MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anabolic Innovations was kind enough to send me a few samples of their new beta products; Vanilla Whey, Chocolate Whey, and New Orange Flavor Cycle Support. Below are my comments on the product flavor and consistency.

First I want to commend AI for not only providing the supplements for testing but also for sending instructions on how they would prefer it be tested. I did not follow directions as written because I do not use milk in my protien shakes. I also believe this will give others who do the same a nice point of reference.

Directions for testing, mix 1 packet, equal to 1 scoop of of protein powder into 4-8 oz of cold skim milk. When testing the Orange Flavor Cycle support they asked that it be mixed with one of the shakes. I chose the vanilla.

Put 6 oz cold water in shaker, add 1 package/scoop of vanilla whey and the package of Orange Flavor Cycle Support, leaving enough of the Cycle Support out to put some on my finger to taste the mix untainted. I would compare the unmixed taste to somethihng like an orange Fun Dip powder, you know the candy with the stick you dip into the tart candy powder. Very good, tart and mouth watering.

At 6 oz of water the consistency was fluid, not very thick but in water I did not expect it to be. Would definitely be thicker with milk, and a perfect consistency with 4 0z of water. Flavor was good, I could still taste the vanilla through the orange flavor. Combined these were good kind of a dreamcycle type of flavor, but would have been best at 4 oz of water per scoop of protein powder unless you like it thinner. I only used 6 oz to be somewhere in the middle of the directions, but always use 4 oz per scoop on my own.

This morning I tried the Chocolate protein shake with about 5 oz of water. The flavor was good, not like all the chocolates I have had before there is a slightly different taste to it. I found myself sipping the last portion trying to distinguish the difference in flavor so I could describe it. I think the flavor was almost a fudge type of flavor. Nice chocolatey flavor with a little more sweetness but not in a bad way. Honestly I would say the best way to explain it was that it was rich. In the way chocolate mousse is rich, kind of a desert type flavor. Was a very nice twist on the typical chocolate flavoring I am used to which is often a very hit or miss flavor in my opinion.

All in all I would definitely buy this product as long as the price is competetive with my current protein source. I would choose the chocolate over the chocolate flavor I use now. The vanilla tasted good in the mix with the Orange Cycle Support, but I wish I could have tried it on it's own. However I think it had a good enough taste through the Cycle support to beleive it is also a very good flavor on it's own.

Mixability: all of the products I tried mixed instantly. My shaker does not have a whisk ball in it, just a screen to keep the ice inside while you drink your shake. I had no ice or anything else to assist in mixing the products and honestly the mixes were complete in maybe 2 seconds of shaking, I went to 5 just to be sure, everything was mixed very well. This is great because for those who do drink this with milk wont have to shake it so long the milk gets frothy.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
NICE, would you compare it to any other whey sources?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is the big one I can put out there. I think it is "WHEY" better then Optimum Nutrition for the chocolate. I use EAS, because it is pretty good and it is cheap at Sam's. However it is hit and miss from 5 lb bag to 5 lb bag of chocolate. Sometimes it has a chalky taste, but not very often. However this is better than the best of the EAS chocolate too. Which is normally pretty good. Honestly the chocolate was probably some of the best I have had in a while. Only 2 come to mind that may taste a little better to me but they are higher in both fat and carbs and that would be Syntha 6 and Muscle Milk that has the new stuff without the aftertaste.

Vanilla I can't effectively compare to others because it was mixed with the orange but the vanilla flavor was good through the Orange Cycle Support. Consistency wise it was better and mixed a lot better than Optimum or EAS.

Both were better than Dymatize, All Whey, Nothing But Whey, Isopure, and many others. Overall pretty impressed with them both. Would love to see a 10 lb bag at a competetive price.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This protein will be bundled with our major products such as Stoked, Glycobol, Cycle Support and Post Cycle support. You can get any of these products bundled with a 5 lbs bag of whey for just under $60 a very nice price IMO.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This protein will be bundled with our major products such as Stoked, Glycobol, Cycle Support and Post Cycle support. You can get any of these products bundled with a 5 lbs bag of whey for just under $60 a very nice price IMO.
Nice, I saw that on the info but wasn't sure if it was going to be for only the testers or everyone would get that deal. Man that is a damn good deal!!!!! Now I gotta pick which one to get with it when I make an order. Of course I have 12-14 lbs of protien right now. Hopefully that deal will still be going when I need it. If I try Natatropin I will use Stoked to keep the boys bouncing. That is about a month away and so is 12 lbs of protien.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
This is the big one I can put out there. I think it is "WHEY" better then Optimum Nutrition for the chocolate. I use EAS, because it is pretty good and it is cheap at Sam's. However it is hit and miss from 5 lb bag to 5 lb bag of chocolate. Sometimes it has a chalky taste, but not very often. However this is better than the best of the EAS chocolate too. Which is normally pretty good. Honestly the chocolate was probably some of the best I have had in a while. Only 2 come to mind that may taste a little better to me but they are higher in both fat and carbs and that would be Syntha 6 and Muscle Milk that has the new stuff without the aftertaste.

Vanilla I can't effectively compare to others because it was mixed with the orange but the vanilla flavor was good through the Orange Cycle Support. Consistency wise it was better and mixed a lot better than Optimum or EAS.

Both were better than Dymatize, All Whey, Nothing But Whey, Isopure, and many others. Overall pretty impressed with them both. Would love to see a 10 lb bag at a competetive price.
WOW, thanks bro, that sounds amazing, cause allthewhey and isopure are my favs. I hate the taste of ON whey so nothing no to me but reassuring LOL.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
WOW, thanks bro, that sounds amazing, cause allthewhey and isopure are my favs. I hate the taste of ON whey so nothing no to me but reassuring LOL.
The thing I liked about the chocolate was it was such a rich desert like flavor, not like they just tried to mimic a chocolate milk flavor which seems to be the norm. I bet it would be off the chain mixed in some vanilla yogurt and frozen!!!!!

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice, I saw that on the info but wasn't sure if it was going to be for only the testers or everyone would get that deal. Man that is a damn good deal!!!!! Now I gotta pick which one to get with it when I make an order. Of course I have 12-14 lbs of protien right now. Hopefully that deal will still be going when I need it. If I try Natatropin I will use Stoked to keep the boys bouncing. That is about a month away and so is 12 lbs of protien.
Its a phenomenal deal.

CROWLER likes to take care of customers.