SWAGGER Log: Confidence, Concentration, Energy

Deadlifts321

Awards
MAN Sports has granted me an awesome opportunity to log SWAGGER for the next 4 weeks.

MAN Sports SWAGGER is designed to: increase energy, improve mood, increase alertness and focus, increase stamina, and basically give you the ability to live your life with confidence so you get the most out of your day everyday.

When I saw this opportunity to log and energy / confidence booster I knew I had to take a shot. Being in my early 30s with a wife, 3-year-old son, home improvements, and 40+ hour week job, I am looking to keep my edge and stay confident knowing I CAN DO IT ALL. The benefits of MAN Sports Swagger, like focus and energy, seem like the perfect fit for a guy who has a career and other life obligations, but wants to consistently perform in the gym like he did earlier in life. Getting the most out of my life is important to me and this is where SWAGGER can give me a boost.

This is a great opportunity for me and will be a great log if you are interested in SWAGGER.

Over the next few days, I will give a little bit background on my training, diet, and goals.

I will provide updates often and rate how I am feeling on a scale of 5 in three categories:
-Energy (Energy level + performance in the gym)
-Concentration (focus at work)
-Swagger (Confidence & Mood)

Thanks MAN Sports and Thanks to LLLLern for giving me a shot. You won't be disappointed!

Deadlifts321

Awards
Product information/description from MAN Sports:

SWAGGER: Live Your Life

It is challenging getting the most out of your day, day in and day out. And that is why the inventive minds at MAN Sports developed SWAGGER. It is your SWAGGER that separates you from everyone else. SWAGGER allows you to stay confident, focused and ready for any situation no matter how challenging or trouble-free. Now you can have more SWAGGER than ever and you can live your life with confidence, concentration and energy – you can live it with SWAGGER. The ingredients in SWAGGER are designed to keep you confident, focused and full of energy so you can handle whatever life throws your way successfully and with style. Realize greatness – it is in you - get the most out of your day, everyday… Live Your Life and do it with SWAGGER!

Here what MAN Sports SWAGGER can do for you:

•FEEL GOOD ENERGY: Get the energy you want and need instantly in order to live your life your way – to the fullest
•FEEL GOOD MOOD: Feel great instantly, have more confidence and stay positive no matter what the situation
•RAZOR SHARP FOCUS: Get instantly alert and have the focus to act with confidence and certainty
•INCREASED STAMINA: Achieve the endurance and resilience to handle obstacle after obstacle and keep moving forward
•MORE VIGOR: Harness the powerful effects of passion and desire to realize the greatness that is in you
•SWAGGER YOU CAN’T IGNORE: Live Your Life with confidence, concentration and energy – Get the most out of your day, everyday

Here is a look at the formula that will give you SWAGGER!

N-Acetyl-Tyrosine – is the acetylated version of the amino acid tyrosine. The acetylated version is ore metabolically effective and stable. Tyrosine supplementation has been shown to increase alertness and mental arousal by increasing the production of catecholamines such as norepinephrine and dopamine.

Citicoline (CDP Choline) - is a physcostimulant/nootropic. Research indicates that citicoline improves brain function, memory and learning. It promotes brain metabolism and enhances the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It is an essential intermediate for the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine, a major constituent of the grey matter of brain tissue (30%).

Phenylethylamine (PEA) - stimulates the neurotransmitters that regulate mood and focus. It is found naturally occurring in cocoa and is produced by the brain from the amino acid L-Phenylalanine. Studies have shown that depression and people with ADD or ADHD are lacking natural PEA. Supplementation with PEA has been shown to increase mood and energy.

Caffeine Malate – is a buffered form of caffeine where it is bound to malic acid. This form of caffeine is gentler on the stomach than regular caffeine, provides the same stimulatory effects and supports energy replenishment by way of malic acids effects on the kreb cycle.

DMAE (dimethyl-amino-ethanol) – is chemically similar to choline and works by increasing mental alertness and clarity.

Bacopa monniera – is an herb with numerous uses in ayurveda – a system of native medicine in India – amongst the beneficial properties include; treatments for asthma and epilepsy. Additionally it has antioxidant and antianxiety properties and has been shown to enhance cognition and improve learning.

Rhodiola Rosea – is an herb indigenous to arctic regions of eastern Siberia. It has been used for centuries throughout Europe and Asia as an energy booster. The herb is classified as an adaptogen and has been shown to fight depression, stimulate the nervous system, enhance work performance and decrease fatigue .

Picamilon – is a powerful new class of GABA derivatives that posses the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. Picamilon research demonstrates its ability to reduce anxiety and increase focus/cognition.

GeranatimTM (1,3-dimethylamylamine) – is a compound found in geranium oil that possesses a powerful stimulatory effect on the central nervous system producing increased energy and mental clarity.

Yohimbine HCl – is an alkaloid found in the bark of yohimbe. It acts as both a stimulant and aphrodisiac.

B-6 – is a b-vitamin and co factor in many biochemical processes, including the metabolism of foods, neurotransmitters and hemoglobin.

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 3 Swagg-Caps
Servings Per Container 28
Amount Per Serving
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine 500mg
Citicoline (CDP Choline)250mg
Phenylethylamine (PEA) 250mg
Caffeine Malate 225mg
DMAE (dimethyl-amino-ethanol) 200mg
Bacopa monniera 100mg
Rhodiola Rosea 100mg
Picamilon 75mg
GeranatimTM (1,3-dimethylamylamine) 50mg
Yohimbine HCl 3mg
Vitamin B-6 20mg

Other Ingredients
Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, FD & C BLUE #1, FD & C RED #40, titanium dioxide, gelatin.

RECOMMENDED USE
As an adult dietary supplement take 3 SWAGG-Caps once daily, preferably with food. Individuals sensitive to stimulants may want to begin usage with 1 to 2 SWAGG-Caps to asses tolerance Use for no longer than 8 weeks straight, followed by an off period of at least 2 weeks before resuming use. SWAGGER™ can be stacked with BODYOCTANE™, BLUEPRINT™, CLOUT™ and other products from the MAN Sports™ line.

Deadlifts321

Awards
I have been using Jim Wendler's 531 with some good success. Typically, I train 3 days a week and then a day or two of cardio during the week. I do throw in some heavier singles which I feel really helps improve my strength.

Here is today's session:
500 jump rope
Press: 95 x 3, 105 x 3, 115 x 7 PR with this weight , 120 x 1, 125 x 1
DB Seated Overhead press: 30 x 10, 35 x 10, 40 x 10, 45 x 10, 30 x 10
Pullups/chins: 50 total (probably about 7 sets)
BB Curls supersetted with Tricep Band Pushdowns.

Need to focus on my tempo with the descent of the bar on my Press.

Took a cap before my session this morning. Focus and endurance was great, much better than my standard cup of coffee.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Ill follow along. Welcome to AM btw...
Thanks!

4/29/10

Here is what I have experienced with SWAGGER so far:

-Energy (Energy level + performance in the gym): 4.5 of 5. Early to tell, but I am not noticing ANY fatigue which is different and a welcome change to the way I sometimes feel. Speedy feeling but not up and down like coffee, red bull, etc.

-Concentration (focus at work): 5 of 5. Massive change in concentration and amount of work I am getting done.

-Swagger (Confidence & Mood): 3.5 of 5. Haven't noticed a ton of difference here. I am a bit more up-beat because of the energy boost.

This is based on 3 days of 2 capsules per day. Not sure when I will be kicking it up to 3 caps a day, I feel that I am responding really well to 2 per day.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Calves: 2 sets of 15
Squat: 180 x 3, 210 x 3, 235 x 8, 255 x 1, 265 x 1
15 min walk outside

Great day squatting. Form was spot on. Kept the session a little short because I just had Lasik surgery last night and then had a checkup early this morning.

Noticing that my energy level is up and focus is definitely there during my lifting.

ENERGY. That has been this biggest difference since starting SWAGGER on Tuesday. No more fatigue sitting at my desk or dragging over to get coffee. It is VERY noticeable.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ENERGY. That has been this biggest difference since starting SWAGGER on Tuesday. No more fatigue sitting at my desk or dragging over to get coffee. It is VERY noticeable.
Good to hear. I am currently using White Flood pre workout, and I am dragging towards the end of this work day. One more hour until my dose and that heavy boost :D

Deadlifts321

Awards
5/3/10

500 jump rope
Bench: 160 x 3, 185 x 3, 205 x 7
Incline DB presses 5 sets
Barbell Rows from floor 5 sets working up to 155x10
BB curls supersetted with tricep band pushdowns.

Have to remember to "set the bar" over my chest and keep it tight before benching.

-Energy (Energy level + performance in the gym): 5 of 5. Skipping morning coffee (this never happens) . Energy level is awesome.
-Concentration (focus at work): 4 of 5. Concentration is great at work
-Swagger (Confidence & Mood): 4 of 5. Seeing the difference now. Mood is improved

Upping my calorie intake as weight is hovering around 172. Don't feel as hungry on SWAGGER, I could really see how this product could be utilized by someone on a diet or cutting for physique concerns.

Deadlifts321

Awards
600 jump rope

Power Clean: 105x3, 120x3, 135x7
Deadlift: 235x3, 280x3, 315x3, 280x3, 235x3
Weighted situps 5 sets of 20

I think 315x3 is a PR for that weight but not sure. Grip was failing at the top of the last rep. Adding a little bit more volume on the lifts where I think I need it.

Again, training session today was fantastic. A little over 60 minutes including jump rope and dynamic warmup.

Preworkout "meal" is carb+protein shake (40g of protein & 30 grams of carbs) + 1 SWAGGER Cap.

Kicking it up to 3 caps per day (from 2).

Deadlifts321

Awards
600 jump rope
Overhead Press: 95 x 5, 115x3, 125x3, 125 x 1, 130 x 1
Dips: 50 total (about 6 sets)
Chins/pullups: 50 total (6 sets)
Hammer curls / Tricep Band pushdowns

Mood has significantly improved. Really noticing this now. Things that usually bug me, don't. And my attitude towards challenges, especially at work, has gotten better. I can't tell exactly if this is because I am more "perky" because of the increase in energy or because the exact ingredients in SWAGGER. Either way, I am stoked and would recommend SWAGGER for someone who busts their ass in the gym and has a 40+ hour work week.

DIPS!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think this is one of the best capped pre workout stims out there. It is a great mood enhancing energy that doesn't come crashing down later. I took 4 once and that got a little too energized for me...

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Have you been checking you blood pressure? Daily stims can increase BP and cause long terms health problems.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you been checking you blood pressure? Daily stims can increase BP and cause long terms health problems.
Who? If you are asking me then no. I take a pre workout stim 3 days a week and zero stims for the rest of the week. I'm good to go...

Deadlifts321

Awards
I think this is one of the best capped pre workout stims out there. It is a great mood enhancing energy that doesn't come crashing down later. I took 4 once and that got a little too energized for me...
Agreed. I haven't any type of crashing so far. So far, I feel I am very responsive to just 2-3 caps per day. Energy has been great and I feel mood has improved as well.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Squat: 190x5, 220x3, 245 x 5, 255 x 1, 260 x 1
Good mornings: 5 sets of 10
Calves: 4 sets of 10

Squat session was good. Next time I will focus on forcing my knees out a bit when hitting the very bottom of depth of my squat. 255 was no problem, neither was 265 and these were both after my "work set".

I am finding that I am only needing 2 caps per day on non-training days and 3 on training days. This seems to work out best. Typically, I am taking one early morning, one with lunch, and then one half way through the afternoon if I need it. Again, this has been said before, but you DON'T CRASH 3-4 hours after taking SWAGGER caps. You come down as smoothly as you got up (so to speak.)

-Energy (Energy level + performance in the gym): 5 of 5. Energy level on Sunday was through the roof.
-Concentration (focus at work): 4 of 5. Concentration level still awesome.
-Swagger (Confidence & Mood): 4.5 of 5. Mood is definitely elevated. This is a great perk of a performance supplement.

Deadlifts321

Awards
^I work up to 115-120lbs or so and then work back down. Once I start working with 135+, my form goes to **** and I don't get much out of it.

Good idea. Start with just the bar. I don't feel that anything hits the low back and hams like strick good mornings. I slowly bend over and feel the stretch in the hams. Sit back as far as you can go.

Great assistance excercise for the squat. I have also done them with a regular strength stretch band. I feel that works well too.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Bench: 170 x 5, 195 x 3, 220 x 4, 225 x 1, 230 x 1
Fat Bar Close grip bench: 3 sets of 10 at 135lbs
Barbell Rows: 5 sets of 10 working up to 155 x 10
3 sets of fat bar curls.

Great session again today. Was looking to hit 220 x 5, but not too bad of an effort. Singles felt great as well. Technically, next week is supposed to be a deload, but I am thinking of skipping it since I am recovering great and feeling energetic. :fing02:

If you are at all interested in what others are saying about SWAGGER check out the facebook page. Some great opinions on the product and different ways people are using it.

Deadlifts321

Awards
531 Conditioning Day

Jogged to river bottom and ran 10 hills. About 40 mins of cardio total.

If you a familiar with 531, this type of conditioning is encouraged 2-3 times per week. I haven't been doing this regularly and sometimes I feel that I don't really need it, but I want to see how I feel using the SWAGGER caps and doing some (some-what) hard-core conditioning. I'll give another update on monday or over the weekend.

Interestingly, MAN Sports advertises SWAGGER as the "Death of Energy Drinks." I'll agree with this statement. The cap is much easier to consume and you don't get a lot of the sugar found in a lot of the drinks. I know that they have the sugar free and lo-carb versions but the caps are easier to use and probably more cost effective.

Deadlifts321

Awards
^Yup. That is the routine I am using / have been using for the last 6 months. Highly recommend 531.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Saturday 5/15

Power Cleans: can't remember but worked up to 140 x 6
Deadlift: 260 x 5, 295 x 3, 330 x 1 PR , 295 x 3, 260 x 5
100 situps

All time PR on deadlift which was no problem. Form is coming along on power cleans nicely.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Monday's training 5/18/10

500 rope skip
Deload Overhead Press: 50 x 5, 65 x 5, 80 x 5, 65 x 5, 50 x 5
Pullups: 3 sets of 10
Dips: 3 sets of 10 + supersetted these with fat bar curls (21s)

Starting my deload here and will continue for the next week. None of these weights are really going to be worth mentioning, but that is the point of the deload. I thought last week that I might be able to skip this and dive right back into the next cycle, but better judgement has prevailed. After the hills and pulling an all time max deadlift, I felt a little beat up Sunday and Monday.

In the past, when reaching towards an all time PR or frequently training intensely, I start to feel tired all the time and my mood goes straight to s***. Especially sitting at my desk at work, my energy level just tanks. This hasn't been the case during this block of training and SWAGGER has helped with mood, recovery, and energy level.

So here is my week 3 rating:
-Energy (Energy level + performance in the gym): 5 of 5. Pulled all time max deadlift with basically no strain. Have to give 5 out of 5. SWAGGER cap preworkout is something I would HIGHLY recommend.
-Concentration (focus at work): 4.5 of 5. Concentration level still awesome, last week was super productive. Powering through a final phase of our company's site woo-hoo!
-Swagger (Confidence & Mood): 4.5 of 5. Mood is great, especially considering where I think I would be normally.

Usage: normally 2 caps/day or 3 caps if I really need it.

1 more week to go with this log. If anyone has questions about SWAGGER and my experience on it, make sure to hit me up.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Deload Squat: 105 x 5, 135 x 5, 155 x 5, 135 x 5, 105 x 5
Good mornings 3 sets of 10
Calves 3 sets of 10

Squat was great. This was basically just form work but I was dialed in. Form was spot on (I think). Deloading was an excellent idea, I am feeling great.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Sorry for the lag in the log, have been busy with work, family, etc.

Friday Night:
6 hills down at the river bottom & then 20 mins of jogging at a pretty decent pace. 40 mins total of cardio.

Saturday:
Bench Deload: 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 140 x 5, 115 x 5, 95 x10
Close grip bench 95lbs x 10 reps for 3 sets
Lots of face pulls with band

Bench form was a little off but whatever it is a deload. Face pulls felt awesome. I will have to start doing more of these. Feels great on traps, lats, and bis.

Sunday:
90 min steady walk/hike with family.

So three days of working out consecutively, non stop activity with the family, and a "honey-do list" so long it would make you want to cry and I am feeling great. No let down in energy at all. Popping 2 caps a day and 3 if I really need it. Smooth energy, no crashes, no irritability.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Deload Deadlift Day:

500 jump rope
Cleans: 5 sets of 5 (light)
Deadlift: 140 x 5, 175 x 5, 210 x 5, 175 x 5, 140 x 5
Situps: 100 total

End of my deload and I am feeling awesome and ready to hit it hard again on Weds. I will have a summary right up about Swagger in the next few days. Getting tons of stuff done at work and around the house ( I am remodeling my master bathroom). Good stuff.

Deadlifts321

Awards
Final Review of SWAGGER

So here are the benefits of MAN Sports’ Swagger and what I experienced in my 4 week run:

FEEL GOOD ENERGY: Get the energy you want and need instantly in order to live your life your way – to the fullest. Oh yeah! Tons of energy to workout, be “on” at work, and still get things done around the house and with my family.

FEEL GOOD MOOD: Feel great instantly, have more confidence and stay positive no matter what the situation. I was skeptical until about the 5th day in and realized I was in a great mood at work and was generally upbeat and game for anything. Yes, improved mood definitely a benefit of this supplement.

RAZOR SHARP FOCUS: Get instantly alert and have the focus to act with confidence and certainty. Again, intensity and focus at work was great. If you are in a mini-slump at work and are just going through the motions, I would give SWAGGER a shot.

INCREASED STAMINA: Achieve the endurance and resilience to handle obstacle after obstacle and keep moving forward. Pulled all time deadlift PR while doing intense cardio and lifting heavy 3x per week. Yup.

MORE VIGOR: Harness the powerful effects of passion and desire to realize the greatness that is in you. I would define this as more of “drive to live a full life.” With a big-time energy boost you can get things done you need to accomplish to be successful. I felt perked, positive, and ready to accomplish what I needed to in a given day.

SWAGGER YOU CAN’T IGNORE: Live Your Life with confidence, concentration and energy – Get the most out of your day, everyday. Unlike creatine and a lot of other supps, this is more that just a product to get you “ripped” or “huge” (although I could certainly see someone cutting BF benefitting from using SWAGGER in their routine as well as bodybuilding for increase stamina). I would say this is more of a “life” supplement. It gives you the energy boost to train, work, and live your life full-speed ahead.

Thanks to MAN Sports and LLLLern for the opportunity. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who works and plays hard.

I absolutely LOVED a Swagger cap pre-workout. Smooth, powerful energy and great focus.

Last session of this log:

Press: 95 x 5, 100 x 5, 110 x 8 PR with this weight , 100 x 5, 95 x 5, 75 x 10, 65 x 10, 45 (just bar) x 10 supersetted all sets with band face pulls
Pullups/chins: 50 total
Fat Bar Curls 21s supersetted with tricep band pushdowns 2 sets.

Definitely hit me up with any questions about SWAGGER!