xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AMS LUCIDROL

AMS was kind enough to sponsor my trip into the cognitive. Thanks guys:cheers:

the details:

The Plan:
Measure, to the best of my ability the results on cognitive function.
Aside from giving mental focous durring workouts, I plan to run this primarily out of the gym (although I will still be using this pre workouts, I have no way to post before and after pictures of my brain flexing it's cerebral cortex - although I have seen it before. It's Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge:13:)

Working IT support, my performance is measured, and metrics are provided for me. This will hopefully provide a tangible measure of the results.

The measurements will be:
number of calls I can take
average amount of time on each call
incidents reported
Resolve rate of those incidents
availability (amount of time taking calls)
call handling (basically remembering not to strangle people or make them cry; I think :sorry:)
Along with a few other areas I wil add in when I get in on Monday and have last months results in front of me.

Any other effects will also be noted, as well as performance in the gym.

Any other means I can come up with to gauge effects I will also include (probably my gaming stats on Killzone 2 , as focous is also a big part in not getting shot up. Those stats are also recorded online as well automatically, though I need to look into how detailed they will be.

Basically, putting it to the test, see what happens.

Pull up a seat:01:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Update 1

I've been playing with the dosing a little the past few days, as this stuff really does give you tunnel vision..
Comparative to Ritalin, minus the real WANT to do homework:knockedout:

At Work: 2 caps (1 dose) initially was too much for me to be at work on, as I need the ability to think outside the box; and once I've chosen a plan of attack on something, I seem to get a little ittitable when I have to deviate from that plan.
I have toned my dosing down to one cap once I get in (7am), and another around 11:00am. The effects are enough to keep me able to sit at my desk paying attention to one thing without wanting to snap. Although, to be fair we are severely over worked and under staffed due to all the budget cuts over the past few months. A staff of 22 when I began, down to something around 14ish.

At home, on the stix (killzone 2) it's just fine. 2 caps and I'm in the zone. Focus; (on one task) is exactly what this seems to be delivering.
I find myself coming out of the gates as a sniper more often then I usually would, and kinda stalk the other snipers. I seem to have the patience for it.

The gym, same story. As long as Im on one task, Im dedicated to it more then usual. 2 caps an hour before working out, followed with some coffee, and I'm good to go! (I'm thinking that AMS's new stim would be sick stacked with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So far this dosing seems to be good. I'm wondering if there is more of a tolerance effect that occurs, or more of a system buildup after a week or two of use.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, brother! Interesting stuff, no?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Interesting formula. Will be watchin' 'flossy.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a quick update:

Spreading out the dosing durring the work days seems to be the way to go for me.
Yesterday; I took about 10+ more calls / issues then I normally have, with reslove rate remaining the same

My "aggressive nature" that I was getting initially seems to be going away, which is good becasue, you know, I'd like NOT to get fired :13:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this Floss, bang hard brother!

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright; so 'm taking the weekend off, as I seem to build a tolerence to this fairly quickly. No dosing sat and sun (I have taken some today already so..)

I had also meant to post my call stats today, but I stayed late yesterday and was more or less told to leave early, and on a beautifull Friday I got the hell out before a spike in call traffic came and they changed their minds:eek:uttahere:

So , Monday, round lunch, I'll tally up number of calls and resolve rate compared to the previous week and post em up:cheers:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting results here;

WEEK PRIOR TO LUCIDROL (10/26 - 10/30):
total incidents: 160
Resolved 120
resolve rate: 78%

LAST WEEK (BEGINNING OF LOG 11/2 - 11/6):
total incidents: 223
Resolved 170
resolve rate: 76%

Thats an extra 63 incidents I processed with hardly any drop in resolve rate :cheers:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I did IT for a while, looks like you are as busy as I was. You are a better man than I, IT is not for me LOL.

Looks like the Lucidrol is really helping though. Any mood changes?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I did IT for a while, looks like you are as busy as I was. You are a better man than I, IT is not for me LOL.

Looks like the Lucidrol is really helping though. Any mood changes?
No mood changes to report. Other then (lol- then why didn't I just say yes then :twak:) perhaps being tunneled out, initially.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tunneled out...good way to put it.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have noticed a tolerance building; backing down my dosing to work hours only (since it the means I have agreed to measure it's activity).

I'll still divide my dose until (or if) I find it necessary to consolidate it all into one.

I wasn't going to post my stats for this week becasue this week has been anything but ordinary.. But I suppose I could still compare them to "baseline" ones used on my first "pre-lucidrol".
We had Wednesday off due to V-day, I volunteered to come in from Noon -6pm (2 hours less) and the call type for that is pretty much ALL vpn calls, taking on avarage 20min or so up to an hour each! So totals might be lower:

Let's find out.

Baseline:
Resolved 120

WEEK 3
(11/9 - 11/13):
total incidents: 173
Resolved 131
resolve rate: 75.7%

Damn; despite being minus 2 hours on Wednesday, AND having the more difficult / longer calls that day, I am still up on calls compared to baseline:

+13 incidents
+11 resolved

-~2% on resolve. Still impressive though.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When you say tunnel vision do you think it would be good for ADD?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When you say tunnel vision do you think it would be good for ADD?
Thats a hard call. Id had to compare to things I have taken before.
Ritalin is the absolute absolute best for ADD (which I have,.. or had,.. or I was just dumb when I was a kid). You are totally fixated; yet there's also a mental clarity and some drive towards knowledge for me...
Adderal is just a stim to me really.

lol- And while I found it TOTALLY easy on lucidrol to fixate, for the first week or so I found it debilitating to some extent to think in abstract (needed for troubleshooting)

Basicly, if your having to take things IN, like in a clasroom setting I found it great for that.
Having to be all over the place troubleshooting and such , well, it's slower comming out of the tunnel.

It IS a little different to compare to other ADD meds, simply becasue there is no stim effect.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Quick post here:

Numbers from this week,.. AND I even stayed home sick one day this week!

Baseline:
Resolved 120

Week 4

incidents: 174
resolved:135
resolve rate:77%

...This is starting to get a little freaky

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The log's all finished; I received my numbers for the period I was logging about 5 min before I left today.

I'll post em up tomorrow- must say, the results are definately interesting!!