Spring Cleaning the Kitchen Sink (LG, USP, MST, IBE and More!) Unspons.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you remain an active member of AM long enough, supplements develop an almost magical ability to "reproduce" in your cabinet. Whether through pre-release sale, liquidation, log opportunities, contest prizes, or mitosis (I could swear I caught some X-Dream dividing), my "stash" has grown consistently for months. Like a muscle-building tumor on the edge of my kitchen.

It's time to cut back that tumor. It's time for some spring cleaning.

So what's in my "Kitchen Sink"?

By brand:

LG:

BC+EAA - 12scoops intra-workout
Lipotropic Protein - 2scoops post-workout
GHenerate - 6sprays before bed
(BW will be using all these too)

USP:
Prime - 6 pre-workout, 3 w/dinner (69 protocol)
Anabolic Pump - 1 w/each meal
P-Slin - IDK, I got 1.5 containers and don't know what to do with it. Ideas?

MST:
ZMK - 4caps before bed
A whole slew of samples that I'll be trying from MST too!

IBE:
Formex - 1 ED or as I see fit
X-Lean - Depends on how many bottles BW gets

Plus the usual fish oil, creatine mono, ALCAR, D3 and B complex.

Whew! That's a lot; I don't normally run stacks of such magnitude, but my recent illness left with a 25lb deficit on my front squats, bench and deadlift. Not to mention the 11lb I lost as well. I'm raring to get that weight and strength back, so I'm pulling out all the stops!

I should also mention that my "pre-workout" supp will be changing pretty frequently. I'll letcha know what I'm using as I progress.

Routine
I've decided to try the "I, Bodybuilder" Routine from T-nation. I know, I know, their whole "Anaconda Protocol" is the biggest croc I've seen in a long time, but I genuinely like the layout of the workout plan. High sets/high load/low reps, some full body routines and some specialization work - it's right up my alley. I'll probably make some changes to it along the way; taylor it to my capacity specifically. Should be loads of fun.

Diet
Diet remains the same: 3500-4000kcals/day, cycling between high fat and high prot days. I get between 160-215g fat/day, and between 250/375g prot/day, with a constant 140g cho/day. Carbs are entirely from nuts, seeds, small amounts of fruit and tons of veggies.

Alright, let's starting emptying out my stash!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for the ride! you'll get your lifts back quick.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
subbed homie

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome boys!

My thoughts for the first day (so far):

BC+EAA and Lipotropic are staples in my arsenal; effective, cheap, tasty, 'nuff said. GHenerate is what will be new for me from LG, and I'll give that a try tonight, along with ZMK. X-Lean arrived while I was at school; 1 bottle. Not sure if that's enough to do anything, we'll see. Anabolic Pump I know and like; Prime is the newbie for USP's stuff. I'm now 6caps in. Too early to feel anything from that stuff, though from some of the anecdotal evidence I've seen, I've got high hopes.

Today's Pre-workout concoction was: 2scoops of White Flood + 4scoops Anadraulic State. I've had the WF sitting in the cupboard for months (I don't like it by itself; ineffective and gross), and have a bit of AP left so thought I'd try stacking them. Definitely a huge improvement over WF by itself; actually provided energy and focus rather than putting me to sleep, as WF has done in the past. Still not as good as X-Force + AP, though. Note that I don't say this to bash CL, they have several products I like a lot - just not WF.

Today's Workout: Shoulder Specialization

Seated Overhead Partials: (Cluster sets) 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 245x2
Had to do these in the smith machine (heresy!). I lifted at the med-center today and they lack a power rack, so the smith was the only option for partial ROM. I only rested long enough between each rep to reset form (pull shoulders back, traps into the bench and lats flared) before exploding the bar as quickly as possible. Power felt great throughout the sets, even if the load was light in comparison with past achievements.

High Incline Bench: 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 245x3, 235x3, 235x3
Bah, these sucked. The incline bench at the med-center is the lamest thing I've ever seen: it is so low to the ground that I was basically in a bottom squat position - knees way past parallel. Forget pulling my feet back "under me" for leg drive - my butt was practically on the floor. I'm weak, I know, but I attribute the uber-suckiness of these sets in part to the crappy equipment. :p

Push-Press: 185x1 +3, 205x1 +3, 205x1 +3, 185x8, 135x12
Ah, push-press. An old favorite of mine. Of course, no power rack meant cleaning the bar to my shoulders for every set, but that's ok. This variety of set is apparently referred to as a "ratchet". The single is to accustom the body to the load, followed by a rest period and a triple. Not sure what I think of it yet. This movement certainly put the hurt into my shoulders and triceps more than the others, probably due to high load and pre-fatigue.

Workout Thoughts:
Volume felt low, and I felt underworked - not doing a dead or squat at the onset of each workout is foreign to this body. I'll tweak things as I go along. As of right now, I think I could increase the sets on both the overhead partials and the push-press without issue.
Lookin' forward to tomorrow, and some full-body goodness!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good start R...the Prime should start filling up the muscles by the second week and then the strength comes on. Not that you are lacking in that area!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
interesting list of supps. at 12 scoops the bcaa/eaa's should go fast, lol. lg needs to put out bigger jugs of that stuff, i would buy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think they are planning on putting out a larger tub. It'll be nice.
very nice price point on the bcaa/eaa, works just as good as the higher priced stuff, imo. but yeah-they need to offer a bigger tub.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very nice price point on the bcaa/eaa, works just as good as the higher priced stuff, imo. but yeah-they need to offer a bigger tub.
I've got 3 unopened tubs, so I should be good for a while. As far as I'm concerned, when the larger version comes out, it'll be the intra product to beat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've got 3 unopened tubs, so I should be good for a while. As far as I'm concerned, when the larger version comes out, it'll be the intra product to beat.
at least for those who base buying on results not hype.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:werd:Here I is!! :afro: Subbed like a dub. :439:

I'm hoping for some osmosis. I'm hoping that that plethora of supps seep into my body just by merely reading your thread!!!

Here's hoping!!:arms:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guten morgen all. AZ, TG, panther - welcome!

So, last night was my first on ZMK and GHenerate. Perhaps not surprisingly, the sleep wasn't that great. The first day or so of a GH product typically effects me in this manner; my mind ends up racing a mile a minute. That being said, I'm feeling pretty rested and relaxed in the lab today.

I'm presuming the K in "ZMK" is for "Krebs." There's no significant potassium or lysine in the formula (which are both oddly abbreviated as K) so that's really the only option that makes sense. The addition of the Krebs intermediates is a pretty cool concept, though I don't know how effective they will actually prove to be.

Full body workout coming up in a couple of hours here; FRONT SQUATS! :head:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
haha, you and your front squats dude... getting to be like me and my hack squat... I am addicted to it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guten morgen all. AZ, TG, panther - welcome!

So, last night was my first on ZMK and GHenerate. Perhaps not surprisingly, the sleep wasn't that great. The first day or so of a GH product typically effects me in this manner; my mind ends up racing a mile a minute. That being said, I'm feeling pretty rested and relaxed in the lab today.

I'm presuming the K in "ZMK" is for "Krebs." There's no significant potassium or lysine in the formula (which are both oddly abbreviated as K) so that's really the only option that makes sense. The addition of the Krebs intermediates is a pretty cool concept, though I don't know how effective they will actually prove to be.

Full body workout coming up in a couple of hours here; FRONT SQUATS! :head:
hg products seem to work real well for me-powerful/1carboxy/somnidren are the only one's i have tried so far but i have gotten great results. ghenerate is interesting and the price seems right.
btw-the zmk seemed to work better-for me at least-than other zma products.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zerchers FTW...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha, you and your front squats dude... getting to be like me and my hack squat... I am addicted to it!
Yeah, I feel like a "Real Man" doing front squats for some reason. They take such a degree of finesse and control that every rep pretty much has to be perfect. Your form breaks down, you drop the bar. The routine I'm using actually had leg press scheduled for today, but a routine without squats isn't a routine at all in my book. So that had to change.

Supp Thoughts:
Preworkout today consisted again of the WF/AP combo, but I threw in a sample of CREO2 that I had as well. I am now VERY intrigued by this product: I was never severely winded through entire hour of lifting. Yes, I'd breath hard from time to time, but my anaerobic capacity today was through the roof. Of course, after one sample, I cannot say that this is the norm when on CREO2, or even attribute my performance with surety to that product. For all I know, Prime has kicked in and I'm cruising on it's goodness. I've got 2 more samples, and I intend to use them for my next 2 workouts, which should both be quite oxygen-demanding. As for today's workout, I was impressed.

Workout: Full Body

Olympic Front Squats:
Ratchets 205x1 +3, 225x1 +3, 245x1 +3, 255x1 +3, 205x8
SS'd w/Unilateral DB RDLs: 80x1 +3, 85x1 +3, 90x1 +3, 95x1 +3, 75x12
Weight has dropped quite a bit on these. Nonetheless, form felt solid and I exploded every as hard as I could (that's a central point of this program, to accelerate every rep as fast as possible). In the end, I was satisfied, though I certainly see room for improvement.

Deadstop Low-Incline Pin Press: 205x3 x3 x3, 225x1 x2, 165x10
Wow. Anybody else every bench from a dead stop, starting in the bottom position (i.e. with the bar on you chest)? It is TOUGH. I was anticipatiing 205 to be a warmup set, like it would be for regular bench, but this is much, much different. After every rep you bring the bar to a complete stop, resting it on the pins (level with your chest) then explode the weight back up. I don't know if I love it or hate it yet, but it's certainly humbling and difficult.

Unilateral Seated Cable Row: 120x3, 130x3, 140x3, 110x10
My back is being de-emphasized a bit - it grows like a weed with the least bit of stimulus. So because it needs less work, I give it less work. I find it interesting that uni cable rows feel harder than DB rows with equivalent load. I don't know why that is, but either way my back is still feeling the "stretch" of each rep, and the squeeze at peak contraction.

Oly-Bar Spider Curls: 115x3, 125x3, 135x3, 140x3, 145x3, 100x13
SS'd w/Oly-Bar Skullcrushers: Same as above, except 100x20 (?!) on the final set
These felt great. Finally, movements where I'm lifting as much as I ever was. Each rep was powerful, and the pump surprisingly high (something I always like about low reps - do enough sets with little rest and you will definitely "feel " it). That set for 20 skullcrushers seem to come out of nowhere. It was my last set of the day, and left me with a feeling of accomplishment.

Workout Thoughts:
Ran out of time as I had an experiment running and need to be back in the lab . So, I didn't get to do the calf raises I wanted. It's alright, I'll have some down time tomorrow and get 'em then. I'll have a Calf Day! Uni Rdls are murder on the glutes/hams, and the amount of stability they require is incredible - I like them much more than the Program-recommended Leg Curls. Felt very aggressive and even a bit cranky in the gym (insufficient sleep?). We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for this Resolve, interesting dosing of Prime by the way. Why aren't you doing it as 3 with 3 different meals? I always found that to be more effective for me then pwo dosing.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hg products seem to work real well for me-powerful/1carboxy/somnidren are the only one's i have tried so far but i have gotten great results. ghenerate is interesting and the price seems right.
btw-the zmk seemed to work better-for me at least-than other zma products.
Good to know about your experience with ZMK. I concur regarding the GH products; they have typically really improved my sleep in the past (1-Carboxy/I-GH-1/X-Dream/Powerfull/Bullet Proof), but it always takes a couple of days for the benefit to kick in. A bit of sleeplessness has been par for the course in the beginning.

Zerchers FTW...
I have not done Zerchers in AGES. As I recall, they tore my forearms up something fierce, but then my forearms have gotten much strong and more flexible since then.

Subbed for this Resolve, interesting dosing of Prime by the way. Why aren't you doing it as 3 with 3 different meals? I always found that to be more effective for me then pwo dosing.
Prime is dosed as it is for a couple of reasons:
1. I only have 1 small meal prior to lifting and want the majority of the day's allotment of Prime to be taken before working out.
2. Mullet recommended this method in a couple of threads a while back. Irish Cannon and Volcom (IIRC) both have used it this way with good results.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zerchers FTW...
Fo sho!! This exercise is for real men only!!!
I have not done Zerchers in AGES. As I recall, they tore my forearms up something fierce, but then my forearms have gotten much strong and more flexible since then.
I mentioned this a while back......place a thick towel (bath or beach) over your forearms (crook or inner bend of the elbows) before lifting off the bar. This greatly reduces the stress and discomfort placed on the forearms.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fo sho!! This exercise is for real men only!!!

I mentioned this a while back......place a thick towel (bath or beach) over your forearms (crook or inner bend of the elbows) before lifting off the bar. This greatly reduces the stress and discomfort placed on the forearms.
Good to know - thanks.

I had an an amazing 10hrs of sleep last night. Deep, deep slumber - so nice. GHenerate did its thing, that's for sure. I will probably try alternating between just ZMK and just GHenerate, to get a feel for what each is capable of independently of the other.

Gonna tear my calves apart today (a day that would normally be dedicated to recovery).

I also will be learning a new protocol today - cryogenic freezing. How cool is that?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also will be learning a new protocol today - cryogenic freezing. How cool is that?
Mega-sub-zero freezing cool. That's how cool.....

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Good to know - thanks.

Ah the Walt Disney route... trying to see the year 3010 are we? ;)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell Ted Williams I said hey..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah the Walt Disney route... trying to see the year 3010 are we? ;)
Tell Ted Williams I said hey..
:lol: If only it were so. Alas, but the cryogenic freezing I learned today was only for cultured cell lines; basically genetically modified cancer cells from particular organs (in my case, the liver). It was surprisingly easy.

I hit up the med-center weight room for some calfy goodness. No pre- or intra- workout supplementation today, just an extra protein shake with my first meal.

I've noticed that each calf is different, both in ankle strength/flexibility and in power and size. Probably due to the multiple injuries I've had. For that reason, I did everything one leg at a time.

Started off with some seated calf raises, moved on to standing CRs and finished off with leg press machine CRs. Felt great, varied the reps from 20-5 depending on load.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I do calves one at a time as well... my right is far stronger than the left and will do most of the work regardless of my concentration it seems.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do calves one at a time as well... my right is far stronger than the left and will do most of the work regardless of my concentration it seems.
Same here.
Ditto.
I think that everyone shares this same malady to a certain degree.
My left bicep is stronger than my right, even though my right one is bigger and has better shape. Go figure.
Right shoulder stronger than left shoulder.
Left quad stronger than right quad.
Left calf stronger than right calf.

It's mind-boggling!! :Eyecrazy::stupid:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditto.
I think that everyone shares this same malady to a certain degree.
My left bicep is stronger than my right, even though my right one is bigger and has better shape. Go figure.
Right shoulder stronger than left shoulder.
Left quad stronger than right quad.
Left calf stronger than right calf.

It's mind-boggling!! :Eyecrazy::stupid:
The body is a strange and wondrous thing. :p

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had some of the most intense, vivid dreams I've had in a long time last night. At one point I actually woke up in a cold sweat. Wow. That was on both ZMK and GHenerate.

Today's workout will be later in the day, because that's what my schedule mandates.

On a different note, I should be getting the results of one of my experiments today; I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :fingersx:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ghenerate really gets great feedback. I need to try it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah...good luck with the results of the experiment!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ghenerate really gets great feedback. I need to try it.
I don't know man, some of the dreams were pretty freakin' scary. GHenerate was definitely doing what it was supposed to...

Oh yeah...good luck with the results of the experiment!!
Bah, it failed. But, I have several possibilities that could fix it!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I received in the mail today a scoop of SNS Focus XT. This was not a sample, but a scoop from Geek Poop's private stash. I tip my hat to him for his willingness to share and for repping his company like a pro.

I've been wanting to try Focus XT for a while, all the more since they came out with a boatload of new tantalizing flavors. The scoop is the blackberry flavor, and I am sorely tempted to try it now, and not save it for pre-workout. :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not feel that pre w/o was where FocusXT shined. It will not get you fired up but really gets your mind sharp and alert.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did not feel that pre w/o was where FocusXT shined. It will not get you fired up but really gets your mind sharp and alert.
Well, perhaps it was that I have been drastically limiting my caffeine intake (I find the less I have, the more relaxed I am throughout the day), but whatever the case, last night's workout was one of a kind.

Mini-review of Blackberry Focus XT

Dissolved in 200ml water (7-8oz), swirled in my shaker cup and consumed about 1hr before lifting.

1. Taste is flat out stunning. Easily the best supplement I have tasted in a long, long time. We all hear so much from various companies that "our product tastes great!", but how often that holds true is up for much debate. However, this is so good, it is worth purchasing simply based on enjoyability alone (at least one tub will be going into my next NP order). This Focus XT is like sipping blackberry juice, I kid you not. No artificiality, no aftertaste, only surprisingly delicious flavor.

2. I was focused and stimmed the hell out. Yes, I'm very caffeine sensitive, so junkies who can handle a gram a day without heart failure should know that you will not be hit as hard as I. None-the-less, my brain was racing when I hit the gym. And that made for an amazing workout. Also, I can attribute my performance solely to Focus XT, as I forgot to take my Prime before lifting. :-/

3. The only drawback I have is that I took this later in the day and, in result, I was buzzed all night. Midnight rolled around and I was still tossing and turning. So, don't expect effects to wear off too quickly.

Would I always use Focus XT pre-workout? I'm undecided; it certainly has the stimulant effects that I look for, but it would always be necessary to stack other stuff with it (BA, Creatine, etc.). However, I'm currently doing that anyway (Protein shake w/creatine mono, then later Anadraulic Pump w/WF), but it would still be nice to find a good all in one product.

However, Focus XT definitely shines as a stim/nootropic. It's rare that I actually want to BUY a stim for myself. BW gets X-Force, and occasionally picks up a bottle of E-911 for herself too, so I typically just sparingly use whatever she's got. That I have every intention of purchasing some Focus XT is testament to just how enjoyable and effective it is.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff isn't it R?? I use it as a morning cup of coffee substitute and it picks me up perfectly and I'm in a great mood. I'm not a gram a day caffeine user but most days it gets to about 400mg. Like you said though...pre w/o I would have to throw in my other supps so for that purpose I need something else. Have you ever tried Jacked?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff isn't it R?? I use it as a morning cup of coffee substitute and it picks me up perfectly and I'm in a great mood. I'm not a gram a day caffeine user but most days it gets to about 400mg. Like you said though...pre w/o I would have to throw in my other supps so for that purpose I need something else. Have you ever tried Jacked?
That is exactly how I was thinking of using it - instead of coffee!

And yeah, I've tried Jacked on several occasions. I love the formula that came in the samples I had (with theophylline) but unfortunately, when a friend let me try some of his of the updated formula it just wasn't the same. A box of those old formula samples would rock. :D

At this point, I'm really hoping Anadraulic State GT covers all my bases once it's released.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Waiting for the AS GT as well!!

So the new Jacked isn't as powerfull huh?? That sucks because I loved the OG...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waiting for the AS GT as well!!

So the new Jacked isn't as powerfull huh?? That sucks because I loved the OG...
It's mainly because of you that AS-GT has me so excited. And, no the new the Jacked didn't work as well for me, but that doesn't mean others may not like it.

Anyways, I may as well give my update from last night's workout.

This shoulder routine is absolutely a blast and even if you don't do the rest of the days I think this particular workout is well worth incorporating into any program.

Giant Set #1 7x2 of each movement
A. Seated Overhead Partials:
185, minimal rest
B. Lateral Raise: 40s, 3sec eccentric, minimal rest
C. Push Press: 185, minimal rest
D. Front Raise: 40s, 3sec eccentric, rest 90sec
HELL YEAH! I was going from movement to movement with no rest until my 5th set, and even then I kept it to a couple of deep breaths. I set no PRs, nor did I even come close, but the anaerobic intensity of this giant set had me dripping with sweat and pushing my hardest. By the final set, 185 had never felt so heavy. In a good way.

Giant Set #2 7x2 of each movement
A. High Pulls:
215, minimal rest
B. Shrugs: 365, minimal rest
C. BB Upright Rows: 165
I was loving the power lifts (push press and high pulls), it felt great to be hurling such weight around, even if I'm not as strong as I have been in the past. The 365 shrugs proved difficult on my grip and made me consider using straps. Maybe next time, IDK, I'd prefer not but will if necessary. The upright rows were a surprise - 165 was light!

Single-pulley Face Pulls: 100 for 7x2 with ~10-15sec rest
These were supposed to be a part of Giant Set #2, but the cable stacks are too far from the power rack for that to be feasible. So I did them after. I developed a new respect for this movement after I learned how to do them properly; pulling the ropes back over my head and apart as far as possible. You should end up in a double bicep pose essentially. Hits the medial and rear delts hard.

By far the most enjoyable workout I've had in a while.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
At this point, I'm really hoping Anadraulic State GT covers all my bases once it's released.
It seemed to do the trick for me. That and Anadraulic Pump together was redonkulous.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, quick update:
Lifted yesterday and had a decent workout. Still waiting to feel something from the Prime - I'm hoping I start seeing something from that soon. GHenerate and ZMK remain the most fun aspect of my current supplementation, although I have been enjoying high libido with my low-dose Formex. Running low on fish oil, may end up placing an order with TP for some as they have some other stuff I'm considering. Or, there's always NP, where I could snag some Focus XT too!

How I scared the gay men in my gym yesterday:

Sumo Deads: 315x3, 405x3, 425x3, 435x3, 435x3
Still quite a bit down from previous numbers, but it's 10lb more than I did the first time I pulled after my illness. Progress!

Uni Leg Exts: 100x3, 110x3, 120x3, 130x3, 140x3, 110x12

Weighted Chins: BW+60x3, +70x3, +80x3, +90x3, +70x3
Ss'd w/Floor Flies: 60x3, 60x3, 65x3, 65x3, 50x12
The final set of chins was supposed to be a back-off set wherein I performed as many reps as possible. Well after that +90lb set, "as many as possible" turned out to be 3. Oh well. I really like floor flies - in fact, I'm really enjoying all the movements I've been doing that involved a dead stop. They provide for a good opportunity to really concentrate on accelerating the weight upward as fast as possible.

Seated Hammer Curls: 40x3, 50x3, 60x3, 70x3, 75x3, 50x12
Ss'd w/DB Tri Exts: same as above, except I only hit 11 for the final set
My triceps always seem to need more warming up than other bodyparts, so I started off this superset light. Rest periods were almost non-existant here as I was running out of time.

Not my best feats of strength, but respectable. Tonight I'll be hitting up shoulders again!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd week should be where the Prime starts making your muscles feel fuller. The 3rd week on is where the strength gains will be noticed.