for the GREENS and TRIAD) until I got better.

I came back with a strong upper body workout called the 200-Challenge. It's basically alternating from as many dips as you can in 1 set to doing as many chins as you can, back and forth until you reach 100 reps for each one. It is a grueling workout and one of the most intense I've done. I used to perform this workout 2 summers ago and the results were very pleasing.

After my 200 workout, I drank some Purple InTrain, took some Blue GENE and mowed my lawn. Boy, that was a great workout too. It was approx. 95 degrees in the sun yesterday, I got some great color and sweat.

I can't stress how much I'm loving this Golden GAINS. This stuff is so tastey, and the recovery it provides is phenomenal. If anyone has a chance to pick this stuff up, do it!

Video of the Day

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
the good thing is that gains come quick after a long lay off-hang in there.
Yeah, your are correct about this! I can't wait :D Hoping to get some decent gains before July. :) 1 month away! Gonna bust ass till then.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, your are correct about this! I can't wait :D Hoping to get some decent gains before July. :) 1 month away! Gonna bust ass till then.
give it hell.

btw i agree about the golden gains. i need to pick up a jug.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does CL offer samples of it? I'd love to give the Apple Pie a try!
you might give cl a pm, they may have gg samples but i don't remember seeing any.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
No I don't believe there are any samples of Golden GAINS. Samples of almost everything else though!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, May 27th

Workout - Arms & Shoulders
*superset:
BB Curls - 5 sets of 10
Skullcrushers - 5 sets of ten

*superset:
BB Shrugs - 5 sets of 15
Lateral raises - 5 sets of 15

Review
I was actually way too sore to do any kind of substantial compound movements, so I stuck with some isolations to get a pump and endorphin rush.

The workout went well, it's amazing how much music can add to your energy. I was feeling kind of sluggish and tired going into the gym, yet as soon as the music came on I found my second wind.

I kept the weight light, but the pump was something awesome. I did alot of flexing during this workout, LOL. I think I'm going to take my whole Blue GENE dose in the morning, as the combination of White FLOOD + Blue GENE is keeping me awake later than I want to be. Before my layoff that would not be a problem, however months of no supplements has left my tolerance brand new... which is a very good thing if you ask me.

Big T- you were right about the gains coming quickly. I've been back in the game for about 2 weeks, and even though I was sick a few days, my arms are already visibly bigger than when I began. It's all coming together quickly.

My daily mantra: (The Three C's)
Centered, Confident and Calm

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
muscle memory is a wonderful thing. look at it like this, most professional sports figures take a break from serious training for at least part of the off season.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you back bro!
Late but sub'd.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed. Nice to see you back again, buddy. :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Monday, May 31st

Workout - Upper Body
Dips x 100
Chinups x 100

Review
Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend, I know I did!

Had to bang out another one of these "200" workouts. They're just so fun and challenging, and the DOMs felt the next day are quite enjoyable lol. If you haven't tried this workout, I suggest you do! I manage to get about 50 reps in sets of 10, then the last 50 the numbers start dropping, maybe sets of 5 or 6. It's a great shocker to get back on track fast.

I'm going to be including some mini reviews from here on out, on some of the products. I may highlight one or two everyday. Look forward to my first review of Purple InTrain, will be posted very soon.

Started to see big results in the mirror. Only about 2.5 weeks in, and according to the scale I'm up 3lbs steadily. That is huge, the lifestyle change for me was real big, I'm eating alot again, lifting hard and taking my supplements. I'm going to be back on track in no time!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hahaha, you sound like a noob. it's exciting to see big gains real quick after a long layoff, lol.:fest06:

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but In!!!! very Interested in this stack looks sick!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Will pick this log back up a.s.a.p.

In the meantime, have big things going on...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmm