Capn's tenderizing muscles on Muscle Marinade (sponsored log)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I'VE BEEN CHOSEN TO RUN THE BRAND NEW PRE-WORKOUT PRODUCT FROM PURUS LABS- MUSCLE MARINADE.

HERE'S A LITTLE WRITE-UP THAT I FOUND FOR MUSCLE MARINADE:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The preworkout category has long been riddled with ineffective, underdosed products lacking scientific validation. Companies do zero research yet pump tons of marketing dollars into convincing consumers their product is the best available. Typically, they design lengthy and purposely confusing nutrition panels, haphazardly concoct pixie dust proprietary blends masking their cheap formulas, and load half the container with filler attempting to fool consumers into thinking they are getting more.
Consider Muscle Marinade™ the anomaly. It was systematically forged from science and research by real scientists and athletes, boasting an ensemble of performance enhancing and recovery stimulating ingredients supported by peer reviewed and published human scientific data. Taking it a step further, Muscle Marinade™ includes the clinically supported effective dosage of each ingredient in every one scoop serving. NO OTHER COMPANY’S PRODUCT can match these claims. All facets of exercise performance and recovery are addressed within our formula including increasing high intensity power output and muscular work, boosting mental acuity, enhancing fluid balance and hydration, reducing cortisol and free radical damage, enhancing cellular immunity, and facilitating maximal post exercise protein synthesis.
Marketing does not propel or sustain our products; Efficacy and Results do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is just my quick intro to the log. i just received it yesterday, and will start on it today- overall, i'm very excited to try this product from one of the new forerunners in supplement innovations, PURUS LABS.

(A QUICK NOTE HERE: I'VE USED BASICALLY EVERY PRE W.O. PRODUCT ON THE PLANET... AND THERE ARE MANY THAT I WAS COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED WITH... SO JUST MAKING SURE THAT IT'S KNOWN THAT THIS LOG IS COMPLETELY NON-BIAS, BECAUSE I FEEL PURUS LABS DESERVES FAIR AND HONEST FEEDBACK ON THEIR PRODUCT AND HOW IT EFFECTS ME, AND ME ONLY, IN THIS LOG)
.​

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
PRODUCT RATING:

rating scale will be from 1-5, with 5 being BAD-A$$... and 1 being MUSCLETECH ;)

TASTE- 5

I'm on the Purus Punch flavor. The taste is very pleasant. i would drink this flavor all day. it's almost like kool-aid or a crystal light. gives me tasty burps :) This is a product i look forward to drinking before every workout... almost planning to work out JUST to drink it.. haha

PUMP- 4

good pumps... nothing crazy, but i dont need anything crazy... just right imo... i dont care about pumps so hardcore that they hurt and make grown men cry big boy tears and all that jazz... this product is obviously intelligently designed to give you exactly whats needed, no under-dosing, and no throwing mass amounts of random ingredients in to make the label look insane.

FOCUS- 5

intense! the focus that this product facilitates is spot-on! serious 'blinders on' effect here! very pleased with this. with a potent blend of caff and 1,3 dim, it's definitely in the realm of a "stim lovers" delight.

ENDURANCE- 5

once again like focus, the endurance was excellent. i repeatedly find myslef looking at another machine or bench to hop on fully prepared to blast thru more and more sets, long after my wrokut should be over... becareful not to over-train on this stuff!

OVERALL- 5

all-in-all, Muscle Marinade so far has been a top-notch pre-workout product for me, and from what i've heard from Purus Labs, this product is designed for the long haul... none of this building-a-tolerance crap that some products have, where you run the product for a week, and then it does nothing for you there after. if this entire log goes as it has so far, Purus has a loyal customer here... but we will wait and see :silly: so keep an eye on my log progress, and stay around for the final review!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

Muscle Marinade is, by far, the most complete pre-workout formula that i have used. sure, there are those preworkouts that give you ridonkulous pumps, and others that are just based on massive amounts of stims, but nothing else to actually benefit you during your workout. i'm completely satisfied with the fact that Muscle Marinade has everything that you need in a pre-workout, and nothing that you don't need. Another strong point is that Muscle Marinade actually tastes good! there are some products that say "yes it does this and that, and if you're hardcore taste doesnt matter!..", well hell, if you can make a product that does what you need it to do and meet all advertised claims, and it tastes like a refreshing, sugary drink (without the tonnes of sugar)?? you got a winner, Purus Labs.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
my workout splits are usually as follows:

chest/tris/abs
back/bis
legs/abs
shoulders/traps

with HIIT cardio sprinkled in 3-4 days a week in the early AM.

nothing else will be added to my current supp routine, so i can get an accurate measure of Muscle Marinade's formula on my body.

my supps during this log are as follows:
Muscle Marinade (of course)
protein (gaspari myofusion and MP's Combat Powder)
Now ADAM multi
Betancourt creatine + joint support
fish oil
bulk BCAAs
bulk Cissus RX

my diet will stay relative clean, with tuna and chicken breast as staples, along with plenty of brocolli, spinach, pb, and ff cottage cheese. trying to keep carb intake early (oatmeal etc) in the day... and moderate.

today will be shoulders and traps. i'm looking forward to today's workout, because i've laid off shoulders for a few weeks due to a slight strain.

i think it will be perfect to introduce Muscle Marinade into my routine today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to see they picked you for this-i trust your judgement!

now, give it hell.:439:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok here's my 1st workout on Muscle Marinade:

i slammed MM about 25 minutes before my 1st set. almost immediately started to feel the BA tingles on my lips... love it.

i've read concerns about the caffiene amount in it, but i through my whole workout feld very focused and energized. i'm used to heavy stims, so this is right up my alley.

crushed my shoulders... absolutely demolished them. felt fantastic. now, i take into consideration that this could partially be placebo effect due to my excitement in trying this new product, but i have tried many a new product, and only a small handful of PreWOs i've used have given me this kind of focus and energy.

after i completed my last excersize, my body wantd to do more (which can sometimes be dangerous) but i went ahead and squeezed out a set of bb military presses to fully fatigue my delts.

its now an hour after my workout, and i still feel great and energized... not too much as to where i cant concentrate on some work im doing... i'm pleased with my first workout on Muscle Marinade.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just how much caffeine we talking-what other stims are involved?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Win! For the first workout haha obviously a nice stim product is going to make people feel it working but this preworkout has longer term potential.

Bigt: Its actually a prop blend (for now) but Its caffeine (over 200) and 1,3 Dimeth (pretty high dose)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Win! For the first workout haha obviously a nice stim product is going to make people feel it working but this preworkout has longer term potential.

Bigt: Its actually a prop blend (for now) but Its caffeine (over 200) and 1,3 Dimeth (pretty high dose)
hell yeah Grambo, i look forward to it.

btw, im gonna include this in my ratings and final review, but the taste of Purus Punch flavor is great. it actually tastes like FRUIT PUNCH! not like other products that they call fruit punch because it's red, yet tastes nothing like something you would drink on purpose!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

that is what i am talking about- i aint one of those guys who shys away from a decent stim effect-i freakin love it.:439:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
bigt knows whats up! the 1,3 dim is like candy for my brain :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bigt knows whats up! the 1,3 dim is like candy for my brain :)
it's like since the slimx scandal company's got scared of making good stims-wtf.:dunno:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
today will be legs, and i'm excited about that... i LOVE leg day!!! when i finish a grueling leg workout, the sense of accomplishment i get cannot be matched.

now to hit legs on Muscle Marinade...

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
day 2 on Muscle Marinade: LEGS

once again, Muscle Marinade has done what it's said to do: provide me with the optimal doses of each ingredient to make sure i go into my workour primed and prepped for pushing a ton of plates!

I went from squats, to leg press, to modified hacks (emphasis on quads) to hammy curls, to finishing off with standing calve raises to exhaustion... and i'm quite satisfied again with the drive, focus, and endurance that Muscle Marinade provided me throughout the workout.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey capn, you going to dose every day or just pre-workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the look of this Cap..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

just pre-workouts... i dont think i could take this and NOT work out after!
hahaha, okay! i have not tried that many products that have that effect on me, lol. the reason i asked is that some products contain ing's that are best/most effective dosed daily.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could dose this everyday and some effects would accumulate. However like mentioned I've taken it and then randomly not gotten to workout...... It's horrible lol

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Grambo is correct.. when you feel Muscle Marinade kick in... you FEEL IT. :AR15firing: :censored:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Grambo is correct.. when you feel Muscle Marinade kick in... you FEEL IT. :AR15firing: :censored:
sounds like it is working well for you.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
today i'm hitting back with some trap work (they're lagging :( ) my back routine includes the staples: wide-grip PDs, seated rows, t-bar rows, db rows.

my traps are gonna be db shrugs and smith shrugs to finish them off.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok... my back workout was fantastic on the 'Nade (patent pending ;) ) !

i blasted though wide grip pd's, close grip pd's, seated rows, tbar rows, and straight-arm pull-downs (finishing off the lats)

what's crazy is, i felt so focused and strong, that i actually went into pyramiding up on each set- spur of the moment thing.. and it felt great! my back will hate me in the morning... :censored:

i had to skip traps due to time issues, but it was an extra traps routine i was gonna due anyways, so i'll fit it in tomorrow i think.

the 'Nade had me super focused, and the endurance boost was even more noticable today for me. i feel that my back needs to catch up to the rest of my body as far as size and width go, so i was extremely happy with my performance on MM today.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
today i squeezed in a quick but intense workout consisting of traps, abs, and calves.

prymiding up on db shrugs, and finishing the shrugs off on the seated shrug machine, then moved immediately to blasting thru 3 sets of 30 crunches with emphasis on negs (2-3 seconds) and hanging leg raises to finish it off.

i ended the workout with heavy standing calve raises 'til exhaustion.

MM provided me with the endurance and focus of pushing thru the traps, abs (which i despise btw) and calves.

i'm seriously considering making MM a staple in my preWO rotation. this stuff is a legit product, and has done what Purus Labs has said it would so far.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
update:

i took yesterday and today off to rest, tomorrow i dont work- so it's gonna be a balls-to-the-wall legs day tomorrow!!!... time to really put Muscle Marinade to the test!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
update:

i took yesterday and today off to rest, tomorrow i dont work- so it's gonna be a balls-to-the-wall legs day tomorrow!!!... time to really put Muscle Marinade to the test!!!!
leg day always puts a supplement to the test.-good luck, and enjoy the rest days! the weather here in indy is beautiful, was able to take my dog for a run.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
leg day always puts a supplement to the test.-good luck, and enjoy the rest days! the weather here in indy is beautiful, was able to take my dog for a run.
thanks bro, yeah i'm fortunate to be in sunny San Diego :smirk: my dogs get plenty of dog park time

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks bro, yeah i'm fortunate to be in sunny San Diego :smirk: my dogs get plenty of dog park time
when i was in the navy i spent 3 months at balboa navy hospital-i used to walk across the street to balboa park almost everyday-before i found mission beach-hotdam probably the most beautiful women i have ever seen there-i really, truly envy you.

lucky dog, lol.:smite:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should be trolling the Mission Beach shores for the 4th of July. I love SD and try to visit as often as possible.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I should be trolling the Mission Beach shores for the 4th of July. I love SD and try to visit as often as possible.
i am permanently banned from the city of san diego and surrounding suburbs and beaches. but i may try hiring a coyote to sneak me in from the mexican side.:drive:

in all honesty, san diego is a fantastic place! man those women are soooo hot!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok ladies... i went nucking futs on Friday!!!

i hit legs AND chest (just to squeeze in an extra chest day for the week... felt i needed it).. and i hit it HARD.. ended up pulling off 5 reps @ 315 on deads belt-free... hammies and lower back felt good and strong... and thats big weight for me, considering i've had lingering lower back issues. the Muscle Marinade was slammed approx 20 minutes before my 1st set of the workout... and i was already feeling the effects @ 15 minutes to the point where i NEEDED to start moving weight!... maybe because it had been a few hours since my last meal?...

i was so proud of my workout that i treated myslef to a massage that day :) my wife would be jealous cuz i didnt tell or invite her :sad6:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all the reviews of mm look really good.:cheers:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope that massage had a happy ending like your workout. Good stuff Cap!!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i was able to KO my shoulders last night...

i didnt get to fit in a workout til 7 pm, so i actually modified the serving size and just took about 2/3 scoop to see if i could still get all the benefits without the sleepless nights that have been reported by a logger...

it did the job! ripped thru my shoulders and traps to the point where i had to rest my arms on a machine between sets cuz the burn was so damn intense!...

the good news with this trial of a lower serving size- no restless sleep at all! was in bed by 10:30 and fell asleep promptly. nice sleep too... no restlessness or awaking during the night.

kmcart

Awards
Great news to hear about you not having trouble sleeping, that was really my only concern. But considerng I've already placed my order guess I wasn't too worried ;)

kmcart

Awards
Tried any cardio on it capn? I'm looking to improve my times for an obstacle race and I'm wondering if this would help, or would I be better trying something like jack3d for the cardio?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Tried any cardio on it capn? I'm looking to improve my times for an obstacle race and I'm wondering if this would help, or would I be better trying something like jack3d for the cardio?
i haven't because i only want to use it for lifting sessions... but i may try it for HIIT sessions... :drive:

i'd say try it for a few days for lifting, and then trial it during your cardio... mayde Grambo will chime in :)

kmcart

Awards
Thanks capn for the advice sounds like that's what ill do, and of course I'm happy to hear any of grambo's chiming :)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
today was a good ol' "meat 'n' potatoes" workout... chest & tris. i went back to 1 full scoop because i got into the gym @ 9am with plenty of time to burn thru the MM effects. no supersets today until the end, when i finished with single-arm reverse tri pressdowns and squeezed in sets of machine shrugs for my lagging traps in between. Muscle Marinade continues to give me the full effects. my body is not building a tolerance, as far as i can tell... and the workouts are as intense as the very 1st dose...

Grambo told me that the long-lasting effects are one of this product's benefits. it's still early though... and my final review will eventually shed more light on this.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks capn for the advice sounds like that's what ill do, and of course I'm happy to hear any of grambo's chiming :)
I have not personally used it for strictly cardio. It has helped me blow through some post workout cardio pretty nicely though. I think it may depend on how stimulants react with a person. What kind of cardio in particular?

kmcart

Awards
I have not personally used it for strictly cardio. It has helped me blow through some post workout cardio pretty nicely though. I think it may depend on how stimulants react with a person. What kind of cardio in particular?
Well definitely some HIIT but I'm also look to largely increase my overall endurance and especially my 5k time for this upcoming obstacle race. Will I get the full effects from the MM for this or would it be just as well saving it for my lift days and something else for the cardio?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok i couldnt get to a computer this weekend, but i had two great workouts sat & sun

did back + bis on sat and did legs (powerlifter style with deads & squats, also leg presses and modified hacks to hit the quads... gotta work on my sweeps!!)

the workouts were great, a full scoop of Marinade still doing the job for me. no need for more, which is awesome because the tub lasts much longer, and i'm all about that!!!

today i'm actually gonna do some HIIT on it to answer questions of the effectiveness and usefulness of Marinade for cardio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
capnsavem Supplement Logs 15