MAPping my way to the future (a PP sponsored log)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

* Improves strength & recovery better than standard protein
* 2-3x more effective than whey or casein protein
* No artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors
* Tropical Mango – Lemon Lime – Strawberry Lemonade
* No lactose. No bloating. No cramping

Product Information

Amino Acid Injection

Muscles need amino acids to rebuild and grow.

Maximum Absorbed Protein (MAP) is the best way to get amino acids to your muscles. MAP delivers amino acids quickly and fully. It's the most efficient way to get them to your muscles, short of injecting.

No other protein or amino acid absorbs better than MAP. (1) The amino acids in MAP are carried right through the stomach walls without any digestion required.

Tiny Peptides -- A Clear Advantage

MAP is 100% pure pre-digested casein protein. This means that the casein protein has been broken down into small peptides of two or three amino acids. The amino acids in MAP absorb better than amino acids in single form (which make up 95% of the amino acid supplements on the market). (1)

When amino acids exist in short peptide form, they are water soluble. In fact, mixing pure MAP in water will result in a completely clear solution. If you mix whey or soy protein in water, you get a cloudy, chalky mix because these long chain proteins are not 100% water soluble.

The water solubility of peptides allows them to pass through the intestinal walls and absorb into the blood stream -

Maximum Absorbed Protein -- High in Leucine

Remember leucine? Leucine is the most important amino acid for increasing protein synthesis in the muscles. (2-4) MAP is one of the best sources of leucine you can take. Let me tell you why.

Each gram of leucine from MAP is absorbed 3x more efficiently than the leucine found in BCAA’s blends. (1) That’s because amino acid blends are single (free form) amino acids, while MAP amino acids are in peptide form.

Just take a look at the comparison below. Peptides are absorbed 2-3x better than free form amino acids or long chain proteins (whole food) -

Start Building Muscle in 30 Minutes

Research clearly shows MAP is the fastest and most fully absorbing protein on the market.

But what does this mean for lean muscle growth?

Taking MAP before exercise causes a rapid increase in amino acid levels in the blood.(6) A recent study showed that maintaining high levels of amino acids during exercise (by consuming MAP 30-60 minutes before exercise) reverses muscular protein breakdown and starts to stimulate the process of “muscle protein synthesis”, during exercise. (8)

MAP actually starts building muscle during your workouts.

Plus, when amino acid levels are elevated during exercise, it actually increases the muscle building potential after exercise. (7)

So in addition to maximizing muscle growth after exercise, supplementation with short chain peptides has been shown to promote recovery of muscle force better than regular whey or casein protein -

Refreshing Fruitiness, minus the Sugar

Besides the fact that MAP is the best source of amino acids, it's also one of the best tasting pre-digested proteins on the market.

To trick the tongue into thinking you are drinking mom's fresh squeezed summer time juice we fortified our MAP with freeze-dried fruit powder, and infused it with natural fruit flavors. To sweeten things up we added precise amounts of stevia and luo han guo extract -- 100% natural non-calorie sweeteners.

All together, this means MAP -

* Absorbs better than standard protein
* Absorbs better than free amino acids
* Enhances recovery & strength better than regular protein
* Increases protein synthesis within 30 minutes
* Low calorie (<52 calories)
* Low carb (<2g carbs)
* Low sugar (<2g sugar)
* 100% natural

Stay Smart

On your path to find a cheaper or superior product, be sure to carefully read the label. Although other products on the market may have “predigested” or “peptide based” protein, they are mostly filled with cheap forms of whey or soy protein and other undesirable fillers (plus loads of artificial sweeteners and colors).

Remember, our MAP is 100% pure hydrolyzed casein (PeptoPro® brand). No fillers. No junk.

Recommended Use:

Mix 1 level scoop (53cc) into 16 oz of cold water.

For best results, consume 1 serving before and 1 serving after intense exercise. Consume up to 6 times daily.

For best flavor, allow drink to sit 10-15 minutes after mixing.

After mixing, consume within a 6 hour period.

So thanks to PP and Trauma, I just got my mango flavored MAP in the mail. Initial thoughts : looks great, smaller sized container similar to intra-aid size.

There's 29 servings, so this log should be just over a month (i will not waste this on a non training day). My general protein intake is about 350g per day. I'm doing a slow recomp, which i expect to take 2 years, and I'm perfectly OK with that. My pre workout shake is 25g protein and 125g carbs, and I do the same thing post workout, so I'll be taking this intra-workout.

And yes, this is one of the very few times I'll do anything in caps :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1

so i mixed my mango MAP at 12:45, got ready for the gym, and hit the gym up at 1. first impressions :

mixes good. maybe a quarter gram of the 11g didn't mix, which is better than anything else i've thrown in a gatorade bottle and shook up. no blender, no spoon, just dump it in and shake.

taste.... not too bad. its definitely mango, no doubt. i really think i messed this up though. the directions say to take with 16oz of water, and i'm pretty sure i filled the gatorade bottle too high (around 20oz), because it had that aspartame bite at the end. i'm 90% sure that it was my fault, so i'll keep a very close eye on this tomorrow.

recovery - way too early to tell. maybe on friday.

tomorrow, once i figure out how to measure 16 oz of water, i'll do everything on a scale of 1-10. FYI, this product sells for 29.95 from PP's website.

the only thing i'm pseudo not keen on is the initials - MAP, which reminds me of muscle asylum project, so the thread header clearly states this is a PP product.

today i demolished my legs, did my 275 squats, and a widowmaker of 225. tried using a plate loaded leg machine to do front squats, mixed in some leg presses, leg extensions, and some SLDL's along with hammy curls. i should be sore through all of friday, so if i start recovering sooner, i'll let you guys know.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
awesome man :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome. Good luck with this, buddy! :)

-John

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Niice. How do you plan on using this in your daily routine?

UKStrength

Looks great mate, looking forward to your thoughts on this :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Niice. How do you plan on using this in your daily routine?
intra. MAP can be used preworkout, postworkout, or intra. i'm taking so much protein already pre and post that intra is the only logical choice.

meathed

meathed

Awards
intra. MAP can be used preworkout, postworkout, or intra. i'm taking so much protein already pre and post that intra is the only logical choice.
I really like this idea. Makes perfect sense to me.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
DAY 2

dosed it intra workout.

Taste : 6/10
its pretty decent, very mango tasting, still has a bite at the end. either its aspartamine (meaning it can be helped with less water), or its glutamine (impossible to be helped unless masked with some crystal light). i'll try mixing it with 12 oz of water tomorrow. i'm pretty sure by mixing it with the right amount of water i can make this taste much better, just not with what the label states.

Recovery : too early to tell

Mixability : 10/10
. still got some grains at the bottom, but again a quarter gram (at most) out of an 11g serving. this is with no blender, just dumped into a bottle and shook hard. pretty awesome for the intense lack of effort. this makes the last sip a little... grainy...

i'll blend it tomorrow with less water and see what gives.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice log thusfar my man. I think the Strawberry Lemonade is the best, but I'm not a fan of Mango either.

-John

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i like mango (as a fruit, and as juice) a lot, i'm just trying to figure out how to get around the bite at the end. if i can make it happen at 12 oz, i'll be a happy man :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log thusfar my man. I think the Strawberry Lemonade is the best, but I'm not a fan of Mango either.

-John
Man I cant wait to get my paws on this:D, hopefully tomorrow, or im going to the P.O :D

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like mango (as a fruit, and as juice) a lot, i'm just trying to figure out how to get around the bite at the end. if i can make it happen at 12 oz, i'll be a happy man :)
your only dosing one scoop right? IMO pretty impressive if one scoop is that strong of a flavor, usually flavors are minimum at a low dose..,

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
my workouts are 45 minutes max, so its hard to say. threw in 2 more exercises playing around with a front squat machine on day one (post 3) - my knee doesn't like doing the barbell front squat. got that done within the allotted time frame, so maybe my endurance increased and i didn't notice it? :dunno: should i kick my workouts up by 15 minutes to gauge this?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my workouts are 45 minutes max, so its hard to say. threw in 2 more exercises playing around with a front squat machine on day one (post 3) - my knee doesn't like doing the barbell front squat. got that done within the allotted time frame, so maybe my endurance increased and i didn't notice it? :dunno: should i kick my workouts up by 15 minutes to gauge this?
I would, or decrease your rest time inbetween sets , I don't stay in the gym more then about 80 mins..., I plan on dosing intra a few times once i get mine, I'm gaging it on recovery time, also in-between sets will be my biggest..

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dang. i overtrain when i push past the 60 minute mark. i don't know how you can do it. i'll add in a few new exercises to hit the 60 mark though.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dosed it with 12oz of water, and same bite at the end. i've narrowed it down to the high glutamine content (2.3g per serving). i'll try adding in something that i think will mask it on monday.

here's something very interesting of note. wednesday i trained legs. i'm usually sore through friday, and if not recovered by late friday night i'm recovered by saturday.

so friday around noonish, all my leg DOMS had gone, except for the part of my quads i had done front squats with. the front squats are a new addition, so i'd expect it to naturally be more sore. come saturday morning (yesterday), those DOMS were gone too.

Taste : 6/10
Mixability : 10/10
Recovery : 8/10
- from 60-72 hours recovery to 50. if you have recovery issues, this may be for you.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
DO you let your MAP Sit for 10 min? as it says on the tub?

I am going to use mine during my workout and I will mix IBCAA And MAP for my post drink.... sub in!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

back/bicep day. had an awesome workout. i'm not sure if MAP is giving me recovery intra workout since my protein intake is already high. what i am sure of is my recovery time from DOMS is decreasing by roughly 8-12 hours with any muscle group i'm training. so on a normal monday i'll work my way up to a heavy set of deads, and will be sore till sometime wednesday morning (today). instead my soreness was gone by the time i had dinner yesterday.

Day 6

did a chest/tri workout yesterday. vague increase in recovery intra workout, though again with my protein intake as high as it is, its very hard to notice. still, if your protein intake is lower than mine, the difference of MAP might be much more significant. mixed the mango with 1 tablespoon of condensed orange juice, and it was smooth sailing - no glutamine bite, just a great tasting drink. problem solved :)

Recovery : 9/10
i'm bumping this up a point because of the noted decrease of killer DOMS.
Mixability : 10/10 this is so easy to mix its ludicrous.

working legs later today :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job on your log here, Suncloud. The recovery aspects really are commendable. Keep up the good work, buddy. :)

-John

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
day 7

worked legs/forearms. another solid workout, normal increases. did a few sets of front squats again on the machine (my left knee won't balance the barbell for front squats), using both a narrow and wide stance. intra-workout, i am having very slight increases in recovery - got a few more sets off than i expected. DOMS from day 5 is gone, and DOMS from yesterday (chest/tri's) aren't very severe.

Day 8

this time i tried mixing MAP about 45 minutes before my workout. there was definitely less bite at the end of it, though it was still present. those of you that prefer low carbing MAP should let it sit longer than directed. if you don't mind the carbs and just want to use a tablespoon of orange concentrate, that works very well. on to the workout.

back/bi day again. i had my usual increases in reps, but i got done with my workout a bit quicker than usual - 4 minutes according to the clock. obviously i'm having some intra-recovery results, but the quickness of the DOMS going away is the most noticeable aspect. legs aren't doing too bad today, which is nice.

DAY 9 (today)

had some issues come up with a local dealer trying to get my girl to relapse. no gym today, which really ticks me off. i think i convinced him to stay far away however, so i'll hit up a chest day tomorrow and update. legs are almost at 100%, 54 hours after working them. front quads are more sore than the rest of my legs, but i've only worked them for 2 weeks now.

chest/tri's tomorrow, with an update.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
DAY 10

yesterday i got my chest/tri's worked out. got done about 5 minutes quicker than normal, so i added in a couple sets of dumbell pullovers. DOMS from all other muscle groups are gone, and this morning after working out my chest/tri's from yesterday they don't feel too bad. i'm sticking with mixing the MAP 45 minutes pre-workout as that's the best flavor i can get out of it as a stand alone. i can't frikken wait till tomorrow to tear my back up again. the noted decrease in DOMS at least to me is the most dramatic aspect of this product.

UKStrength

Loving some DOMs reduction! Always good if you compete in other sports as well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any updates, bro?

-John