OH NO! Is Kleen having an allergic reaction? No he is just getting SWOLE! A sponsored

Page 5 of 11 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    When I used to do 500 I used straps so I was trying to see what I could do without them, I just got up to doing around 325 for 10 reps ... my grip was holding then my hamstring went pop..again!! Not a lot of pain ... just scary. I was using sumo to save my back and my hammies go!! I have a really strong back but tend to pull my muscle right at the top of my glute when I use a wide grip on deads. I could probably get back over 500 if my body would hold up, oh well it's just a number. I get good gains from lighter weights still...
    Dream that is a great weight with and without straps!! What are your thoughts on using them for pullups, not for the cheat in the lifting, but to take the forearm out of the motion to concentrate completely on the back.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    Dream that is a great weight with and without straps!! What are your thoughts on using them for pullups, not for the cheat in the lifting, but to take the forearm out of the motion to concentrate completely on the back.
    Sounds ok to me... I know that straps can really add weight to your deads hence give you unrealistic lifts but if there is an advantage for development then why not.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Send my wishes to her as well. Sounds painful, but knowing the kind of guy you are, I am sure you are tending to her every need.
    How does the elbow feel today?? Sounds like the shot worked and the extra fats are keeping you rolling. I wish my lethargic workouts were as intense as yours!!!
    Man the shot has worked wonders. I feel I could go in and lift the world but I know I have to still take it easy with my tendon. I think the use of open grips and lack of direct heavy arm work will hopefully be enough to allow it to heal. I am really so in the zone right now with my lifting that I can't make myself dial it down. It seems I am having a chemical reaction to the cold hard steel. I can't make myself stop loading the weight. In the back of my mind I hear this little voice like I am Bilbo Baggins and the weights are "My Precious!" calling me like an unnatural obsession.

Sounds ok to me... I know that straps can really add weight to your deads hence give you unrealistic lifts but if there is an advantage for development then why not.
    Amen to both of these. I believe there are just too many "purists" out there. No gloves, no wraps none of that. It all has to be nekked and natural. Well if the goal is to add mass on the back, hams, quads, and glutes then by God give me some wraps and add another 100lbs on the bar I am growing some muscle. When I am ready to increase my grip strength I will work specifically for grip. I will carry 120 lb dumbells around the gym with nothing but resin on my hands. I will do dead hangs from the chin up bar for as long as I can hold on. Maybe even with a weight hanging off of me. So many options but if your grip isn't up to snuff with your back strength then wrap when working back and work on grip seperately. Keep the back growing man!

Sorry you asked one hell of a question and I got excited. I beleive that wraps and what not are like supplements. You should already have your stuff together before you adopt the use of them. You do not want to rely on wraps and in a lot of ways should avoid the use a little bit. I would have probably used mine but I only had those lifting hooks I got. I will say screw those lifting hooks, not worth the money I spent on them. I put them on for the first set and it was horrible. So I went without my straps. Next deadlift workout I will go up on most of my sets without the wraps but once I get into the 3 rep range I will be putting them on. That way my grip strength still benefits from the earlier sets but I am using everything I have got in the last few sets and grip can't be handicapping me then.

Another tip for you AG is when doing your pulling movements for back, visualize your hands as hooks, there only purpose is to be a hook securing you to whatever you are anchoring to the bar or chin up handle, whatever. Now once you have that in mind when you go to pull pull only with your elbows, you may need to close your eyes to get the mind muscle connection but once you feel the difference you will know automatically that you have made the change. THe difference in feeling is night and day from the pulling with the hand which really brings the biceps and biceps brachialis into the move more. Give that a shot and tell me what you think.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Day 12 - I am a mass monster!

Man I am really feeling the bulk phase here. I have been eating at 750 cals over maintenance for 3 days now. I have another 2 days at theminimum however if I am still happy with my appearance on Saturday I will keep eating higher calories until Monday. This is really going to be me watching my waist line a lot and making sure I am still pleased with myself aesthetically. The way things are looking my idea of increasing the calories through helathy fats is really working out well. I am not bloating up, but I am looking very full and large.

I was up late with the wife last night, she had to work late and we didn't get to bed until a little later than usual. So I decided to sleep in this morning and do light cardio during lunch, or just use karate class as my cardio tonight. I am however thinking I may cut back on cardio during my higher calorie days to really reap the benefits of muscle gain and extra recovery. We shall see what happens. I have a plan in mind but it is always very dynamic. I want to see how things work now that I have the discipline to really use all of my own knowledge to my advantage. This past year has really been a great year for me regarding growth in discipline, and it has equated into a good amount of muscular growth as well.

A couple updates on other things.

Attitude - My attitude has become more positive in general. I have gotten control over my temper flaring up.

Libido - My libido is through the roof right now and with my wifes issue that isnt doing me any good. However it is definitely up at the moment.

Aggression - My aggression is still quite high although it is mostly positive aggression and not me being an ass. When I get my mind into "The Zone" I am very hard to get back out of the zone. Go Time means GO TIME!

Progress - I feel my legs growing... like right now, I feel them working to recover. The buzz of activity in my legs that just lets you know something is going on down there. The thighs feel swolen, full and electric. I am expecting some good growth in the legs by the end of this. Almost at the halfway point now and I feel great! Strength is definitely going up, and I think this Sunday we will see some killer lifts when I am going for power. I think I will keep my reps to no more than 3 after a warm up and see what I can do. Tomorrow I will either hit deads again or go heavy on leg press.

On another note I am dying to do some Wide grip Upright rows. I crave them like a dieting man craves pizza. I miss the activation of the entire posterior chain the way that I get from these. I know they are the missing link in my shoulder workout and it is driving me nuts not being able to do these but they are the worst thing for my tendon.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Thanks for the input Kleen and Dream!! Kleen I will def give that a try next back day, but let me ask you this, what is the difference in that movement with the extreme wide grip to the close. Close are of course weighted, but with the extreme wide and having these long arms and 235lbs, no weight needed. I already feel that bicep pump in the close, but only back in the wide.
    Agree with all on the wraps. That is what I have been doing from the outset. If I want to grow and throw on a plate or 2 more, then the wraps come on. I save the grip strength and forearm for other lifts.
    Hope the wife is feeling better..., sucks to have her going through that and your libido going through the roof at the same time
    I have never done the wide grip uprights before, just slightly inside of the shoulders grip. What bar do you use for that??? EZ??? The shoulders love those... the wrist... not so much.
    You haven't told us in a while how the house is going??? Did the Alpha Male in you either rip it down, or finish the thing????
    Love the updates bro
    AG
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Thanks for the input Kleen and Dream!! Kleen I will def give that a try next back day, but let me ask you this, what is the difference in that movement with the extreme wide grip to the close. Close are of course weighted, but with the extreme wide and having these long arms and 235lbs, no weight needed. I already feel that bicep pump in the close, but only back in the wide.
    Agree with all on the wraps. That is what I have been doing from the outset. If I want to grow and throw on a plate or 2 more, then the wraps come on. I save the grip strength and forearm for other lifts.
    Hope the wife is feeling better..., sucks to have her going through that and your libido going through the roof at the same time
    I have never done the wide grip uprights before, just slightly inside of the shoulders grip. What bar do you use for that??? EZ??? The shoulders love those... the wrist... not so much.
    You haven't told us in a while how the house is going??? Did the Alpha Male in you either rip it down, or finish the thing????
    Love the updates bro
    AG

Wife is feeling a little better but not in working order yet.

Ultra wide grip you never really get full flexion of the arms/elbow joint so even if you are using the biceps you won't feel it as much. However the same practice holds true on that as well just think of the elbows as the pivot point, picture pulling your elbows down and into your sides.

FOr the wide grip you want the hands outside of the shoulders with an olympic bar. YOu will only get the bar about mid chest high, trying to go any higher you are just using your forearms to bring it up risking tendon issues at that angle. At the top of the movement you elbows should be just a little higher than your shoulders but not by much and your forearms should be almost vertical. Again with this one imagin pulling with your elbows and not pulling the bar itself just hook the hand to the bar and pull the elbows up and out. You will want to stand more upright than you do in a normal upright row, and keep the bar as close to your body as possible. YOu will definitely need to lower your weight at first. It is a completely different feel and you still get stimulation in the traps but nothing like you do in a close grip.

The House, AAAAAGHHHH!!!!! It is still kind of in the shambles, I got it to where no further damage is being done but can not fix it until I find a way to finance the slab repairs and no one is financing right now. Been divorced once and credit has not completely recovered yet so with all my other credit right now my ratio is not good. I have kind of come to accept that I wont be albe to get anyone to do the slab until I get my income tax return so everything is one hold. I am just making adjustments here and there where shifting is causing issues other than that there is not too much I can do that wouldn't be wasted work.

Oh well I just wont be hosting any parties any time soon...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wife is feeling a little better but not in working order yet.

Ultra wide grip you never really get full flexion of the arms/elbow joint so even if you are using the biceps you won't feel it as much. However the same practice holds true on that as well just think of the elbows as the pivot point, picture pulling your elbows down and into your sides.

FOr the wide grip you want the hands outside of the shoulders with an olympic bar. YOu will only get the bar about mid chest high, trying to go any higher you are just using your forearms to bring it up risking tendon issues at that angle. At the top of the movement you elbows should be just a little higher than your shoulders but not by much and your forearms should be almost vertical. Again with this one imagin pulling with your elbows and not pulling the bar itself just hook the hand to the bar and pull the elbows up and out. You will want to stand more upright than you do in a normal upright row, and keep the bar as close to your body as possible. YOu will definitely need to lower your weight at first. It is a completely different feel and you still get stimulation in the traps but nothing like you do in a close grip.

The House, AAAAAGHHHH!!!!! It is still kind of in the shambles, I got it to where no further damage is being done but can not fix it until I find a way to finance the slab repairs and no one is financing right now. Been divorced once and credit has not completely recovered yet so with all my other credit right now my ratio is not good. I have kind of come to accept that I wont be albe to get anyone to do the slab until I get my income tax return so everything is one hold. I am just making adjustments here and there where shifting is causing issues other than that there is not too much I can do that wouldn't be wasted work.

Oh well I just wont be hosting any parties any time soon...
    I really like those uprights with the wide grip!! Had shoulders today and gave them a shot. Used the olympic bar like you said. Started no weight to get the movement. Was easy with the mirror to follow the form. Tossed some quarters on each side and felt a nice burn in the traps. got up to 135, but form started slipping rep 6. All in all I think I am going to do them wide from now on. It was the first time doing these that I had no pressure in the wrists. I strapped up for the 135, and it really hit the trap well.
    Thanks for the pointer!!
    Sucks about the house bro! I definitely know the feeling of waiting for the beloved tax return. Fortunately for me, this is when having 7 kids really pays off!! Got some remodeling debt myself to kill with that. One thing does surprise me though... if it's the foundation slab why not have Dream fly down from the land of the north and do some wicked squats on it... fix your foundation AND he gets a great workout... everyone wins!! OR the two of you could leg press the thing while the construction guys fix whats underneath...

PARTY AT KLEEN'S !!!!!!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Day 13 - Now I did it!

Okay we will start of with last nights activities. I was not able to make it to my martial arts class on Monday, apparently we have been doing breaking drills all week. Well last night was my first attempt at breaking. We started with the 1 board equivialent for the guys and I made it through that relatively easily even though we were using a ridge hand strike. Well it didn't feel all that great but not too bad. Then he allowed those of us who got that one to go at the one that is equivalent to breaking two boards. 1st attempt, I smash one in there, and the hole board rips out of my instructors hands but doesn't break. I didn't hit in centered, but I hit it hard. Very hard as a matter of fact and my hand not being conditioned in any way really felt the force of the blow. Seeing my frustration he offered me another go at it. Now my hand is already hurting like a mofo. Yet, there was a challenge at hand and damnit I meant to meet it head on. I gear myself up, and THWAP!!! I lay another one in there, harder and more accurate apparently because the board broke as it flew out of his hands this time. I revelled in my excitement that I broke the hardest breaker we had there for the class, but only for a few seconds. I look down and my hand is already swollen from my wrist bone up to the thumb knuckle and halfway accross the back of my hand and is turning purple by the second. Well we went from there to some crosses and jabs which didn't hurt too bad, I was able to swallow the pain after the strikes and was so happy when class was finally over. My hand was so swollen the skin was tight and the poors were stretched open. Yikes! NOW I DID IT!!!

I could not even use my handlast night. No playing with my daughter none of that. Even using my thumb to try to turn the page on the book I read to her for bedtime was pretty excruciating. As you can tell I don't have a lot of quit in me. So not working out this morning was not an option. Last night I iced it for 2 15 minute rotations as well as took some ibuprofen and about 5 SuperCissus Rx. This morning the swelling had gone down some and I have some mobility and could actually make a grip, although painful. I took some Aleve, some SuperCissus Rx, and all of my normal morning supps, sucked it up and off to the gym I went.

The resulting workout and up pretty good.

Incline Hammer strength. I worked my way up to 3 plates a 25 and a 10 on each side, 6 reps> 3 plates x10>2 plates and 25x9>2 plates x7 (Thumb was feeling the pressure of the weight.)

Nuetral Grip Chins 3 sets body weight +25 X10>bwx6
    Nuetral grip row machine 170x4>140x10>100x8, these hurt the hand pretty bad but I got through it.

Seated lateral Raise machine - 100x10, 130x6, 130x8>100x6>70x3
    DB Front raises 45x5, 40x6, 40x5
    DB Bent over laterals, 20x10, 20x10>15x8
    Seated Front shoulder press machine Whole stack 180x10, 180x9>160x6>120x6>80x7

Original Plans when i went in was to do Front Squats and Stiff legged deads. Well that changed, my hand was hurting so the SLD where out the door. On top of that I was having issues with my form on the front squats. So I opted to use the front squats as a pre exhaust to some good al leg press.

Front Squats - 175x10, 215x10, 215x10 - I got very frustrated with these. I have a hard time holding the bar even when my hand is fine, and the cross arm method leaves either leaves me feeling like i don't have control, or the bar sits directly on my collar bone which is just not okay with me. So I could not go up enough to really kill my quads. As a matter of fact my second set at 215 I had to rerack the weight regrip and start over to finish.

45 degree leg press, 10 platex15, 14 plates x12, 18 plates x6>16x4>14x5>12x8>10x10, Oh man the legs were toast.

Seated bent leg calf raise, 3 platesx15 x3 sets

So all in all it ended up being a great workout anyway even though my hand was hurting during some of the exercises. I just hope they are feeling good on Sunday when I want to try pulling 415-425. If not then I will do heavy squats. Either way it is going to be a fun workout.

Hopefully I don't break anything but boards tonight in karate class. Yeah I know you would think I would take the day off, but that is not what a Warrior would do.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I really like those uprights with the wide grip!! Had shoulders today and gave them a shot. Used the olympic bar like you said. Started no weight to get the movement. Was easy with the mirror to follow the form. Tossed some quarters on each side and felt a nice burn in the traps. got up to 135, but form started slipping rep 6. All in all I think I am going to do them wide from now on. It was the first time doing these that I had no pressure in the wrists. I strapped up for the 135, and it really hit the trap well.
    Thanks for the pointer!!
    Sucks about the house bro! I definitely know the feeling of waiting for the beloved tax return. Fortunately for me, this is when having 7 kids really pays off!! Got some remodeling debt myself to kill with that. One thing does surprise me though... if it's the foundation slab why not have Dream fly down from the land of the north and do some wicked squats on it... fix your foundation AND he gets a great workout... everyone wins!! OR the two of you could leg press the thing while the construction guys fix whats underneath...

PARTY AT KLEEN'S !!!!!!
    Sounds good to me. Hook y'all up with some good ol Texas BBQ!

Glad you like the wider grip. The seperation between your traps and the caps of your delts will get more prominent with them too.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

man Kleen this is a kick @$$ log!!! Are any competitions coming up for you??
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    man Kleen this is a kick @$$ log!!! Are any competitions coming up for you??
    Hey, Thanks Man! I really want to make sure I document as much as I can and hopefully keep it interesting to read at the same time. I am going to do a competition this Spring/Summer season. I am still choosing which one I am going to do. I really want to go with this new federation but they still haven't provided the date for a local show so I am about to start entertaining the idea of checking in on some other natural shows. I am definitely going to stick with natural though. If I can put on another 10 lbs of muscle over this next year I may try to go against the guys who are getting some extra assistance the following year.

As long as I stay under 10% during my clean bulks I should be able to do any show I want starting a prep in January. However I may choose to do one later instead of earlier and bulk through February. I am refocusing my attact to be more gain oriented now. Not so worried about the cuts, but staying somewhat aesthetic while I gain as pure muscle being the goal. I will still keep BF relatively low but my main goal from here until at least January is going to be size. I may even hit up some DC Style training and see how well I do. It seems kind of simliar to my workouts now but different enough to make a difference too. We shall see. I have a little over 2 weeks left on this then I am going to do another Asteriod Stac but megadosing PRIME. I do really well with that for recomp and want to see what happens if I am eating 3-4000 k a day. I originally planned on calorie cycleing but I think I am only going to cut cals if I get unstatified with the composition changes.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Day 14 - Saved from myself...

Well last night I was saved from myself and my never say die attitude. I had EVERY intention of going back into class and working more on breaking even with my hand all SWOLE, lol Sorry couldn't resist. I got a nice reminder the end of the day pop up telling me I had a Reading with Daddy day at my daughters school. Honestly this was a good thing in more ways than one.

I can almost assure you I would have srewed my hand up worse last night and just had that same mentality from the old 90's movie Iron Eagle. Don't act like you don't know. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!! Well I was lucky and had better things to do. Reading with Daddy is a pretty cool little thing they have at the school where we go in and talk about how to be more involved with the kids and their eductaion. How to take a leadership role not just in the home but in school as well. It was really cool and my daughter just loved that i was there and wrote me a note telling me how happy she was I made time to come and how much she loved me and she was so excited when she gave it to me. It was just a really awesome night. Couldn't have been much better and it saved me from myself.

Update on hand. Wel the swelling is going down the purple spots are fading to a dull yellowish color. It is still sore to the touch and hurts when I make a tight grip but it is drastically improved. I very well may be able to do some deadlifts on Sunday.

I am holding between 195-196 and am looking bigger and visually I can not see any fat gain as of yet from when I was 192.

Now that I am back in Karate my cardio will more than likely be me practicing my kicks, punches, kata and some grappling with some jump rope mixed in to. That or some nonstop kettlebell work for 30 minutes, very light weights with lots of getting up and down from the floor. Just stuff that will also benefit my martial arts training. I don't want to be doing so much cardio that I am not gaining muscle especially since I will also be doing regular martial arts training at school. That and I have been off and on again with my martial arts and now it is time to really buckle down and move up in belts.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Youre a good faja..

Those wide grip uprights have me intrigued.
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

I can almost assure you I would have srewed my hand up worse last night and just had that same mentality from the old 90's movie Iron Eagle. Don't act like you don't know. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!! Well I was lucky and had better things to do. Reading with Daddy is a pretty cool little thing they have at the school where we go in and talk about how to be more involved with the kids and their eductaion. How to take a leadership role not just in the home but in school as well. It was really cool and my daughter just loved that i was there and wrote me a note telling me how happy she was I made time to come and how much she loved me and she was so excited when she gave it to me. It was just a really awesome night. Couldn't have been much better and it saved me from myself.
    love the quote and love hearing about the daughter. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it most worth while.
    Good luck with the deads man. I can't imagine doing those with a jacked hand, but then... some times us iron heads aren't too bright because I would be right there next to you if I were in the same boat.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

love the quote and love hearing about the daughter. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it most worth while.
    Good luck with the deads man. I can't imagine doing those with a jacked hand, but then... some times us iron heads aren't too bright because I would be right there next to you if I were in the same boat.
    Yep all about the little things .. I agree. Your time is the most valuable thing you have.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Youre a good faja..

you and me both. I am sold. Before Kleen mentioned them I had never seen them done. Glad he did because this eliminated the wrists pain for me and hit the traps better than the close. I guess that's why they call him the Iron Warrior... that or because he freely admits to his obsession with Depeche Mode... my vote is C - all of the above
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

you and me both. I am sold. Before Kleen mentioned them I had never seen them done. Glad he did because this eliminated the wrists pain for me and hit the traps better than the close. I guess that's why they call him the Iron Warrior... that or because he freely admits to his obsession with Depeche Mode... my vote is C - all of the above
    I actually have to avoid working traps directly or they get too big. I still have great traps and never do anything that would stimulate the directly. Problem is I have to avoid cleans too.. the good thing though is I don't have to do cleans...
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Youre a good faja..

Thanks Man, I completely adore my children and my wife.
    Those wide grips ore off the chain, fovorite shoulder exercise besides the all powerfull push press! Between the two you could really build massive well rounded shoulders and traps.

Yeah, those deads are gonna be rough, but I am going to give it a shot. I will be wearing wraps for sure.

As far as the daughter goes, you know how it is. They can make a bad day into a beautiful one just by being happy to see you come through the door. She is testing for her Yellow belt tonight, I can wait, I already have the camcorder charged up and the memory card free and clear for recording and the wife is taking pics. Thatis another reason I am focusing more on the martial arts now too. I want to set a good example for her regarding practice and consistency.

Yep all about the little things .. I agree. Your time is the most valuable thing you have.
    Amen DW, We have so much in common in those areas, and I consider myself in good company.

Glad you like them. Oh yeah, I think it is D all of the above, C is already taken by the answer I have such a "Magnetic personality."

I actually have to avoid working traps directly or they get too big. I still have great traps and never do anything that would stimulate the directly. Problem is I have to avoid cleans too.. the good thing though is I don't have to do cleans...
    Yeppers, Deadf lifts get my traps all the stimulus I need. No shrugs and no close grip uprights. If I did that my traps would push my earlobes out and that would just look silly.

You will only laugh until you see my new reason for loving Depeche Mode.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lr2Ras5evk"]YouTube- pub Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne 2009[/ame]
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Man, always a wealth of info whenever I check in here. Log and your results look great man!! I knew you'd kill it!!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

wish I had that issue with ALL my muscles, but then... in order to get around having to kill myself I say where would the fun be in that... sometimes though Dream I think you have all the luck!!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Hey Kleen I grudgingly must admit that I am a fan as well, and I like your C!!! Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to do the same. We had the 6 boys first, and finally she came along. I have been with her a grand total of 2 months throughout her long 18 month life... sometimes the army sucks
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

wish I had that issue with ALL my muscles, but then... in order to get around having to kill myself I say where would the fun be in that... sometimes though Dream I think you have all the luck!!
    Well it was a bit of a burden at one time, my traps used to get too big and it would take away from my width. I've had to work very hard to widen out. I have a lot of issues and it has taken me years to iron them out. We all have strength and weaknesses.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Hey Kleen I grudgingly must admit that I am a fan as well, and I like your C!!! Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to do the same. We had the 6 boys first, and finally she came along. I have been with her a grand total of 2 months throughout her long 18 month life... sometimes the army sucks
    Brother my heart aches for you. I know it must be so hard. Daddy's little girl is going to be waiting for you. I hope you at least get to see some videos and what not of her on occasion. Once again Bro, thanks for the sacrifices you make every day. You are and will remain in my prayers for a safe return home.

Well it was a bit of a burden at one time, my traps used to get too big and it would take away from my width. I've had to work very hard to widen out. I have a lot of issues and it has taken me years to iron them out. We all have strength and weaknesses.
    But now he is a stud with big round delts from building all that width, and traps that are naturally like nobody's business. Did you see he put on 8 lbs so far on what was supposed to be a recomp. DW is a BEAST!!!!!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Man, always a wealth of info whenever I check in here. Log and your results look great man!! I knew you'd kill it!!
    Weev! Thanks my man nice to know you popped in again. YOur numbers in your log are pretty awsome.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Brother my heart aches for you. I know it must be so hard. Daddy's little girl is going to be waiting for you. I hope you at least get to see some videos and what not of her on occasion. Once again Bro, thanks for the sacrifices you make every day. You are and will remain in my prayers for a safe return home.

But now he is a stud with big round delts from building all that width, and traps that are naturally like nobody's business. Did you see he put on 8 lbs so far on what was supposed to be a recomp. DW is a BEAST!!!!!
    thanks for the prayers bro! just a few more months and this will all be behind me... until they call me back yet again...

I do agree with DW though... the guy is A BEAST!!!! I'm thinking real hard on that stack he is running... like the Prime dosing on there. I'm a big guy and think that might be what I need. Come on February!!!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Day 15- SWOLE is not just a look but a feeling...

Man I feel amazing today. I am HUGE by my standards right now. Very impressed with my composistion considering I have put on almost 5 lbs since my 1st official weigh in. If I have gained fat it is not as much as the LBM I have gained. Abs still look good and I weighed in at a fasted 196 3/4 this morning at the gym. Shoulders ook round and full, chest is sitting high and looks huge.

The shirt I was wearing yesterday fit me much tighter in the chest shoulders and arms while being loose from just under my chest all the way down. I looked like a battleship, big powerfull and not to be messed with.

Today was an upper body day. I saved legs for tomorrow when I intend to hit them with some power moves. I did some barbell work, it felt really good but will be atleast a week before I do it again. I have to be careful with the tendons even though the SWOLE stack has me wanting to just push and get buck wild nonstop I have to keep my eye on the fact I am not healed yet just not feeling the pain as much due to the shot. Bench felt kind of weird and awkward it had been so long since I have hit it with olympic bar.

Barbell Flat Bench, 135x15 225x10, 235x10>185x8>135x10
    Barbell Dorian Rows 135x15, 225x10, 235x10>185x10>135x8
    Standing behind neck Military press - 105x15, 145x10, 145x8>push pressx5>95x6>45x10
    DB Front raise- 40x5, 35x6, 35x6
    DB Lateral Raise 35x5, 30x6, 30x6
    Rear Lateral- 25x10, 20x10
    ReaR delt machine - 140x10, 140x10
    Ab crunches 50x2 sets
    Leg lifts /scissors 30 seconds

Hip Adductor and Abductor stretches 2 30 second stretches for both stretches.

My shoulders are definitely responding to me hammering them 3 times a week. I can see the caps filling up and becoming more and more rounded out.

On another good note, I was able to do the Dorian rows without any hand pain so my dead lifts are ON for tomorrow. I think I will be able to hit 425 tomorrow if I do it all right and don't do too many reps on the moderate weights. If I have it in me I will hit some barbell hack squats to finish off my legs. Although I doubt I will have the grip for that but I will kill my legs either way tomorrow.

To reiterate the changes so far, 192 lowest official weigh in, and 196.75 this week. I do not see any extra fat but am not going to caliper myself I dont want to get in my own head worrying about that too much on this lean bulk. I may cut my cals down to 2500-2800 for the first 4 days of next week but I am not sure yet. Right now I have not begun to accumulate fat so no need to back off cals too much. I know how to cut weight without losing muscle now so that isn't an issue for me. It is allowing myself to gain weight that is in my head since I once was a heavy lad.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Wow man, great workout and update. Rowing some serious weight there my man!!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

nice #s man! benchin some big weights!
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

nice update man. You are having awesome results!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Considering I was running Anabolic Pump before with the TestoPro I was already getting great pumps and this has not stopped moving over to the Glycobol which I already expected would be the case because I understand the science behing the ingredient profile in Glycobol and really like it as well. If I had not added in the Stoked at the same time I could tell you a little more about what the addition of the Glycobol with it having Na-R-ALA. I know it does increase the Androgen side of things because it offers a synergy by sensitizing the androgen receptors to the levels of test as well as working as a nutrient partitioner. However the addition of both Glycobol and Stoked when looked at in a blanket view can be described as intense. The basically took what TestoPro was doing for me and muliplied it. The effect was felt in just 2-3 days, and has increased from there...
    Just doing some catching up today and came across this post. I just liked what you had to say here.

Thanks for all of your effort in this log up to this point!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Thanks ... that's what I am going for...

Seriously things are going well and I am very excited about my progress on this run. I feel like I have unveiled some new things about Prime use and mass gain, things I have been suspecting were true are in fact true.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

thanks for the prayers bro! just a few more months and this will all be behind me... until they call me back yet again...

I do agree with DW though... the guy is A BEAST!!!! I'm thinking real hard on that stack he is running... like the Prime dosing on there. I'm a big guy and think that might be what I need. Come on February!!!
    Thanks to you as well. My prayers to you and yours as well.

Yah Prime is a tremendous recomp product and very versatile. Mega dosed makes your hungry but the recomp effect keeps things in check.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Thanks to you as well. My prayers to you and yours as well.

Yah Prime is a tremendous recomp product and very versatile. Mega dosed makes your hungry but the recomp effect keeps things in check.
    yeah looking forward to it big time. Taking Mass FX now and have mixed reviews on it. Personally I think Animal's equivalent is better, not as many odd sides. Mass FX is putting weight on like a mad man, but of the 12lbs, I believe that the majority is fat. It sucks. went from 10% up to 14% since being deployed (I think the horrible food we have out here helps that) Strength gains have gone up well, was pressing my last set for 335 on the flat bench yesterday.
    Here is the question for both you and Kleen, can the Asteroid stack help me continue the strength gains and mass as well as knock me back under 10% or should I go on a lean phase first???
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

yeah looking forward to it big time. Taking Mass FX now and have mixed reviews on it. Personally I think Animal's equivalent is better, not as many odd sides. Mass FX is putting weight on like a mad man, but of the 12lbs, I believe that the majority is fat. It sucks. went from 10% up to 14% since being deployed (I think the horrible food we have out here helps that) Strength gains have gone up well, was pressing my last set for 335 on the flat bench yesterday.
    Here is the question for both you and Kleen, can the Asteroid stack help me continue the strength gains and mass as well as knock me back under 10% or should I go on a lean phase first???
    That's what it does best recomp!! This stack is so versatile it's crazy! Recomp is always slower but it's a great ride!! I mean strength going up while you get leaner, why would anybody want to do anything else. I guarantee if you are a Prime responder your going to fall in love with recomp!!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

That's what it does best recomp!! This stack is so versatile it's crazy! Recomp is always slower but it's a great ride!! I mean strength going up while you get leaner, why would anybody want to do anything else. I guarantee if you are a Prime responder your going to fall in love with recomp!!
    I have to agree with DW. I will be starting another Asteroid Stack when I finish this and just keep the mass train rolling. Borobulker is recomping in his thread on it and steadily gaining strength. I recomped on my last cycle and came out heavier and leaner.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Day 16 - The PR is right!

I hit the gym fasted training this morning. Walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes and then worked some chest and triceps with my friend before doing my deadlifts.

Hammer Strength Flat Bench - 2p x15, 3p x10,3p+25 x10, 4p x6 last one was about a 20 second negative, I just fought it as long as I could.
    Cable crossover from bottom to top for upper pec. 45x10 3 sets
    Smith Incline Wide grip to collar bone 2p x15 x2 sets
    Hammer Strength Dip machine 6 plates x10 3 sets, last one was brutal

Dead Lifts
    225x10, 315x3, 365x3, 365x3, 365x3, 405x3 PR!
    I had my buddy there who was a power lifter for a long time helping me with them. We stayed at the 365 marker while he tweaked my form. When I pulled the 405 it was so much easier than the last time, I just kept going. Ater number two, I knew I had 3. The third was hard enough I knew the next one would not be a good idea without a belt.

I wanted to burn the legs down a bit more so I did some high reps on single leg leg presses and stiff legged deads

Single Leg press 225x15 done knee sunk into chest as deep as possible, and leg lower on sled so I had a huge range of motion. What a pump, then straight to 225 on stiff legg deads for 15 reps. Oh YEAH That was FUN after deads!
    Donkey Calf Raises 5 second negatives 10 second stretch every rep 300 lbs x10, 400x10

Donesky! I looked like Bill Goldberg I was so swole up and traps were just popping from the deads. The muscle density is increasing with the heavier training.

As far as The SWOLE stack, it is treating me rather well, I can't say all of my weight gain on this has been muscle but a good 3 maybe 4 lbs of it. I have also increased my calories and had a little more carbs so not in as much of a deficit but still this is pretty impressive so far considering this is the 16th day I am happy with the results and think I have definitely put on more muscle than I would have just by increasing my calories by what I have and accredit that t the stack for sure. If gains continue like this next week I will finish out the week at 200 with only 2-3 of that 8 lbs being fat. That will be impressive and I will still have another week left on the stack.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

grats on the PR, Kleen!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitron3000 View Post
    grats on the PR, Kleen!
    Thanks Orbit! My buddy was telling me that as strong as my lower back is once I perfect my form a 495x3 pull isn't too far off. I like the sound of that. On another note my chest was pretty sore a couple hours after the gym and it is feeling pretty good right now. I would say recovery is up. My strategy now is still hyper caloric but is basically is eating heavier on training days and a little lighter on non training days. I wanna see what I can put on cleanly throughout the rest of this.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  242 lbs.

Nice numbers man! Sorry i got in here late.....but i've just been catching up on logs in the last couple of days. Hell, i haven't even updated my own log this week.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Allergic Reaction
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
  2. Restore allergic reaction.
    By rysigpi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
  3. possible allergic reaction
    By dcpsc011 in forum Cycle Info