OH NO! Is Kleen having an allergic reaction? No he is just getting SWOLE! A sponsored

Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice numbers man! Sorry i got in here late.....but i've just been catching up on logs in the last couple of days. Hell, i haven't even updated my own log this week.
    Hey Thanks for coming by man. Exciting things going over here. I am all about mass the next almost 3 months we are gonna see what happens with some calories good supps and heavier weights. Up 5 lbs from lowest point in stack. Looking alot like Bill Goldberg while he was wrestling, thick lean and strong, Numbers are coming as comfidence in tendons rises.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Day 17 - Recovery day.

Man I blasted away at my body this weekend like I was pissed off at it. Did some good barbell lifts Saturday and follwed them up Sunday with an intense chest workout and some heavy deads. I can feel my entire body right now. Kind of that pulsing energy were everything is in a state of repair. I opted to allow myself a recovery day and only do my Karate class tonight instead of getting up for cardio. I think I may make this the usual and take the day as rest since I have added in the extra weight day on Sundays.

My Sunday workout partner and I have decided to do one other body part with a leg power move every Sunday. Last time it was back and Squats, this time Chest and Deads, Next will be shoulders and squats.

I am also eyeing the DC style of lifting right now, it is very similiar to what I have already designed but more mass oriented as where my workout is hybrid to create mass and increase conditioning at the same time. Obviously with a very specific goal in mind I may want to go a little more specific with my training. However if I do I will start that on my next stack. So as not to have a major change in training style in the middle of this stack. It will be easier to track progress by not confusing results in the middle of the stack. I continued to eat a little freely over the weekend and am easily 198-199 this morning. Some of this is water weight and it is time to pull back on the carbs for just a couple days. Cals will remain higher but keeping a watchful eye. Mass is awesome to have but I wanna stay pretty clean. I think a few days here and there to clean up then right back to power eating and it will make for some nice results.

Goals are still on the horizon, strength is coming up rapidly. I was hoping to hit 405x3 on squat by the end of the year. I may hit that by the end of the stack!!! My squat and deadlifts have always been pretty close, anf i got the 405 for 3 Sunday on Deads so the squat is right behind it. My partner kind of told me he would rather me not go over 405 with out a belt. Since I never have lifted for power I don't even own a belt. However now that I am working on developing some power I need to be wearing one for those bigger lifts at 95% and better. More money to spend. LOL Oh Well, I am having fun anyway.
  3. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Kleen just looked through the log. I have been at beautiful Westpoint NY for a week visiting a friend who just got stationed there. I am so sorry to hear about the wife I hope she feels better soon. Your workouts look great and I want to thank you again for taking the time to do this log for us.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Kleen just looked through the log. I have been at beautiful Westpoint NY for a week visiting a friend who just got stationed there. I am so sorry to hear about the wife I hope she feels better soon. Your workouts look great and I want to thank you again for taking the time to do this log for us.
    Hey, I should be thanking you... So far the stack is off the chain. I feel great am strong and putting on mass quickly. As I said some of it can be due to eating more but a good amount of it I attribute to the stack alone. In my other post I mentioned gaining some fat with the weight as well. This is actually only enough to slightly smooth my abs over a tiny bit. They are still there when flexed and to be honest that inch I lost in my waistline during the TestoPro log has not come back on yet. I am still one loop tighter than normal on my belt. Considering the weight increase that is very impressive to me. Even though I increased my carbs this weekend I did not go carb crazy so not bloating out, just bigger everywhere.

Now to a little of personal life since I was sharing about my daughter I am going to take a minute to gloat.

Man, it was awesome Friday daughter had a 2 hour belt test for her yellow belt at school and they got to rolling and she made me so proud! Daddy's little WARRIOR! She man-handled this boy who was a year older then her, even got him to tap in a rear naked choke. THey encouraged us to cheer them on and I was going crazy. Take his back, hook your legs Momma! ARCH YOUR BACK TRINITY, PULL!!!!!

She really impressed me with her PT as well, she is only 5 but she kept up with the big kids doing squats she pulled out 100 of em non-stop. 25 push ups, not all of them on her own power but they weren't girl push ups either. The instructor came up and helped her with the last 6 of them. 30 Jumping jacks not ridiculously hard but she couldn't even do jumping jacks when she started, couldn't get the coordination down. She looked like such a Lil Warrior doing her punches and kicks, Kiya'ing with power and force it was soooo cool to see her focus like that. When she got her belt she was so proud and you could just see it in her eyes. Everyone we have talked to since found out about her getting her yellow belt and how many squats she did. It really doesn't get a whole lot better than to watch yor children be proud of an accomplishment they had to owrk hard for.

Okay Gloating Dad Out!

Might as well have been watching a UFC fight. Speaking of MMA did you all see Fedor knock homeboy out Saturday, man that shot was SO LOUD! Thwap! NICE!!!
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Hey, I should be thanking you... So far the stack is off the chain. I feel great am strong and putting on mass quickly. As I said some of it can be due to eating more but a good amount of it I attribute to the stack alone. In my other post I mentioned gaining some fat with the weight as well. This is actually only enough to slightly smooth my abs over a tiny bit. They are still there when flexed and to be honest that inch I lost in my waistline during the TestoPro log has not come back on yet. I am still one loop tighter than normal on my belt. Considering the weight increase that is very impressive to me. Even though I increased my carbs this weekend I did not go carb crazy so not bloating out, just bigger everywhere.

Now to a little of personal life since I was sharing about my daughter I am going to take a minute to gloat.

Man, it was awesome Friday daughter had a 2 hour belt test for her yellow belt at school and they got to rolling and she made me so proud! Daddy's little WARRIOR! She man-handled this boy who was a year older then her, even got him to tap in a rear naked choke. THey encouraged us to cheer them on and I was going crazy. Take his back, hook your legs Momma! ARCH YOUR BACK TRINITY, PULL!!!!!

She really impressed me with her PT as well, she is only 5 but she kept up with the big kids doing squats she pulled out 100 of em non-stop. 25 push ups, not all of them on her own power but they weren't girl push ups either. The instructor came up and helped her with the last 6 of them. 30 Jumping jacks not ridiculously hard but she couldn't even do jumping jacks when she started, couldn't get the coordination down. She looked like such a Lil Warrior doing her punches and kicks, Kiya'ing with power and force it was soooo cool to see her focus like that. When she got her belt she was so proud and you could just see it in her eyes. Everyone we have talked to since found out about her getting her yellow belt and how many squats she did. It really doesn't get a whole lot better than to watch yor children be proud of an accomplishment they had to owrk hard for.

Okay Gloating Dad Out!

Might as well have been watching a UFC fight. Speaking of MMA did you all see Fedor knock homeboy out Saturday, man that shot was SO LOUD! Thwap! NICE!!!
    That is awesome new about your daughter you must be so proud. I saw the fight and that punch it was vicious and fast. I saw the dudes head swing around and the the body slowly followed till he fell in a heap. He then went into the please do not hit me anymore mode and the fight was stopped. The dude gave him a great fight busted that nose up with a jab and I really thought Fedor was in trouble when he was on his back and his face was getting pounded. If he can stay on his feet he could beat Brock but if Lesnar get him down I think Fedor is done. Fedor had problems with this guys power wait till he feels the power brock has along with being much quicker than the guy he just brawled with. I really hope that this fight happens.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Okay Gloating Dad Out!

Oh I remember this sooo well... my daughter was a girl qb which was unheard of in contact football. She had an arm like a cannon and the sweetest release I have ever seen. She too a lot of shots from some pretty big guys so my nerves were on edge but the elation when she threw a td pass was unbelievable.

I was so proud I would warm her up before a game and people would crowd around watching her, cuz there was no boy that could throw like her. She didn't play past 12 cuz when puberty hits it's different story. She was pretty damned small.

One of my other big moments with here is when she was under age playing in a boys league playing wide out and she was 8 years old I believe, she caught her first past and ran through some guy for a first down. Everybody was jumping and screaming on our team cuz nobody could believe it.

Don't get me started with my son he won 5 MVP awards over the years. There is something special about seeing your daughter do well though, especially when it's so unexpected. I could not handle the preasure though, I was crazy come game day.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.44%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

you are an enormous wealth of information Kleen
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Sorry Ive been MIA the past couple of days.....

Ridiculous weekend for you sir!

Your daughter reminds me of my baby sister.....ahhh the grow up so fast! Just last month she put her first guy to sleep in class. Boy didnt wanna tap so she sang him to sleep witha beautiful choke.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

That is awesome new about your daughter you must be so proud. I saw the fight and that punch it was vicious and fast. I saw the dudes head swing around and the the body slowly followed till he fell in a heap. He then went into the please do not hit me anymore mode and the fight was stopped. The dude gave him a great fight busted that nose up with a jab and I really thought Fedor was in trouble when he was on his back and his face was getting pounded. If he can stay on his feet he could beat Brock but if Lesnar get him down I think Fedor is done. Fedor had problems with this guys power wait till he feels the power brock has along with being much quicker than the guy he just brawled with. I really hope that this fight happens.
    It will be nice but at the same time I would LOVE to see Brock get his ass kicked. I was fine until he started acting like a bitch in the opening of the fight with Mihr. Not touching gloves, I mean come'on dude this guy bested you in the middle of a hell storm of ridiculously powerful punches. Shake his hand and remember this isn't WWE, this is real fighters who show respect for one another even in the midst of trash talk. Then the way he acted after he won the fight too. Douche Bag!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Oh I remember this sooo well... my daughter was a girl qb which was unheard of in contact football. She had an arm like a cannon and the sweetest release I have ever seen. She too a lot of shots from some pretty big guys so my nerves were on edge but the elation when she threw a td pass was unbelievable.

I was so proud I would warm her up before a game and people would crowd around watching her, cuz there was no boy that could throw like her. She didn't play past 12 cuz when puberty hits it's different story. She was pretty damned small.

One of my other big moments with here is when she was under age playing in a boys league playing wide out and she was 8 years old I believe, she caught her first past and ran through some guy for a first down. Everybody was jumping and screaming on our team cuz nobody could believe it.

Don't get me started with my son he won 5 MVP awards over the years. There is something special about seeing your daughter do well though, especially when it's so unexpected. I could not handle the preasure though, I was crazy come game day.
    Yeah she surprised me. Was pretty awesome and she is excited to start working towards her next stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    you are an enormous wealth of information Kleen
    Thanks Man, I try to explain my reasons for doing things so others can not only repeat it if they want to, but so they understand the reasons why they are doing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Sorry Ive been MIA the past couple of days.....

Ridiculous weekend for you sir!

Your daughter reminds me of my baby sister.....ahhh the grow up so fast! Just last month she put her first guy to sleep in class. Boy didnt wanna tap so she sang him to sleep witha beautiful choke.
    Was wondering where you had been. You see those deads Pimpin? Oh yeah 405 for 3 no belt, Dats a bery nice!!!!!!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Congrats on the daughter's achievements bro. It must be freakin' awesome to watch.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

Playa playa not gonna lie your deads are better then mine!!!

No belt and no wraps you be hitting it like a f*cking animal. Your whole lift was ridic! As well as your weight gains! You now weigh more then my fat @ss! and you still probably in those single digits.

When you hitting squats? Im waiting for that 405 for 5.......yeah you heard me....5 reps, thats what i wanna see out of you!
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Playa playa not gonna lie your deads are better then mine!!!

No belt and no wraps you be hitting it like a f*cking animal. Your whole lift was ridic! As well as your weight gains! You now weigh more then my fat @ss! and you still probably in those single digits.

When you hitting squats? Im waiting for that 405 for 5.......yeah you heard me....5 reps, thats what i wanna see out of you!
    Well I will be hitting squats tomorrow. I think my goal will be to see how many reps I can churn out at 365. If I get between 8-10 I will be psyched! My heavy days are Sunday and this Sunday the 4 plates go on the bar, we will see how many reps I get then but I hope I will have gotten myself a belt by then as well.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

Alright that sounds like good times are ahead!!

hiting 365 for 8 reps a good goal....if you hit 10 then if you dont hit 405 for 5 on sunday then its a mental thing. You got some tree trunks for legs bro...im eager to see what you're gonna be cranking out
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.17%

Log looks good man!! Gratz on everything that is going your way!! Definitely giving this stack a whirl beginning of next year, wiht some other goodies. Happy for ya man!!
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Alright that sounds like good times are ahead!!

hiting 365 for 8 reps a good goal....if you hit 10 then if you dont hit 405 for 5 on sunday then its a mental thing. You got some tree trunks for legs bro...im eager to see what you're gonna be cranking out
    Thanks man, you know I just doint think of my legs as big. I have always felt they were small. I think because they never hold any fat at all so I never have that false thickness. Even with the weight gainb my legs are still vascular in the thighs. Arms seem to be getting more vascular too. i normally don't have any fat on them either.

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Log looks good man!! Gratz on everything that is going your way!! Definitely giving this stack a whirl beginning of next year, wiht some other goodies. Happy for ya man!!
    Thanks Weev! Yeah this is a nice stack. I am loving it right now. I look a lot bigger at least in my clothes. My shirts are noticeably tighter too.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Day 17 Part 2

Well if this gives you any idea of how I am feeling. I had too much energy to sit and do nothing so I went for a brisk walk at lunch 45 minutes. So much for just a recovery day. I just now got back from Karate class and man I feel great. Once again, my hands are nice and bruised this time from doing back fists all night. I am really in the zone with the training and as you can tell I just don't have that practice easy gene in me. My goal was to knock the the pad off my partners arm. Left a decent bruise on the forearm of the holder through the pad. OOPS! Bottom line it was a blast and tomorrow if nothing stops me I am doing the MMA class so I can get in there and work on some real time action/reaction stuff. Kind of hoping for a grappling day but if stand up is the game then I am all in there too. Just have to get my timing back and feel comfortable again so my body loosens back up enough to float around and be lighting quick again. We will see how the positive aggression plays out in that scenario....
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dang bruises through the pads!! that's some hard hitting big boy!!
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    dang bruises through the pads!! that's some hard hitting big boy!!
    I noticed towards the end they started pulling the pads away as my hand got to the strike point. Made me skin my knuckles a few times off of the leather and I asked why they were moving away when we finished. They said it was hurting them and took the pad off and it was bruising, that was through about 4 inches of pad. I felt like Tim Allen, more power AHH_AHHH_AHHHH!!!
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.25%

so my question is, how are you training your daughter at home??? She's to young to be on Prime, or are you slipping her some????
    Great job bro! good luck on the reps this week
  20. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

Well if this gives you any idea of how I am feeling. I had too much energy to sit and do nothing so I went for a brisk walk at lunch 45 minutes. So much for just a recovery day. I just now got back from Karate class and man I feel great. Once again, my hands are nice and bruised this time from doing back fists all night. I am really in the zone with the training and as you can tell I just don't have that practice easy gene in me. My goal was to knock the the pad off my partners arm. Left a decent bruise on the forearm of the holder through the pad. OOPS! Bottom line it was a blast and tomorrow if nothing stops me I am doing the MMA class so I can get in there and work on some real time action/reaction stuff. Kind of hoping for a grappling day but if stand up is the game then I am all in there too. Just have to get my timing back and feel comfortable again so my body loosens back up enough to float around and be lighting quick again. We will see how the positive aggression plays out in that scenario....
    Very nice bro.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Well I will be hitting squats tomorrow. I think my goal will be to see how many reps I can churn out at 365. If I get between 8-10 I will be psyched! My heavy days are Sunday and this Sunday the 4 plates go on the bar, we will see how many reps I get then but I hope I will have gotten myself a belt by then as well.
    Yah with my waist getting smaller I should see about a belt as well as I go heavier.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    so my question is, how are you training your daughter at home??? She's to young to be on Prime, or are you slipping her some????
    Great job bro! good luck on the reps this week
    Well, if I told you... HaHa. No but I do make sure she gets a lot of protein and her snacks are almost always sugar free. She loves yogurt, and thinks protein bars are basically another form of candy. We don't give her candy bars to often just so she doesn't notice the difference in taste too much. She is solid like I am. Has seperation from her shoulders to her bi's and tri's, just a lil brick house. Has her daddy's ridiculous calves too. No heels for her... ever! She was climbing up a step ladder the other day to get a protein bar and I saw her calves popping like two upside down hearts, split up the middle and everything. LOL

Very nice bro.
    Thanks, I am getting more and more excited about the idea of laying down some of this aggression in class, I really hope nothing gets in the way of me going to the MMA class tonight.

Yah with my waist getting smaller I should see about a belt as well as I go heavier.
    Big time, it definitely makes a difference and I am way over hanging on to the "I am invincible, and will be fine!" attitude.
  23. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

Well, if I told you... HaHa. No but I do make sure she gets a lot of protein and her snacks are almost always sugar free. She loves yogurt, and thinks protein bars are basically another form of candy. We don't give her candy bars to often just so she doesn't notice the difference in taste too much. She is solid like I am. Has seperation from her shoulders to her bi's and tri's, just a lil brick house. Has her daddy's ridiculous calves too. No heels for her... ever! She was climbing up a step ladder the other day to get a protein bar and I saw her calves popping like two upside down hearts, split up the middle and everything. LOL

Thanks, I am getting more and more excited about the idea of laying down some of this aggression in class, I really hope nothing gets in the way of me going to the MMA class tonight.

Big time, it definitely makes a difference and I am way over hanging on to the "I am invincible, and will be fine!" attitude.
    I hope you get to the class and kick it into high gear.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Day 18 - Foot Cramp WTF?

Well I had a good workout even with what ended up killing my intended attempts at 365 for maximum reps on squats. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches and change up the plan.

First my chest is still recovering from blasting it this weekend. I decided to go a little lower on the Incline Hammer sterength to allow some more recovery instead I went wide and kept it at a weight I could squeeze sets of 10 out.
    Shoulders were feeling pretty good but again a little toasty and back I was on cruise control after the deads, just maintaining. I really don't need any more width in my back at the moment, so I am not killing it too bad and just saving the tendons by keeping a neutral grip and body weight only for 3 sets of ten and a negative. Anyway let me put it down in an easy format instead of explaining away at it. LOL

Hammer Incline Press - 110ps x15,140psx10, 145psx10>100x10>55x12

Neutral Grip Chins - bw 3 sets of 10, last rep 20 second negative>close grip pull down 120x8>80x9

Standing Arnold Press - 30x10, 60x10, 60x9>55x4>50x4
    Lateral Raises 30x10, 35x10

DB Hammer Curls - 60x10, 65x10

Squats - 185x12, right about number 9 I got a serious cramp in my foot. 275x6, cramp came back worse on 4rth rep this time. 275x4, cramp got so bad i felt like a fat woman put the leg of a chair on my foot and had herself a seat. Massaged that out and got back under for another 4 reps before it got to excruciating. That was it, too much pain and frustration, I was in the mindset to kill it and this only pissed me off. I went to the leg press machine that already had 12 plates on it and decided I was going to kill the thighs off with one high rep set.
    So what it really looked like without all the words in the middle was:

Squats 185x12, 275x6, 275x4, 275x4>Leg Press 12 platesx30
    Leg Adductors whole stack, 190x12, 190x10>140x10>80x8
    Leg Abductors 190x6, 170x10>140x15
    Leg Extensions 220x10>190x8>140x9

Man I will not lie even though I did not get to really even attempt my goal, I am pretty happy with the alternate workout that came from the issue. The 30 reps with 12 plates had my thighs so pumped it was ridiculous. It took a couple of pauses while still under the weight to finish the 30 reps by the end I was probably pausing a few seconds between each rep or two, just long enough to really exhale and inhale big a few times then start again. Was pretty awesome.

Well, I weighed myself, I know I am not supposed to weigh myself all the time but I woke up looking leaner. Just the limited carbs and basically 2 cardio sessions from yesterday I dropped a good bit of water. Abs showing more and I was 195 down from 197 but I am looking good right now, very pleased with my appearance especially since I am gaining weight. I do tend to yoyo a bit but it seems I may want to start weighing myself in the middle of the week away from my weekends where I tend to eat more. I would rather have a median weight to go off of and I think I will get that this way. At 195 I am easily as lean as I was at 192, no question in my mind. Gonna keep riding this train and eating in the same range I am as I am putting on weight and staying aesthetically pleasing.
  25. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

Well I had a good workout even with what ended up killing my intended attempts at 365 for maximum reps on squats. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches and change up the plan.

First my chest is still recovering from blasting it this weekend. I decided to go a little lower on the Incline Hammer sterength to allow some more recovery instead I went wide and kept it at a weight I could squeeze sets of 10 out.
    Shoulders were feeling pretty good but again a little toasty and back I was on cruise control after the deads, just maintaining. I really don't need any more width in my back at the moment, so I am not killing it too bad and just saving the tendons by keeping a neutral grip and body weight only for 3 sets of ten and a negative. Anyway let me put it down in an easy format instead of explaining away at it. LOL

Hammer Incline Press - 110ps x15,140psx10, 145psx10>100x10>55x12

Neutral Grip Chins - bw 3 sets of 10, last rep 20 second negative>close grip pull down 120x8>80x9

Standing Arnold Press - 30x10, 60x10, 60x9>55x4>50x4
    Lateral Raises 30x10, 35x10

DB Hammer Curls - 60x10, 65x10

Squats - 185x12, right about number 9 I got a serious cramp in my foot. 275x6, cramp came back worse on 4rth rep this time. 275x4, cramp got so bad i felt like a fat woman put the leg of a chair on my foot and had herself a seat. Massaged that out and got back under for another 4 reps before it got to excruciating. That was it, too much pain and frustration, I was in the mindset to kill it and this only pissed me off. I went to the leg press machine that already had 12 plates on it and decided I was going to kill the thighs off with one high rep set.
    So what it really looked like without all the words in the middle was:

Squats 185x12, 275x6, 275x4, 275x4>Leg Press 12 platesx30
    Leg Adductors whole stack, 190x12, 190x10>140x10>80x8
    Leg Abductors 190x6, 170x10>140x15
    Leg Extensions 220x10>190x8>140x9

Man I will not lie even though I did not get to really even attempt my goal, I am pretty happy with the alternate workout that came from the issue. The 30 reps with 12 plates had my thighs so pumped it was ridiculous. It took a couple of pauses while still under the weight to finish the 30 reps by the end I was probably pausing a few seconds between each rep or two, just long enough to really exhale and inhale big a few times then start again. Was pretty awesome.

Well, I weighed myself, I know I am not supposed to weigh myself all the time but I woke up looking leaner. Just the limited carbs and basically 2 cardio sessions from yesterday I dropped a good bit of water. Abs showing more and I was 195 down from 197 but I am looking good right now, very pleased with my appearance especially since I am gaining weight. I do tend to yoyo a bit but it seems I may want to start weighing myself in the middle of the week away from my weekends where I tend to eat more. I would rather have a median weight to go off of and I think I will get that this way. At 195 I am easily as lean as I was at 192, no question in my mind. Gonna keep riding this train and eating in the same range I am as I am putting on weight and staying aesthetically pleasing.
    Nice workout bro.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%

I may have to feel my way through my workout as well, the phenomenal workout I had on sunday has this body whining a bit. I'll play it by ear.. originally what I wanted to do is push my front squats up as close to 300 as I could so I could cross that barrier on thursday. I'll do 270 and see how it feels then ease it up if I can. I could slam down some jacked and go to town but I'd rather make sure I sleep well tonight. If I can push it up to 280-285 then jacked will be on thursdays menu.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

dang sorry to hear about the cramps. BUt it was good you decided to change up your routine to accomodate the pain. Just gotta move forward and get ready for your next lift.

And despite that, you workout was still excellent. Keep pushing it!
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Nice workout bro.
    Thank You Sir!

I may have to feel my way through my workout as well, the phenomenal workout I had on sunday has this body whining a bit. I'll play it by ear.. originally what I wanted to do is push my front squats up as close to 300 as I could so I could cross that barrier on thursday. I'll do 270 and see how it feels then ease it up if I can. I could slam down some jacked and go to town but I'd rather make sure I sleep well tonight. If I can push it up to 280-285 then jacked will be on thursdays menu.
    Man hats off to you with those front squats. I have such issues with them. At 205 I was having some issues with form already. That one takes some commitment to practice until you have it right.

dang sorry to hear about the cramps. BUt it was good you decided to change up your routine to accomodate the pain. Just gotta move forward and get ready for your next lift.

And despite that, you workout was still excellent. Keep pushing it!
    Yeah I did love it and my legs probably ended up being worked harder on that set of 30, it was only determination and frustration from not being able to test my squats that made me get all those reps. Was fun to push myself.

Good news, I just got confirmation that R.E.A.L. is definitely going to have a show here in May so I will get to do a repeat of my first show, a lot of the same competitors will be there so I can see how I measure up this year. If I am on point enough before then I may try to do the Texas Shredder as well but I don't know yet. I would LOVE to step on stage at 185 but we will see. Just keep on building. No injuries please!!!!!
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%

Man hats off to you with those front squats. I have such issues with them. At 205 I was having some issues with form already. That one takes some commitment to practice until you have it right.
    Once you have it though your balance is there and you can just concentrate on the lift. You have to really focus on balance or it just throws everything off.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%

....185.....that is really freaking lean for you
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15%

Nice workout! Sorry to hear about the foot cramp! What weight did you compete at last year if you don't mind me asking? I'll be trying to compete for the first time in June and i'm looking at coming in at 220-225.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Once you have it though your balance is there and you can just concentrate on the lift. You have to really focus on balance or it just throws everything off.
    Yeah and holding the bar is hard for me. I try the arms crossed but the bar wants to slide off or go into my throat. With the hands holding it my wrists feel like they are gonna pop off like a rubberband off your thumb. What grip do you use?

....185.....that is really freaking lean for you
    Not really you also have to consider how much water comes off during peak week. You can count on looking damn good before the show and then if things go well you drop another 5 lbs of sub q water that week. I would actually need to gain another 3-4 lbs of muscle to hit the stage at 185 and 4%. I wont be competing at anything over 5% A guy who is dry at 5% looks WAY leaner than a guy who is 5% but still holding some water. Sub q just softens you up so much. Way more than you would expect. Intersting you weigh 190 at 5%, drop 5 lbs of water, and you are still 5% at 185 but look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice workout! Sorry to hear about the foot cramp! What weight did you compete at last year if you don't mind me asking? I'll be trying to compete for the first time in June and i'm looking at coming in at 220-225.
    I weighed in at 170 last year, should have been about 177 but used Taraxatone when i was already dry and lost 7 lbs of water overnight all from my muscle belly. I looked small when I woke up. I couldn't get any size back on me. This year I think I have added 10 lbs of quality muscle to my frame. Not too bad for a natty guy who refused to get over 10%. Man you will be a BEAST at 220-225 and 5"11!
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Day 19 - HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!!!

I have to laugh at myself a little today because I burned my dumb azz last night. I was making sirloin vegetable soup and in the middle of cooking the beef I was trying to cut through this last peice that was still frozen, I had thawed the meat out earlier but the very insude of it was still frozen. Since I was in a hurry to get to my MMA class I didn't wait the extra 30-45 minutes to allow the center to thaw in some cold water I just started cooking. Well the fronzen part in the center of the roll was about an inch in diameter and I was breaking of peices of the meat as it thawed. I got down to what seemed to be an easy cut through and pushed down on it with the tip of the spatula. Guess what happened.... YUP, thats right the pressure caused the meat to slide about six inches toward me splashing enough grease on my stomach to cover a good 4 inch in diameter section of my lower abdomen and several good size splashes straight at my crotch too. Thank God I had jean shorts on! I only had a wife beater on so the grease not only went through it immediately but was then held close to my stomach by the shirt until I literally ripped the shirt off. So anyway I didn't go to class last night I was too busy holding an ice pack to my stomach. I got it taken care of quickly enough that I only got a couple tiny blisters and about a good 4 inches of welted red left there this morning. This mornings shower SUCKED, anything warm enough for the ret of my body was way too hot for my stomach. It could have been much worse but I was lucky.

Scary thing is I had just run Trinity away, she always wants to help stir and add ingredients when I am cooking. She even helped me initially to use the spatula to cup up the ground sirloin. Of course as soon as it started to get grease in the pan I told her she couldn't help any more and couldn't even stand near the stove until I finished with the meat. I swear it was only 2 minutes later I was covered in burning grease that would have hit her in the face and neck if she had still been in there watching as she had asked too. She was freaking out when I started cussing and screaming and ripped my shirt off to get the hot grease off of me. It took everything I had not to start punching things. Anyway she was such a little Florence Nightengale. She is 5 and immediately got the ice pack out of the freezer and said Daddy put this on your burn. I was stil reacting to the pain when she handed me the ice pack. No panic she just did what was needed. How cool is that???

Well to cut off this non workout related diatribe, here is what is going on with my body other than burns.
    I haven't weighed in but I am looking leaner day by day. I even ate some extra carbs this morning because I could see that I could by the way my abs were showing. I have been getting in my calories albeit a little lower than last weeks but only by maybe 250 cals, so I am surprised that I am leaning up this quickly. Or MAYBE I am getting bigger in some areas and leaning up in others. One thing I am loving is I always get a vein at the top of my left pec going across the delt and down into my arm. If I am even reomotely lean this is visible. However the one on my right side is almost never visible. Well it was showing a little this morning. No workout, nothing to increase blood flow and yet there it is just barely peaking out. Like an old freind hiding in wait to surprise me. It is normally not out yet at my current body fat. This means I have put some size on my shoulders that has required increased blood flow making the vein bigger and pressed close to the skin. Bottom line. My shoulders are DEFINITELY GETTING SWOLE!!!!!

I will be taking another walk at lunch for cardio, couldn't get up this morning due to restless sleep. I normally sleep on my stomach, and due to the burn that just wasn't happening. Then Karate again tonight. WooHoo!!!!!!

Happy Veterans/Soldiers Day everyone who has served or is serving in our BLESSED ARMED FORCES!!!!!!!
  34. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

I have to laugh at myself a little today because I burned my dumb azz last night. I was making sirloin vegetable soup and in the middle of cooking the beef I was trying to cut through this last peice that was still frozen, I had thawed the meat out earlier but the very insude of it was still frozen. Since I was in a hurry to get to my MMA class I didn't wait the extra 30-45 minutes to allow the center to thaw in some cold water I just started cooking. Well the fronzen part in the center of the roll was about an inch in diameter and I was breaking of peices of the meat as it thawed. I got down to what seemed to be an easy cut through and pushed down on it with the tip of the spatula. Guess what happened.... YUP, thats right the pressure caused the meat to slide about six inches toward me splashing enough grease on my stomach to cover a good 4 inch in diameter section of my lower abdomen and several good size splashes straight at my crotch too. Thank God I had jean shorts on! I only had a wife beater on so the grease not only went through it immediately but was then held close to my stomach by the shirt until I literally ripped the shirt off. So anyway I didn't go to class last night I was too busy holding an ice pack to my stomach. I got it taken care of quickly enough that I only got a couple tiny blisters and about a good 4 inches of welted red left there this morning. This mornings shower SUCKED, anything warm enough for the ret of my body was way too hot for my stomach. It could have been much worse but I was lucky.

Scary thing is I had just run Trinity away, she always wants to help stir and add ingredients when I am cooking. She even helped me initially to use the spatula to cup up the ground sirloin. Of course as soon as it started to get grease in the pan I told her she couldn't help any more and couldn't even stand near the stove until I finished with the meat. I swear it was only 2 minutes later I was covered in burning grease that would have hit her in the face and neck if she had still been in there watching as she had asked too. She was freaking out when I started cussing and screaming and ripped my shirt off to get the hot grease off of me. It took everything I had not to start punching things. Anyway she was such a little Florence Nightengale. She is 5 and immediately got the ice pack out of the freezer and said Daddy put this on your burn. I was stil reacting to the pain when she handed me the ice pack. No panic she just did what was needed. How cool is that???

Well to cut off this non workout related diatribe, here is what is going on with my body other than burns.
    I haven't weighed in but I am looking leaner day by day. I even ate some extra carbs this morning because I could see that I could by the way my abs were showing. I have been getting in my calories albeit a little lower than last weeks but only by maybe 250 cals, so I am surprised that I am leaning up this quickly. Or MAYBE I am getting bigger in some areas and leaning up in others. One thing I am loving is I always get a vein at the top of my left pec going across the delt and down into my arm. If I am even reomotely lean this is visible. However the one on my right side is almost never visible. Well it was showing a little this morning. No workout, nothing to increase blood flow and yet there it is just barely peaking out. Like an old freind hiding in wait to surprise me. It is normally not out yet at my current body fat. This means I have put some size on my shoulders that has required increased blood flow making the vein bigger and pressed close to the skin. Bottom line. My shoulders are DEFINITELY GETTING SWOLE!!!!!

I will be taking another walk at lunch for cardio, couldn't get up this morning due to restless sleep. I normally sleep on my stomach, and due to the burn that just wasn't happening. Then Karate again tonight. WooHoo!!!!!!

Happy Veterans/Soldiers Day everyone who has served or is serving in our BLESSED ARMED FORCES!!!!!!!
    SWOLE shoulders are a good thing great job.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%

Yeah and holding the bar is hard for me. I try the arms crossed but the bar wants to slide off or go into my throat. With the hands holding it my wrists feel like they are gonna pop off like a rubberband off your thumb. What grip do you use?

I weighed in at 170 last year, should have been about 177 but used Taraxatone when i was already dry and lost 7 lbs of water overnight all from my muscle belly. I looked small when I woke up. I couldn't get any size back on me. This year I think I have added 10 lbs of quality muscle to my frame. Not too bad for a natty guy who refused to get over 10%. Man you will be a BEAST at 220-225 and 5"11!
    I use a cross armed grip, elbows high is the key. It does feel like it might choke you but let it settle in, stay back on your heals shins perpendicular (90 degrees) to the floor, make sure the bar does not slide forward. I have gotten to the point that the weight of the bar sits on my upper chest, the arms are just there to steady it and keep the balance.

Yah he's a bit bigger than me I think.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

I use a cross armed grip, elbows high is the key. It does feel like it might choke you but let it settle in, stay back on your heals shins perpendicular (90 degrees) to the floor, make sure the bar does not slide forward. I have gotten to the point that the weight of the bar sits on my upper chest, the arms are just there to steady it and keep the balance.

Yah he's a bit bigger than me I think.
    I should probably stick with 185 until I have perfect form for a couple weeks then. You ever do barbell hack squats? I adopted them after i gave up on front squats and man I love them.
  37. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

I should probably stick with 185 until I have perfect form for a couple weeks then. You ever do barbell hack squats? I adopted them after i gave up on front squats and man I love them.
    Very good idea.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

Very good idea.
    When I start DC in a couple weeks I will make this my Widowmaker set at 185.

By the way DW thanks for the detailed instruction.
  39. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.68%

When I start DC in a couple weeks I will make this my Widowmaker set at 185.

By the way DW thanks for the detailed instruction.
    DW knows his stuff.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.64%

Yep but thanks for reminding me about them...it's been a while...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Allergic Reaction
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
  2. Restore allergic reaction.
    By rysigpi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
  3. possible allergic reaction
    By dcpsc011 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2