Orange Oximega log

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My Oximega arrived today, thanks Controlled Labs.

I was going to get all fancy with the log, but I gotta cut straight to the point:

Holy **** this stuff tastes AWESOME! I've seen the comments in other logs, and never in my wildest dreams imagined it would taste as damn good as it does. Smell is earthy, taste is a knockout, 10 out of ten in straight water. Unbelievable.

The fish oil is meh smelling, but definitaly a cut about your garden variety fish oil caps, but the quality is outstanding.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot to add: I took my first sip, and was so caught off guard, that I grabbed the box to see what artificial sweeteners are used.

None. That's just wrong. Other companies need to take note. I want more of that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hit the gym this morning, got home, and decided to throw the Oximega in my vanillia Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey/casein powder (awesome stuff, btw). It was very tasty, and interestingly, the peppermint was much stronger than I expected, totally overwhelming the flavor of the protein. Very surprising, especially as it just doesn't smell that minty at all in the container. Again, the sweetening used is outstanding, and though the mint flavor is strong, its not like a Halls, or toothpaste, its just right.

Very interesting stuff. I think I'll mostly drink it in water, as it has zero odd or bad flavors or lingering aftertaste.

Strangely, I had fish burps yesterday. I take kirkland fish oil intermittantly, and never have the burps. I have experienced the burps from other products, usually when starting after being off for a while, and it generally tastes rank. This was far more pleasant, almost like fresh oil, or like other oils are rancid. Anyway, I'm very happy to be on both of these products.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I decided to throw the greens in with some Dymatize strawberry protein. It totally obliterated the strawberry flavor. It's not a bad thing, as it tastes very good, I just find it odd that although the mint isn't super-pungent or harsh, and barely smells at all, it has enough punch to cover nearly anything, it seems. Someone should give it the horny goat weed test, it might be very useful as a masking agent for nasty powders. It sure is pleasant to drink, an absolute joy.

Btw, no effects to speak of, so far. I'm curious if there will be any. In a way, its just food, but good nutrition is a powerful thing. I'm at 1 scoop a day, though I may bump it to two on really long hard days, just to pamper my overworked body.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used several greens formulas: Barleans, Trader Joes, and Amazing Greens.

Barleans tastes nasty, thick and uber-earthy and green, like green bitters. It's vile, though the ingredient profile is good. Trader Joes is pretty tasty, berry flavored; in water it's still kind of nasty, but do-able, and in protein it tastes pretty good. Amazing Greens is kind of in between, flavor-wise, still pretty damn unpleasant to down. All three have great nutrient profiles. Oh, I've also use MycoGreen, but those are caps.

Oximega is without question the best tasting of the bunch. It's not even in the same class. It tastes downright good, with no qualification needed.

As far as nutrition, Barleans, and Amazing Greens seem to take the 'lets throw a bunch of green powdered stuff in there and call it a day' approach. Which is great, greens are awesome. We all need more greens. Trader Joes has the greens, but also a nice antioxidant profile, with fruits, green tea, curcumin, etc. Mycogreen takes a totally different tack, and adds in all kind of good mushroom extracts, which are potent immune system boosters and anti-cancer agents; if you want a winter immune product, or the anti-cancer effects, I'd choose Mycogreen.

OxiMega is interesting. It's the greens, of course, and fruits, which is awesome, but it also specifically includes some stuff to increase cardio-vascular health and endurance/recovery:

The second component of Orange OxiMega™ is a true sports greens product, which is the first of its kind. This is no ordinary greens product; it has additional complexes geared towards real athletes. The “Cardiovascular Complex” is full of nitrate donor vegetables, including a potent dose of red beet root, which have been shown to increase endurance, nitric oxide levels and cardiovascular health in exercising humans in a clinical setting. The key to these vegetables are the nitrates that are found in them and illicit this effect when they come in contact with the human tongue and GI tract. The enzyme, probiotic and anti-oxidant blends will help the body absorb and utilize the highest level of nutrients from your diet and supplementation for maximum results.
Very interesting. I'm curious to see how long term use pans out.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, CL: is this stuff actually capable of providing increased pumps during a workout? Should I dose pre-workout for this effect, or is it an overall long term vascular change?

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
My Oximega arrived today, thanks Controlled Labs.

I was going to get all fancy with the log, but I gotta cut straight to the point:

Holy **** this stuff tastes AWESOME! I've seen the comments in other logs, and never in my wildest dreams imagined it would taste as damn good as it does. Smell is earthy, taste is a knockout, 10 out of ten in straight water. Unbelievable.

The fish oil is meh smelling, but definitaly a cut about your garden variety fish oil caps, but the quality is outstanding.
I forgot to add: I took my first sip, and was so caught off guard, that I grabbed the box to see what artificial sweeteners are used.

None. That's just wrong. Other companies need to take note. I want more of that.
excellent, thanks for posting up all of the feedback. :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just whipped up a serving in water for my 4yo and 8yo, split it for em, and handed it to them. They loved it! That's insane.

My wife, however, hated it. But she's finicky. :D

suresha

Awards
  • Established
i'm going to look into that too, poison, the product most definitely looks righteous. as soon as my pockets allow me to that'll be my next purchase. definitely a good look blessing the kids with some, i'll consider that as well. keep up the good work, health is wealth

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, suresha! I recommend Oximega, it's excellent. PM sent, btw. :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Oximega Fish Oil is on wheycheap today!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far I've convinced a couple people on another (non-fitness) site to buy Oximega.

I'm enjoying it very much. I went to judo on Monday, came back thirsty as hell, and threw a scoop in 12oz of cold water. I expected the flavor and sweetness to be weak, but it was awesome, very refreshing! I really don't know what magic they used for the flavor and sweetener, it's good with nearly any protein, any ratio of water, etc.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Keep this up :D.

I might have something else for ya bud :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This stuff is like a refreshing drink after a hard workout, with or without protein. Sometimes I feel like something cold, sweet, and wet after working out, and this stuff fits the bill. Nice that it's not a fruity flavor, too.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far so good! I'm 'regular', I'm enjoying the taste very much, and my mind is at ease knowing I'm aiding my overall health. I love the potent dose of fish oil, 2 caps and I'm done!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This stuff is like a refreshing drink after a hard workout, with or without protein. Sometimes I feel like something cold, sweet, and wet after working out, and this stuff fits the bill. Nice that it's not a fruity flavor, too.
It does. I used to drink alot of sugary drinks before taking my diet seriously, and the Oximega has completely become a healthy replacement to that for me.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup. It's great, too, how it isn't to sweet in 4oz of water, or too weak in 12oz. Weird but true.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup. It's great, too, how it isn't to sweet in 4oz of water, or too weak in 12oz. Weird but true.
I actually was thinking that yesterday. When I am not including it in a shake, it is usually in about 12oz of water. Yesterday, I was going to the gym after work and usually like to have it digested previous to gym, so I had to take it at work.

Unfortunately, we have a water machine and the smaller cups that accompany it, and I had no bottle with me. So I dropped a scoop into probably 5-6oz of water and it still tasted good, I was expecting overkill.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
I feel like it needs 8-10oz of water with two scoops... anything less than that and it starts getting that "too sweet" taste to it.

Otherwise, this stuff is as good as advertised and better! I'm glad I pulled the trigger and got the Oximega & Orange Triad.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like it needs 8-10oz of water with two scoops... anything less than that and it starts getting that "too sweet" taste to it.

Otherwise, this stuff is as good as advertised and better! I'm glad I pulled the trigger and got the Oximega & Orange Triad.
Yea I definitly prefer more water, but when stuck with no choice it could have been significantly worse.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys are doing 2 scoops at once? I'm doing 1-2 a day, split, and depending on my diet. If I get good veggies in, I do one, if not, 2.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Email me (dracoy[@]controlledlabs.com]

Need to ask you about this opportunity :)

BTW just pop Oximega into oatmeal and it tastes fine covered by protein powder :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Email me (dracoy[@]controlledlabs.com]

Need to ask you about this opportunity :)

BTW just pop Oximega into oatmeal and it tastes fine covered by protein powder :)
email sent!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm fighting off a cold or something. I've been dosing Oximega twice a day, and so far t's not taking hold, despite working 16 hour days and getting little sleep.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm nearing the end of my bottle of greens. I just had a short, intense workout (barefoot run, alternating bench and tbar rows, deadlift) on an empty stomach, just got home, threw 2 scoops vanilla protein, a cup of whole wheat pastry flour, and a scoop of Oximega in. It tasted like a vanilla mint brownie, covering up the raw flour flavor very well.