Spiderduncan's trial of Maximize V2 (sponsored)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
First, I would like to thank Dave and the folks at I Force Nutrition for allowed me to try their new pre-workout product. Secondly, I hope that this log/review will help others make more informed choices regarding pre-workout supplements.

Before I rate my first experience with Maximize V2, I would like to make the disclaimer that I have a very high tolerance to stimulants.

My review will be based upon taste, energy and endurance (comparisons will be worked into each category). The scale will be 1-10, one being lowest, 5 average and 10 being superior.

First Serving Review:
TASTE (9) Upon opening the container, I it appeared that I was shipped a container of NO Xplode. The consistency and texture uncannily similar. The flavor was good, raspberry lemonade as the label claimed, with a slight hint of what I will call "vitamin after taste." Comparison = similar to Super Pump 250, No Shotgun and NO Xplode.

ENERGY (10) This is were it gets interesting. I workout in the afternoon, right after work, so I am mentally fatigued. However, after 15-20 minutes I was beginning to feel more alert. Lastly, I would describe the rise to alertness as being similar to ephedrine/caffeine stack (hairs on the head feel tingly or charged with electricity). Comparison = similar to Jack3d and Super Pump 250.

ENDURANCE (10) Honestly, my repetition range at the moment is low (5RM), but there was NOT a decrease in performance. Comparison = NA at the moment.

While I will be increasing the dosage, I was overage happy with my first encounter with Maximize V2.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Second Serving Review:
TASTE (10) No chemical aftertaste today, must be tired or I am acquiring the taste. Again, a solid raspberry lemonade flavor.

ENERGY (10) I was especially fatigued today, so I took 1.5 scoops. 30 minutes later I am good to go. Motivated and focused, no jitters. This would be high point of Maximize V2

ENDURANCE (5 neutral) I have begun a high repetition/high frequency program with programmed intervals. The volume increases each week while the rest between sets decreases. Typically, I struggle with this type of training, so 5 is a neutral rating.

PUMP (6) This category was not recommended by I Force, but I feel the need to comment. My initial excitement with Maximize V2 was the inclusion of agmatine, but it has not lived up to my expectations. When I use Jack3d, the veins on my arms become more pronounced and I get a "full" feeling in my muscles.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking it on a full or empty stomach?
I consume Maximize V2 on an empty stomach. 2 hours after last meal. After consuming Maximze V2 I wait 20-45 minutes before working out. Thoughts? :)

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
I consume Maximize V2 on an empty stomach. 2 hours after last meal. After consuming Maximze V2 I wait 20-45 minutes before working out. Thoughts? :)
thats how I do it :) Works great for me.

How is the energy kick overall?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
thats how I do it :) Works great for me.

How is the energy kick overall?
This would be the high point of Maximize V2. I have been satisfied with 1-1.5 scoops. Keep in mind, I would consider myself to have an above average tolerance to stimulants.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
3rd Review

Second Serving Review:
TASTE (10) While the flavor is solid, the slight vitamin/mineral type flavoring is not longer noted (acquired?).

ENERGY (10) Similar daily fatigue = similar dosage as yesterday's. 20-30 minutes after consuming, I am ready to go. Again, I am excited that produced such a solid focus WITHOUT the jitters.

ENDURANCE (6) Slightly higher today, but the reps dropped by 2-3 reps (10-12 repetition range).

PUMP (7) Fairly good muscle pump. Nothing earth shattering, but improvement noted from yesterday's workout.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Review:
TASTE (10) Took 1 scoop on an empty stomach this morning. Despite being dead asleep, tasted good. The raspberry lemonade is refreshing after 8 hours of sleep, if not immediately stimulating.

ENERGY (10) I am beginning to like this supplement for the calm (no jitter) focus that it provides. Some pre-workouts give too much energy, more of a jitter, which makes me feel more inattentive. Which incidentally provides more servings per container!!!

ENDURANCE (7) I cannot tell if my body is adapting to less rest between sets, Maximize V2 is helping or a combination thereof? Probably a combination. However, recover between sets is improving despite more sets and less rest.

PUMP (7) Slightly improved, but nothing to rave over.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Review:
TASTE (10) Status quo...solid refreshing flavor of raspberry and lemon.

ENERGY (10) Now some might think that working out in the morning would require more of a stimulant boost, but stepping back from 1.5 to 1 scoops has been great. Again, I would rate the focus/energy of Maximize V2 as the highlight of this supplement. Said again, you feeling like moving around WITHOUT inattention that some stimulants give.

ENDURANCE (7) Status quo.

PUMP (7) Status quo.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Review:
TASTE (10) Thus far, the flavor is still refreshing. In that past, some powders have become a chore after the excitement wears off.

ENERGY (10) I was exhausted this morning. Suffering a slight deprivation of sleep. However, Maximize V2 came through. However, it did take a bit more time before I was fully alert. In fact, I only remember part of the drive to the gym!

ENDURANCE (8) My body is beginning to adapt to the decrease in rest and increase in volume!!! :head:

PUMP (7) Status quo.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Review (1 serving AM, 1 serving PM):
TASTE (10) Status quo.

ENERGY (10) 1 serving AM had me bouncing around. 1 serving PM helped provide mental clarify.

ENDURANCE (8) I was able to increase the load on lead sets, but had to drop the weights on successive sets due to limited rest (<90 seconds).

PUMP (5) I really wish that I could rate this category higher. The pumps just so-so. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I would be curious if a higher dose of agmatine help?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Ok, this review will count yesterday and today.

The weekend away from stimulants was a nice break. At the moment I am working out 6 days a week.

TASTE (10) Always good. Always refreshing. Also, I am the type of person that can eat the same foods over and over, so a great tasting pre-workout is a great find.

ENERGY (10) As I have stated in prior reviews, this is the best aspect. It gets you focused, in the zone WITHOUT the jitters.

ENDURANCE (8). Endurance on hack squats was solid this morning. That is great considering that I am working to failure in the 13-15 rep range with 90 seconds rest over 5 sets (yes I had to drop weight as I progressed, but not at much as I first thought).

PUMP (5) So so. My quads were pretty swollen after 5 sets of hack squats (see above).

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
TASTE (10) Never dull...always refreshing!

ENERGY (10) One new observation is that I do not crash with Maximize V2. This fact combined with the superior focus factor make this a great pre-workout supplement.

ENDURANCE (8). My endurance between sets has been increasing. Again, I am uncertain whether or not to attribute this to adaption or Maximize V2. Either way, it is a good thing! :)

PUMP (5) So so. Nothing to call home about. I really want to give Hemavol a shot with Maxmize V2.

MBSowards

Awards
TASTE (10) Never dull...always refreshing!

ENERGY (10) One new observation is that I do not crash with Maximize V2. This fact combined with the superior focus factor make this a great pre-workout supplement.

ENDURANCE (8). My endurance between sets has been increasing. Again, I am uncertain whether or not to attribute this to adaption or Maximize V2. Either way, it is a good thing! :)

PUMP (5) So so. Nothing to call home about. I really want to give Hemavol a shot with Maxmize V2.
You would notice a definite increase in pumps with the combo. Hemavol would also allow you to notice an increase in endurance as well.

Good log so far, thanks for keeping up with it. :)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
You would notice a definite increase in pumps with the combo. Hemavol would also allow you to notice an increase in endurance as well.

Good log so far, thanks for keeping up with it. :)
An increase in pumps and endurance?! Now I am especially interested. Thanks for the input.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the delay. Symptoms of overtraining set in, therefore I am scaling back the volume to allow my body to recover. Ironically enough, I am obeying the voice of reason (most of the time I ignore this voice).

For those that are following along, I apologize for sounding like a broken record. You know, one that keeps repeating the same tune over and over.

TASTE (10) Refreshing. I have yet to become bored with the flavor.

ENERGY (10) The steady climb to alertness and lack of crash are the strong points of Maximize V2. In fact, I was at an all day planning meeting and I took 1 scoop to take half way through the day. This provided the necessary mental acuity to finish strong.

ENDURANCE (8). Due to the decrease in volume and increase in rest between sets, I was able to use the same weight over multiple sets!

PUMP (5) This is my only disappointment.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
TASTE (10) Still refreshing. Will the flavor get old?! Time will tell.

ENERGY (10) This is the highlight of the product. I love the focus/energy that it provides.

ENDURANCE (8) Slightly above average, but I am increasing calories...so an increase in performance is to be expected.

PUMP (6) Slightly above average...perhaps this formula takes time to kick-in?