MrBig's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Lipotrophic Review

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
MrBig's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Lipotrophic Review

I was selected by the great folks over at LG to give their new PB cookie dough Lipotrophic Protein a test and here it is! I must say this is one of the better protein powders out there, but it is a little different. I've been drinking powdered protein for the last 15 years so I've had my share of different powders. I've outlined what I experienced below:

* Consistency is very different than what I am used to. It sticks to everything. It isn't as bad as the old Lipo formula. You might get some on your hands when you put your hands in the tub to get a scoop out, but not much. Doesn't stick to the scooper like the old.

* Mix-ability is uber awesome. There were absolutely no clumps as soon as I dumped it into my 12 oz milk. It dissipated evenly throughout the shaker and only needed about 20 seconds of shaking to be completely gone. No clumps throughout drinking, none left after I was finished. Hardly any bubbles or foam which disappearedwithin a couple of seconds.

Ratings:
Taste (12oz of Regular Milk) - 9

You can definately tell this is a "nut" protein but I did not taste cookie dough. The smell of Peanut Butter is very evident from the smell of the powder but the drink itself initially isn't too peanut butter like. Tastes like a light butterscotch with some macadamia aftertaste but as you get more of the shake the peanut butter becomes more evident. Half way through you are bombarded with a plethora of taste that can only be described as AWESOME. This shake seemed to fill me up rather good for about a good hour or so, other shakes leave me hungry.

Mixability (12oz of Regular Milk)
This is the best mixing protein I have used. Hands down this thing mixes as if it were in a blender. I believe that the texture profile is very compatible to liquid more so that other proteins and that is why it mixes so well. When moisture hits this baby it just transforms. I used a regular Nutraplanet shaker. Nothing fancy, mixed awesome.

Consistency
A little messy, water cleans it up perfectly.

Initial Impressions

This protein has a very good macro content if it is inline with the other lipo proteins and I like it for the full feeling it gives me an hour after training. Taste is great and there isn't much of an after taste to deal with as was the case before. The taste intensified after about halfway through and actually surprised me. At first I was all, "This is kind of weak", and then BOOM. Pretty freaking good...and I know Eric will only make it better. I plan on trying this in water to gauge how well it mixes and how different the taste is. I am very picky when it comes to protein in water. I cannot even drink ATW PB Cup in water...I get nauseated. If any one has questions about this I'll be glad to answer them! Stay tuned for Day 2!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
sounds good man.

i wasn't too happy with the original PB flavor's consistency, but thats before they reformulated it to a protein blend, and not just genus... it had a consistency of flour, and got everywhere. being a neat freak, i about had a heart attack when i made a mess with it.

now, the flavor was awesome. i only disliked the consistency.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks good man, might have to get a bit of this in the future.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
sounds good man.

i wasn't too happy with the original PB flavor's consistency, but thats before they reformulated it to a protein blend, and not just genus... it had a consistency of flour, and got everywhere. being a neat freak, i about had a heart attack when i made a mess with it.

now, the flavor was awesome. i only disliked the consistency.
It isn't as messy anymore. Real easy washoff.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
good review man! This stuff sounds delicious! How does it compare to our other flavors?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro, awesome review..very detailed and informative., I myself cannot drink ATW PBC in water, one of the nastiest things i ever tried..thats what kills me with LGs protein, there new multi blend is the best thing in water i have every tried. So i hope this does to.. Look forward to tomorrow.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The question is do you think it is ready for prime time?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
The question is do you think it is ready for prime time?
If you can get this better you are a f*cking genius. This stuff is awesome. I don't know how it can be improved.

good review man! This stuff sounds delicious! How does it compare to our other flavors?
It's the best of the other 2 I've tried. Banana had an aftertaste, chocolate is ok. This has virtually no aftertaste, mixes really well and hardly any mess.

I'll update after my session later in the day with it in water...that is the true test.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
If you can get this better you are a f*cking genius. This stuff is awesome. I don't know how it can be improved.

It's the best of the other 2 I've tried. Banana had an aftertaste, chocolate is ok. This has virtually no aftertaste, mixes really well and hardly any mess.

I'll update after my session later in the day with it in water...that is the true test.
Sounds like this is ready to hit the market Eric!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ya this is sounding good... i'd jump on a tub for sure to try it out.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 2 (Last of the Sample...:sad2:)

Ratings:
Taste (12oz of Water) - 10

The flavor in water blows milk away. The pronounced PB taste is apparent from the first sip...even the smell of bringing it to your lips! My wife asked if there were PB cookies around and she loved the shake! I'm not one to like protein shakes with water, they all suck. This thing is really freaking good! The only time I really had to take protein shakes with water was when I was deployed...no milk around unless you get the milk yourself. No aftertaste like the old banana protein...absolute awesomeness.

Mixability (12oz of water)
This mixed better than the milk but left some of the powder at the bottom afterwards. Really surprised at how this mixes!

Consistency
Same, not a problem.

Overall Thoughts on Day 2:
This stuff could def be a staple the flavor profile is completely unmatched. I would more than likely have this in water as the taste is more apparent from the get go. I added the left over protein to original oatmeal and it kicked butt! I'm drooling if this stuff could get better, it's damn good right now.

Final Review:

I hope I gave as honest a representation of this product as can be given. I know that Eric spends meticulous time in looking for the best ingredients to create top notch supplements and this protein shows it. I've gone away from whey protein recently because I get my protein from whole foods but this product certainly has intrigued me. It could find a place on my kitchen countertop soon. The consistency seems like it would make a great baking agent. Imagine the possibilities. Any questions please ask away!

-MrBig:bigok:

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, that is great. Maybe I will have another batch made up and see if we can get some more testing before release. I am really trying to make it perfect. I could use more PB flavor myself, but I will send out the Banana and Cookies and Cream for people to try.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review man! Amazing that this tastes better in water!

majormass

Awards
how do i get in on some samples of lipotropic protein. the last gemma protein i used sucked. im all for increased kidney functino all that, but the taste has to be delicious in order to take it several times a day. if no samples give some to np cause i m a walk in customer and they always hook me up. gracias

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I actually liked the original Lipotrophic Protein that I ran for you guys, but it did have an aftertaste. If you guys fixed that, this stuff has to be da bomb! I will have to check it out.