UNIVERSAL ULTRA WHEY PRO NEW FLAVOR C&C REVEIW

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

UNIVERSAL ULTRA WHEY PRO NEW FLAVOR C&C REVEIW

So first on I would like to thank Universal for a chance to try out this new flavor of their Ultra Whey Protein.
    First off I've tried my fair share of protein powders. Body fortress, 6th star, EAS, Muscle Milk, and ON Gold standard. I've been using Gold standard as my go-to protein. I mean it constantly brings home supplement awards, and rightfully so, its a pretty solid powder. Today was my first time trying any Universal Protein (i'm a fan of the Animal pak series though)
    So here is how it went.
    MIX-ABILITY: 10
    I have taken 2 servings of the powder and have NOT had one clump. Not even a tiny one. Mixes smoothly and completely with out vigorous shaking. I did mistake a cookie piece for a clump at first, but was pleasantly surprised when I accidentally bit into it.

DRINK-ABILITY: 10
    scooped, mixed and downed it. Didn't leave me bloated, even mixed with milk. Smooth and didn't fill me up so I could still get a post workout meal in. Not to thick, not to thin, just right. Also its good to note that the Cookies aren't grainy like some other powders. They are actually very good tasting, they do settle to the bottom if let sit for a little bit, but again thats not really a bad thing because of its great taste.

TASTE(Milk/Water): 10/9.5
    The taste was incredible. Universal nailed it. Not too thick, not too thin. Good taste of a cream like flavor with a chocolate-like cookie mixed in(hence cookies and creme). To get a good sense of taste, if you had a tub of this protein without a flavor you would be able to tell right away it was C&C. Ironically, the aftertaste is the best part, thats when you really get a sense of that cookie part. When 1 scoop was mixed with 1 cup skim milk it tasted just like a "Diet" C&C milkshake. Personally I could see myself using this when I get a sweet tooth craving because it tastes so good.
    As far as mixed with water, personally I'm not too used to using water, but have lately do to my fat loss goal. I've noticed the flavor is still predominate, just not as creamy for obvious reasons, still tasty though, and enjoyable unlike some other powders when you mix it with water it is intolerable. This scored much higher in taste with water than other powders reason its not a 10 cause it didn't taste quite as well as with milk, which was a 10.

so now here it is,
    PROTEIN POWDER SHOW DOWN:

So this is were i'm going to compare my current go-to protien, Gold Standard by ON to Universal. Universal will be in yellow, and ON is going top be in red So here we go.

SERVING:
    Serving size:29.4g/Servings per 2.04ibs:32
    Serving size:30g/Servings per 2ibs:30

MACROS:
    Total Cals:120 Fat:1g Carbs:3g Protein:24g(1 scoop:81% protein)
    Total Cals:120 Fat:2g Carbs:3.5g Protein:22g(1 scoop: 73% protein)

PRICE:
    (These prices are the cheapest i found using a google shopping search, these websites have not been assessed for reliability)
    $19.95 for 2ibs(.62 cents per serving)
    $19.97 for 2ibs(.66 cents per serving)

so the results are compiled.....

and the winner is....
    Name:  ultra.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  39.7 KB

You might be wondering why, if by the looks of it ON is better on paper. Well, I know that, but its very close, there is no blow out in any area of consideration. But the big deciding factor for me was taste. ON is just bland, and a bit of a chore to drink, and Universal is the total opposite. So for now, there is a new champ on my Supplement self.

So overall Would I buy this product? Absolutely, and will soon after i finish the protein I have.

So again, thank you Universal for a great product.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

Very well written review bro. Thanks for the input man. I'm glad to see you putting this stuff to good use!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Very well written review bro. Thanks for the input man. I'm glad to see you putting this stuff to good use!
    x2!!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    thanks hg, thanks for bringing it with the goods.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Universal ULTRA WHEY PRO Sponsored Review
    By ninjarider45 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM
  2. Universal Ultra Whey: Cookies & Cream
    By JessieC in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
  3. Animal Snak & Universal Ultra Iso Whey
    By MuscleHeadGuy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 02:41 PM
  4. Universal Ultra Iso Whey
    By MuscleHeadGuy in forum Nutraplanet
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
  5. What is your favorite ALL THE WHEY FLAVOR of WPI?
    By Big Matt in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 10:37 AM