Tat's NutraPlanet WHEY Review

tattoopierced1

I was one of the lucky chosen to review NP's new Whey protein they have coming out. I was waiting for NP to finally come out with their own protein, and the day has finally arrived.

I tried the first flavor today and will post up my reviews of the other flavors as I try them out throughout the week.

Lime

I tried this first, as I thought this would be my least favorite flavor of the bunch that was sent to me. I am going to mix the fruit flavors with water, and the vanilla and chocolate flavors with skim milk. I opened up the package of lime flavor, and it smells just like lime, leading me to believe it was going to be a strong, overpowering taste. I mix it up in my blender bottle and within 3-4 shakes it was completely mixed without clumps.. there is bonus number 1. I take a sip of it, and to my surprise, it is very mild and really good tasting. The lime flavor is not overpowering at all, and is quite refreshing to the taste. One would think that a lime flavored protein would be hard to get taste right without being overpowering, but it is very very good. Think a mild lemon-lime gatorade powder.

Consistency was smooth as silk, I got no clumps in it what so ever, and mixed it with about 8oz of water.

Very excited to try the other flavors out, so sub to this to check on the other flavors.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review tat. I keep seeing the smoothness of the mixability. That is a huge bonus IMO

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds awesome. Thanks for review. I heard they are aiming for the end of the month to release this.

I too am skeptical of fruit flavored protein, I usually go for chocolate/mint/vanilla types, but based on your review could give it a try. I wouldn't mix it with milk though so thats a downfall to the fruit flavored ones, probably still stick to a more regular style flavor.

tattoopierced1

Great review tat. I keep seeing the smoothness of the mixability. That is a huge bonus IMO
Absolutely, that is the first thing that really stood out to me. With most powders, there is always some degree of a clump or two, but there were literally ZERO in this.

tattoopierced1

Sounds awesome. Thanks for review. I heard they are aiming for the end of the month to release this.

I too am skeptical of fruit flavored protein, I usually go for chocolate/mint/vanilla types, but based on your review could give it a try. I wouldn't mix it with milk though so thats a downfall to the fruit flavored ones, probably still stick to a more regular style flavor.
I'm the same way, but I'd def. buy a lime 2lber of this stuff to keep my tastebuds active and not get used to the same ol same ol. I usually dread mixing things with water, but this was really really good.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the same way, but I'd def. buy a lime 2lber of this stuff to keep my tastebuds active and not get used to the same ol same ol. I usually dread mixing things with water, but this was really really good.
Thanks for response. Tried to rep you, but have done so to recently, haha apparently your responses have been pretty good for me.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Tatt...thanks for the review so far...Here's a basic nutritional breakdown...

Serving Size: 28.40 grams
Servings per Container: ~80

Calories
Calories from Fat
Total Fat
1 g

Saturated Fat
1 g

Trans Fat
0 g
Cholesterol
21 mg

Total Carbohydrate
1 g

Dietary Fiber
1 g

Sugars
1 g

Calcium
144 mg

Phosphorus
78 mg

Sodium
36 mg

Potassium
151 mg

Protein
22 g

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for response. Tried to rep you, but have done so to recently, haha apparently your responses have been pretty good for me.
I took care of that for you...LOL!

Hey Tatt, I wasn't brave enough to try the Lime flavor but I'm glad you did :D

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Tatt...thanks for the review so far...Here's a basic nutritional breakdown...

Serving Size: 28.40 grams
Servings per Container: ~80

Calories
Calories from Fat
Total Fat
1 g

Saturated Fat
1 g

Trans Fat
0 g
Cholesterol
21 mg

Total Carbohydrate
1 g

Dietary Fiber
1 g

Sugars
1 g

Calcium
144 mg

Phosphorus
78 mg

Sodium
36 mg

Potassium
151 mg

Protein
22 g
Is it WPI, WPC, blend....?

tattoopierced1

I took care of that for you...LOL!

Hey Tatt, I wasn't brave enough to try the Lime flavor but I'm glad you did :D
thats kinda why i decided to use it first, but now I wish I had more!! Try it, you wont be disappointed.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
RXP, This is a whey blend. Should be able to order some within about 3 weeks. Putting the finishing touches on label design....and processing input from our beta testers. Other than those last few small details, we're ready to roll.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
This sounds good but I have only one criticism that I have of most protein powders, is that one scoop equals 22 grams. They couldn't make it 20 just to be easier to get the round number servings going?

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
We haven't settled on an exact price yet, but I expect very few proteins out there to beat our pricing. (or our quality)

tattoopierced1

Peach Wasnt a big fan of the flavor, but mixability was the same as Lime, which was superb.

Fruit Punch Again, the flavor was alright, but out of all of the fruit flavors, Lime was the absolute best.

Chocolate Fan freaking tastic. My favorite whey protein chocolate has always been Scivation's chocolate, and this is just as good as that, but mixes up better. Lets hope NP sells this in big bulk, because I'm a customer for life with this stuff.

Last flavor to try is Vanilla, which I will be trying out tomorrow.

tattoopierced1

Strawberry Love this flavor as well, not too strong, not too mild, just right. All of the whey powders so far have been mixing unbelievably, honestly better than any other whey protein blend I've ever come across.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strawberry Love this flavor as well, not too strong, not too mild, just right. All of the whey powders so far have been mixing unbelievably, honestly better than any other whey protein blend I've ever come across.
This, to me, is the best selling point, even beyond the good flavor.

tattoopierced1

This, to me, is the best selling point, even beyond the good flavor.
Things have to at least taste somewhat decent for me no matter what, but I agree, mixability is a huge selling point when comparing different whey's. I'll skimp a bit on flavor (just barely) for better mixability.

tattoopierced1

Vanilla Today was my last packet of the sweet goodness that NP sent me. Vanilla was awesome. I still cant believe the mixability this whey protein has.. there has not been one single hint of a clump in my blender bottle on any of the samples they've sent.

We've got a winner folks.. NP is taking over the whey protein world by storm.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Awesome feedback, thanks for taking the time to post up your thoughts!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the feedback tat. Glad it went well for you

tattoopierced1

The real surprise of all the flavors was the Lime.. it was by far my favorite of the fruit flavors.

The chocolate rivaled Scivation's in taste which to me is one of the best tasting chocolate proteins out there, but NP's tasted just as good and mixed better.