What is a stack and where do I begin?

tjm124

Awards
Hello,
I'm new to this. Could somone please explain what a stack is and what should I be looking to take for my lifting routines for greater results?
T

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
I'm new to this. Could somone please explain what a stack is and what should I be looking to take for my lifting routines for greater results?
T
A stack is a combination of 2 or more supplements taken concurrently. If you're going to take anything, don't start with a stack, just hit up one proven product.

Creatine Monohydrate. That's pretty much THE answer to all questions like this. It's proven, backed by years of scientific research, and will make a shi-ton of difference in the gym.

tjm124

Awards
Thanks. I take Creatine Monohydrate with a protein shake pre and post workouts. I was curious about test boosters/supplement combos.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how long you been lifting and how old are you?

tjm124

Awards
Been lifting regulary since August 08 , I'm 47 Bro.

meathed

meathed

Awards
I'd research on some Tribulus and maybe a BCAA stack. Maybe a pSARM and a N.O. product. That would give you an extra edge in the gym. I'd wait a bit before going to far with things like test boosters. You'll be seeing a ton of gains right now just doing the creatine and protein. There are a lot of different creatine formulations as well, which have better synergy yielding better results.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Been lifting regulary since August 08 , I'm 47 Bro.
Perfect.

As far as supplements and stacks go you have various kinds of supplements and can combine them any which way. Let me start with basics and move into more complex.

Whey Protein:
Isolate: purest form of whey with little to no lactose and is the fastest absorbing
Concentrate: basically whey that has yet to be isolated, can vary in lactose content but it gets the job done if you find a good one
Casein: the other kind of protein found in milk, this is a slower digesting protein great for first thing in the morning or before bed

Amino Acids:
BCAA- luecine, isoluecine, valine.....very effective in building muscle and increasing strength/endurance. These three play a very important role in protein synthesis whithin the muscle

Glutamine- helps with protein synthesis, increases nitrogen rentention, reduces recovery time, an di believe is one of the most abundant amino acids found within muscles

Arginine- found in various forms but main function is hemodialation to give you that pump. Its the main component in NO products many of the times

Creatine:

Creatine mono: time tested and proven. Drink a lot of water, only side effect i have experienced the the creatine bloat due to water retention. It goes away.

Kre-alkalyn- a buffered version on creatine mono that supposedly does not convert to creatinine as readily. Therefore you need less of it

Then you have your various forms of creatine but those two are basics. ou can look into creatine ethyl ester, dicreatine malate, creatine gluconate, etc etc.

Herbal extracts:

These are your natural products that do a number of things from raise your test, lower your estrogen, increase gh output, and maximize nitrogen retention. Basically everyone has some extract that is suppose to do somethign amazing.

Nutrition partitioners:

A vary handy kind of supplement that allows you to maximize what you eat. Especially carbs, these are supps that use various compounds and herbal extracts to allow you maximize the anabolic effect of food.

Thermogenics:

Products designed to help you lose weight, have more energy, eat less, all to be able to lose fat.

What supplement stacks do i reccomend in order of preference:

1) Asteroid Stack from USP labs:
Prime, Powerfull, Anabolic Pump
Prime increases nitrogen rentention in the muscle allowing for fast recovery and great strength gains
POwerfull: a GH releaser increasing your GH output
Anabolic Pump: an amazing nutrition departitioner

Add in Jack3d for a pre-workout blast and some recreate for cuts or lean bulks and you're set.

Swole Stack from Annabolic Innovations:
Testopro, Glycobol, Stoked
Testopro is a test booster that people are really getting great results from
GLycobol: a nutrition departitioner that i am currently enjoying during my cut
Stoked: another test booster that has a strong synergy with testopro

Testopro and stoked are two i have no used but i am also only 22 so i dont need an extra boost in test....im pretty testy as is.

Applied nutriceuticals:

RPM+Drive+HGHup+Neovar

RPM: preworkout
Drive: test booster
HGHup: GH booster
Neovar creatine

This is a stack im planning to try out in the near future. RPM and Drive i have had samples of and i was very happy with how i trained while on them.

My personal favorite staple is the ASTEROID STACK! I thoroughly enjoy every product from USP labs and cycle products depending on my goal. Also dont forget staples liek mutli-v, fish oil, etc.

meathed

meathed

Awards
Perfect.

As far as supplements and stacks go you have various kinds of supplements and can combine them any which way. Let me start with basics and move into more complex.

Whey Protein:
Isolate: purest form of whey with little to no lactose and is the fastest absorbing
Concentrate: basically whey that has yet to be isolated, can vary in lactose content but it gets the job done if you find a good one
Casein: the other kind of protein found in milk, this is a slower digesting protein great for first thing in the morning or before bed

Amino Acids:
BCAA- luecine, isoluecine, valine.....very effective in building muscle and increasing strength/endurance. These three play a very important role in protein synthesis whithin the muscle

Glutamine- helps with protein synthesis, increases nitrogen rentention, reduces recovery time, an di believe is one of the most abundant amino acids found within muscles

Arginine- found in various forms but main function is hemodialation to give you that pump. Its the main component in NO products many of the times

Creatine:

Creatine mono: time tested and proven. Drink a lot of water, only side effect i have experienced the the creatine bloat due to water retention. It goes away.

Kre-alkalyn- a buffered version on creatine mono that supposedly does not convert to creatinine as readily. Therefore you need less of it

Then you have your various forms of creatine but those two are basics. ou can look into creatine ethyl ester, dicreatine malate, creatine gluconate, etc etc.

Herbal extracts:

These are your natural products that do a number of things from raise your test, lower your estrogen, increase gh output, and maximize nitrogen retention. Basically everyone has some extract that is suppose to do somethign amazing.

Nutrition partitioners:

A vary handy kind of supplement that allows you to maximize what you eat. Especially carbs, these are supps that use various compounds and herbal extracts to allow you maximize the anabolic effect of food.

Thermogenics:

Products designed to help you lose weight, have more energy, eat less, all to be able to lose fat.

What supplement stacks do i reccomend in order of preference:

1) Asteroid Stack from USP labs:
Prime, Powerfull, Anabolic Pump
Prime increases nitrogen rentention in the muscle allowing for fast recovery and great strength gains
POwerfull: a GH releaser increasing your GH output
Anabolic Pump: an amazing nutrition departitioner

Add in Jack3d for a pre-workout blast and some recreate for cuts or lean bulks and you're set.

Swole Stack from Annabolic Innovations:
Testopro, Glycobol, Stoked
Testopro is a test booster that people are really getting great results from
GLycobol: a nutrition departitioner that i am currently enjoying during my cut
Stoked: another test booster that has a strong synergy with testopro

Testopro and stoked are two i have no used but i am also only 22 so i dont need an extra boost in test....im pretty testy as is.

Applied nutriceuticals:

RPM+Drive+HGHup+Neovar

RPM: preworkout
Drive: test booster
HGHup: GH booster
Neovar creatine

This is a stack im planning to try out in the near future. RPM and Drive i have had samples of and i was very happy with how i trained while on them.

My personal favorite staple is the ASTEROID STACK! I thoroughly enjoy every product from USP labs and cycle products depending on my goal. Also dont forget staples liek mutli-v, fish oil, etc.
Reps!:cheers: