The Jakellpet Review Series: LG Science SLIN (sponsored)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I’m a great fan of nutrient-partioner supplements. I must manage my carbohydrate intake carefully to avoid fat gains or instigate fat loss, therefore I find this style of supplement very beneficial.

LG Science brought out Slin some time ago, and thanks to Craig Matthew I got a chance to test drive the product using a number of different scenarios.
Formula:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 125 mg **
Insulin Potentiator Complex 630 mg **
Momordica Charantia (Bitter Melon)
Cinnamon Extract
Vanadyl Sulfate

As noted above, many will be familiar with ALA, cinnamon extract and vanadyl sulphate as nutrient partitioning agents, however Bitter Melon is one I was unfamiliar with. PubMed notes that as well as being a recognised hypoglycaemic herb, bitter melon also has antioxidant properties.

Dosage:
LG recommends 4 caps postWO, however due to the strength of product, I suggest a lower dosage of 2-3 caps.

At a 4 cap dosage, I found I needed to eat more CHOs than was necessary to offset symptoms of hypoglycaemia, which can be felt within 10 minutes of dosing. This is fine when consuming a large cheat meals such as pizza.

Versatility:
Slin is a versatile product, and can be used in a number of scenarios:

*PostWO I generally ran Slin at 2 caps postWO, with 100g of CHO (80:20 complex:simple ratio) and 5g of creatine. This provided good muscle fullness without bloat.

*PreWO 2 caps with 60g of CHO (80:20 ratio) and 5 g of creatine, 1.5hrs preWO provided good pumps, intra-set recovery and endurance, on par with PSlin.

*IntraWO I tried 2, 3 and 4 caps in a mixture of simple CHOs (120g), aminos (20g) and creatine (5g). 4 caps were too strong, I found 3 caps to be the sweet spot.

Price and Value:
Nutraplanet has Slin listed at $26.45 for a 120 cnt bottle. At 2 caps twice a daily this would provide a months supply.

Users could also consider dosing 2 caps a day, on a 5 day on 2 day off protocol to maintain product sensitivity, extending the supply to 6 weeks.

This represents excellent value for money.

General Impressions:
I enjoyed running Slin, and believe it is a very under-rated and highly affordable product. The surprise is LG not promoted Slin more, despite its popularity amongst LG reps.

I would suggest that LG review its dosing on the bottle. Perhaps establish a Sticky or a Q&A thread on AM.

Im going to add Slin as a staple, and certainly recommend it.

Overall rating: 9/10​

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Can u compare this to other nutrient partitioners?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can u compare this to other nutrient partitioners?
most certainly can compare to PSlin. I would say strength-wise, 2 caps of Slin would equal 1 cap of PSlin. I am thinking of cycling these two products, say month rotation.

I havent tried Glycobol yet, but will shortly.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, JKP! I love SLIN. Honestly the best nutrient partitioner I've used, and I've used AP, P-Slin, SLIN, and Glycobol.

I agree with the dosing protocol. 4 is WAY strong. I always use 3 post-workout, and 2 with smaller carb meals (~60g).

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
EXCELLENT review as always my man! Appreciate it!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Whats the difference between AP and Pslin?
30 bucks.

lol..

Pslin for bulking- 60-100mg CHO
AP for recomp-30-50 mg CHO

Im sure the reps will chime in and give a more detailed explanation.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ask the USP reps if you want, but it has been covered numerous times. I'm sure you could run a search for it. I believe it just works via different pathways.

marr0094

Awards
would this product or products like these help my body absorb everything i eat better and ultimately help me pack on muscle mass and gain weight?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Nice review JP! I need to give SLIN a shot. I have tried several others, but not LG's version. Your review has changed that.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
would this product or products like these help my body absorb everything i eat better and ultimately help me pack on muscle mass and gain weight?
That's what it's made for! :veryhappy:

It really is great stuff. Give it a try. You'll be impressed. I just added in a couple extra servings throughout the day and I'm leaning out already. No change in diet or training.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's what it's made for! :veryhappy:

It really is great stuff. Give it a try. You'll be impressed. I just added in a couple extra servings throughout the day and I'm leaning out already. No change in diet or training.
yeah 2caps 3x a day is a nice protocol! :love:

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
Great review JKP!
bitter melon in SLIN has a great nutrient partitioning effects- im surprised not more companies use it. With that said, Ive stacked Pslin + SLIN (@ half dose/each- very effective)

Best,

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great review JKP!
bitter melon in SLIN has a great nutrient partitioning effects- im surprised not more companies use it. With that said, Ive stacked Pslin + SLIN (@ half dose/each- very effective)

Best,
i believe alri's jungle warfare was first place i saw bitter melon. so it's been around for awhile.:bigok: very nice objective review.:veryhappy:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great review JKP!

Best,
This is a novel idea Id like to try, or substituting 1 cap of PSLin for 2x Slin in USP's Monsta Shake protocol. Nice one AG :veryhappy:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a novel idea Id like to try, or substituting 1 cap of PSLin for 2x Slin in USP's Monsta Shake protocol. Nice one AG :veryhappy:
Yeeep.

I crack open 3 caps of SLIN and dump it in my post-workout shake containing:

1hsc Lipotropic Protein
1sc Perfect Carb
1/2c Brown Rice Flour

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
brown rice flour, interesting, never heard of this