Sweet Serum Review... Its pretty sweet

salto571

salto571

Awards
Hi all,
So as a brandy spankin new primordial sponsor, I just got a bottle of this very sexy new sugar substitute called Sweet Serum. I made a bunch of different things to test out sweet serum and the verdic is: AMAZING. This stuff tastes great and it really holds up. So i made coffee, oatmeal, and bran muffins and I added it to lipton unsweetened iced tea. I never wrote a review log on a food so I'm gonna try and model this after a supplement log (that whole out of 10 what did I think of each property of the serum type deal). But first, you might ask me "hey salto what exactly is sweet serum???" well
Sweet Serum is healthy alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners. A small amount can sweeten food, beverages, marinades and sauces.

Created with natural plant nectars, Sweet Serum contains beneficial polysaccharides [inulin] that supports healthy digestion.

What are the ingredients?

Blue AgaveThe first ingredient is Xagave, which is an organic form of agave syrup that has been standardized for inulin content. Inulin is beneficially prebiotic fiber with a naturally sweet taste. (1) Xagave contains minimally processed nectars from Blue and White Agave plants. This blend provides the best tasting and healthiest agave on the market.*

The second ingredient is syrup from the yacon root [smallanthus sonchifolius]. The syrup from yacon root was included for its naturally high content of fructooligosaccharides [FOS]. FOS is another form of inulin beneficial for the digestive system and the intestinal flora. (3)

Finally, Sweet Serum is enhanced with concentrated stevia extract from natural stevia leaf (stevia rebaudiana). This particular extract is up to 300x sweeter than regular sugar, and is an excellent non-calorie sweetness enhancer.

* Other brands of agave syrup on the market may contain low amounts of beneficial inulin and high amounts of fructose and glucose sugars due to extreme heating used in processing. Xagave is the only raw agave on the market to be processed under 120°F and contain a standardized amount of inulin (12%) and high content of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.

How does Sweet Serum improve my digestive health?

Yacon Root

Sweet Serum is standardized to contain 18% total inulin from agave and yacon root syrup.

Inulin and FOS are complex chains of fructose and glucose molecules created by plants which acts as an indigestible polysaccharide [soluble fiber] in the human digestive track. (1) Since the body cannot breakdown inulin, it is not absorbed into the blood, and therefore does not raise blood sugar or have any caloric value. (1,2)

These indigestible polysaccharides are known to support digestive health by supporting the growth of probiotic organisms in the intestines. Probiotic organisms such as lactobacilli and bifidobacterium help support the immune system and prevent over growth of Escherichia coli and other pathogenic bacteria. (3)

How does Sweet Serum taste?

Sweet Serum has a very concentrated sweet honey taste. When mixing a small amount with food or beverage Sweet Serum adds a very balanced sweetness that satisfies the palette without tasting artificial and empty like most non-calorie sweeteners.

Can I cook with it?

Yes, sweet serum can be used in cooking. In fact it’s a great way to make low sugar teriyaki and other low calorie marinades and sauces.

Keep in mind that cooking at high temperatures (above 180°F) may break down the inulin into fructose and glucose molecules, thus reducing the fiber content.

For complete recipes please visit our Primordial Kitchen.

Is sweet serum safe for diabetics and children?

Yes.

The average serving of Sweet Serum has virtually no effect on blood sugar, therefore it is considered a safe sweetener for diabetics, and those who wish to avoid raising their blood sugar levels.

Ok so what did I think of it?
First Impression
What a color! It has a rich dark brown color and deep molassesy smell. It was fluid but not too runny, a little thinner than aunt jemima.

Sweetness
This stuff is pretty damn sweet. I tasted it right out of the bottle and damn. My oatmeal usually gets a packet or two of splenda but I just drizzled this right on top and I was good to go. It also only took a couple teaspoons to sweeten a quart of iced tea. I thought I was getting a lot when I saw the bottle but when realized the sweetening power I had, I knew Primordial was giving people their money's worth.

Flavor
WOW. They really did a good job with this one. The dark syrup had a caramel and cinnamon flavor. I thought I was getting something that was just sweetness but it had a depth of flavor just like molasses. In fact thats what made me think to make bran muffins out of them. The recipe came out fantastic. I will post a link to the recipe below and a picture of these gorgeous muffins.

Temperature Durability
This, to me, is where Sweet Serum really shined. Since it is made from all natural ingredients, SS is able to withstand the high heat of baking or cooking. Most other sugar substitutes like equal (aspartame), sweet and low (saccarin) and etc, break down under high temperatures and lose their sweetening ability and are rendered useless in baking. Even fructose will change its chemical structre when heated too much and lose its sweetening ability. Not so with Sweet Serum. The coffee had a rich sweet flavor with a hint o cinnamon. The muffins were equally delicious

Solubility
No powder, no granulated crystals, no problem! I used iced tea on purpose because sugar and other powders don't mix as readily in cold temperatures. It was no porblemo for the already liquid SS. It mixed into everything,

Overall
Overall, Sweet Serum is an amazing product. It sweetens everything and it adds a really delicious rich flavor. It measured well, tastes great, and its good for you! The inulin actually adds fiber to your food as you sweeten it. Sweet Serum by Primordial Performance gets a 10/10 in my book. see below about the muffins.

salto571

salto571

Awards
Here are those sexy bran muffins I was telling you about. The recipe that I followed was

Bran Muffins

All you have to do is sub out the splenda and stevia for 1/2 a cup of Sweet Serum (sorry it was a big recipe). I bet if you wanted to add some protein to it, you could even sub out a cup of wheat germ for a cup of vanilla protein powder.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im goin to have to pick up some Sweet Serum. I have a family history of diabetes so this will come in real handy.

salto571

salto571

Awards
Sweet Serum really that good... just make sure you account for the sweetness level when you are replacing sugar. the conversion is right on the label. and if you use cups make sure you use liquid measuring cups because liquid and dry cup are different and can throw off your food

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
those muffins look totally dank dude. Send me some in a Fed-Ex box. How were they??? Did you subsitute the butter for superdrone? haha

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should be getting some of this soon. I cant wait to try see what things I can make. I think for sure I am gonna try to make my BBQ sauce.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I should be getting some of this soon. I cant wait to try see what things I can make. I think for sure I am gonna try to make my BBQ sauce.
Let me know how it turns out if you do. I might look up a simple BBQ recipe on the internet and substitute sometime.