LG Sciences - Lipotropic Protein - PB Cookie Dough!

soundcheck129

Awards
LIPOTROPIC PROTEIN - PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH

Big thanks to LG for letting me test this out!

Peanut Butter and Cookie Dough are my two favorite things in the world, and I'm always tearing through PB Loco's Cookie Dough Peanut Butter. So naturally when LG announced this I was all over it :bigok:

FIRST REVIEW - WITH MINIMAL WATER - PROTEIN PUDDING STYLE

Nutritional Profile

Lipotropic Protein has an awesome profile - just one gram each of fat and carbohydrates, plus 26 grams of protein per scoop. But it's the extras that really make it great - betaine, fat-burning polyphenols, zero lactose, and a blend including whey, egg and casein. Sweet deal.

Mixability

Flawless, this mixed up how I wanted with no problems. No chunks, almost like creamy peanut butter.

Consistency

I wanted to make this like a thick pudding and had no issues. Some proteins are too light for this but the Lipotropic Protein worked very well.

Digestibility

I have a sensitive stomach, but this gave me no problems. I didn't feel bloated or overly full, and had no nasty gas.

Taste

For some reason, the taste caught me by surprise...because it was exactly what it said it would be. I first got the flavor of cookie dough, then the peanut butter followed, blending into an awesome flavor. Most PB proteins I've had in the past have been weak on the PB side, but this was not the case here. If anything, there was more PB than cookie dough flavor, but you could still taste both, as there was a definite sweetness, but not overdone. I'm definitely looking forward to trying this in milk.

soundcheck129

Awards
LIPOTROPIC PROTEIN - PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH

SECOND REVIEW - WITH 8oz MILK - PROTEIN SHAKE STYLE

Nutritional Profile

The Protein itself has an awesome profile, and the milk just adds a bit of fat and some carbs and bumps up the protein. It's a great blend.

Mixability

Great, a few shakes and I was in business.

Consistency

Smooth, not grainy or overly watered down, just where I wanted it.

Digestibility

Even with the milk, no issues.

Taste

Once again, I was surprised, but this time it wasn't for a good reason :/ I figured that because this was great in water, it would be unbeatable in milk. However, this wasn't the case. I actually preferred the water version, because this took on an odd taste when the milk was mixed in. Surprisingly, it tasted less sweet and more artificial, kind of like an unsweetened dough. It's hard to describe, but it wasn't pleasant. The water definitely wins.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
You are the second tester to say the water mix is much better.

soundcheck129

Awards
Yeah it was surprising...but to be honest I'd rather have it taste better in water. That way, the macros are more flexible so I can get my post-workout carbs from something else...like Reese's Puffs :D

Plus with the Lipotropic Protein already being a blend, you don't need the milk.