A Carnival of Cortisol Carnage: X-Lean and N2BM

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A Carnival of Cortisol Carnage

Believe it or not, I've never run a log for an IBE product. Considering my wife's a rep for them, this thread is LONG overdue.

So, exactly what am I logging?

X-Lean is IBE's anti-cortisol and fat-loss product. After reading up substantially in past logs and old threads, I've come to the conclusion that high doses of this stuff are best; I'll begin at 8caps a day and will titrate from there.

I've been looking forward to using X-Lean for quite some time - Androstenetriol has some really cool properties and effects.

I'm now ~2months into a full on cut, the first I've been on in a long time. X-Lean will form the backbone of my lipolytic supplement choices.

N2KTS is a pre-workout product. I've seen it mentioned around the boards here and there and all the feedback on it is good. I dislike the name, but will cover that momentarily.

Need2Slin is a GDA. Really, what appealed to me about this product was the large dose of Gymnema, and the combination of ALCAR and NaRALA. There isn't enough ALCAR to have any cognitive benefits, but enough for it to perform its function as a cofactor in lipoate metabolism. I'm sensitive to GDAs, and frankly unconvinced of their fat-loss benefits, but we shall see.

As I said, The N2BM products have a shortcoming in their nomenclature. Their names are ridiculously stupid.

N2KTS stands for "Need to Kick the ****." Yeah. Also, on their website, I kid you not, they have a product called ASS LIGHTNING

Each bottle actually says "A SHOT IN THE ASS...TO KEEP YOU GOING!" :rofl:

Please, N2BM, hire a marketing team. :silly:

Anyways, othe important factors of note are as follows:

Diet -
2100-4200kcals/day with carbs cycling from 50g to 700g.

Stats - I weighed in at 239, and some current PRs are
Bench:365
Olympic Front Squat: 335
Deadlift: 525

Routine - I'm currently lifting 5 days a week, two of which are powerlifting and the other 3 are giant/tri/superset bodybuilding routines. I'm am following a Push/Pull Split.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An update pic with current fatness :silly:

Also, forgot to mention my Other Supplementation -
LG Lipotropic Protein (Chocolate is the bestest!!)
BC+EAA
GHenerate
ZMA
Vit D3
Fish Oil

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
In for the Ass Lightning!!!!! :lol:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
sponsored or no?

either way subbed.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it just me or is the song fackin awesome? Julian made a funny song a b1tchn song.

...oh and subb

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
in my man!!! and if you like the Chocolate LG Protein... bro you have GOT to try the new peanut butter!!! I took my first scoops today and HOLY CRAP it was great!!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Are you just doing one bottle of x-lean? I am right now on X-lean while i finish up my AT2 and took the dose up to 6 caps for 3 a few days and am ramping back down but i definitely feel like its done some leaning out. How did you AT2 go?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in my man!!! and if you like the Chocolate LG Protein... bro you have GOT to try the new peanut butter!!! I took my first scoops today and HOLY CRAP it was great!!
I actually picked up a tub of the CPB. It's delicious, but Chocolate is still my favorite for shakes - the CPB makes the most amazing protein brownies ever though!

Are you just doing one bottle of x-lean? I am right now on X-lean while i finish up my AT2 and took the dose up to 6 caps for 3 a few days and am ramping back down but i definitely feel like its done some leaning out. How did you AT2 go?
I've got 4 bottles of X-Lean. It will be a 5 week run. I actually really wanted to stack some AT2 with X-Lean, but decided since the X-Lean was sponsored, I owed it to IBE to keep other possibly interacting products to a minimum. AT2 rocks though, that's for sure.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for this one Resolve. I was curious about the dosage on X-lean being that there is such a small amount of 7-Keto in it. Most of the time it is recommended to get 200mg a day, I assume that is why you are going to 8 pills a day?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for this one Resolve. I was curious about the dosage on X-lean being that there is such a small amount of 7-Keto in it. Most of the time it is recommended to get 200mg a day, I assume that is why you are going to 8 pills a day?
I don't actually know what the dose of each ingredient is; I'm just basing my dosing off of the old threads I've read on here, in which most users reported best results when "mega-dosing." I'm just running with the assumption that "More is better" for right now.

DAY 1

This was yesterday; I was thoroughly beat by the end of the day, and pretty much took the night off. I got a good feel for what each of the products I'm using are capable of, I think, so here are my initial thoughts.

X-Lean: There's zero stims in this, so it's not exactly something you "feel"; rather I'm on the lookout for any alterations to my mood. I ran high dose (1500mg/day) Relora for ~10wks and my emotions were looping as hell for the first week. So far though, on X-Lean, I'm calm and collected as usual.

I'm also on the lookout for dry joints, and while my left elbow is sore and my knees are too, that's just par for the course, and they haven't gotten any worse due to X-Lean.

N2KTS: I'll begin with the flavor, since I consider that the least important factor; it's really rough. Grind up some Tylenol and mix it with some water-down fruit-punch gatorade and you get an idea - bitter and chemical.

Fortunately, it's efficacy is pretty noticeable. I took 2 scoops, as per the tub's directions, and the energy was good. Not the best I've ever used in that regard (3 X-Force still tops my chart for straight-up energy), but certainly very solid.

I was sure there was Niacin in this from the large flush I got in my face and neck, but nope, no niacin anywhere in the formula; could I actually have responded to the Beta-Alanine with paraesthesia? That would be a first in many months.

No pumps. Nada. But it was a PL day.

Need2Slin: Not really sure if this is doing anything at all yet. I took 2 caps ~15min before 3 of my meals. With most GDAs I can use my energy and alertness as a timer for when I should eat after dosing - once I notice the first signs of hypoglycemia, I'll go eat. But this never happened here; I was using the clock to know when to go eat. Hmm, time will tell, and the website does suggest higher doses for larger carb meals, but I'm only ingesting 40-60g of Carbs at a time, and only for two meals.

The Workout: PL Push Day

Olympic Front Squats: 135x10, 225x3, 225x3, 275x3, 295x3, 300x3(PR!), 135x10 x10
I'm finally front squatting 300 for multiple reps again! It's been over a year since I've been able to do this, and even then it was with the "cross-armed" stance, not the Olympic Stance.
Note: Rub your knees with ICY-HOT prior to a squat day, it makes a world of difference in flexibility and "looseness". Got this idea from a DC thread Met post a while back (Thanks man!)

Bench: 225x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3, 335x3, 225x10 x10 x10
Well, 335 for 3 isn't a PR, but it's the most I've benched for 3 in a while. Power felt good and I was solid as a rock. Butt never left the bench and I had plenty of leg-drive.

Push Press: 205x3, 225x3, 230x2, 230x3 (PR!)
Seated Overhead Partials: 205 x3 x3 x3, 135x20
230 is the most I've push pressed for 3 reps; I've pressed my body-weight for 1, but never more than that. So I was pleased, but it really took a LOT of psyching up to hit lockout on all 3 reps. I'm sure I sounded like a gorilla or something when I was prepping for that lift.

Accessory Lifts:
Leg Press ss'd w/toes in calf raises: 270x10, 360x10, 450x10, 540x8, 630x8
BB Skullcrushers: 115 for 4x12

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Your front squats are ridiculous man. I was happy with my 135s yesterday...then I came here. :chairfall:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your front squats are ridiculous man. I was happy with my 135s yesterday...then I came here. :chairfall:
I've been focusing on 'em since last year; moved every other lower body movement to the back burner for quite some time. They take a while to get used to and require more finesse than a back squat.

Stick with it - my first goal was to simply front squat my bodyweight. Once you get the form down, the numbers will rise steadily.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
just an overall great lift Resolve!! the numbers are great. Love seeing the 335x3! Good reviews on the products thus far. Giving me something to look into that is for sure!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice just so u knew reading u other log got me to bring back the front squats.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just an overall great lift Resolve!! the numbers are great. Love seeing the 335x3! Good reviews on the products thus far. Giving me something to look into that is for sure!
Thanks, it's really nice to be gaining strength while losing weight. It's a decent indicator that I'm hangin' on to my muscle.

Nice just so u knew reading u other log got me to bring back the front squats.
Good for you man. My routine would feel incomplete without them. :thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, at the grocery store, BW found 98% Ground beef. I didn't know such a thing existed! We had to pick some up, as it meant that I could have beef earlier in the day, with my low-fat, higher carb meals. I'm stoked, because I'm beginning to get tired of chicken breast.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
So, at the grocery store, BW found 98% Ground beef. I didn't know such a thing existed! We had to pick some up, as it meant that I could have beef earlier in the day, with my low-fat, higher carb meals. I'm stoked, because I'm beginning to get tired of chicken breast.
walmart here sells 97/3...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's nice man, the best I can typically find is 93/7, so when I found 98/2 I was stoked.

Also, that's quite a flamboyant entry Adams!
Ha... you asked for it... That is the CD Carnival of Carnage.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha... you asked for it... That is the CD Carnival of Carnage.
Ah, it's all so clear now!

Day 3

So yesterday was a rest day, hence no update, but today I was back at it with renewed vigor.

X-Lean: I'm on the lookout for dry joints, but so far, if anything they've been better than normal. I sort of half recall that X-Lean has anti-inflammatory properties, but don't quote me on that. I do know androstenetriol has potent anti-pathogenic properties. No mood swings to report either - everything is all even keeled.

N2KTS: About 10 min after ingestion, I again noticed very prominent paraesthesia in my face, ears and neck. Furthermore, I realized when I got to the gym that my whole head and parts of my arms and shoulders had broken out in a bright red rash. To my knowledge, I have used all the ingredients in N2KTS before, so this reaction was quite shocking and discomforting. It was not pleasant, to say the least.

I will give it another shot, but if this keeps up, I more than likely to pitch this stuff (or give to someone else who may care to log it). We'll see what happens

Need2Slin: Can't tell if this working or not; no hypoglycemia, which is surprising considering its profile, and certainly no extra muscle fullness. It has, however, only been a couple of days that I've used it. Could be cumulative.

Today's Lifting: PL Pull Day

Deads: 315x3, 405x3, 425x3, 455x3, 315x15, 315x12
Still seeing good progress in my deads; 455 is 10lb up from last months 3rep week. Grip was great! I warmed up with some timed holds at 315 and those really wake my hands and forearms up; I focus on squeezing the hell out of the bar.

Weighted Chins: +80x3, +90x3, +105x3, +135x2(PR)
Having 135lb strapped between your legs is no easy thing (I would know, I sport that much down there 24/7 ;)), I was actually a little intimidated as I loaded up. But I cranked out 2 solid reps; couldn't clear the bar on a 3rd so it didn't count.

DB Rows: 105 for 3x15
After the first two movements, my forearms were not the most cooperative here. 105 is an increase in weight, now I'll just shoot for increasing those reps each week til I can hit 3x20, like I could with the 100s.

Lying Leg Curl Clusters: 3sets of 5x5 clusters with 50
Do 5 reps with one leg, 5 with the other and repeat 5 times. That's one set. This machine doesn't like me either; it's this old school thing and 50lb feels heavy on there. Also, as I've said before, leg curls are not my best lift.

Hammer Curls: 65s for 6x12-10
Good pump here. Really wrapped up the workout well; I closed up shop with a little "running the rack" and my arms felt the love.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sucks about the N2KTS. Nothing like a shot in the ass eh?

Nice work on the weighted chin PR. I've had 135 between my legs but never on chins, only dips. It's intimidating as hell though. I'm afraid I'm gonna rip the bars for dips off the wall or something. Humpty Dumpty might not get up from something like that...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
In !

Those are some sick number for your lifts, and I haven't done front squats in years.

I'm thinkin a PR for me in those would be somewhere around 95... on the smith machine ;)

:lol:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I don't actually know what the dose of each ingredient is; I'm just basing my dosing off of the old threads I've read on here, in which most users reported best results when "mega-dosing." I'm just running with the assumption that "More is better" for right now.

DAY 1

X-Lean: There's zero stims in this, so it's not exactly something you "feel"; rather I'm on the lookout for any alterations to my mood. I ran high dose (1500mg/day) Relora for ~10wks and my emotions were looping as hell for the first week. So far though, on X-Lean, I'm calm and collected as usual.

I'm also on the lookout for dry joints, and while my left elbow is sore and my knees are too, that's just par for the course, and they haven't gotten any worse due to X-Lean.
I was mega-dosing X-Lean for a few days and noticed some very mild joint pain and the occasional nagging headache. The bottles I have ran in the past I only used 1 cap in the am and 1 with lunch and noticed some lean-age in my waist, so I'm not sure how everyone is going about mega-dosing.

I could definitely up my water intake but I was wondering how many you take a day and when you take them.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
In !

Those are some sick number for your lifts, and I haven't done front squats in years.

I'm thinkin a PR for me in those would be somewhere around 95... on the smith machine ;)

buahahahahahaha Priceless and winner of the "Quote of the Day" :clap2:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks about the N2KTS. Nothing like a shot in the ass eh?

Nice work on the weighted chin PR. I've had 135 between my legs but never on chins, only dips. It's intimidating as hell though. I'm afraid I'm gonna rip the bars for dips off the wall or something. Humpty Dumpty might not get up from something like that...
Yeah, it's a bummer. I'ma give it another shot, but lifting when your whole head and part of your torso is all rashy sucks.

Your dips a awesome man; I haven't dipped 135 in a long time. Speaking of which, I'll be doing dips today.

In !

Sounds like somebody's gotta work on their core strength. ;)

I was mega-dosing X-Lean for a few days and noticed some very mild joint pain and the occasional nagging headache. The bottles I have ran in the past I only used 1 cap in the am and 1 with lunch and noticed some lean-age in my waist, so I'm not sure how everyone is going about mega-dosing.

I could definitely up my water intake but I was wondering how many you take a day and when you take them.
I'm taking 8 a day currently; two upon first rising, two before lifting, two after lifting and two before bed.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

Thank God it's Friday. It's been a surprisingly laid back day in the lab here; that's what happens when you run out of reagents and all your cells haven't turned out right. Next week will be busy, but for right now, deep breaths of relaxation.

I think I'm looking half decent - I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

X-Lean: Did a bit of reading. It does appear X-Lean has anti-inflammatory properties; AET is unique in its capacity to both suppress glucocorticoid action and simultaneously inhibit inflammation. No side effects to report; perhaps some tightening of the mid-section, but still very early to see results.

N2KTS: No rash today, thank God. Don't know what the deal was yesterday, but it wasn't pleasant. Not a big energy boost today. More than anything it just kept me going. I wasn't stoked to be lifting or ready to "kick the ****", but I wasn't drop dead exhausted at the end of the workout either. So, endurance certainly benefitted.

Need2Slin: Today is a high carb day, so I've been taking 3 caps, instead of the normal two, before each meal. Finally feeling this stuff, but then 3 caps plus 150+g of carbs at a time had better do something!

The Workout: Super/Tri-Set Push

Back Squat: 135x10, 225x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3, 335x3, 355x3, 225x20
Ss'd w/One leg DB Calf Raise from step: 85 for 8x5
This felt great! 355 was more than manageable. I would really love a day to do nothing but squat for an hour. It would rock. The Widowmaker at the end was a great way to finish things off.

Triset: 4sets, 3reps per lift, no rest til end of set
Floor Press:
225, 275, 295, 315
Floor Flies: 85s
Incline DB Press: 100s
Jammed my left elbow pretty good on the first rep with 315. Only got out two reps because of it. It's a bit sore now, but no big deal. Still seeing steady progress here.

Weighted Dips: +70x3, +80x3, +105x3, +115x3
Ss'd w/Single Pulley Rope Extensions: 90 for 4x10
This would normally have been a triset, but my jammed elbow said overhead DB exts weren't gonna happen. So I bumped up the reps on the rope exts a bit. Decent pump and 115 went nice and smooth.

I'm really craving some good liquor. We'll see, maybe I'll cave and cheat a bit on this high carb day.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I got to do weighted dips more... I just like them at the end and usually by then my tris are SMOKED

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I got to do weighted dips more... I just like them at the end and usually by then my tris are SMOKED

I always do them last for some reason too, and by that time bodyweight dips are plenty.

Right now though, I go to Planet Fitness because it's only $10 a month (lol) and their dumbbells only go to 75 so I gotta get creative..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dips have a special place in my heart. I prefer to use them as a main rather than an accessory movement. After some good heavy dips, I can feel it in my traps, lats, forearms, shoulders, chest and tris. I figure, it's such a good compound lift, why relegate to a sideline role?

In the past I've done workouts that consisted of just deads, dips and chins as a triset. Do it 5-8 times and call it a day.

Lookin good so far......sub'd.
Glad to have ya, sir.

I always do them last for some reason too, and by that time bodyweight dips are plenty.

Right now though, I go to Planet Fitness because it's only $10 a month (lol) and their dumbbells only go to 75 so I gotta get creative..
Man, from what I've seen of Planet Fitness, they'd kick me out after my first heavy set of ANYTHING, due to their "lunk alarm."

I like to have them explain to me how a molecular biologist getting his PhD. in pharmacology is a lunk. That would amuse and piss me off simultaneously.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Man, from what I've seen of Planet Fitness, they'd kick me out after my first heavy set of ANYTHING, due to their "lunk alarm."

I like to have them explain to me how a molecular biologist getting his PhD. in pharmacology is a lunk. That would amuse and piss me off simultaneously.
I think I would pay good money to watch that!!!! :sgrin:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

LOL

The "lunk alarm" only goes off when people drop the weights (there are sensors in the DB's I think ) :lol:

...and I think they give you a warning if it goes off the 1st time... :bigeyes:

I make due with it though cuz there are a TON of hotties, it's cheap, and it's not out of the way.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The "lunk alarm" only goes off when people drop the weights (there are sensors in the DB's I think ) :lol:
Negative. Assh*les press a button to signal that someone is behaving inappropriately. They say that Planet Fitness is a "judgment free zone," yet it's those skinny wannabes that are happy doing their 3 days a week, no legs, all cardio and bench/curls workouts that are setting off that "Lunk Alaram." I can has hypocrisy?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL

...and I think they give you a warning if it goes off the 1st time... :bigeyes:

I make due with it though cuz there are a TON of hotties, it's cheap, and it's not out of the way.
I see. Well, if its got what you need, more power to ya.

Day 5

Took some pics this morning, I'll get 'em up in a bit.

X-Lean: Typically, by the end of Friday, I'm pretty exhausted and a bit cranky, if not down right irritable. Ask BW, the littlest things can set me off when I'm that tired. Anyways, I was far less "short-fused" last night, possibly an indication that my cortisol, and therefore perceived stress, was lower. Rather than irritability, I was just tired for the most part. Nice.

N2KTS: Damn rash was back. Not as bad as it was a couple of days ago, but this ridiculous. If someone wants this stuff, and is willing to log it and pay for shipping, it's yours. If I was getting great results in the gym from it, I'd probably power through the rash, but N2KTS is currently more of a hindrance than a help. :(

Need2Slin: Yesterday was a high carb day, and today is a medium carb day, and I gotta say, I'm finally seeing this stuff kick in. Yesterday, three caps was awesome before any of my meals, and 2 caps is so far ample for todays pre and post-workout meals, muscles are looking and feeling full, and I seem to be drying out too, which is typically a good indication of good glucose clearance.

The Workout: Giant/Superset Pull Day

Giant Set: 4sets, 3reps per lift, no rest til end of set
Power Cleans:
245 (PR)
Pronated BB Rows: 275
One Legged DB Deads: 50s
Lateral Raises: 50s
Switched the grip from last week on the rows, thought I'd hit the lats a bit more with a pronated grip. Bit less weight than I can handle with a supinated grip, but it definitely accomplished what I wanted it too. Normally, I'd have done a fifth set, but I just had no energy or explosivity. PR on cleans, but as I've said, this is because I just haven't done cleans much recently, so they're climbing rapidly.

Weighted Pull-Ups: +70x3, +80x3, +90x3, +105x3, +70x4, bodyweightx8
DB Drag Curls 70s for 5x5
The last set of pull-ups turned into a dropset, from 105 to 70 to bodyweight. Lats, arms and forearms smoked by this point.

BB preacher curls: 95x12, 105x12, 115x8, 115x10
Reverse Fat-bar Preachers: 55x12, 65x12, 65x12, 65x10
Holy biceps pump batman! It's awesome when 95 feels light for high rep sets. 115 gave me some trouble on it's first set, but thanks to some good mental preparation and BW being an awesome spotter, my subsequent set was much better.

Farmer's Walks: 70s for 2x to failure
Pick up heavy DBs. Walk as far and a fast as possible until grip gives out. Repeat. I dropped the DBs once, but made a complete lap around the gym's track. I believe that's a 1/4 mile. It's my goal to make it all the way around without stopping, then increase weight. Heart rate would've shamed a jackhammer, and forearms and traps were ready to pop.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Negative. Assh*les press a button to signal that someone is behaving inappropriately. They say that Planet Fitness is a "judgment free zone," yet it's those skinny wannabes that are happy doing their 3 days a week, no legs, all cardio and bench/curls workouts that are setting off that "Lunk Alaram." I can has hypocrisy?
Ohh, haha I had no idea, I was just assuming there must have been sensors in them.

But yea, there are some real clowns there !

I love the Reverse Fat-bar Preachers Resolve :thumbsup:

A lot of people I know overlook this exercise.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
everytime I see those pull ups I am just blown away my friend. Great numbers, as usual!!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! Got an update pic up in post #2 finally.
Looks like you gave up on shaving the upper half of your chest, lol.

I'm trying to work on my arm thickness to get them like yours.

Being tall definitely has it's drawbacks !!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you gave up on shaving the upper half of your chest, lol.

I'm trying to work on my arm thickness to get them like yours.

Being tall definitely has it's drawbacks !!
Didn't shave my chest at all, lol.

Yeah, height gives a disadvantage in some ways. It also means our larger frames are capable of carrying more mass, so it goes both ways. :)

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the bigger guy thing!!!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Didn't shave my chest at all, lol.

Yeah, height gives a disadvantage in some ways. It also means our larger frames are capable of carrying more mass, so it goes both ways. :)
My bad, lol It looked like you did.. anyway, any updates ??

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you on the bigger guy thing!!!
My bad, lol It looked like you did.. anyway, any updates ??
Yup, I've got an update, I've just been rather busy in the lab.

Day 7

Yesterday marked the end of week one on this stack. So far, weight has remained constant, but I feel like I'm retaining a bit of water, so it's possible I've lost fat, but gained water weight.

Normally, I would be lifting today, but I'm doing a rather involved, lengthy protocol for one of my experiments that pretty much makes that impossible. So, I'll lift tomorrow, which would normally be a rest day.

X-Lean: Some stiffness in the knees, but not sure if I can attribute that to X-Lean. It comes and goes. I've also begun having lethargy and I'm just generally relaxed.

N2KTS: I won't be using this anymore. As I said before, if someone wants it, let me know. I've returned to my tried and true ASGT or X-Force. I'll be changing in between the two based on what I feel I need for that day.

Need2Slin: 3caps is where it's at. Not sure if that's because I'm a larger guy or what, but taking only 2 elicits nowhere near the same effect. 3 caps makes me slightly hypo with about 15min. After eating, I generally feel "tight" across the arms and chest. Not DOMS, but muscle fullness.

The Workout: PL Push Day Singles Week

Olympic Front Squats: 135x10, 225x3, 225x5, 275x3, 315x1, 345x1 (PR!)
Boom! 10lb up over last month. This is an aspect of 5/3/1 that I really like; I have consistently added weight to the bar every month. Continual and gradual strength gains - woohoo!

Bench: 225x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x3, 335x1, 370x1 (PR!)
Again, this is a 5lb increase over last month, and exactly what I was shooting for. You know you've had a good bench session when your lats are tired too.

Push Press: 135x5, 205x5, 225x3, 245x1 (PR!)
That's right, I moved more weight yesterday on every major movement than ever before. I blasted more than I weigh over my head; and unlike last month, there were zero missed reps. That's what I like. I also used a slightly narrower, false-grip for push press, and the difference it made was phenomenal.

Leg Press: 270x10, 360x10, 450x10, 540x10, 630x8
Ss'd w/LP Calves: same as above
These were the only accessory lifts I did yesterday; I spent all my energy on the main lifts. My upper body was done and then some, but my legs can always use a bit of extra attention, so I hit 'em again.