OH NO! Is Kleen having an allergic reaction? No he is just getting SWOLE! A sponsored

Page 6 of 15 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Kleen you killed those deads!! Very impressive weight especially without straps. I'd hate to be you in that class tonight... If it were me, I wouldn't be able to lift my legs past my chest!! Hit anything above 130's in the DBell press yet???
    When I used to do 500 I used straps so I was trying to see what I could do without them, I just got up to doing around 325 for 10 reps ... my grip was holding then my hamstring went pop..again!! Not a lot of pain ... just scary. I was using sumo to save my back and my hammies go!! I have a really strong back but tend to pull my muscle right at the top of my glute when I use a wide grip on deads. I could probably get back over 500 if my body would hold up, oh well it's just a number. I get good gains from lighter weights still...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

2. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    When I used to do 500 I used straps so I was trying to see what I could do without them, I just got up to doing around 325 for 10 reps ... my grip was holding then my hamstring went pop..again!! Not a lot of pain ... just scary. I was using sumo to save my back and my hammies go!! I have a really strong back but tend to pull my muscle right at the top of my glute when I use a wide grip on deads. I could probably get back over 500 if my body would hold up, oh well it's just a number. I get good gains from lighter weights still...
    Same for me. And it is a ton easier on my joints.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Same for me. And it is a ton easier on my joints.
    For sure, i miss lifting big though I can still hit front squats pretty hard though! Bent over rows, Tbar rows and Stiff legged deads are my bitches as well!!

4. There comes that time when you start thinking if I will damage something by lifting this. When those ideas are what you think about before the lift, it's time to pull back the poundage and lift for another day!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

5. Log looks good bud, seems like a great stack!! Nice to read about all the progress you continue to make!! Pretty sure I'm gonna run this to kick of my new year, along with some Lean Extreme. Thanks for running this log to sway me even more, lol!!
    •   

6. Thumbs up Day 11. From slow start to a great workout.

Got up today was just kind of dragging along. I didn't have that hop up and get out of bed feeling today. I just wanted to stay in and rest. I did stay up later than usual the past few nights so i think it just caught up with me. That and the extra calories probably making me a little lethargic. Well, I took my morning dose of the SWOLE Stack, SuperCissus Rx, and Jack3d, 2 scoops of DominATP and 10 grams glutamine. Made Intra Drink, 2 more scoops DominATP and 10-15 grams of WMS.

JoAnn is passing a kidney stone or something, Doc isn't sure yet but all signs seem to point to kidney stone or a severe kidney infection. Either way she didn't go to the gym with me so I was on my own. Add that to the initial groggyness of the day and you can imagine I wasn't amped up just yet. I decided I was going to elongate my rest periods a little at first just to give the Jack3d a little more time to kick in. It took 3 warm up sets on Hammer Flat Bench to get myself motivated.

I was also feeling some soreness from the deads and what not on Sunday. Quads, Hams, and Glutes all felt mildly sore but not overbearing. Enough to have a small effect on my workout but once I got going it was all good.

Flat Hammer Strength - 108x15, 153px12, 178x6, 188x6>153x10>108x5

Close Grip Hammer Strength Lat Pull Downs 98x15 123x12, 147x10 157x10>123x8>98x7

Standing Military Press - 135x12, 155x10, 165x8
    Push Press 165x9>135x8

Squats - 225x15, 315x13, 365x6, 385x4, 315x10

3 sets of chins to failure, 3 sets of pushup to failure.
    I did not count these just kind of went at them in a superset fashion about 30 seconds between each.

All in all it was a great workout. 315x13 is a pr and I could have gotten 15 no doubt in my mind but decided I wanted to try to move up the ladder. I also could have squeezed another 1 maybe 2 out of the 385 if I had a spotter there today. My strength is definitely getting better.

This is not an official weigh in but I was between 195-196 this morning without having eaten yet. I don't foresee any of this weight coming off by Sunday's weigh in since I am in a hypercaloric state right now, I may be even heavier. Keeping the carbs a little lower should help me not get bloated but still allow for anabolism.

Post Workout Nutrition, 2 Glycobol-1/4 teaspoon Banaba, Wait 15 minutes
    2 Cups Frosted Mini Wheats 90 grams carbs, 12 grams fiber, 4 protein 2 fats
    12 Oz Skim milk 12 protien 18 carbs
    2 scoops Whey protien 46 grams protien, 6 grams fat, 6 grams carbs
    .5 oz almonds
    Protein - 62 - 248 cals
    Carbs - 120 - 480 cals
    Fats - 15 - 135 cals

863 total cals. The rest of the days calories will be a cake walk to get in after this one.

Meal 2
    2 scoops whey protien 46 grams protein, 6 grams fat, and 6 grams carbs
    10 large green olives 5 grams fat
    1 oz almonds 15 grams fat 6 protien, 5 carbs, 3 fiber
    1/2 medium grapefruit. 12 grams carbs, 8 grams fiber
    Protein 52 = 208 cals
    Carbs 23 grams carbs 92 cals - 11 grams fiber = 12 grams 48 cals of digestible carbs
    Fats 26 grams fats = 234 cals
    534 cals total

1397 cals for day so far, off to a good start...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    For sure, i miss lifting big though I can still hit front squats pretty hard though! Bent over rows, Tbar rows and Stiff legged deads are my bitches as well!!
    Man, I am really enjoying the heavier lifting right now. Nothing is hurting, everything is clicking thank goodness. Now I am increasing cals a bit and having extra fats and it is making a difference in my joints.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    There comes that time when you start thinking if I will damage something by lifting this. When those ideas are what you think about before the lift, it's time to pull back the poundage and lift for another day!
    Amen to that, it is hard to do. I wanted to kill it this workout and go the extra few reps I had but I knew it wasn't safe without my spotter so I didn't even risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Log looks good bud, seems like a great stack!! Nice to read about all the progress you continue to make!! Pretty sure I'm gonna run this to kick of my new year, along with some Lean Extreme. Thanks for running this log to sway me even more, lol!!
    THanks man, yeah this is shaping up to be a nice run. I will be adding some mass for sure. With Lean X you should do well. The STOKED seems to be helping with water retention issues as well which is nice for me.
    Current Training Log -

8. For someone with such a lack luster morning that was a really good lift. That hammer bench is one of my fave chest exercises for a good solid pump. I use to hit the whole hammer chest trio(incline, flat, decline hammer) at the end of my workout for fun.

Hope your wife feels better soon. Lifting without a partner is like driving without a seat belt...you dont realize how important they are till you crash

9. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    For someone with such a lack luster morning that was a really good lift. That hammer bench is one of my fave chest exercises for a good solid pump. I use to hit the whole hammer chest trio(incline, flat, decline hammer) at the end of my workout for fun.

Hope your wife feels better soon. Lifting without a partner is like driving without a seat belt...you dont realize how important they are till you crash
    Man that is so true, and thanks for the well wishes to the wife. I have gotten to where I just want to lift and lift... and lift. It just feels good.

I am feeling so thick right now too. The extra cals are hitting pretty good and I am looking large. Well cardio day tomorrow if I dont make it a pump day.
    Current Training Log -

10. Send my wishes to her as well. Sounds painful, but knowing the kind of guy you are, I am sure you are tending to her every need.
    How does the elbow feel today?? Sounds like the shot worked and the extra fats are keeping you rolling. I wish my lethargic workouts were as intense as yours!!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Dream that is a great weight with and without straps!! What are your thoughts on using them for pullups, not for the cheat in the lifting, but to take the forearm out of the motion to concentrate completely on the back.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Dream that is a great weight with and without straps!! What are your thoughts on using them for pullups, not for the cheat in the lifting, but to take the forearm out of the motion to concentrate completely on the back.
    Sounds ok to me... I know that straps can really add weight to your deads hence give you unrealistic lifts but if there is an advantage for development then why not.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Send my wishes to her as well. Sounds painful, but knowing the kind of guy you are, I am sure you are tending to her every need.
    How does the elbow feel today?? Sounds like the shot worked and the extra fats are keeping you rolling. I wish my lethargic workouts were as intense as yours!!!
    Man the shot has worked wonders. I feel I could go in and lift the world but I know I have to still take it easy with my tendon. I think the use of open grips and lack of direct heavy arm work will hopefully be enough to allow it to heal. I am really so in the zone right now with my lifting that I can't make myself dial it down. It seems I am having a chemical reaction to the cold hard steel. I can't make myself stop loading the weight. In the back of my mind I hear this little voice like I am Bilbo Baggins and the weights are "My Precious!" calling me like an unnatural obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Sounds ok to me... I know that straps can really add weight to your deads hence give you unrealistic lifts but if there is an advantage for development then why not.
    Amen to both of these. I believe there are just too many "purists" out there. No gloves, no wraps none of that. It all has to be nekked and natural. Well if the goal is to add mass on the back, hams, quads, and glutes then by God give me some wraps and add another 100lbs on the bar I am growing some muscle. When I am ready to increase my grip strength I will work specifically for grip. I will carry 120 lb dumbells around the gym with nothing but resin on my hands. I will do dead hangs from the chin up bar for as long as I can hold on. Maybe even with a weight hanging off of me. So many options but if your grip isn't up to snuff with your back strength then wrap when working back and work on grip seperately. Keep the back growing man!

Sorry you asked one hell of a question and I got excited. I beleive that wraps and what not are like supplements. You should already have your stuff together before you adopt the use of them. You do not want to rely on wraps and in a lot of ways should avoid the use a little bit. I would have probably used mine but I only had those lifting hooks I got. I will say screw those lifting hooks, not worth the money I spent on them. I put them on for the first set and it was horrible. So I went without my straps. Next deadlift workout I will go up on most of my sets without the wraps but once I get into the 3 rep range I will be putting them on. That way my grip strength still benefits from the earlier sets but I am using everything I have got in the last few sets and grip can't be handicapping me then.

Another tip for you AG is when doing your pulling movements for back, visualize your hands as hooks, there only purpose is to be a hook securing you to whatever you are anchoring to the bar or chin up handle, whatever. Now once you have that in mind when you go to pull pull only with your elbows, you may need to close your eyes to get the mind muscle connection but once you feel the difference you will know automatically that you have made the change. THe difference in feeling is night and day from the pulling with the hand which really brings the biceps and biceps brachialis into the move more. Give that a shot and tell me what you think.
    Current Training Log -
  14. Day 12 - I am a mass monster!

Man I am really feeling the bulk phase here. I have been eating at 750 cals over maintenance for 3 days now. I have another 2 days at theminimum however if I am still happy with my appearance on Saturday I will keep eating higher calories until Monday. This is really going to be me watching my waist line a lot and making sure I am still pleased with myself aesthetically. The way things are looking my idea of increasing the calories through helathy fats is really working out well. I am not bloating up, but I am looking very full and large.

I was up late with the wife last night, she had to work late and we didn't get to bed until a little later than usual. So I decided to sleep in this morning and do light cardio during lunch, or just use karate class as my cardio tonight. I am however thinking I may cut back on cardio during my higher calorie days to really reap the benefits of muscle gain and extra recovery. We shall see what happens. I have a plan in mind but it is always very dynamic. I want to see how things work now that I have the discipline to really use all of my own knowledge to my advantage. This past year has really been a great year for me regarding growth in discipline, and it has equated into a good amount of muscular growth as well.

A couple updates on other things.

Attitude - My attitude has become more positive in general. I have gotten control over my temper flaring up.

Libido - My libido is through the roof right now and with my wifes issue that isnt doing me any good. However it is definitely up at the moment.

Aggression - My aggression is still quite high although it is mostly positive aggression and not me being an ass. When I get my mind into "The Zone" I am very hard to get back out of the zone. Go Time means GO TIME!

Progress - I feel my legs growing... like right now, I feel them working to recover. The buzz of activity in my legs that just lets you know something is going on down there. The thighs feel swolen, full and electric. I am expecting some good growth in the legs by the end of this. Almost at the halfway point now and I feel great! Strength is definitely going up, and I think this Sunday we will see some killer lifts when I am going for power. I think I will keep my reps to no more than 3 after a warm up and see what I can do. Tomorrow I will either hit deads again or go heavy on leg press.

On another note I am dying to do some Wide grip Upright rows. I crave them like a dieting man craves pizza. I miss the activation of the entire posterior chain the way that I get from these. I know they are the missing link in my shoulder workout and it is driving me nuts not being able to do these but they are the worst thing for my tendon.
    Current Training Log -

15. Thanks for the input Kleen and Dream!! Kleen I will def give that a try next back day, but let me ask you this, what is the difference in that movement with the extreme wide grip to the close. Close are of course weighted, but with the extreme wide and having these long arms and 235lbs, no weight needed. I already feel that bicep pump in the close, but only back in the wide.
    Agree with all on the wraps. That is what I have been doing from the outset. If I want to grow and throw on a plate or 2 more, then the wraps come on. I save the grip strength and forearm for other lifts.
    Hope the wife is feeling better..., sucks to have her going through that and your libido going through the roof at the same time
    I have never done the wide grip uprights before, just slightly inside of the shoulders grip. What bar do you use for that??? EZ??? The shoulders love those... the wrist... not so much.
    You haven't told us in a while how the house is going??? Did the Alpha Male in you either rip it down, or finish the thing????
    Love the updates bro
    AG

16. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Thanks for the input Kleen and Dream!! Kleen I will def give that a try next back day, but let me ask you this, what is the difference in that movement with the extreme wide grip to the close. Close are of course weighted, but with the extreme wide and having these long arms and 235lbs, no weight needed. I already feel that bicep pump in the close, but only back in the wide.
    Agree with all on the wraps. That is what I have been doing from the outset. If I want to grow and throw on a plate or 2 more, then the wraps come on. I save the grip strength and forearm for other lifts.
    Hope the wife is feeling better..., sucks to have her going through that and your libido going through the roof at the same time
    I have never done the wide grip uprights before, just slightly inside of the shoulders grip. What bar do you use for that??? EZ??? The shoulders love those... the wrist... not so much.
    You haven't told us in a while how the house is going??? Did the Alpha Male in you either rip it down, or finish the thing????
    Love the updates bro
    AG

Wife is feeling a little better but not in working order yet.

Ultra wide grip you never really get full flexion of the arms/elbow joint so even if you are using the biceps you won't feel it as much. However the same practice holds true on that as well just think of the elbows as the pivot point, picture pulling your elbows down and into your sides.

FOr the wide grip you want the hands outside of the shoulders with an olympic bar. YOu will only get the bar about mid chest high, trying to go any higher you are just using your forearms to bring it up risking tendon issues at that angle. At the top of the movement you elbows should be just a little higher than your shoulders but not by much and your forearms should be almost vertical. Again with this one imagin pulling with your elbows and not pulling the bar itself just hook the hand to the bar and pull the elbows up and out. You will want to stand more upright than you do in a normal upright row, and keep the bar as close to your body as possible. YOu will definitely need to lower your weight at first. It is a completely different feel and you still get stimulation in the traps but nothing like you do in a close grip.

The House, AAAAAGHHHH!!!!! It is still kind of in the shambles, I got it to where no further damage is being done but can not fix it until I find a way to finance the slab repairs and no one is financing right now. Been divorced once and credit has not completely recovered yet so with all my other credit right now my ratio is not good. I have kind of come to accept that I wont be albe to get anyone to do the slab until I get my income tax return so everything is one hold. I am just making adjustments here and there where shifting is causing issues other than that there is not too much I can do that wouldn't be wasted work.

Oh well I just wont be hosting any parties any time soon...
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wife is feeling a little better but not in working order yet.

Ultra wide grip you never really get full flexion of the arms/elbow joint so even if you are using the biceps you won't feel it as much. However the same practice holds true on that as well just think of the elbows as the pivot point, picture pulling your elbows down and into your sides.

FOr the wide grip you want the hands outside of the shoulders with an olympic bar. YOu will only get the bar about mid chest high, trying to go any higher you are just using your forearms to bring it up risking tendon issues at that angle. At the top of the movement you elbows should be just a little higher than your shoulders but not by much and your forearms should be almost vertical. Again with this one imagin pulling with your elbows and not pulling the bar itself just hook the hand to the bar and pull the elbows up and out. You will want to stand more upright than you do in a normal upright row, and keep the bar as close to your body as possible. YOu will definitely need to lower your weight at first. It is a completely different feel and you still get stimulation in the traps but nothing like you do in a close grip.

The House, AAAAAGHHHH!!!!! It is still kind of in the shambles, I got it to where no further damage is being done but can not fix it until I find a way to finance the slab repairs and no one is financing right now. Been divorced once and credit has not completely recovered yet so with all my other credit right now my ratio is not good. I have kind of come to accept that I wont be albe to get anyone to do the slab until I get my income tax return so everything is one hold. I am just making adjustments here and there where shifting is causing issues other than that there is not too much I can do that wouldn't be wasted work.

Oh well I just wont be hosting any parties any time soon...
    I really like those uprights with the wide grip!! Had shoulders today and gave them a shot. Used the olympic bar like you said. Started no weight to get the movement. Was easy with the mirror to follow the form. Tossed some quarters on each side and felt a nice burn in the traps. got up to 135, but form started slipping rep 6. All in all I think I am going to do them wide from now on. It was the first time doing these that I had no pressure in the wrists. I strapped up for the 135, and it really hit the trap well.
    Thanks for the pointer!!
    Sucks about the house bro! I definitely know the feeling of waiting for the beloved tax return. Fortunately for me, this is when having 7 kids really pays off!! Got some remodeling debt myself to kill with that. One thing does surprise me though... if it's the foundation slab why not have Dream fly down from the land of the north and do some wicked squats on it... fix your foundation AND he gets a great workout... everyone wins!! OR the two of you could leg press the thing while the construction guys fix whats underneath...

PARTY AT KLEEN'S !!!!!!
  18. Day 13 - Now I did it!

Okay we will start of with last nights activities. I was not able to make it to my martial arts class on Monday, apparently we have been doing breaking drills all week. Well last night was my first attempt at breaking. We started with the 1 board equivialent for the guys and I made it through that relatively easily even though we were using a ridge hand strike. Well it didn't feel all that great but not too bad. Then he allowed those of us who got that one to go at the one that is equivalent to breaking two boards. 1st attempt, I smash one in there, and the hole board rips out of my instructors hands but doesn't break. I didn't hit in centered, but I hit it hard. Very hard as a matter of fact and my hand not being conditioned in any way really felt the force of the blow. Seeing my frustration he offered me another go at it. Now my hand is already hurting like a mofo. Yet, there was a challenge at hand and damnit I meant to meet it head on. I gear myself up, and THWAP!!! I lay another one in there, harder and more accurate apparently because the board broke as it flew out of his hands this time. I revelled in my excitement that I broke the hardest breaker we had there for the class, but only for a few seconds. I look down and my hand is already swollen from my wrist bone up to the thumb knuckle and halfway accross the back of my hand and is turning purple by the second. Well we went from there to some crosses and jabs which didn't hurt too bad, I was able to swallow the pain after the strikes and was so happy when class was finally over. My hand was so swollen the skin was tight and the poors were stretched open. Yikes! NOW I DID IT!!!

I could not even use my handlast night. No playing with my daughter none of that. Even using my thumb to try to turn the page on the book I read to her for bedtime was pretty excruciating. As you can tell I don't have a lot of quit in me. So not working out this morning was not an option. Last night I iced it for 2 15 minute rotations as well as took some ibuprofen and about 5 SuperCissus Rx. This morning the swelling had gone down some and I have some mobility and could actually make a grip, although painful. I took some Aleve, some SuperCissus Rx, and all of my normal morning supps, sucked it up and off to the gym I went.

The resulting workout and up pretty good.

Incline Hammer strength. I worked my way up to 3 plates a 25 and a 10 on each side, 6 reps> 3 plates x10>2 plates and 25x9>2 plates x7 (Thumb was feeling the pressure of the weight.)

Nuetral Grip Chins 3 sets body weight +25 X10>bwx6
    Nuetral grip row machine 170x4>140x10>100x8, these hurt the hand pretty bad but I got through it.

Seated lateral Raise machine - 100x10, 130x6, 130x8>100x6>70x3
    DB Front raises 45x5, 40x6, 40x5
    DB Bent over laterals, 20x10, 20x10>15x8
    Seated Front shoulder press machine Whole stack 180x10, 180x9>160x6>120x6>80x7

Original Plans when i went in was to do Front Squats and Stiff legged deads. Well that changed, my hand was hurting so the SLD where out the door. On top of that I was having issues with my form on the front squats. So I opted to use the front squats as a pre exhaust to some good al leg press.

Front Squats - 175x10, 215x10, 215x10 - I got very frustrated with these. I have a hard time holding the bar even when my hand is fine, and the cross arm method leaves either leaves me feeling like i don't have control, or the bar sits directly on my collar bone which is just not okay with me. So I could not go up enough to really kill my quads. As a matter of fact my second set at 215 I had to rerack the weight regrip and start over to finish.

45 degree leg press, 10 platex15, 14 plates x12, 18 plates x6>16x4>14x5>12x8>10x10, Oh man the legs were toast.

Seated bent leg calf raise, 3 platesx15 x3 sets

So all in all it ended up being a great workout anyway even though my hand was hurting during some of the exercises. I just hope they are feeling good on Sunday when I want to try pulling 415-425. If not then I will do heavy squats. Either way it is going to be a fun workout.

Hopefully I don't break anything but boards tonight in karate class. Yeah I know you would think I would take the day off, but that is not what a Warrior would do.
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    I really like those uprights with the wide grip!! Had shoulders today and gave them a shot. Used the olympic bar like you said. Started no weight to get the movement. Was easy with the mirror to follow the form. Tossed some quarters on each side and felt a nice burn in the traps. got up to 135, but form started slipping rep 6. All in all I think I am going to do them wide from now on. It was the first time doing these that I had no pressure in the wrists. I strapped up for the 135, and it really hit the trap well.
    Thanks for the pointer!!
    Sucks about the house bro! I definitely know the feeling of waiting for the beloved tax return. Fortunately for me, this is when having 7 kids really pays off!! Got some remodeling debt myself to kill with that. One thing does surprise me though... if it's the foundation slab why not have Dream fly down from the land of the north and do some wicked squats on it... fix your foundation AND he gets a great workout... everyone wins!! OR the two of you could leg press the thing while the construction guys fix whats underneath...

PARTY AT KLEEN'S !!!!!!
    Sounds good to me. Hook y'all up with some good ol Texas BBQ!

Glad you like the wider grip. The seperation between your traps and the caps of your delts will get more prominent with them too.
    Current Training Log -

20. man Kleen this is a kick @$$ log!!! Are any competitions coming up for you??

21. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    man Kleen this is a kick @$$ log!!! Are any competitions coming up for you??
    Hey, Thanks Man! I really want to make sure I document as much as I can and hopefully keep it interesting to read at the same time. I am going to do a competition this Spring/Summer season. I am still choosing which one I am going to do. I really want to go with this new federation but they still haven't provided the date for a local show so I am about to start entertaining the idea of checking in on some other natural shows. I am definitely going to stick with natural though. If I can put on another 10 lbs of muscle over this next year I may try to go against the guys who are getting some extra assistance the following year.

As long as I stay under 10% during my clean bulks I should be able to do any show I want starting a prep in January. However I may choose to do one later instead of earlier and bulk through February. I am refocusing my attact to be more gain oriented now. Not so worried about the cuts, but staying somewhat aesthetic while I gain as pure muscle being the goal. I will still keep BF relatively low but my main goal from here until at least January is going to be size. I may even hit up some DC Style training and see how well I do. It seems kind of simliar to my workouts now but different enough to make a difference too. We shall see. I have a little over 2 weeks left on this then I am going to do another Asteriod Stac but megadosing PRIME. I do really well with that for recomp and want to see what happens if I am eating 3-4000 k a day. I originally planned on calorie cycleing but I think I am only going to cut cals if I get unstatified with the composition changes.
    Current Training Log -
  22. Day 14 - Saved from myself...

Well last night I was saved from myself and my never say die attitude. I had EVERY intention of going back into class and working more on breaking even with my hand all SWOLE, lol Sorry couldn't resist. I got a nice reminder the end of the day pop up telling me I had a Reading with Daddy day at my daughters school. Honestly this was a good thing in more ways than one.

I can almost assure you I would have srewed my hand up worse last night and just had that same mentality from the old 90's movie Iron Eagle. Don't act like you don't know. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!! Well I was lucky and had better things to do. Reading with Daddy is a pretty cool little thing they have at the school where we go in and talk about how to be more involved with the kids and their eductaion. How to take a leadership role not just in the home but in school as well. It was really cool and my daughter just loved that i was there and wrote me a note telling me how happy she was I made time to come and how much she loved me and she was so excited when she gave it to me. It was just a really awesome night. Couldn't have been much better and it saved me from myself.

Update on hand. Wel the swelling is going down the purple spots are fading to a dull yellowish color. It is still sore to the touch and hurts when I make a tight grip but it is drastically improved. I very well may be able to do some deadlifts on Sunday.

I am holding between 195-196 and am looking bigger and visually I can not see any fat gain as of yet from when I was 192.

Now that I am back in Karate my cardio will more than likely be me practicing my kicks, punches, kata and some grappling with some jump rope mixed in to. That or some nonstop kettlebell work for 30 minutes, very light weights with lots of getting up and down from the floor. Just stuff that will also benefit my martial arts training. I don't want to be doing so much cardio that I am not gaining muscle especially since I will also be doing regular martial arts training at school. That and I have been off and on again with my martial arts and now it is time to really buckle down and move up in belts.
    Current Training Log -

23. Youre a good faja..

Those wide grip uprights have me intrigued.
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

I can almost assure you I would have srewed my hand up worse last night and just had that same mentality from the old 90's movie Iron Eagle. Don't act like you don't know. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!! Well I was lucky and had better things to do. Reading with Daddy is a pretty cool little thing they have at the school where we go in and talk about how to be more involved with the kids and their eductaion. How to take a leadership role not just in the home but in school as well. It was really cool and my daughter just loved that i was there and wrote me a note telling me how happy she was I made time to come and how much she loved me and she was so excited when she gave it to me. It was just a really awesome night. Couldn't have been much better and it saved me from myself.
    love the quote and love hearing about the daughter. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it most worth while.
    Good luck with the deads man. I can't imagine doing those with a jacked hand, but then... some times us iron heads aren't too bright because I would be right there next to you if I were in the same boat.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    love the quote and love hearing about the daughter. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it most worth while.
    Good luck with the deads man. I can't imagine doing those with a jacked hand, but then... some times us iron heads aren't too bright because I would be right there next to you if I were in the same boat.
    Yep all about the little things .. I agree. Your time is the most valuable thing you have.

26. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Youre a good faja..

you and me both. I am sold. Before Kleen mentioned them I had never seen them done. Glad he did because this eliminated the wrists pain for me and hit the traps better than the close. I guess that's why they call him the Iron Warrior... that or because he freely admits to his obsession with Depeche Mode... my vote is C - all of the above

27. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    you and me both. I am sold. Before Kleen mentioned them I had never seen them done. Glad he did because this eliminated the wrists pain for me and hit the traps better than the close. I guess that's why they call him the Iron Warrior... that or because he freely admits to his obsession with Depeche Mode... my vote is C - all of the above
    I actually have to avoid working traps directly or they get too big. I still have great traps and never do anything that would stimulate the directly. Problem is I have to avoid cleans too.. the good thing though is I don't have to do cleans...

28. you and me both. I am sold. Before Kleen mentioned them I had never seen them done. Glad he did because this eliminated the wrists pain for me and hit the traps better than the close. I guess that's why they call him the Iron Warrior... that or because he freely admits to his obsession with Depeche Mode... my vote is C - all of the above
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

29. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Youre a good faja..

Thanks Man, I completely adore my children and my wife.
    Those wide grips ore off the chain, fovorite shoulder exercise besides the all powerfull push press! Between the two you could really build massive well rounded shoulders and traps.

Yeah, those deads are gonna be rough, but I am going to give it a shot. I will be wearing wraps for sure.

As far as the daughter goes, you know how it is. They can make a bad day into a beautiful one just by being happy to see you come through the door. She is testing for her Yellow belt tonight, I can wait, I already have the camcorder charged up and the memory card free and clear for recording and the wife is taking pics. Thatis another reason I am focusing more on the martial arts now too. I want to set a good example for her regarding practice and consistency.

Yep all about the little things .. I agree. Your time is the most valuable thing you have.
    Amen DW, We have so much in common in those areas, and I consider myself in good company.

Glad you like them. Oh yeah, I think it is D all of the above, C is already taken by the answer I have such a "Magnetic personality."

I actually have to avoid working traps directly or they get too big. I still have great traps and never do anything that would stimulate the directly. Problem is I have to avoid cleans too.. the good thing though is I don't have to do cleans...
    Yeppers, Deadf lifts get my traps all the stimulus I need. No shrugs and no close grip uprights. If I did that my traps would push my earlobes out and that would just look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    You will only laugh until you see my new reason for loving Depeche Mode.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lr2Ras5evk"]YouTube- pub Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne 2009[/ame]
    Current Training Log -

30. Man, always a wealth of info whenever I check in here. Log and your results look great man!! I knew you'd kill it!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Allergic Reaction
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
  2. Restore allergic reaction.
    By rysigpi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 03:08 PM
  3. possible allergic reaction
    By dcpsc011 in forum Cycle Info