Rodja's LG Ecdy Log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, I want to thank all of the guys at LG for selecting me to run the beat of their new ecdy product. This will be the second time that I've tried an ecdy product that was not a pill/powder (the other was EcdyMax by EAS back in 2003). Coincidentally, perhaps, this was the product that gave me the best effects upon by body composition (+6 lbs LBM, -2 lbs BF) and I'm hoping that this sublingual spray has the same type of effects.

Dosing is 4 sprays, 6x/day.

Staples:
20g BCAA
80g WMS
2-3 AP
400mg Magnesium
1 B-50

I've been running all of this for over a month now and can discern between them and the Ecdy.

Starting Stats:
5'10"
200 lbs
13.7% BF (I did the BodPod yesterday)

Main Lifts for Assessment (Current/Goal):
Dips: BW+100x5/BW+115x5
P-P: 185x3/195x3
Chins: BWx6/BWx10
DB Press: 90x5/100x5
Incline Press: 190x1/205x1
Front Squats: 235x1/245x1
SLDL: 295x3/305x3

At the moment, I'm only worried about increasing strength on big, compound lifts and not so much on LBM. What I love about this kind of training is the thickness that I get and, IMO, it helps to develop the fibers better (along with the tendons). I will also be training MMA at least 2x/week in addition to lifting 3x/week.

Let the fun begin...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also need to point out that the 200 lbs is an inflated number; I ate pretty dirty the entire weekend and had some major bloat yesterday morning.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To kick off this log:

11/12-Vertical F/E, Core

Foam Roll

Chins/Dips: BWx6/BWx15, BWx6/BW+45x12, BWx6/BW+70x8, BWx6/BW+90x5
P-P: 165x5, 185x3, 190x3 (PR)
DB Shrugs: 130x12, 140x12
Hammer Curls/Rope Pressdowns: 55x8/130x12, 55x8/130x12
Cable Crunches/Planks: 130x20/20 sec, 130x20/20 sec

Dynamic and Static Stretches
Foam Roll

I started in a lot of back pain today. The chairs we have at work are very uncomfortable and put a lot of strain on my erectors. I spent about 10 minutes rolling out my hips, glutes, hams, and back in addition to 5 or so rolling out my shoulders and lats. After I loosened them up, I started and I got some amazing contractions. By the end, I had some great vascularity in forearms and a nasty pump in my delts/trap area. It's still far too early to make any judgments upon the efficacy of the ecdy, but, from previous experience, it starts to kick in at about the day 6-7 mark.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
subbed for this one rodja u do some good logging and always give excellent and unbiased opinions about everything so im definately in to see what this delivery of ecdy can do

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/18-MMA

I started off with some grappling working mainly my top game. The main focus of my BJJ has to actually been to incorporate a better base of wrestling using techniques such as grabbing the foot to switch positions. I still struggle when I get into side control and usually hope to spring through or look for an underhook. If that doesn't work, I'm generally done However, using some of the aforementioned wrestling tactics, I'm starting to switch positions and then work my chokes and armbars. Also, I am focusing on using 90% technique and only 10% strength. My transitions have really taken a step forward and can now really flow from half-guard to side control to S mount to full mount (if need be).

After 30 minutes of grappling, I gloved up and started sparring. We didn't include kicks today, but TD and grappling was. Surprisingly, my cardio was really high and I was able to continuously go and kept a solid pace. It wasn't like Clay Guida, but I was able to keep on the pressure while keeping my technique and working my range. I didn't shoot in, but I did work my TD from the clinch using some judo and Greco trick. I was able to finish each round with a submission (1st armbar, 2nd kimura, 3rd modified guillotine). I was breathing very heavily, but I could still go another round. I won't be fighting anytime in the near future, but a few of the guys have some fights coming up and I'm using this time to work my game and slowly working myself back into shape.

11/18-MMA

I started off with some grappling working mainly my top game. The main focus of my BJJ has to actually been to incorporate a better base of wrestling using techniques such as grabbing the foot to switch positions. I still struggle when I get into side control and usually hope to spring through or look for an underhook. If that doesn't work, I'm generally done However, using some of the aforementioned wrestling tactics, I'm starting to switch positions and then work my chokes and armbars. Also, I am focusing on using 90% technique and only 10% strength. My transitions have really taken a step forward and can now really flow from half-guard to side control to S mount to full mount (if need be).

After 30 minutes of grappling, I gloved up and started sparring. We didn't include kicks today, but TD and grappling was. Surprisingly, my cardio was really high and I was able to continuously go and kept a solid pace. It wasn't like Clay Guida, but I was able to keep on the pressure while keeping my technique and working my range. I didn't shoot in, but I did work my TD from the clinch using some judo and Greco trick. I was able to finish each round with a submission (1st armbar, 2nd kimura, 3rd modified guillotine). I was breathing very heavily, but I could still go another round. I won't be fighting anytime in the near future, but a few of the guys have some fights coming up and I'm using this time to work my game and slowly working myself back into shape.

with other Ecdy products, how much do you use a day?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
with other Ecdy products, how much do you use a day?
I tinkered with dosage. When I was looking for just an ergogenic aid, I'd go with 400-500mg of active. When looking to harness it's anabolic activity, I used up to 1g/day. I only used that much when I was cutting weight for a fight and to boost my RBC count.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always been interested in finding an ecdy product that actually produces noticeable effects

I tinkered with dosage. When I was looking for just an ergogenic aid, I'd go with 400-500mg of active. When looking to harness it's anabolic activity, I used up to 1g/day. I only used that much when I was cutting weight for a fight and to boost my RBC count.
whoa that would be costly.....

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbing in

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/19-OFF

One thing to really note: my appetite is really, really high on this. My usual breakfast keeps me full for about 3-3.5 hours, but, lately, I'm hungry within 2.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/19-OFF

One thing to really note: my appetite is really, really high on this. My usual breakfast keeps me full for about 3-3.5 hours, but, lately, I'm hungry within 2.
That's great news. I love a ravenous appetite.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im subbed in on this brother!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/20-Vertical F/E, Core

Foam Roll: main focus on hips, anterior delt, and posterior rotator cuff muscles

Incline BP-165x3, 185x1, 190x1, 195x1 (+5 lbs)
DB Rows-130x12, 140x12, 150x8+4
Flat DB Press-80x5, 90x5
Cable Rows-2x200x10
Trunk Rotations/Rear Flys: 50x20/45x12, 50x20/50x10, 50x20/50x10

Static and Dynamic Stretches
Foam Roll

Damn good session, especially in terms of focus and endurance. There were moments were it seemed like everything was in slow motion in terms of concentration and tunnel vision. It was almost like I couldn't even see the faces of the other people in the gym for some of the sets. I'm slowly regaining my chest strength and I've noticed some great improvements in my flexibility since I began to foam roll. Not nearly as much and discomfort and improved recovery as well.

The vascularity is starting to kick in with regards to my forearms. I can tell when my vascularity is good if I can see the veins by my thumbs. Also, my endurance is really starting to kick up between sets and I had to slow myself down a couple of times. Ecdy tends to kick in at about a week and this session was day 6 and was later in the night after 4 meals and high carb/protein intake. Either way, I'm feeling great in terms of mood.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/22-Thighs, Core

Foam Roll
Dynamic Stretches

Front Squat/Box Jump (30"): 185x3/3, 205x3/3
Front Squat: 225x1, 235x1, 245x1 (PR)
SLDL: 275x5, 295x3, 305x3 (PR)
Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises: BW+45x15/15, BW+45x15/15, BW+45x15/15

Static Stretches
Foam Roll
Dynamic Stretches

Amazing session; hit 2 PRs on big lifts and felt great. I love how good of a mood that this ecdy puts me in. It's kinda odd because this is how I start to feel on test boosters and not really ecdy. My mood, focus, and aggression are all up along with my focus and work capacity.

Week 1 Review:

Strength 10/10: I'm hitting PRs like crazy on big lifts.
Mood 10/10: I feel great all throughout the day and I'm having more fun training than I have in a long time.
Vascularity 7/10: There are marked improvements, but it is not throughout the day; it's still early, however.
Hardness/Fullness 7/10: The area I'm really noticing this is in my delts. They seem more round all day and a tad split for once.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 1 Review:

Strength 10/10: I'm hitting PRs like crazy on big lifts.
Mood 10/10: I feel great all throughout the day and I'm having more fun training than I have in a long time.
Vascularity 7/10: There are marked improvements, but it is not throughout the day; it's still early, however.
Hardness/Fullness 7/10: The area I'm really noticing this is in my delts. They seem more round all day and a tad split for once.
pretty impressive....;)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats your diet looking like? can you post it:)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update! It really looks like it's starting to kick in now.

Nice job on those lifts!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats your diet looking like? can you post it:)
It's pretty close to this:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (2 whole, 2 whites), 4 oz ground meat, 1 oz cheese, 2 Tbsp salsa, 10 oz red potatoes, 1 Tbsp EVOO (all mixed in a bowl together) and 1 serving fruit
Meal 2: 45g MC, 5g fish oil
Meal 3: 8-10oz chicken, 2 servings green bean (sometimes, it's also with 4 oz dry pasta and sauce)
Meal 4: 15g BCAA, 60g WMS, 25g SuperCarb
Meal 5: 8-10oz chicken, 1/2 large avocado
Meal 6: 45g MC, 5g fish oil
Meal 7: 4-6 eggs

SubEcdy at every feeding.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
so now that you've been on it for a little more than a week how does it compare to the np bulk? and what results have you seen?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so now that you've been on it for a little more than a week how does it compare to the no bulk? and what results have you seen?
I've started to notice strength gains and, most importantly, improved recovery. I don't get enough sleep these days and it has really hampered my recovery, but I wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've started to notice strength gains and, most importantly, improved recovery. I don't get enough sleep these days and it has really hampered my recovery, but I wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.
Is this similar or different than what you've experienced with past Ecdy products?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this similar or different than what you've experienced with past Ecdy products?
It's similar in the recovery aspect, but there is something very different about this one. As I said earlier, my mood is similar to being on a good test booster and I'm seeing some aggression as well. I'm not really sure why, but it's been peaking and I'm really enjoying it.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
It's similar in the recovery aspect, but there is something very different about this one. As I said earlier, my mood is similar to being on a good test booster and I'm seeing some aggression as well. I'm not really sure why, but it's been peaking and I'm really enjoying it.
Excellent feed back man!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/24-Vertical F/E, Core

Foam Roll
Dynamic Stretches

Chins/Dips: BWx8/BWx15, BWx8/BW+45x12, BWx8/BW+70x8, BWx8/BW+90x5
P-P: 185x3, 190x3
DB Shrugs: 130x12, 140x12
Seated DB Curls/Overhead DB Ex: 50x8/80x12, 50x8/90x10
Cable Crunches/Planks: 145x20/20, 145x20/20, 145x20/20

Static and Dynamic Stretches
Foam Roll

This session was very bipolar; I started out with a full head of a steam and plowed through the opening sets with a great pump and focus. However, when I got into my working sets of P-P, something hit me and my head just left me. I have no clue what happened, but I lost my focus and M-M connection. I had every intention of going to 195 on P-P, but I didn't want to risk any injury. I've been battling a URI, but it's only hampered my cardio and not my actual focus or anything of that nature. Hopefully, the extra rest from the holiday will allow me to full recuperate and bring it on Friday. I am going to spar tonight, but it may only be contact sparring and not full-bore sparring.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/25-Boxing

I didn't have as much time to train as usual on this day (I only had 90 minutes instead of 120), so I pretty much went straight to work. I worked up my hips and hams and then went into the ring and started. I did about 8 rounds total (not including the warm-up rounds) and made 2 priorities: focus on rolling to the outside to set up a lead hook and to work the body. There were at least 5-6 times were I was able to land the roll and hook with both orthodox and southpaw stances.

The focus for body shots is something I've really worked on and is a source of pride for me. My favorite strike is the liver kick while I'm in the southpaw stance and I love to change levels and drive into my rear hand to dig into the liver. I landed those over and over last night and dropped both sparring partners from them. The best part about them is that you can train at about 60% to the head, yet still go 100% to the body. That and they accumulate throughout the rounds and destroy anyone's cardio.

My weight is at about 196 right now and I am looking a tad drier than normal.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome updates and some very interesting feedback indeed :) Can't wait to hear what next week brings!

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/27-Horizontal F/E, Core
Incline BP: 185x1, 195x1
BB Rows: 245x12, 255x10

After this, my wrist was killing me and I had to throw in the towel. Needless to say, it was a very disappointing session and one of the worst of my life.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/29-Back

Foam Roll

BB Rows: 245x12, 275x10, 295x8
DB Rows: 140x12, 150x10
HS Uni Supinated Low Row: 125x12, 145x12, 170x8
Cable Rows: 200x12, 200x12, 220x8
Hypers: BWx15, BW+45x15, BW+45x15, BW+45x15

DC Stretches
Foam Roll

I felt very vindicated after this session. HUGE pump in my back and some really, really good numbers. I went about 2-3" wider on BB and Cable Rows and I felt it much lower in the lats; almost near the "Christmas Tree" area. Needless to say, some very nice soreness from it, but in the best way possible. I've had a nagging cough that's been pestering me for some time now and it's really killing my cardio, so I didn't spar last night and I won't during the week. I also have a ton of papers/presentation that are due over the next 7 days, so my stress level is very high.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any gains so far, or noticeable differences Rodja?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/1-Chest, Biceps

Incline DB Press: 75x8, 80x5
Flat Flys/Seated DB Curls: 50x12/50x8, 50x12/50x8
HS Preacher Curls: 100x15, 125x12
HS Decline Press: 100x15, 125x10
HS Incline Press: 100x6, 100x5
Cable Crossovers/High Cable Curls: 50x15/50x12, 60x12/50x12

DC Stretches

I've had a slight change of plan this week. Due to the rigors of grad school catching up to me, I've been in a major sleep debt as of late. So, instead of pushing every session, I switched gears this week and went back to my old split for this week. This session in particular was done at a furious clip. I started at 8:05 PM and ended at 8:40 PM; the increased pumps and endurance from the ecdy was very noticeable during this session. I had to slow myself down a few times to get some water and to redo my the tape on my wrist. My muscles were full after my first working set for each muscle and the vascularity in my forearms was very impressive. My weight is ~197 and I really wasn't looking to much for any significant LBM gains, but there has also been a slight recomp effect from this. My abs are starting to poke through again and my intercostal region is much more noticeable. So much so that my fiancee has noticed.

That and my libido has been WAY up the past few weeks. I'm guessing the increased nitrogen retention has a lot to due with this.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/4: Triceps/Delts/Traps

DB Shoulder Press: 60x12, 70x8, 75x5
CG: 155x12, 165x10, 185x5
Lying Ex/Seated Side Laterals: 75x12/35x12, 85x10/40x10
Pressdowns: 160x12, 175x10
Cable Laterals: 2x20x15
Leaning Overhead Rope Ex: 2x100x10
Smtih Shrugs: 315x12, 365x10
Rear Flys: 40x12, 45x12

DC Stretches

Brutal pump from this session. I had to pull back on some of the volume and intensity because my lower back was really tight from the weather change. I foam rolled at the beginning and the end, but only was able to really alleviate the tension at the end. My left gluteus medialis was tense and, once I rolled it properly, my back felt instantly better. There was a pop and instant relief. Grad school is really killing my schedule, but this is the last week for the semester and my finals will be easier than the projects that I've had to do.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brutal pump from this session. I had to pull back on some of the volume and intensity because my lower back was really tight from the weather change. I foam rolled at the beginning and the end, but only was able to really alleviate the tension at the end. My left gluteus medialis was tense and, once I rolled it properly, my back felt instantly better. There was a pop and instant relief. Grad school is really killing my schedule, but this is the last week for the semester and my finals will be easier than the projects that I've had to do.
Finishing things out myself. The projects are always the toughest part. It's nice to get them over and just have the exams left.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/7-Back

Wide Lat Pulls: 200x12, 220x10, 240x8
DB Rows: 130x12, 140x10, 150x8+4 (15 sec R/P)
HS Supinated Low Rows: 135x12, 145x12
Overhand Cable Rows: 2x200x10
Straight Arm Pulls: 50x15, 60x12

DC Stretches

I was really looking forward to this session all day long and it was a good one. Despite my hectic schedule, I've been able to eat really well lately and have seen some very nice vascularity as a result. The most noticeable change has been the anterior part of my forearms. Tons of veins popping out and it gets even better when I am doing anything that hits the forearm flexors and/or effects grip. I had a really sick pump from this session and it lasted for over an hour and I have some nice soreness today all along my lats and mid-traps. My lower back feels pretty good and my fiancee was generous enough to work out some of the kinks in my RC muscles. Legs are on tap for later this evening and I have ~1/3 of the bottle of ecdy left. Weight is holding around 200 and with a leaner look than at the beginning, even though there is not a numerical difference on the scale.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/8-Thighs

Foam Roll
Dynamic Stretches

Front Squat/Back Squat: 185x5/185x5, 205x3/205x5
SLDL: 245x10, 275x8
Uni LP: 300x12, 390x10, 480x8
Walking DB Lunge: 60x12, 60x12
Walking DB Lunge/Split Jump: 60x12/BWx4

DC Stretches

FML. That's about all I can say about this session. The squat superset took out a ton of wind out of my sails, but it was well worth it. HUGE pump from just those two sets (BTW, everyone should try that whenever they're feeling complacent in their thigh training) and the rest just made it better. I had it set in my mind to do split jumps after every set of lunges, but my body wouldn't comply until the final one. My hips have been slightly tilted because I've been staying at my fiancee's place and her bed is horrible. It's more of a discomfort than pain, but I'm going to pre-hab diligently over the next few days to be on the safe side. I'm going to finish this week up and then test my max lifts to assess the ecdy.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to your max lifts.. and your full review of this product