MassFX MS/TD Formestane/HGHup/Sustain Alpha-LV.. Time to get swollzz, NATTY style! ;)

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established

Basic Info & Goal: So here’s the deal.. I haven’t ran any ‘test boosting’ supplements in awhile now, so it’s time to give it a go. I’ve been on a rotating strength/power routine for the past 2.5 months and I am definitely missing size/volume training, along with the mass that comes along with it! So I thought, heck, it’s been long enough, let’s throw my muscles into the blender and get back into a volume/body building style routine. I.e. time to gain some SIZE! And what better way than to throw in a sweet stack that will help give me the edge. My starting weight for this log is 180lbs, and my goal weight by the end of this log is 190lbs (or as much as I can get.. lifelong goal, a LEAN 205lbs). And just for the record, I got into bodybuilding/lifting weights in 2006, after being an elite level high school cross country runner. After my freshman year of running in college, I decided to ‘retire’ and pursue the body I’ve always wanted since my childhood.

Stack (pictured above) consists of: MassFX Maximum Strength (by Anabolic Xtreme), Transdermal Formestane (by Competitive Edge Labs), HGHup (by Applied Nutriceuticals) Sustain Alpha w/ Liqua Vade (by Primordial Performance) and Life Support (X2) (by Anabolic Innovations).

Dosing procedure/protocol:

Weeks 1-4 (November 16th, 2009 – December 14th, 2009):

MassFX MS - 4 caps daily (Lifting days: 1 am, 2 pre-wo, 1 pm ; Off days: 1-1-1-1)
TD Formestane - 100mg daily (2 squirts AM, 2 squirts PM) *Will taper off
HGHup - 5 caps daily (pm; full dose right before bed)
Life Support - 3 caps daily (1-1-1 ; am/afternoon/pm)

Weeks 5-8 (December 14th, 2009 – January 11th, 2010):

Liquid Sustain Alpha - 2 servings daily (am/pm ; 5 days on, 2 off) *Will taper off
Life Support - 3 caps daily (1-1-1; am/afternoon/pm)

Other supplements: Arginine AKG, Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate, Kwick Karb (Waxy Maize), Omega-3s, Orange Triad (Multi), Bulk Super Cissus RX , Whey Protein Isolate, P-Slin,, Anabolic Pump and Xtend BCAAs.

Diet: My diet usually consists of.. eating everything in sight (as long as it’s somewhat clean; I try to avoid fast food, certain fats, etc). Since before lifting I ran cross country/track for many years, my metabolism is beyond fast. For me to make any gains, I have to be eating around 3500-4000calories daily. My BF% stays pretty consistent and usually sits between 7-11% (never goes above 15%). Also, I do not drink or use any recreational drugs.

Before pictures: Alright, below are the pictures I took last night. I was completely soft and as you might have noticed, not as big as in previous log pictures.. keep in mind I switched up from bodybuilding/volume training to strength/power training for these past few months, so I wasn’t expecting to look near as big hah.. but that ‘should’ hopefully change by the end of this log ;)

Training: As previously stated, I have been on a power/strength based routine (DeFranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards) over the past few months and it’s time to switch it up! In my previous ‘training’ history, my body seems to respond better to ‘higher’ rep ranges vs. more traditional strength/power ‘lower’ rep ranges. When I do strength/power training, true, I do get stronger, and a bit thicker, but my body doesn’t get that more ‘jacked’ look like it does on bodybuilding/volume style training. And honestly, my strength stays fairly similar on both styles of training, although, as I said, volume of course gets me ‘bigger.’ Anyway, so my training for the next 9 weeks is being provided via Team Scivation’s free e-book, ‘Tri-Phase Training 2: Specialized Hypertrophy Program.’ If you are unfamiliar with the program, you can download the e-book for free from the Scivation’s e-book site, scivationbooks.com.. I am really looking forward to starting the program and I hope it actually works! Haha. . Scivation, here’s lookin’ at you ;)

Phase 1 – Volume (increasing the volume each week)

Week 1 = 3 sets per exercise
Week 2 = 4 sets per exercise
Week 3 = 5 sets per exercise

Monday (Back + Traps) -
Sumo Deadlift – 3-5 X 6-10
Good Mornings – 3-5 X 6-10
Pull-Up – 3-5 X 6-10
Bent Over Row – 3-5 X 6-10
BB Shrug – 3-5 X 6-10
Seated Cable Row – 3-5 X 6-10

Tuesday (Chest + Shoulder) -
Bench Press (DB) – 3-5 X 6-10
Incline Press (DB) – 3-5 X 6-10
Dips – 3-5 X 6-10
Military or DB Press – 3-5 X 6-10
Cable Lateral Raise ss/ Rear Delt Cable Raise – 3-5 X 6-10

Thursday (Legs) -
Squats – 3-5 X 6-10
Stiff Leg Deadlift – 3-5 X 6-10
Heels up Hack Squat (Frog Stance) – 3-5 X 6-10
Glute Ham Raise (GHR) – 3-5 X 6-10
Lunges – 3-5 X 6-10

Friday (Arms + Calves) -
BB Curl – 3-5 X 6-10
Close Grip Bench – 3-5 X 6-10
Skull Crusher – 3-5 X 6-10
DB Curl – 3-5 X 6-10
Standing Calf Raise – 3-5 X 6-10
Seated Calf Raise – 3-5 X 6-10

.. will add the additional phases as they come about..

** Note: Some of the lifts have been substituted for similar exercises that either A) my body responds better to, or B) due to the probability of agitating a previous injury.

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
BY the way! I started this morning, will post more details as soon as I get back from lunch :)
My first workout will be tonight after work!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. Good luck, brother.

Damn that Sustain Alpha Liqua-Vade is sweet! Let me know if you have any questions along the way. :cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
VERY detailed first post, Noah! Excellent. Looking forward to this log (also to see your experience with both HGHup♂ and Oral Sustain Alpha Liqua-Vade).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
word bro i didnt think u were for real about this
eny ? let me know

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses everyone.. Today was my first day on the stack, which means in a few minutes I will be consuming the full HGHup dose and hopefully finding myself in dreamland soon enough hah. Anyway, today's workout was hard, but not very long. This new training routine definitely leaves a little bit of gas in the tank, although I know it will be getting harder in the weeks to come. I also definitely felt a small amount of mental stimulation today; I have found it a bit easier to focus. I am sure these effects will become even more prominent in the days that follow. I am really looking forward to what this stack has to offer :) Tomorrow's workout couldn't come any sooner..

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Welllppp, just wrapping up DAY 2.. I definitely noticed a more constant and controllable level of aggression today in the gym. Similar to being on a hormonal product, in which it's easy to get 'pissed' right before set. Focus was up there. As far as strength, this is still the first week, so it will be much easier to compare lifts/gains by next week. It's still early to say what all is happening inside of me, but I definitely have noticed an increase in focus and aggression.. oh yea, and last nights sleep was legit :cool:

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Alright alright.. wrapping up day 3, I felt real good emotionally/psychologically today. Although, today was my off day so I didn't get to rage in the gym :[.. I am excited to hit the gym tomorrow, looking forward to it, will keep ya'll up to date on my experience. That being said, expect a week 1 review in a few days..! GET JACKEDDD!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
There goes day 4! So far so good.. today's workout (legs) was absolutely killer, I can't wait to post this and pass out.. that being said, see you all tomorrow! :D

P.S. I have definitely noticed an increase in oily skin.. I'm breaking out! >:l .. but heck, I guess that means SOMETHING is going on inside of me, haha. Comeeee onnn test levelss!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta say CR thats a full stack< complete and looks pretty damn good, hope the gains go well are you worm shooting the SA?

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
gotta say CR thats a full stack< complete and looks pretty damn good, hope the gains go well are you worm shooting the SA?
Thanks man.. and yes, once I start the SA, I will be doing the worm shot ;)

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
WEEK 1 REVIEW: Alright so, one week out and I'm feeling great! I can't wait to start week 2, I really think that things are about to take off. So far, so good.. I'm stoked! Oh yea, and I've gained a solid 2lbs ;) Keeeep it cominggg, yeahhhh babyyyy!

Sleep - Time and Quality 10/10
Mental Alertness/Focus 10/10
Energy 10/10
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 10/10
Libido 8/10 .. Hard to really gauge since I can't stop gettin' busy hah ;)
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Quality of Training 10/10
Pump and Vascularity 10/10
Muscle Hardness/Density 11/10
Body Composition and Look 10/10
Appetite 8/10
Overall Sense of Feeling 10/10

Wow, 10's across the board. I am literally feeling awesome. I'm feeling big, strong and hard. Friends have already said that I'm looking bigger, and being that I am eating more, surprisingly enough, it appears that my ab's are even starting to come through a bit more. Downsides? I'm breaking out! My body looks great, but my face looks like I'm 16yrs old, hah. So definitely increased oily skin.. I'd buy proactive, but it's the biggest financial ripoff ever :( .. Other than that, everything is going well. 2 solid pounds in the first week! I am REALLY excited! I'll be at 190lbs in no time!! SEEYA PLATEAUS! ;)

P.S. Andrew, hope you don't mind that I stole your rating format.. thanks brotha!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WEEK 1 REVIEW: Alright so, one week out and I'm feeling great! I can't wait to start week 2, I really think that things are about to take off. So far, so good.. I'm stoked! Oh yea, and I've gained a solid 2lbs ;) Keeeep it cominggg, yeahhhh babyyyy!

Energy 10/10
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 10/10
Libido 8/10 .. Hard to really gauge since I can't stop gettin' busy hah ;)
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Muscle Hardness/Density 11/10
Appetite 8/10

Wow, 10's across the board. I am literally feeling awesome. I'm feeling big, strong and hard. Friends have already said that I'm looking bigger, and being that I am eating more, surprisingly enough, it appears that my ab's are even starting to come through a bit more. Downsides? I'm breaking out! My body looks great, but my face looks like I'm 16yrs old, hah. So definitely increased oily skin.. I'd buy proactive, but it's the biggest financial ripoff ever :( .. Other than that, everything is going well. 2 solid pounds in the first week! I am REALLY excited! I'll be at 190lbs in no time!! SEEYA PLATEAUS! ;)

P.S. Andrew, hope you don't mind that I stole your rating format.. thanks brotha!
Keep 'em coming, all right! :D

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
hey keep up the work and intensity!!!
and if u could just post a basic food list of wat u ate that day no numbers or enything i just wana s wat your eating

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta love the worm shot ;)

you seem to have all the bases covered, definately not looking to see which product works here are you....just going for the most effective and complete stack available!

any reason you didnt use dermacrine? may have been a good start for the first 4 weeks

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established

you seem to have all the bases covered, definately not looking to see which product works here are you....just going for the most effective and complete stack available!

any reason you didnt use dermacrine? may have been a good start for the first 4 weeks
great adivce on the dermacrine, that would have been killer with topical form!!!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
hey keep up the work and intensity!!!
and if u could just post a basic food list of wat u ate that day no numbers or enything i just wana s wat your eating
No problem. As far as solid foods go, I stay pretty much on the same plan, being a large amount of chicken/pasta/dairy daily. And then of course I throw in waxy maize and whey isolate for even more protein/carbs. I also have grains and what not, but most of my diet consists of pasta/chicken.

Thanks for the support!! As far as the dermacrine, it didn't even cross my mind honestly.. and at this point, after buying all the supps, I'm broke.. BUT, if any REPS out there reading this wanna hook me up, I'd love to use it as the bridge in my stack, I can add it in next week ;) And of course I would be logging it as well as writing a review for it..

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Welllll, today is (was) day 10! Sorry I haven't been very consistent posting this week and probably won't be for the rest of the week, being that it's thanksgiving, but all I have to say is.. GAINS! This is the week in which I get to compare all my lifts to last week. Here's the news.. major strength increase across the board! All of my lifts went up on TOP of adding an extra set to each exercise! I am VERY pleased to say the least.. so far so good! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which means I need to work out early before I eat 40lbs of turkey, hah. Looking forward to it ;)

Other than that, everything has been up! I feel awesome, I can't wait to lift again tomorrow! Bringg on the gainnnnnsss!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Welllll, today is (was) day 10! Sorry I haven't been very consistent posting this week and probably won't be for the rest of the week, being that it's thanksgiving, but all I have to say is.. GAINS! This is the week in which I get to compare all my lifts to last week. Here's the news.. major strength increase across the board! All of my lifts went up on TOP of adding an extra set to each exercise! I am VERY pleased to say the least.. so far so good! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which means I need to work out early before I eat 40lbs of turkey, hah. Looking forward to it ;)

Other than that, everything has been up! I feel awesome, I can't wait to lift again tomorrow! Bringg on the gainnnnnsss!
GREAT!! pasta and chicken can go wrong there just make sure that ther whole and nothings proccesd and youll really blow up!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update, Noah?

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Update coming VERY soon! I have been very busy with school (I only have 2 weeks left) so I haven't had much time to get on here.. But I HAVE Been working out, and I have been making AWESOME GAINS!!! :D

It's only been 3 weeks (of the 8 week cycle/9 week routine) and I am already looking leaner and fuller ;) Be back soon!!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
WEEK 2 REVIEW: Sorry for the delay!! I've been REAL busy with school! Coming up on finals next week, so the work load is getting HEAVY! But I have kept my lifting up! Anyway, I've gained a solid 3lbs, and i'd say lost a small % of fat. All my lifts have consistently been going up, with most of my gains coming in my chest/back. Being that I am a few days behind on posting this, I am coming up near the end of week 3! On Monday, my routine will be switching from volume to intensity, phase 2 of my routine ;)

Energy 10/10
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 10/10
Libido 10/10 .. I'm always in the damn mood! hah
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Muscle Hardness/Density 19/10
Appetite 8/10

Honestly, everything has stayed just as awesome. I've been making gains, everything is going great! Only downsides are some pretty bad lower back pumps (which I've been taking taurine for) and increased oily skin (causing me to break out). I can feeeelll more weight coming on, I'm just waiting for it to stick! I easily put on 6-9lbs throughout the day, but then by the time I wake up, it's all gone again! haha.. But, I am definitely feeling bigger/thicker/more full. Just waiting for it to stick. But hey, 3 solid lbs ain't bad ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WEEK 2 REVIEW: Sorry for the delay!! I've been REAL busy with school! Coming up on finals next week, so the work load is getting HEAVY! But I have kept my lifting up! Anyway, I've gained a solid 3lbs, and i'd say lost a small % of fat. All my lifts have consistently been going up, with most of my gains coming in my chest/back...
All good; good luck with your Finals...Awesome feedback so far, Noah :thumbsup:

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
WEEK 3 REVIEW: Alrighty, week 3 is gone and I am mid week 4 at the moment.. Feeling AWESOME! Again, sorry for any delays, after this week it won't be an issue anymore.. school is KILLING me, finals are insane this semester.. my cortisol levels must be through the roof! lol, anyway, I am currently in the first week of the 2nd phase of my training routine, focusing more on intensity over volume. So far so good, dropping the rep range to 6 has enabled me to significantly increase the weight on every lift! I can definitely say that I have experienced a great amount of strength increase on this stack. Within 4-5 days, I wlll be bridging into the 2nd part of the stack; I am really looking forward to seeing what the new Sustain Alpha Liqua-Vade has to offer! As far as weight increase, I still have only gained around 3 solid lbs, which is better than nothing, BUT, it seems like at the end of each day I am honestly weighing more and more than I ever have before (i.e. waking up at 183, going to sleep at 190-191). I understand that true, you gain temporary weight throughout the day as you eat, drink, etc. but honestly, the numbers are gettin' up there! Just waitin' for the weight to stick ;)

Sleep - Time and Quality 8/10 ** Dropped a few points because of finals, I've been really stressed out lately.
Energy 10/10
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 8/10 ** Finals!
Libido 10/10
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Muscle Hardness/Density 10/10
Appetite 8/10

Pretty much all solid 10's across the board! I have been VERY happy with my experiences on this stack so far.. the only downside, as previously stated, oily skin! I hate breaking out :[ Other than that, everything has been going great.. I can't WAIT to get back in the gym!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
WEEK 4 REVIEW: I've gained another solid 1lb! That's 4lbs in 4 weeks! Not that bad for having to also deal with finals during all of it. Anyway, so today is the day that I am supposed to start the 2nd part of the stack, but it appears I have about 2 days of dosing left? So I will start implementing phase 2 on wed morning :] I am WAY stoked. As far as the lifting goes, it's been great! I am literally lifting heavier and heavier each time I workout. I am in week 2 of phase 2 of my training routine, which focuses more on intensity. For questions regarding the routine, please refer to 'Tri-Phase Training Vol2' from Scivation (http://www.scivationbooks.com/triphase.htm)..

Sleep - Time and Quality 8/10 ** Dropped a few points because of finals, I've been really stressed out lately. Luckily I am just finishing!! I really need to hibernate hah.
Energy 8/10 ** Lack of sleep has affected me a bit, due to school...
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 8/10 ** Finals! ALMOST DONE!
Libido 15/10 ** It seems I have become quite the animal. I am constantly finding my mind in the gutter, virtually all day hah.. What have I become? lol
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Appetite 8/10

Again, I am VERY satisfied with the stack thus far, and I am really looking forward to starting the 2nd part of the stack on wed! Downsides? Only oily skin! At this very moment I am actually breaking out quite bad, hopefully it will go down a bit tomorrow.. breaking out is embarrassing :[ Oh well. Bring on the gains!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the feeling. Just hang in there, Noah. The relief when Finals are over will be almost palpable :)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
WEEK 5 REVIEW: So far so good.. I started the 2nd part of my stack a few days back and I'd have to say, the liquid sustain alpha tastes pretty good! I thought it was going to taste like cough syrup but it's not even as near as bad (in my opinion). As far as weight goes, I'd say I'm around 4.5lbs up, but I've been eating a lot more and have already weighed over 190lbs during the day! COME ONNN WEIGHHTT! hahah.. As far as my training goes, this is the last week of phase 2 of my routine, and I'd have to say, I've made GREAT strength gains on this stack/routine! I am STRONGER now than I was on my previous one-time prohormone use (earlier this year) and just as heavy weight-wise if not heavier!! So far, So GOOD! :D

Sleep - Time and Quality 8/10 ** with school finally over, I'm just now getting back into sleep mode hah
Energy 9/10
Motivation 10/10
Mood/Aggression 10/10
Stress 10/10
Libido 9/10 ** Dropped a bit, not feeling AS horny hah
Joints 10/10
Endurance 10/10
Strength 10/10
Appetite 10/10 ** Has raised a tad

Things are going very well! I am still making gains and my skin has actually appeared to clear up a bit! But that might just be because of the weather hah.. who knows.. BRING ON THE GAINS! Can't wait to hit the gym 2night! ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final review/thoughts on HGHup♂, Noah, since today's your last day on it?

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Final Update:

First of all, I just want to say that I am EXTREMELY SORRY about not finishing this log.. A lot of stuff came up, ended up going out of state with the family, my sister's baby is due any time now, got overloaded with work, etc. I am not one to usually blow off logs, so again, I apologize.

Now, onto the gains ;)

I did finish the cycle/PCT, but I unfortunately didn't take any after photos.. The good news? I gained a solid 8lbs on cycle. Not bad for a natty stack? I definitely gained QUITE a bit of size within the first 3 weeks, I was VERY satisfied with the results and would recommend these products to anyone. I honestly didn't experience any sides except for minor acne, but I have always been prone to break outs. My libido stayed up, my sleep was AWESOME, and my numbers in the gym went up QUICK! My strength gains were quite similar to that of being on a legit PH.

Conclusion?

This stack.. was.. LEGIT. If you're looking to make great gains weight/strength wise without having to dip into the PH/AAS pool, then this is the stack for you! Thanks everyone for the help, encouraging words and support. Get JACKED!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
P.S. Rosie, slightly off topic but, at the end of march I will be starting my 2nd and final PH run, h-drol for 6 weeks.. I'd just like to say that I will be including HGHup as part of my PCT ;)