Purus Muscle Marinade - Joebo(Sponsored)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
First off a big thanks to Purus for giving me this opportunity. I love trying new pre-workout mixes, but typically stick to the few that work for me and I like. Prior to Muscle Marinade, I was using iForce Maximze, Vasocharge, Anadraulic State, and Methyl Mass(cheap at NP). I'm not gonna bore you with details that mean nothing with this type of supplement, nor give this thread a stupid name that make the actual product hard to find when scrolling through the forum. God, why does everything feel the need to make a stupid title....

Taste Taste was actually spot on. I got Grape Juice and its actually the first flavored product which actually tastes like its name. It tastes exactly like grape juice.

Pump Great pump, although its not a big deal to me. I know many people like to get the biggest pump possible. This surely will not dissappoint.

Strength Obviously nothing ground breaking here, but my workout was extremely solid and felt good all around. Slighly better workout than normal.

Energy In my eyes, this could be the deal breaker for the product. I think they went overboard in the stim. I took the product around 7pm last night and I still feel the effects this morning 13hrs later. I can say with certainty that many people will not be able to buy this product due to the stim content in this. I'm going to cut down my serving size which sucks because now I can' get the full amount of other ingredients. I couldn't even eat last night because I was so stimmed out. To be honest if this doesn't get better, I will have to pass this product on to someone else. Very dissapointed due to a potentially great product, but someone had to go overboard and may have ruined the product for a great mass of people who would love to use it. I got really no sleep last night, could not eat, and now feel cracked out this morning.

Seriouly though, 380mg of caffeine?? Is this really necessary?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Additionally, this stuff made me feel so bad that I'm not even going to be able to make it a full day of work. I've put in a 1/2 sick day due to the ill effects this product has left me with from yesterday yet. Stomach is tight, overall feeling a bit queezy, still can not eat like I normally would. I'm not even sensitive to stims. Unless this is not mixed evenly and I happened to get an abundance of stim in my does, this product is just not going to fit anywhere on my shelves. I will give it one more try at 1/2 dose, then probably pass it along to another member to finish this log.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
so what are you going to do with the rest of your product?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
so what are you going to do with the rest of your product?
I'm going to give it another shot or two, but on the weekend when I don't work the next day. If I feel I can't continue the log I will see what Purus would like me to do with the remaining product. I don't wish the way I feel right now on anyone though. It actually pisses me off that such a great profile possibly is ruined by an insanely high content of caffeine.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
really glad I read your log man, I WAS going to buy this and try it...but after hearing their is that much stim in it, there is no freaking way Ill try it...I work out at 4pm and try to go to bed by 1030, with taking NO shotgun I have slight trouble sleeping, as it is and that only has roughly 200mgs of caffine...I would be a freaking insomniac on MM...You saved me 50 bucks man... thanks!!!!!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
really glad I read your log man, I WAS going to buy this and try it...but after hearing their is that much stim in it, there is no freaking way Ill try it...I work out at 4pm and try to go to bed by 1030, with taking NO shotgun I have slight trouble sleeping, as it is and that only has roughly 200mgs of caffine...I would be a freaking insomniac on MM...You saved me 50 bucks man... thanks!!!!!
I have no issues with stims in NO-Shotgun and can come home from the gym, eat and go right to sleep. I feel like garbage today and will miss a work out because of it.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I have felt like that before and it just ruins your day! Sometimes I wish I could work out at 6am so I could take whatever and not have to worry about losing sleep! Such as life though...Hope you feel better man

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your honest review. Most sponsered reviews are not very subjective IMO. I workout in the evenings so I don't want anything that overstimulates me. Good review.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your honest review. Most sponsered reviews are not very subjective IMO. I workout in the evenings so I don't want anything that overstimulates me. Good review.
Honestly though, even sleeping aside.... I'm talking 15hrs later and still feel abnormal.... If I took this in the AM, I would still feel like crap at night... Like i said, I'll give it another shot on half dose to see what its like. Don't get me wrong, I had a great workout, but its not worth it if your next day is shot. 200-250mg of caffeine would have been plenty. The only other product I can recall that made me feel this way, but not nearly as bad as this was Dymatize Energized Xpand. Again, maybe this is someones cup of tea, but the stim content in this product without a doubt is going to kill sales..... I highly advise Purus to reformulate that portion of the product. Every other aspect seems killer!

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
First off a big thanks to Purus for giving me this opportunity. I love trying new pre-workout mixes, but typically stick to the few that work for me and I like. Prior to Muscle Marinade, I was using iForce Maximze, Vasocharge, Anadraulic State, and Methyl Mass(cheap at NP). I'm not gonna bore you with details that mean nothing with this type of supplement, nor give this thread a stupid name that make the actual product hard to find when scrolling through the forum. God, why does everything feel the need to make a stupid title....

Taste Taste was actually spot on. I got Grape Juice and its actually the first flavored product which actually tastes like its name. It tastes exactly like grape juice.

Pump Great pump, although its not a big deal to me. I know many people like to get the biggest pump possible. This surely will not dissappoint.

Strength Obviously nothing ground breaking here, but my workout was extremely solid and felt good all around. Slighly better workout than normal.

Energy In my eyes, this could be the deal breaker for the product. I think they went overboard in the stim. I took the product around 7pm last night and I still feel the effects this morning 13hrs later. I can say with certainty that many people will not be able to buy this product due to the stim content in this. I'm going to cut down my serving size which sucks because now I can' get the full amount of other ingredients. I couldn't even eat last night because I was so stimmed out. To be honest if this doesn't get better, I will have to pass this product on to someone else. Very dissapointed due to a potentially great product, but someone had to go overboard and may have ruined the product for a great mass of people who would love to use it. I got really no sleep last night, could not eat, and now feel cracked out this morning.

Seriouly though, 380mg of caffeine?? Is this really necessary?
How much do you think would be the sweet spot?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could try taking it earlier in the day in preparation for you workout. I will take Jacked at 4pm for my Ypm workout so I can assure myself of a good sleep. The first time I take a product that's always the worst for long lasting effects, the second time is always much better. One other thing that I do when taking a new product like this is take it on the weekend when I sleep time is more flexible so it gives me a chance to climatize yourself to the product.

Thanks for the honest review, I know to be cautious and you just saved me some potential dificulty.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be cool if you had a supplement with all these ingredients in it and then had your stim caps on the side to stim up to your liking.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
You could try taking it earlier in the day in preparation for you workout. I will take Jacked at 4pm for my Ypm workout so I can assure myself of a good sleep. The first time I take a product that's always the worst for long lasting effects, the second time is always much better. One other thing that I do when taking a new product like this is take it on the weekend when I sleep time is more flexible so it gives me a chance to climatize yourself to the product.

Thanks for the honest review, I know to be cautious and you just saved me some potential dificulty.

I'm really hoping that is the case because I was so stoked to use this product based on the actual listing of each ingredient, so this has got me really bummed. Like I said earlier, I think 200-275mg of caffeine would have been plenty. I'm going to workout tomorrow in the afternoon and see how I make out on the Muscle Marinade.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm really hoping that is the case because I was so stoked to use this product based on the actual listing of each ingredient, so this has got me really bummed. Like I said earlier, I think 200-275mg of caffeine would have been plenty. I'm going to workout tomorrow in the afternoon and see how I make out on the Muscle Marinade.
Let me know how it goes... I think it will be better this time but yah i agree about the caffeine. I don't drink coffee so I have to be pretty sensitive to it. I am still waiting for mine to come in.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
btw i'm a stim junkie so this is pretty much on par as far as stims go for me on a preWO (stack or otherwise)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like my stims as well but all 380 in one dose is pretty high. That might be my daily total..

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
lol- i love my stupid titles!
I wan't talking about anyone's in particular, but when you are searching for product reviews and logs, it would be much easier if people just put what they are logging in the title rather than some corny saying. Be funny and creative in the thread, but leave the title easily searchable.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I wan't talking about anyone's in particular, but when you are searching for product reviews and logs, it would be much easier if people just put what they are logging in the title rather than some corny saying. Be funny and creative in the thread, but leave the title easily searchable.
fair enough, joebo. :raincloud:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Update
So I had two good workouts on saturday and sunday. I cut the dose down to somewhere between half and 3/4 a scoop. I didn't get the same adverse effect, but it was still a different feeling than i'm used to. I'm hoping like Dreamweaver said, my body becomes more accustomed to the product and I can work my way up to full dose because I'm having killer workouts on it.

In retrospect.... What I felt was definitely not from caffeine. I saw mentioned it has a hefty dose of 1,3 dim. I'm honestly not too familiar with the compound what type of stim effect does this have? I have a feeling the effects I was feeling was from this not the caffeine.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Update
So I had two good workouts on saturday and sunday. I cut the dose down to somewhere between half and 3/4 a scoop. I didn't get the same adverse effect, but it was still a different feeling than i'm used to. I'm hoping like Dreamweaver said, my body becomes more accustomed to the product and I can work my way up to full dose because I'm having killer workouts on it.

In retrospect.... What I felt was definitely not from caffeine. I saw mentioned it has a hefty dose of 1,3 dim. I'm honestly not too familiar with the compound what type of stim effect does this have? I have a feeling the effects I was feeling was from this not the caffeine.
This what I was afraid of man… Come on man this stuff sound like it needs fing Warning If you take a full dose you my never sleep and eat or you may need to go to the ER….. I am passing on this!!! You might want to mix it with a none stim Pre workout like premax or rag… YOU JUST FREAKED ME OUT ABOUT BUYING THIS>>>>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HONEST

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me what this.. I work for the NEJM and I am being looking into the profile of Muscle Marinade it looks great but they are couple things I can not find any info on...

Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex

But
Sympathomimetic drugs mimic the effects of sympathetic activation on the heart and
circulation. Like the sympathetic nerves innervating the heart, sympathomimetics stimulate the heart through activation of beta-adrenoceptors, and sympathomimetics cause vascular smooth muscle contraction and vasoconstriction through activation of alpha-adrenoceptors. Included in the list of sympathomimetic drugs are beta-adrenoceptor agonists and alpha-adrenoceptor agonists. Some sympathomimetics stimulate the release of norepinephrine from sympathetic nerves in addition to their receptor agonist activities.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Been reading other reviews from other sites and read several that refer to the product as great during workout, but feel like they are on adderall afterwords and can't fall asleep until 4-6am. Half doses seem to work ok with me, so I'll get twice as many servings, but only have the ingredinets so its a catch 22.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been reading other reviews from other sites and read several that refer to the product as great during workout, but feel like they are on adderall afterwords and can't fall asleep until 4-6am. Half doses seem to work ok with me, so I'll get twice as many servings, but only have the ingredinets so its a catch 22.
Thanks again Joe, I will start at half and work my way up as well...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again Joe, I will start at half and work my way up as well...
I'm interested in hearing your initial thoughts. I can handle the stim and it really gives my workouts an awesome edge, but I do cherish being able to sleep.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm interested in hearing your initial thoughts. I can handle the stim and it really gives my workouts an awesome edge, but I do cherish being able to sleep.
My worst fear with stim products...

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I am normally stim resistant but 1,3 dime winds me up tighter than a "tick turd" and makes me quite irritable.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am normally stim resistant but 1,3 dime winds me up tighter than a "tick turd" and makes me quite irritable.
It is very good to me, about the only stim besides low dose caffeine I ever been able to handle..

P

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
This has been interesting Joebo, thanks. I am completely stim bulletproof 100% so I find what you say exciting and a good thing! (for me)
Good honest stuff mate, cheers.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Update
Had a great chest workout last night. Added a few reps to my flat bench. I really like the effects this is giving me in the gym, however, again last night even at 3/4 dose I had some difficulties falling asleep and today I just feel tired and beaten. This product is really great for me and also really horrible. I guess i just respond really well to the 1,3 dim. Provides me with killer workouts, but horrible sleep. Its really kind of counter productive. I'm going to keep up with using it to see if strength keeps going up at the same rate. Its odd to hear the other loggers on this board say the stim isn't too strong, but yet all the unsponsored reviews i've read say its way too much.....

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Update
Had a great chest workout last night. Added a few reps to my flat bench. I really like the effects this is giving me in the gym, however, again last night even at 3/4 dose I had some difficulties falling asleep and today I just feel tired and beaten. This product is really great for me and also really horrible. I guess i just respond really well to the 1,3 dim. Provides me with killer workouts, but horrible sleep. Its really kind of counter productive. I'm going to keep up with using it to see if strength keeps going up at the same rate. Its odd to hear the other loggers on this board say the stim isn't too strong, but yet all the unsponsored reviews i've read say its way too much.....
the stim is definitely strong, joebo.. but i work out early or mid day, so i dont have an issue with sleep... plus, i've had a very high stim tolerance ever since i can remember... you know as well as i do every single person is different as far as how a certian ingredient or supplement effects him or her.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
the stim is definitely strong, joebo.. but i work out early or mid day, so i dont have an issue with sleep... plus, i've had a very high stim tolerance ever since i can remember... you know as well as i do every single person is different as far as how a certian ingredient or supplement effects him or her.
Absolutely.... I guess a lot more people than I think work out in the mornings. If I worked out early afternoon the stim would certainly not be a problem, but since I work til 4pm and don't get to the gym til almost 8pm, its typically not a concern, but with this product it is. Other than the original Jacked, nothing has kept me awake at night like this product has.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I've haven't had the time in the past few days to get online, but wanted to provide an update. I'm still sticking to about 3/4 of a scoop and I've been having extremely good workouts. I can honestly say that the product has brought my workouts to a much more intense level. I'm hoping to make it to the gym earlier this weekend and try a full scoop and see how I make out. If you can deal with the 1,3 dim then I think you will find it hard to touch this supplement as far as its performance. I just wish I wasn't so damn sensitive to it, but my body seems to be adjusting slowly.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've haven't had the time in the past few days to get online, but wanted to provide an update. I'm still sticking to about 3/4 of a scoop and I've been having extremely good workouts. I can honestly say that the product has brought my workouts to a much more intense level. I'm hoping to make it to the gym earlier this weekend and try a full scoop and see how I make out. If you can deal with the 1,3 dim then I think you will find it hard to touch this supplement as far as its performance. I just wish I wasn't so damn sensitive to it, but my body seems to be adjusting slowly.
Well a jug last you longer... I adjusted pretty quick but the first time it was damn strong.