Sweet! Primordial's Sweet Serum (spons.)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
NEW DOWN BELOW!! Used in cottage cheese, coffee, and made a steak glaze! Check it out!

It has arrived! (along with some other awesome PP goodies I decided to order)

Pretty excited I got to try this one. I actually messed up my order and paid for it but Jimbo gave me a credit so we'll call it sponsored ;) haha! That just means more Liver Juice in the future. :439: I want to thank Jimbo for giving me a chance to try this stuff out. I am cutting for Spring Break in Vegas so this will be a great addition. I love my coffee and I like it sweet -- so this will definitely be the healthier way to go! I'll try to throw it in some recipes although I can't cook worth ****. Maybe eat some sweet brown rice or pop some in my cottage cheese. I am sure you will see some experiments!

Anyways, if you don't know what the stuff is, read below. I haven't used it for anything yet so I'll post up when I do. Also, my roommate is a diabetic so this may revolutionize his life. Haha!

Yeah, that's some Sweet Serum and AM ;)

What is Sweet Serum?

Sweet Serum is healthy alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners. A small amount can sweeten food, beverages, marinades and sauces.

Created with natural plant nectars, Sweet Serum contains beneficial polysaccharides [inulin] that supports healthy digestion.

What are the ingredients?

Blue AgaveThe first ingredient is Xagave, which is an organic form of agave syrup that has been standardized for inulin content. Inulin is beneficially prebiotic fiber with a naturally sweet taste. (1) Xagave contains minimally processed nectars from Blue and White Agave plants. This blend provides the best tasting and healthiest agave on the market.*

The second ingredient is syrup from the yacon root [smallanthus sonchifolius]. The syrup from yacon root was included for its naturally high content of fructooligosaccharides [FOS]. FOS is another form of inulin beneficial for the digestive system and the intestinal flora. (3)

Finally, Sweet Serum is enhanced with concentrated stevia extract from natural stevia leaf (stevia rebaudiana). This particular extract is up to 300x sweeter than regular sugar, and is an excellent non-calorie sweetness enhancer.

* Other brands of agave syrup on the market may contain low amounts of beneficial inulin and high amounts of fructose and glucose sugars due to extreme heating used in processing. Xagave is the only raw agave on the market to be processed under 120°F and contain a standardized amount of inulin (12%) and high content of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.

How does Sweet Serum improve my digestive health?

Yacon Root

Sweet Serum is standardized to contain 18% total inulin from agave and yacon root syrup.

Inulin and FOS are complex chains of fructose and glucose molecules created by plants which acts as an indigestible polysaccharide [soluble fiber] in the human digestive track. (1) Since the body cannot breakdown inulin, it is not absorbed into the blood, and therefore does not raise blood sugar or have any caloric value. (1,2)

These indigestible polysaccharides are known to support digestive health by supporting the growth of probiotic organisms in the intestines. Probiotic organisms such as lactobacilli and bifidobacterium help support the immune system and prevent over growth of Escherichia coli and other pathogenic bacteria. (3)

How does Sweet Serum taste?

Sweet Serum has a very concentrated sweet honey taste. When mixing a small amount with food or beverage Sweet Serum adds a very balanced sweetness that satisfies the palette without tasting artificial and empty like most non-calorie sweeteners.

Can I cook with it?

Yes, sweet serum can be used in cooking. In fact it’s a great way to make low sugar teriyaki and other low calorie marinades and sauces.

Keep in mind that cooking at high temperatures (above 180°F) may break down the inulin into fructose and glucose molecules, thus reducing the fiber content.

For complete recipes please visit our Primordial Kitchen.

Is sweet serum safe for diabetics and children?

Yes.

The average serving of Sweet Serum has virtually no effect on blood sugar, therefore it is considered a safe sweetener for diabetics, and those who wish to avoid raising their blood sugar levels.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
By the way, this is the sickest shaker I have ever owned.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is great for sweetening brown rice and cottage cheese! Your gonna love this stuff, Im never using artificial crap again.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is great for sweetening brown rice and cottage cheese! Your gonna love this stuff, Im never using artificial crap again.
Yeah bro! I saw your log and previously had no idea what to try it in. Never thought of sweetening brown rice -- always used soy sauce. Awesome idea! :cool2:

Going to do some initial reviews later tonight in between breaks of studying for midterms. :worried:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Cracked it open!

Very nice consistency. Runny enough so it won't be a clump in anything and looks delicious. Smells like a light, very sweet maple syrup almost. Put a dab on my finger and tastes really good. I could almost see me preferring this taste to sugar and will give excellent flavor to coffee. I plan on grabbing a cup of joe tomorrow and trying this out!

BTW it has a pop open lid, so not like you run the risk of dumping the whole bottle out! Haha

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, subbed. Interested in what you think about this product.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I can see this having some excellent low-carb uses in the bedroom. Licking sugar juice off eachother isn't just for the obese any more!!

(Yeah, she is pretty ugly.)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Thought I would try it out with some cottage cheese as a little afternoon snack!

Add a little Sweet Serum! I read in another log it is pretty sweet so just a little. Looks like a pro chef made it huh? Haha

Holy **** balls this is delicious. I am honestly sold just putting it in cottage cheese alone. The taste of this stuff is unlike anything I have ever had. I keep going back to the word "maple syrup", but I am not really a fan of maple syrup -- it just has that natural flavor. I scarfed this down in about 1 second and wish I had made a bigger bowl. :D

More to come later. Might make up a little steak marinade tonight.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Oh and by the way, judging how much I used just there and how much the bottle went down -- a bottle of the stuff is going to last you quite a while. That is, unless I become addicted and start sweetening everything. :)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Also, if there is anything else you guys want to see or for me to use it in, feel free to let me know and I will tell you how it tastes in my best opinon. I am completely broke so there will be no Lobster Fettuccine dishes with Sweet Serum, however. ;)

bausten

Awards
how about in coffee? Trying to find a replacement for sugar

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
how about in coffee? Trying to find a replacement for sugar
Your wish is my command.

Actually didn't do much for me. At first I poured some in, and tasted no difference. So I poured some more...then some more. It tastes a little more sweet but not that big of a difference from black coffee. Could you get it sweet? Absolutely. I didn't want to pour that much of my bottle in.

However, now that I read your post and have about half my cup left - I shot some more in.

It has probably been about 1/16 of the bottle thus far. It is pretty sweet now -- but not quite like sugar. Does leave a nice little syrupy taste on the palette after being swallowed. I dig it, although it might require more investment to regularly use this for coffee if you like it really sweet.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Actually, now that I have reached the bottom of my cup -- IT IS PURE SERUM! For some reason I figured liquid into liquid would almost mix itself up. This was a mistake. You could probably use a lot less if you stir properly. I will try this better tomorrow and report back.

I can't even finish the last drop it is so sweet. You don't need as much as I thought! Just a good ol stir!

bausten

Awards
thank you for the quick response!! Might as well pick this product up since it's on sale!!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing the sweet serum with a bit of milk, then mix it with some coffee, and give the coffee a stir every once in a while. That works well for me.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing the sweet serum with a bit of milk, then mix it with some coffee, and give the coffee a stir every once in a while. That works well for me.
Good idea. I take milk with my coffee anyways but we don't have sugar or milk in our office so I have just been drinking it black. This is a great addition and I can carry it in my book bag all day.

But -- STAY TUNED! Making a cajun SWEET SERUM glaze for steak as we speak. Gross? Delicious? I'll find out in a few.....

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the quick response!! Might as well pick this product up since it's on sale!!
You really don't have much to lose if you buy other sweetening products. Just the convenience of being able to carry a bottle around (in car or book bag) to use when you need it has been a plus for me.

I honestly am still thinking about that cottage cheese earlier -- was f'n delicious. Hope the steaks turn out good. :439:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Alright. Steak is being consumed as I type this and it is pretty damn good. Took a little experimenting to see if this would work but it is actually pretty enjoyable.

I mixed Sweet Serum, Cajun spice, Salt & Pepper to make a paste

Let the steaks cook a little first before putting the glaze on.

Finished product. SS glaze is on the right.

It actually tastes really good. I will use more cajun spice and salt & pepper next time but it is very good. These are dry steaks and the glaze almost seeped into the outside layer making it juicy. Kind of odd with sweetness on a steak but overall very tasty. Thumbs up.

You can't do this with sugar!!

BTW I like all my food with some burntness -- so that is intentional ;)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Eating the non-glazed steak now. Definitely not as good in the least. Pouring A-1 all over it now....

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is definitely an awesome product to make good treats with! Cant see what kind of recipes you can make with it! Have you tasted it plain yet?

EDIT: You should try to make your own BBQ Sauce with this :)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
This is definitely an awesome product to make good treats with! Cant see what kind of recipes you can make with it! Have you tasted it plain yet?

EDIT: You should try to make your own BBQ Sauce with this :)
Yeah I tasted it plain. Nice, natural sweet flavor.

Very nice consistency. Runny enough so it won't be a clump in anything and looks delicious. Smells like a light, very sweet maple syrup almost. Put a dab on my finger and tastes really good.
I was honestly going to post something about BBQ sauce. The steak with the sweetness and cajun almost tasted a bit "BBQey". This might become someone's secret ingredient somewhere haha

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
great stuff man, thanks for your review. would love to try this on some cottage cheese in the future

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Same here, Ive already got 3 servings mixed up for later.
:dance:

This brings up a good point though. In my picture of the cottage cheese, I had it "sprinkled" around the top. Thought I would like the occasional bite of sweet cottage cheese only every now and then. Eventually I mixed it all up and it tasted way more delicious.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Hey sorry for the lack of updates. Went home for the weekend and forgot the Serum. Will definitely try to brew some more recipes up this week!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any ideas on what your gonna make next?

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
any ideas on what your gonna make next?
Not too sure. I need to hit up the grocery store as I am completely out of food so maybe something will hit me while I am there.

I tried it on some brown rice a bit ago.

Not bad, although I did learn I don't like my rice sweet. :shhh: I would much rather put on some low sodium soy sauce or something. It isn't that it tasted bad -- was decent -- just not how I like my rice.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Try baking with it, possibly sprinkling over sweet potato fries...

Time to kick it up a notch brother

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
If you want to see how real men take PP's Liver Juice, stay tuned for a little later tonight. ;)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Time for some Sweet Serum and Liver Juice baby! Everyone was joking about this over in the Liver Juice thread so I thought, hey, why not try it out?!

I am going to do this a little differently next time and I will tell you why at the end.

Step 1: Sucked a little sweet serum up

Step 2: Some Liver Juice.

Now, this is what I will do differently next time. I will put more Sweet Serum in first as when I sucked up the Liver Juice, it all kind of mixed together which was cool as hell to give the whole thing a nice sweet flavor.

Step 3:Some more Sweet Serum

Step 4:Enjoy!!

Put a nice after taste on the Liver Juice. Basically just gave a little sweetness to the overall mix. Usually I only take about 3 ml at first then the remaining 2 because I don't like it hitting my entire tongue. This time, I took the whole 5ml at once and it was not bad at all! A big improvement I'd say! I will try the other method I mentioned earlier next time and see how it works when it all mixes together. :)

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
teriyaki Sauce???
Equal parts of soy sauce and Sweet Serum 2 to 3 Garlic clove brush on meat of fish

Mix the Soy and sweet with Garlic simple

I use sugar to get that sticky kind of teriyaki sauce but I want to know how it will be with Sweet serum!

Can you try this

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
teriyaki Sauce???
Equal parts of soy sauce and Sweet Serum 2 to 3 Garlic clove brush on meat of fish

Mix the Soy and sweet with Garlic simple

I use sugar to get that sticky kind of teriyaki sauce but I want to know how it will be with Sweet serum!

Can you try this
I'll probably try this tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the idea -- never thought of that.

Can I use garlic powder in place of the garlic cloves?

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably try this tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the idea -- never thought of that.

Can I use garlic powder in place of the garlic cloves?
Sure can it will give it a little more flav I can not wait to hear how it turns out

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
hey bro i made a sweet onion teryaki sauce in my log if u wanna check it out for ideas on how to make a sauce. I made a BBQ sauce as well

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanna make a BBQ one. Post recipe up. I just got some of this myself.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Strawberry sauce I have a great recipe u can use it on your oatmeal or cottage chees great stuff please note I have now order 2 bottles my wife is a prof cook so she will making up some good recipe that I will share

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay folks. I have been slammed with schoolwork and for me that means I am barely home and barely making home-cooked meals.

I got some ideas in mind (including the teriyaki sauce) that should get done this week. Have a decent amount of Serum to go so lots of time to get some good recipes in.