Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
So I am too busy with school to get weight lifting going and working my physical muscle, so I chose to work a more important muscle with supplementation... My Brain.

I've got a few different kind of Nootropics I will be using in different combinations/doses with hope to find something that really works for me. This is not a daily log, but I will try to update whenever I use something different, etc. I haven't really decided how i'm going to update this.

I will take suggestions as long as they are SAFE and not overboard on what has worked for you, or combinations you have heard to work good.

Nootropics I have on hand:
  • IBE X-force
  • SNS Focus XT
  • Bulk Nutrition Ginkgo Biloba
  • Bulk Nutrition Choline Citrate
  • Nutraplanet Pea/hordenine
  • Nutraplanet Piracetam
  • Thermogum
I also have caffeine tabs, but I am throwing them out. I strongly dislike caffeine and geranium. I'm not doing this log to find an effective energy supplement, but to find something that potentially truly enhances my memory and brain capacity.

BTW I should list I am currently a Deans List honor student and I am doing all this to hopefully maintain that stature with my increased course load.

My daily supplements:
Juice Plus Orchard Blend (2 capsules per day)
Juice Plus Garden Blend (2 capsules per day)
Omega-3 Fishoil (3 per day)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Update 1:

IBE X-force

X-Force™ is a revolutionary new energy supplement that brings you cutting edge ingredients that IBE has combined to work synergistically to bring you the most potent energy supplement available. X-Force™ is no ordinary weight loss/energy supplement and should not be taken for granted. X-Force™ outperforms all other energy supplements because IBE has chosen to move away from your every day, run-of-the-mill energy supplements that seem to follow each others lead and provide massive amounts of caffeine and little innovation. Instead we chose to move into the future and bring you a supplement that pushes past these boundaries and introduces new ingredients and combinations that will accelerate fat loss, increase stamina, increase energy, stimulate libido, and bring you a mental focus that is above and beyond what any other supplement can bring you.

X-Force™ Proprietary Matrix:

Caffeine
Methylhexaneamine (1, 3-dimethylpentylamine)
Sulbutiamine

My Notes
Dosing was 2 capsules (the recommended dosage). I know I said I was not looking for an energy supplement, but I have this so I will use it. Thus far I have not noticed anything from it, but It was only taken about 30 minutes ago.

-Alright so its about 55 minutes after dosing and I am starting to get the jitters albeit light ones. As far as focus is concerned, it is more of a distraction to me, almost as bad as anabolicminds when I am trying to study! Haha.

-Final conclusions of Xforce: This product is not for me. It seemed to take an hour to kick in and then lasted quite awhile. It made me too restless, to the point where I didn't get a complete hour of sleep. I know some enjoy these energy products, however I have learned I am not one of them. As far as memory aid, etc... It did not help because I couldn't focus enough to study.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as experience with sulbutiamine, I have none outside of this product. A few uses on a quick wiki search say that it is effective as a treatment for chronic fatigue, sulbutiamine also appears to improve memory and erectile dysfunction. Obviously, after 1 use memory is not going to instantly be better, but that is the part of this product that interest me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my dumbass needs to follow this real close, maybe there's hope for me yet. looking forward to how you experiment with doses tex, this should be real interesting.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
my dumbass needs to follow this real close, maybe there's hope for me yet. looking forward to how you experiment with doses tex, this should be real interesting.
Yeah, I'm going to be very careful though. I get scared messing with all this stuff too much. Mixing and matching is not always a smart thing, so I will be doing research before doing any of that as well as researching dosages. I hope to keep my updates similar to the X-force one I have above. List what combination I am using, state alittle summary about it, list my dosage and notes. I think I may have to use the bulk powder for a week straight though to get accurate notes, not just switch back and forth. I haven't ever used anything like these minus the PEA/hordenine which I used to take a 900mg (3 caps) to study and before exams last year. Sometimes I noticed effects, other times I noticed nothing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm going to be very careful though. I get scared messing with all this stuff too much. Mixing and matching is not always a smart thing, so I will be doing research before doing any of that as well as researching dosages. I hope to keep my updates similar to the X-force one I have above. List what combination I am using, state alittle summary about it, list my dosage and notes. I think I may have to use the bulk powder for a week straight though to get accurate notes, not just switch back and forth. I haven't ever used anything like these minus the PEA/hordenine which I used to take a 900mg (3 caps) to study and before exams last year. Sometimes I noticed effects, other times I noticed nothing.
nice, i will sit back and let you do the heavy lifting. i think you are taking a very practical approach, you will do a much better job of accessing what works than i would. keep us up to date.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think no tropics are very over looked in this society.

why wouldnt a person use this stuff is my question if they have the resources to?

I have experienced with pea/ hordenine and every time my body does not respond well. I feel very strange/ slow like my brian was different than normal. it could have been low carb and pea/hord mixed

pea alone is fine the pea/hord combo is what seemed to make me react bad. That is just me though it may work for you

I like to do the ones I have not done individually to know the effects than after i have done two than stack them.

I think the only thing I stacked a while back was something dsade had out two -three years ago and it was low dosed everything.

I did a sulbutamine log when it first came out . I think it helped me learn a skill i was learning at the time better.

also done a geranium log when it first came out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think no tropics are very over looked in this society.

why wouldnt a person use this stuff is my question if they have the resources to?

I have experienced with pea/ hordenine and every time my body does not respond well. I feel very strange/ slow like my brian was different than normal. it could have been low carb and pea/hord mixed

pea alone is fine the pea/hord combo is what seemed to make me react bad. That is just me though it may work for you

I like to do the ones I have not done individually to know the effects than after i have done two than stack them.

I think the only thing I stacked a while back was something dsade had out two -three years ago and it was low dosed everything.

I did a sulbutamine log when it first came out . I think it helped me learn a skill i was learning at the time better.

also done a geranium log when it first came out
smeton, have you ever tried any of the 'tams'? adding a tam to the alcar and other ingredients in focus xt seems to have done wonders for many. this was very popular a year or 2 back. since the return of focus xt many of the old timers are praising it again. gaba seems like it would work well in this stack also.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
smeton, have you ever tried any of the 'tams'? adding a tam to the alcar and other ingredients in focus xt seems to have done wonders for many. this was very popular a year or 2 back. since the return of focus xt many of the old timers are praising it again. gaba seems like it would work well in this stack also.
Piractem

I have done alcar for two years strait. again i used to be more into no tropics.

Might get back into them more.

done gaba for two years, phenibuts nice.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took a dose of FocusXT and 1 X-force the other day and it had me very alert and not jittery at all. It was a nice combo!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Piractem

I have done alcar for two years strait. again i used to be more into no tropics.

Might get back into them more.

done gaba for two years, phenibuts nice.
have you tried focus xt? nice base to start with.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you have pea and hordenine in separate caps, try taking the hordenine about 30-40 minutes before the PEA. works better that way

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I like bacopa for focus & relaxation. There have been some studies showing it has/may have positive effects on memory (as well as thyroid benefits). I usually take with a stim in the morning, but alone & at a higher dose before bed. I also have been using ALCAR and Choline Bitartrate for a while now and like them both (though the choline makes for some wonderful fish breath).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like bacopa for focus & relaxation. There have been some studies showing it has/may have positive effects on memory (as well as thyroid benefits). I usually take with a stim in the morning, but alone & at a higher dose before bed. I also have been using ALCAR and Choline Bitartrate for a while now and like them both (though the choline makes for some wonderful fish breath).
good post. :cheers: bacopa seems worthy of a trial run, how did you dose?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
good post. :cheers: bacopa seems worthy of a trial run, how did you dose?
Its thought to do it by increasing anxiety. So just get norephinephrine flowing.

Piracetam needs to be titrated carefully against choline. Also be careful if you suddenly feel 'down', thats the choline. If you persistently feel 'down' discontinue the choline/piracetam, its not worth it. Normally I'd use 2-3g piracetam to 250g choline, although I use CDP choline (citicoline), expensive however. Might need more choline citrate. What I do is use piracetam in excess and use the minimal amount of choline to get it firing.

It is said ALCAR is a potent nootropic, but needs to be taken at insane dosage, like 2-3g. I take ALCAR really for "neuro-protective" stuff, whatever that means.

Good luck... sub

Oh of the stuff you've got if you get the piracetam/choline dosage right it can really kick. Particularly if you're all fired up in any case - then its a bomb.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah Ginko works well. For me it loses its kick pretty quickly, it thats you I guess its better use it when needed. I just use it - need to rethink that.

Oh and if you're taking suggestions .. route 1 is to get piracetam/choline working (you'll know when it works). 2. Is to boost it with a stim. 3. Check out Ginkgo - you'll within the hour if you're a responder and you've not taken it, if you find you've tolerance then use as needed.

Piracetam/choline doesn't develop tolerance. Other stuff does. Use adaptogens as the exit strategy from heavy stim use, i.e. you can go hard on this stuff safely providing you know the adrenal fatigue exit route, using ResetAD along with a careful diet, chromium and tyrosine. Tolerance against Ginkgo doesn't matter.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its thought to do it by increasing anxiety. So just get norephinephrine flowing.

Piracetam needs to be titrated carefully against choline. Also be careful if you suddenly feel 'down', thats the choline. If you persistently feel 'down' discontinue the choline/piracetam, its not worth it. Normally I'd use 2-3g piracetam to 250g choline, although I use CDP choline (citicoline), expensive however. Might need more choline citrate. What I do is use piracetam in excess and use the minimal amount of choline to get it firing.

It is said ALCAR is a potent nootropic, but needs to be taken at insane dosage, like 2-3g. I take ALCAR really for "neuro-protective" stuff, whatever that means.

Good luck... sub

Oh of the stuff you've got if you get the piracetam/choline dosage right it can really kick. Particularly if you're all fired up in any case - then its a bomb.
the focus xt has both choline and alcar. the alcar is a hefty dose included in the focus xt. so he should be covered. like i said the focus xt makes a nice base.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay its also got interlectol in it*. That stuff can work, can not as well. Doesn't have a good profile in nootropics. Not clear quite why. I get almost instant tolerance to it. Works like Ginkgo.

Choline by itself doesn't do too much, its combining with piracetam that makes the bang.

Foxus XT has stims in as well. I prefer each separate that way you can fine tune. Just my opinion. Focus is cheap for what it is.

* the other name is vi... I forget! Obviously memory nootropics ain't something I'm big on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Okay its also got interlectol in it*. That stuff can work, can not as well. Doesn't have a good profile in nootropics. Not clear quite why. I get almost instant tolerance to it. Works like Ginkgo.

Choline by itself doesn't do too much, its combining with piracetam that makes the bang.

Foxus XT has stims in as well. I prefer each separate that way you can fine tune. Just my opinion. Focus is cheap for what it is.

* the other name is vi... I forget! Obviously memory nootropics ain't something I'm big on.
haha, that's funny stuff there, bro. :cheers:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so you would suggest starting with the choline/pircetam? then adding in ginkgo gradually? BTW everything should arrive wednesday or thursday I believe.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
update posted on the x-force post (final thoughts and experiences added). I am dead today. Zero hours of sleep 2 nights ago, and 4 hours of sleep last night. I just had an 8am exam and am taking a 1-2 hour nap, then studying till my next exam at 7pm.

wish me luck!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck bubba!! I had the FocusXT/1 tab X-Force the other day and was noticeably a lot more alert and focused. I am going to try 2 tabs of X-Force with it soon to see if it will be too much or not. One other note: I did 2 doses of FocusXT in one day(about 6-8 hours apart) and it gave me the squirts the next day. I have read that too much Huperzine A can cause this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good luck bubba!! I had the FocusXT/1 tab X-Force the other day and was noticeably a lot more alert and focused. I am going to try 2 tabs of X-Force with it soon to see if it will be too much or not. One other note: I did 2 doses of FocusXT in one day(about 6-8 hours apart) and it gave me the squirts the next day. I have read that too much Huperzine A can cause this.
when i dose twice within 4-6 hours apart i get that too. btw good luck, tex.:cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like ~250-500mg morning and ~500-1000mg night (20% bacosides).
isn't bacopa also used as a nutrient partitioner? you take it at night on an empty?

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
isn't bacopa also used as a nutrient partitioner? you take it at night on an empty?
I don't know about that, but yes I take it at night on an empty stomach & I haven't noticed any hypo symptoms (I also eat < 30 g carbs during the week).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know about that, but yes I take it at night on an empty stomach & I haven't noticed any hypo symptoms (I also eat < 30 g carbs during the week).
the hypo symptoms was were i was going, good info.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
update posted on the x-force post (final thoughts and experiences added). I am dead today. Zero hours of sleep 2 nights ago, and 4 hours of sleep last night. I just had an 8am exam and am taking a 1-2 hour nap, then studying till my next exam at 7pm.

wish me luck!
Oh wait.... if your experimenting with nootropics against an exam... I'd just use strong stims and ginkgo biloba. Tolerance is out of the window at this point you want delivary. That stuff will deliver without experimenting.

Choline is risky because you might have an adverse reaction to it (it can cause depression in some people). FocusXT I dunno but its got choline in it but that may be ok.

If you are incredibly anxious then phenibut and quit stims. Gingko will help throughout your exams and for revision. If you find Gingko is losing its effect then FocusXT has got vinop.. whatever (the stuff I can't remember). It does the same thing, but the risk you take is choline. Choline alone doesn't do much its particularly when you start using piracetam that it can go wrong. The vincepoline (I might have remembered it!) will help once Gingko tolerance is hit (if indeed that happens with you). Vincopoline (trying a different spelling) will probably hit tolerance but will be useful if Gingko loses its bite. The first use of either of these is amazing.

I was thinking this was a long term experiment. So for now I'd avoid using piracetam if you're in the middle of exams. Find out the choline/piracetam balance when it doesn't matter if it goes wrong. When you get this right the mental effect is great. Basically it speeds up the rate you can think at and makes things much clearer. Some claim it helps with sleep - I am not sure about that, bit risky.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Is ginkgo biloba really that effective? I been taking a supplement of it, capsule form, for a few months now and have yet to see any improvements, seemed like if I didn't take it with a "placebo mindset" it would just go through me without any effect.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay ... works for a lot of people. One of the few herbs that is precribed for dementia - thats true.

For me its the first time I take it, it has max. effect. Causes vasoconstriction. The world memory champion uses it before a record attempt. ... Evidence enough? Also check the supplier and the amount used. Again the effect wears off quickly with constant use.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
man this is crap... I just checked my nutra tracking order and it shipped the 19th and isnt due here till the 27th now... that is rediculous time wise.... I have never had the speeding shipping everyone talks about, but I have never had 8 days to arrive... wtf

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I live in AZ and my shipments take a while as well.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Dunno. A heap of ALCAR (3g) has a big following in nootropics. Never tried it like that. I take 0.75g per day but I've not noticed much.

I know I respond to Gingko after a long wash out period.

Oh wait... I missed your point. I suppose ALCAR but I'm not sure. Piracetam and ALCAR I don't think behave synergistically.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE 2

SNS FOCUS XT

Focus XT’s state-of-the-art cutting edge formulation combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to provide users with a myriad of uses, including a variety of benefits in pertaining to improved mental focus and concentration, anti-stress, and performance enhancement.

Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout or athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose job requires optimal mental performance, or others who feel they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is reportedly being used for.

Ingredient Profile

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop
Servings per Container: 20
Amount per Serving
Focus XT Blend 9800mg
Choline Bitartrate
L-Tyrosine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
DMAE
Vinpocetine
Huperzine A
Caffeine 200mg

Other Ingredients:
Natural flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40.

My Notes

-Taste: The taste is not bad at all. By far one of the best powdered-liquid tastes on the market. A bit sour, but oh well.

-Effects: No jittery stim effect, this I am really pleased with. It makes me feel light headed... kind of weird. This may just because I currently have a sinus infection/head aches blahblahblah. Product so far is nice. I have been using it to study today and so far am pleased with the ability to focus. As far as memory enhancment, I haven't had a way to test that yet.

This product has a few ingredients I am interested in, so I am expecting this can kind of give me an idea of what to expect from a few of my bulk powders.

First dosing, I used 1 scoop and I am pleased!

None of my other bulk products have come in yet, so I will be using this till they do.

EDIT: This stuff tore up my stomach, now. Good thing I am studying at home! I wonder if this will continue, or if it was just because this is my bodies first time experiencing some of these ingredients?

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting thread man, i suffer problems focusing, ADD, so i take a prescribed drug, vyvance i wish i didn't need to use such a drug to do well in school. But i think for me it's worth it since, my grades last year were c's and b's and this year a's and b's, i actually stay on task.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
UPDATE 2

SNS FOCUS XT

Focus XT’s state-of-the-art cutting edge formulation combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to provide users with a myriad of uses, including a variety of benefits in pertaining to improved mental focus and concentration, anti-stress, and performance enhancement.

Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout or athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose job requires optimal mental performance, or others who feel they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is reportedly being used for.

Ingredient Profile

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop
Servings per Container: 20
Amount per Serving
Focus XT Blend 9800mg
Choline Bitartrate
L-Tyrosine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
DMAE
Vinpocetine
Huperzine A
Caffeine 200mg

Other Ingredients:
Natural flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40.

My Notes

-Taste: The taste is not bad at all. By far one of the best powdered-liquid tastes on the market. A bit sour, but oh well.

-Effects: No jittery stim effect, this I am really pleased with. It makes me feel light headed... kind of weird. This may just because I currently have a sinus infection/head aches blahblahblah. Product so far is nice. I have been using it to study today and so far am pleased with the ability to focus. As far as memory enhancment, I haven't had a way to test that yet.

This product has a few ingredients I am interested in, so I am expecting this can kind of give me an idea of what to expect from a few of my bulk powders.

First dosing, I used 1 scoop and I am pleased!

None of my other bulk products have come in yet, so I will be using this till they do.

EDIT: This stuff tore up my stomach, now. Good thing I am studying at home! I wonder if this will continue, or if it was just because this is my bodies first time experiencing some of these ingredients?
it's the high dosed alcar, if you aren't used to taking it, it will take some adjustment. well worth it though, i am a big fan of focus xt, even moreso when one of the 'tams' is added.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
it's the high dosed alcar, if you aren't used to taking it, it will take some adjustment. well worth it though, i am a big fan of focus xt, even moreso when one of the 'tams' is added.
so the alcar is causing the upset stomach? Hopefully my body becomes accustomed to it. I guess I will just stay at home while using the focus XT for awhile till my body has the chance to adapt to it, however I won't be using it daily.

Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so the alcar is causing the upset stomach? Hopefully my body becomes accustomed to it. I guess I will just stay at home while using the focus XT for awhile till my body has the chance to adapt to it, however I won't be using it daily.

Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in. :cheers:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in. :cheers:
those are 2 symptoms I noted. Lightheadedness and bowel movements

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
those are 2 symptoms I noted. Lightheadedness and bowel movements
they went away pretty fast, if they are causing a lot of distress just half dose until you get used to it. i really enjoy focus xt, it did take some getting used to though.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would get light headed taking alcar if I did not take some kind of choline source with it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
apparently he didn't bother to look at ingredients, lol.:saroll:
I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.
try that and see. i think we are among a small group who are sensitive to alcar, most seem to tolerate it pretty well. it works for me though, i seem to get results at lower doses than most.:cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i've gone as high as 5g of alcar a day
i have a buddy who swears by the stuff at 6gm a day in 3 divided doses, as a staple. if i were to dose that high i would be loopy.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i used to do 6 per day alcar sometimes when pulling a double shift. seemed to help

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.