HGHPro - The Power of Purple... TheDeadlifter's log

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Here's comes day 6 - 15 minutes until I take HGHPro again. So far, it seems decent. I am sleeping well. This morning I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm, ate 2 breakfasts, watched the space shuttle launch, and got a ton of stuff finished at work. At the end of each week I will sum up the week and give my overall opinion of HGHPro - the goods and bads; expect the first full write-up sometime on Wednesday.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

  2. Registered User
    permanabol's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    174

    Always in for a powerlifter and a nice rack!
    would like to see some of your #'s as well.
  3. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by permanabol View Post
    Always in for a powerlifter and a nice rack!
    would like to see some of your #'s as well.
    Thanks. I have a raw push-pull meet on Saturday. I'll post my results.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    zb126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    49724

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Here's comes day 6 - 15 minutes until I take HGHPro again. So far, it seems decent. I am sleeping well. This morning I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm, ate 2 breakfasts, watched the space shuttle launch, and got a ton of stuff finished at work. At the end of each week I will sum up the week and give my overall opinion of HGHPro - the goods and bads; expect the first full write-up sometime on Wednesday.
    nice! i'll be watching for the final writeup!
  5. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Here's comes day 6 - 15 minutes until I take HGHPro again. So far, it seems decent. I am sleeping well. This morning I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm, ate 2 breakfasts, watched the space shuttle launch, and got a ton of stuff finished at work. At the end of each week I will sum up the week and give my overall opinion of HGHPro - the goods and bads; expect the first full write-up sometime on Wednesday.
    looking forward to it.

    which space shuttle launched?

    One of my first memories of a space shuttle was the challenger as a kid and the crew members. T'was sad.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Just had this emailed to me. Thought I'd share:

    Sharing is a wonderful quality thank you.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  7. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    An observation:
    After taking HGHPro last night, I ended up staying awake for about another hour without feeling anymore drowsy than after a usual day of work and coaching. I helped my wife do a few 'housekeeping' odds and ends with her business and then laid in bed playing some stupid addictive game on my stepson's Nintendo DS. Once we turned the lights out I fell asleep within a short time but no sooner than usual. Nothing in my pre-bed routine changed other than helping my wife and playing a game. I did, however, sleep so well that I woke up 45 minutes later than usual. That's great and all, but not when you have to get ready for work, take care of the kids, and eat two breakfasts before you leave...

    I am in the final prep stage for my meet on Saturday. I'm ready. Not much to do now other than get my mind right.

    I end my first full week on HGHPro in the morning. Dose #7 coming up in 20 minutes...
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  8. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    An observation:
    After taking HGHPro last night, I ended up staying awake for about another hour without feeling anymore drowsy than after a usual day of work and coaching. I helped my wife do a few 'housekeeping' odds and ends with her business and then laid in bed playing some stupid addictive game on my stepson's Nintendo DS. Once we turned the lights out I fell asleep within a short time but no sooner than usual. Nothing in my pre-bed routine changed other than helping my wife and playing a game. I did, however, sleep so well that I woke up 45 minutes later than usual. That's great and all, but not when you have to get ready for work, take care of the kids, and eat two breakfasts before you leave...

    I am in the final prep stage for my meet on Saturday. I'm ready. Not much to do now other than get my mind right.

    I end my first full week on HGHPro in the morning. Dose #7 coming up in 20 minutes...
    That would be ideal for me I am always waking up earlier than I need to, it's partially due to age. Yah I see no reason why this compound would make one drowsy maybe relaxed would be a better word.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    That would be ideal for me I am always waking up earlier than I need to, it's partially due to age. Yah I see no reason why this compound would make one drowsy maybe relaxed would be a better word.
    I am in the same boat.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  10. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I see no reason why this compound would make one drowsy maybe relaxed would be a better word.
    Good point. Maybe I expected more of a drowsy effect because I've never used any products with the ingredients in HGHPro...
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  11. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Thumbs up Week #1 on HGHPro...


    OK... time to sum up the first week on Anabolic Innovations' HGHPro. First, my supplementation has remained unchanged. I am currently taking:
    -Animal Pak
    -Animal Flex
    -Universal Uniliver
    -fish oil
    -vitamin D
    -creatine mono powder
    -beta alanine powder
    -Animal Nitro (pre-training only)
    -Universal Real Gains (post-training mostly)

    I have not altered my diet except for one thing: before I received HGHPro, I ate immediately before bed. I ate cottage cheese with fresh fruit or whatever, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. I have now, for the past week, been eating about 45 minutes earlier and then taking HGHPro. Throughout the rest of the day, I typically consume 4000 - 5000 calories per day (depends on if I eat at a buffet ). I eat twice before I leave the house in the morning, eat a decent sized lunch, and snack on a lot of high-density foods (like cheese, almonds, etc) during the day.

    My training has definity changed since being on HGHPro. I have a WABDL push-pull meet on Saturday April 10th. I have only lifted once this week and only 3x in the past 7 days in preparation for he meet. Once Monday rolls around, it'll be business as usual. With my training schedule/routine, I'm looking forward to seeing some possible differences being on HGHPro.

    Now, on to the evaluation. I'll first start with...

    THE BAD:
    -My first impression of the purple pills was 'Wow, that's a unique color for a supplement'. They're attractive. I am just not a big fan of artificial colorings, like the ones found in HGHPro and pretty much most powdered mixes and other encapsulated supplements.
    -I want to eat before bed. However, if I do eat it may lessen or otherwise alter the effects of HGHPro. I'm changing my dietary habits slightly to try to get the most out of HGHPro, but it's leaving me a bit hungry.

    THE GOOD:
    -I truly feel more rested in the mornings. As I stated in an earlier post, even with interupted sleep I wake up ready to start my day. I'm not really a morning person but I feel pretty good and I don't feel as groggy.
    -A lot of people wake up in the morning and stay in bed for just a little while in denial of the fact that they have to get up. I rarely do that because my stomach is usually screaming at me to feed it. I have noticed I am hungrier in the morning since I've been on HGHPro. I could look at the fact that I am no longer eating immediately before bed, but those few minutes' difference shouldn't affect my hunger as much as I feel in the mornings now.
    -The 4-pill dosage seems to be good for me. I'd like to try 5 before bed to see if there would be any difference, but I'll stick with the 4 per night for the duration of this log.

    All-in-all, I approve of HGHPro. I look forward to kicking off the second week... which I'm going to do right now...

    I will leave you this evening with this little bit of yummy-goodness:



    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  12. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    235106

    When you get a chance, and I might have missed it in the log, has the HGHpro effected your dreams at all? I hear many have had this effect with other HGH products or even 1-carboxy.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  13. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    When you get a chance, and I might have missed it in the log, has the HGHpro effected your dreams at all? I hear many have had this effect with other HGH products or even 1-carboxy.
    No, not one bit. I hardly ever remember dreams anyway and HGHPro has not changed anything for me in that respect.
  14. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    OK... time to sum up the first week on Anabolic Innovations' HGHPro. First, my supplementation has remained unchanged. I am currently taking:
    -Animal Pak
    -Animal Flex
    -Universal Uniliver
    -fish oil
    -vitamin D
    -creatine mono powder
    -beta alanine powder
    -Animal Nitro (pre-training only)
    -Universal Real Gains (post-training mostly)

    I have not altered my diet except for one thing: before I received HGHPro, I ate immediately before bed. I ate cottage cheese with fresh fruit or whatever, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. I have now, for the past week, been eating about 45 minutes earlier and then taking HGHPro. Throughout the rest of the day, I typically consume 4000 - 5000 calories per day (depends on if I eat at a buffet ). I eat twice before I leave the house in the morning, eat a decent sized lunch, and snack on a lot of high-density foods (like cheese, almonds, etc) during the day.

    My training has definity changed since being on HGHPro. I have a WABDL push-pull meet on Saturday April 10th. I have only lifted once this week and only 3x in the past 7 days in preparation for he meet. Once Monday rolls around, it'll be business as usual. With my training schedule/routine, I'm looking forward to seeing some possible differences being on HGHPro.

    Now, on to the evaluation. I'll first start with...

    THE BAD:
    -My first impression of the purple pills was 'Wow, that's a unique color for a supplement'. They're attractive. I am just not a big fan of artificial colorings, like the ones found in HGHPro and pretty much most powdered mixes and other encapsulated supplements.
    -I want to eat before bed. However, if I do eat it may lessen or otherwise alter the effects of HGHPro. I'm changing my dietary habits slightly to try to get the most out of HGHPro, but it's leaving me a bit hungry.

    THE GOOD:
    -I truly feel more rested in the mornings. As I stated in an earlier post, even with interupted sleep I wake up ready to start my day. I'm not really a morning person but I feel pretty good and I don't feel as groggy.
    -A lot of people wake up in the morning and stay in bed for just a little while in denial of the fact that they have to get up. I rarely do that because my stomach is usually screaming at me to feed it. I have noticed I am hungrier in the morning since I've been on HGHPro. I could look at the fact that I am no longer eating immediately before bed, but those few minutes' difference shouldn't affect my hunger as much as I feel in the mornings now.
    -The 4-pill dosage seems to be good for me. I'd like to try 5 before bed to see if there would be any difference, but I'll stick with the 4 per night for the duration of this log.

    All-in-all, I approve of HGHPro. I look forward to kicking off the second week... which I'm going to do right now...

    I will leave you this evening with this little bit of yummy-goodness:



    Yah the not eating thing can be a bit tough if you eat before bed usually...

    It's the extra rest that is going to pay off in the long haul, it will enhance every facet of your performance over time. These types of supps are for just that... the long run. You get some immediate benefit with the improved sleep though.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  15. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Thanks for the update bro very detailed.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  16. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    nice review of the "good" and "bad"
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  17. Registered User
    punthra's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    prince george
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    3444

    Damn solid update!
    I pick things up...I put them down! The quest to be HUGE!!!!
  18. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah the not eating thing can be a bit tough if you eat before bed usually...

    It's the extra rest that is going to pay off in the long haul, it will enhance every facet of your performance over time. These types of supps are for just that... the long run. You get some immediate benefit with the improved sleep though.
    That extra rest does help. I've noticed an increase in appetite lately - which sucks because I have been trying to take it easy to get to the mid 230s for my meet tomorrow... Since I weigh in the night before, I'll be back to 240+ by the time of the meet, though.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  19. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Damn solid update!
    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    nice review of the "good" and "bad"
    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Thanks for the update bro very detailed.
    Thank you, gentlemen. I plan on doing something like that for the next 3 Wednesdays...
  20. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    That extra rest does help. I've noticed an increase in appetite lately - which sucks because I have been trying to take it easy to get to the mid 230s for my meet tomorrow... Since I weigh in the night before, I'll be back to 240+ by the time of the meet, though.
    lol time to chow down eh...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  21. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Today's update:
    Last night's sleep really sucked - definitely not the fault of HGHPro. The baby (she's more like a toddler but we still call her the baby) woke up about a thousand times during the night. She fussed a couple times and woke up playing a couple times. Regardless, I woke up every time she did so I had a very fragmented snooze last night. I felt groggy this morning, but once I was up I felt good. I need better sleep tonight. I weigh in in a couple hours for tomorrow's meet. Lifting starts at noon. You can believe I'm looking forward to an extra-restful night of sleep tonight!
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  22. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    lol time to chow down eh...
    Hell yeah it is!!! Once I weigh in it's carb-load time!
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  23. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Hell yeah it is!!! Once I weigh in it's carb-load time!
    oh I know all about that, but mine are somewhat more severe as I have been doing a bodybuilding version where it takes 24-30 hours to get it all in. Not pleasant.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  24. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    oh I know all about that, but mine are somewhat more severe as I have been doing a bodybuilding version where it takes 24-30 hours to get it all in. Not pleasant.
    More power to you. I'm an intrinsically motivated and disciplined person, but I could not do what you bodybuilders do to prep for shows. That's the part of bodybuilding I have the most respect for.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  25. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    684916

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    More power to you. I'm an intrinsically motivated and disciplined person, but I could not do what you bodybuilders do to prep for shows. That's the part of bodybuilding I have the most respect for.
    And the part we could do withoug lol

    This method has it's down side but it seems to work consistently which eases my mind some.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  26. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Thumbs up


    Just weighed in at 233lbs!!! I'll be competing in the 242 class so the low weigh-in will give me a little advantage if it comes down to a tie. Now, I'm hungry - TIME TO EAT!!!
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  27. Registered User
    Aaelael's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Minnesota Baby!
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    1498

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    More power to you. I'm an intrinsically motivated and disciplined person, but I could not do what you bodybuilders do to prep for shows. That's the part of bodybuilding I have the most respect for.
    WEll put man!! haha A Lot of people have no idea and its insane. . haha they can not concieve what they do not understand and i'm glad you have a good head on your shoulders!!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
  28. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Just weighed in at 233lbs!!! I'll be competing in the 242 class so the low weigh-in will give me a little advantage if it comes down to a tie. Now, I'm hungry - TIME TO EAT!!!
    Nice work bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  29. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Nice work bro.
    Thanks. We'll see if it makes a difference tomorrow...
  30. Registered User
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10074

    I'm about ready to pop some HGHPro and hit the hay. Tomorrow is a big day. I'll post the results of my meet sometime later in the evening.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TheDeadlifter's hot and spicy Muscle Marinade
    By TheDeadlifter in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 03:30 PM
  2. TheDeadlifter reviews LG's ASGT...
    By TheDeadlifter in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 03:35 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:45 AM
  5. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.