Flawed's TrueProtein.com Premium Flavor Sample Pack Taste Review

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys!

Well I was running low on protein and I was trying to figure out what brand and flavor I wanted to go with. I had heard a lot of good things about True Protein flavors and wanted to give their sample pack a run... well and since I'm sure others have heard good things I figure maybe some of you would like to see short reviews of the premium flavors as well.

This sample pack includes 30 x 50g servings of our Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration mixed with each of our 30 Premium Flavors:

To review this I will be using a 1 through 5 scale. 1 Being the worst and 5 being the best. Most of this review will be based on taste.

I will be splitting the samples in two which provides for roughly 25g of mix and 23g of protein

ENJOY!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
The Reviews

Strawberries and Cream
Made With: Milk, Oats, and Ice (Blended)
Mixability: 5 out of 5
Taste: 4.5 out of 5

Info - The taste was very pleasant. Kind of strawberry milk(ish) and definitely didn't have any of that regular bland protein taste

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cookie Dough
Mixability: 4 out of 5
Taste: 3 out of 5

Extra - The taste wasn't really there all that much, but it didnt have a bad protein taste just really not much at all which spared it a point

Cookies and Cream
Mixability: 4 out of 5
Taste: 1 out of 5

Extra - Very bland protein taste (NOT RECOMMENDED)

PB + J
Mixability: 3 out of 5

Extra - NASTY! Very artificial PB+J taste

Dutch Chocolate Fudge
Mixability: 5 out of 5

Extra - Tastes a lot like your normal chocolate protein, very similar to ON's chocolate flavor

Citrus Lime Aid
Made With: Water
Mixability: 2 out of 5

Extra - Mixing it came out very foamy. Not impressed with a protein fruit drink at all so far

Fruit Punch
Made With: Water
Mixability: 3 out of 5

Extra - So far I have not been impressed with fruit flavors but that doesnt surprise me.... the thought of a fluffy powder like protein becoming a sweet fruit drink is much like it sounds... too much texture for a fruit drink. Not refreshing like I expect from a fruit drink. Not great but much better than the Citrus Lime Aid. Mix ends up very foamy