Josh's Recon/Assult Sponsored Log

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Josh's Recon/Assult Sponsored Log

Just got a shipment of Recon and Assault from MusclePharm. Much thanks to PMiller for the opportunity to do this log.

I'll try to get some pictures for comparison up on the site pretty soon if I can manage to find a digital camera. Here are my before stats:

Height: 5'10.5"
    Weight: 180lbs
    Body Fat %: appx. 12%

Right now my goal is to build muscle while keeping my body fat gains to a bare minimum. I'm on a high protein, high carbohydrate, moderate fat diet. I'm not really shooting for super high calorie counts per day, rather I'm doing it by feel. So far I've been experiencing success; keeping my body fat low and gradually increasing muscularity and strength, but now with these supplements throw into my mix, I'm expecting even better results.

This is my current workout split:

Mondays - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Bench Press 4 x 10-12, 8-10, 6-8, 4-6
    Incline DB Press 4 x 10-12 (ballistic sets, very slow negatives)
    Pullovers (I may do a couple sets of pullovers for serratus) 50lbs x 15
    Upright Rows 3 x 10, 8, 6-8
    Side Laterals 3 x 8-10
    Parallel Bar Dips 3 x failure (slow negatives, full range of motion)

Tuesdays - Legs/Back/Biceps
    Leg Press 4 x 12-15, 10-12, 8-10, 6-8
    a.) Hack Squats 3 x 8-10
    b.) Leg Curls 3 x 8-10
    Pull-ups x 50 reps (I do full range of motion)
    Cable Rows 3-4 x 8-10, 6-8, 6-8, (4-6)
    Heavy Barbell Curls 3-4 x 8-10 then 4-6 with a little cheating (full ROM, very slow negatives)

Wednesdays - OFF

Thursdays - Shoulders/Chest
    Military Press 4 x 10-12, 8-10, 6-8, 4-6
    Upright Rows 3 x 10, 8, 6
    Arnold Presses 3 x 10, 8, 6
    Barbell Neck Press 3 x 10, 8, 6-8
    Incline DB Press 3 x (same as above)

Fridays - Back/Biceps/Legs
    Pull-ups to back x 4-5 sets positive failure, full ROM, lots of stretching
    Barbell Rows 4 x 10-12, 8-10, 6-8, 4-6
    Deadlifts 3 x 8, 4-5, 1-3 (after warmups)
    Incline DB Curls 2 x 6-8 (full range of motion, peak contraction, slow TUT)
    Prone DB Curls 2 x 6-8 (same as above)
    a.) Hack Squats 3 x 10-12 (usually go pretty light)
    b.) Leg Curls 3 x 10

I take Saturdays and Sundays off. The a.) and b.) mean I'm doing supersets. I usually do 3-4 ab workouts per week, I just do them on the days when I have the most energy to do them. I keep a training diary so I'll try to keep this log updated with my workout logs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recon is described as a pre-workout matrix designed to enhance recovery, control cortisol levels, and boost the immune system, among other things.

Description from MusclePharm's website:

Clinically Tested BCAA Ratios 3:1:2

RECOVER Matrix
    The most abundant amino acid in the body, glutamine, is known as the immune boosting and muscle building properties. RECON™ has over 7 grams of glutamine per serving, along with several other powerful, recovery-inducing agents.

REBUILD Matrix (ANABOLIC PRIMER)
    Research has proven time and time again Essential and Branched Chain amino acids to be critical components of the muscle building process. Especially in immediate post-training “window of growth”, BCAAs and EAAs are critical components of muscle repair and rebuilding. RECON™ contains 10 grams of EAA’s and 6 grams of BCAAs

REFUEL Matrix (MUSCLE EXTENDER)
    Beta Alanine and Citruline Malate have been shown to help replenish cellular energy, to fuel ongoing muscular contractions for harder, more intense training sessions. RECON™ REFUEL Matrix will facilitate cellular energy replenishment and prepare the muscle cells for the next training session.

REGENERATE Matrix (MUSCLE TOXIN REMOVER)
    RECON™ is hyper-loaded with key herbal extracts and phytochemicals specifically included for their role in recovery, regeneration and rebuilding. The REGENERATE Matrix also contains several cellular detoxifiers, free-radical and cellular pollutant scavengers, specifically designed to remove metabolic waste for improved recovery and cell health.

RELOAD Matrix (INSULINOGENIC)
    Insulin is the most anabolic hormone in the body, bar none. RECON™ contains several proven nutrient “drivers”, insulinogenics and insulin mimetics, specifically included to help thrust recovery agents from the bloodstream into the muscle cells. RECON™’s RELOAD Matrix acts as a hyper-loaded nutrient delivery system, formulated to stimulate rapid nutrient uptake for maximal muscle growth and repair.

RECHARGE Matrix (ANTI-STRESS-ADAPTOGEN)
    Cortisol and free-radicals are the two primary opponents to cellular health and recovery. RECHARGE Matrix contains several specific compounds included to control cortisol, the stress-response / growth-inhibiting hormone.

REPLENISHMENT Matrix (CARB-MAX™ blend)
    Carb-Max™ blend is a scientifically formulated combination of specific carbohydrate sources, each specifically chosen for its unique energy-yielding properties and recovery enhancement capabilities. The Carb-Max™ blend contains 3 different mono- and polysaccharides, combined to yield rapid, sustained cellular replenishment.

Assault is a pre-workout supplement designed to increase energy, endurance, pump and focus.

Description from MusclePharm's website:

ASSAULT was born after years of painstaking research and contains a meticulously engineered matrix of maximally synergistic performance enhancing compounds formulated to ignite muscle growth, increase power output, maximize concentration, and super charge your energy and stamina. By combining such scientifically tested and field proven ingredients Muscle Pharm has provided bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes with the most radically potent pre-workout formula in the sports supplement industry! Within just minutes after consuming your very first serving you will begin to feel the freakish effects of ASSAULT, and experience a level of focus and drive you have never known before.

I'll be starting this stack on my next workout day, which is Thursday. I'll be noting my experiences with these products on a regular basis.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

I trained on that Thursday but I knew I was going to be out of town for a family emergency on Friday so I decided to start the stack this upcoming Monday when I have a whole week of lifting ahead of me. Plus these three days off will give me a good little break.

So if you're interested, check back in on Monday or Tuesday and I'll have started updating this log with my dosing schedule and workout logs.

Peace
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

subbed bro- looking forward to following your progress...

this Recon is LEGIT.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

I'm looking forward to trying it out!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Okay, time to update! I apologize for not doing this sooner, but I've been really busy these past few days.

First off, let me start by saying that this stack is looking very promising. I started the stack this past Monday and worked out on that day and Tuesday. Yesterday was an off day and today is Thanksgiving so my gym is closed! I did do about 20 minutes of hard posing, some pushups and some dips a little after taking a serving of assault instead of my regular "push" workout. I got a super pump and felt great! So far that's the primary benefit I'm getting from Assault - the pumps. The energy bonus is there, but it's clean rather than stimulant-heavy, which is okay for me. But it gives me pumps just as good if not better than any other product I've ever taken that's designed for similar effects. Mix it with a good amount of water or some of the powder will clump at the bottom. I had raspberry lemonade flavor and it taste like a fruit drink. Good.

My workouts weren't as product as they normally are since I had to workout very early in the mornings. However, Assault pepped me up so I could push through them with a focus. The energy wasn't as high as I like it to be, but a lot of that had to do with other factors. But the stamina and focus to finish the workouts was there, so Assault seemed to do the trick.

But this is mainly a log for Muscle Pharm's newer product, Recon, so let met dive in... So far, Recon seems very legit. I've taken it every day since Monday and my muscles feel really full; especially in the mornings. After my workouts and after have taken a serving of Recon, I don't feel as drained as I normally do and my muscles stay "full." For instance, after a hard workout, later on that night if I do some posing in front of a mirror, the pump comes a little tougher than it did before my workout. With Recon, I can get a pump just as easy if I want to do some flexing after my workouts. So if you like keeping that "full" feeling all the time, Recon seems like the way to go. I'll be able to comment more on its effects as time goes on. As far as the taste goes, it's really good. By far the best product with BCAAs in it that I've ever tried. I think it actually taste better than Assault... Like a fruity drink, but in no ways displeasing. Kudos for the great job on flavoring!!!

I'll start logging my workouts tomorrow
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Update: I just found out my gym is closed today, so I can't get in my workout, dang it! I took 1/2 of a scoop of Assault upon waking and I can feel it working its magic. It's just too bad I can't be in a gym! I've got pretty good energy right now and I feel that full feeling all over. I'll probably go do some flexing/stretching in a little bit to have some fun with Assault.

So starting Monday I'll be updating this log with my workouts and experiences with these products!!!

Peace
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

cool man- hope you had a good turkey day
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Monday 12-01 Day 5

Workout: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Abs
    Bench Press 185 x 11, 190 x 9, 195 x 8
    a.) Incline DB Press 50 x 11, 50 x 10, 50 x 10 (Explosive, very slow negs)
    b.) Pullovers 50 x 12 x 3 (Mainly for serratus)
    a.) Arnold Presses 40 x 10, 40 x 8, 45 x 7
    b.) Rear Laterals 25 x 12, 30 x 10, 30 x 9 (strict)
    Bar Dips 2 sets of failure (25, 18)
    Reverse Crunches 3 x 15
    Side Bends 2 x 15 each side

The Assault gave pretty good energy to get through the workout and gave me a pretty good pump.

Post Workout: 1 scoop Recon + 25g Dextrose / 50g Whey

Felt nice and relaxed after the workout and my muscles maintained a feeling of fullness for quite a while, which was nice. Felt generally good.

___
    I'm writing this on Tuesday. Woke up and was slightly sore across the chest, but I did just take a few days off from my closed gym. About to go workout so I'll update again later.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Update:

Here are my following workout logs up until now, including my experiences with Assault and MusclePharm's new product, Recon.

Tuesday - 12/02/09 (Day 6) - Legs/Back/Biceps
    Leg Press 300 x 15, 420 x 10, 460 x 10, 500 x 8
    a.) Hack Squats 145 x 10 x 4 sets
    b.) Leg Curls 110 x 10, 120 x 10, 130 x 10 x 2 sets
    Pullups BW x 13, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5 = 51
    Underhand BB Rows 135 x 10 warmup / 155 x 10, 165 x 8, 175 x 8, 185 x 6
    ** Normally I do overhand rows but these really felt great! Used really strict form
    BB Curls 95 x 7, 95 x 6 - 2 second negatives, wide arc
    Prone Curls 35 x 8 x 2 sets
    Did some crunches, didn't write it down though

Wednesday - OFF

Thursday - Day 7 - Shoulders/Chest/Triceps/Abs
    Military Press 115 x 10, 120 x 8, 125 x 7, 130 x 5
    Upright Rows 95 x 12, 105 x 8, 115 x 7
    Side Laterals 25lbs burnout 14 strict reps in place of Arnold Presses (would have been too much volume for shoulders, I think.. Will probably rework this workout)
    Barbell Neck Press 165 x 10, 175 x 9, 185 x 6, 185 x 5
    Incline DB Press 50 x 12, 12, 10 (only have 50lbs DBs in my school's gym right now, which sucks, but I'm explosive coming up and do 3 second negs to a good stretch)
    Reverse Crunches x 15, 15, 15

Friday - Back/Biceps/Legs
    Pullups to Back x 11, 9, 8, 6 = 34
    Underhand Rows 165 x 12, 175 x 10, 185 x 8, 195 x 7
    Deadlifts (225 x 10 warmups), 300 x 6, 310 x 5, 320 x 3
    Incline Curls 40 x 8 x 2 sets really strict
    Prone Curls 35 x 8 x 2 sets, strict

______________________________ _____________________________

So far I can say that Assault gives the best pumps I've ever had from a pre-workout product. There isn't much of a stim effect, but I'm pretty sure they weren't going for that as I've heard that each serving contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. If I want stim effects, I'll go for jack3d. Assault gives a good, clean energy and great pumps! I only workout for about 45-50 minutes and I feel like I could workout for hours (though I don't, of course ) Haven't noticed a lot as far as strength gains, but they come gradually. My body was never built for brute strength, so strength gains come slow anyway. As far as I can tell, Assault helps out as much as any other pre-workout supp in this category, up until this point anyway.

Okay, but Recon is the biggie in this stack so here's what I've noticed so far. I generally feel better post-workouts, if that makes any sense. My body feels good. Of course I'm relaxed after a good workout, but since I've been taken Recon I generally feel less drained during the hours following a workout. My muscles feel nice and full the next morning. Soreness isn't a factor. Each workout I continue to push myself a little harder and the pump always comes on pretty strong (which for me has always been a good sign because if I ever can't get the pump, I know I'm probably in need of some rest). So far so good! I'll keep updating.

Once I'm completely done I'll be able to look back through my notes and really give a comprehensive review. It's hard to notice change on a daily basis. After a month or so is usually when I can look back and tell if a supplement helped me. So far though, these products definitely seem to be legit, and that's the truth.

Oh, I'll also note that I've been getting a lot of leaning effects, most likely from this stack. My diet isn't set for what I'm getting, so it's pretty cool. It looks like these products would be great for a bulk and a cut.

I'll update later with yesterday and today's workouts.

Peace!
  10. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.72%

Log looks good bro!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Capnsavem's RECON mission: commencing ReBuild (sponsored)
    By capnsavem in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
  2. Orangepeels No Fancy Tittle Needed *RECON* Log (Sponsored)
    By Orangepeel in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
  3. assult sucks
    By brownstown89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 07:45 PM