Breakfast Low carb Strata
• 7 eggs
• 2/3 cup Almond milk (using the recipe above is ideal) or reg milk
• ¼ cup chopped onion
• 1 cup jalapenos or mild green chilies
• 1 cup mushrooms
• ½ cup almond meal
• 2 cups of Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
• 3-4 Slices of Bacon
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon mustard powder
• Salt and pepper
and just a note the almond meal isnt necessary but it makes it like a quiche without adding flour.
1. Cook the bacon first and crumble into pieces, make sure all veggies are chopped, scramble the eggs and place into a medium sized glass casserole dish or another pan like that. make sure to spray pam or line the dish with EVOO.
2. Mix the cheese into the eggs and put the bacon on top.
3. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit until done, and cooking times vary depending on how many eggs and the shape of the dish and what not. just watch it and when the top of the eggs start browning its good 2 go.