Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    quinoa is an aztec grain it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

    http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/c...-pasta/10352/2

    pronounced keenwa in case you go into a store and ask for it.
    glad you said how to pronounce it, i would never have gotten that right.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    glad you said how to pronounce it, i would never have gotten that right.
    I got it wrong at first too but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely
    •   
       


  3. alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
    1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I got it wrong at first too but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely
    don't you hate that, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  5. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
    1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.
    man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    don't you hate that, lol.
    not when its the chicks, cause some of them are hot


    Another idea to save on food $ is to go to walmart and buy the 5lb tube of the 70/30 beef, brown the whole thing at once and throw it into a colander, then boil some water and pour it over. you end up with about 4lbs of the equivalent of 93/7 or 96/4 beef, but for under $10, instead of $4/lb like that stuff normally is

  7. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.
    its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.
    alright smart asss, i give you a compliment and you punk me, lol. i am going to give it a try. the coconut oil was a good idea- i am sure you didn't invent that either, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  9. yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage
    i was on jury duty with a guy who worked in a butcher shop. we were talking, and he told me that the steak they have marked down is not only ok, but it actually tastes better. wouldn't want to keep it very long, but we get some great deals on steak that is a little brown-no one has died and it tastes just as good or better than full price. i buy it, take it home and throw it on the grill.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  11. I second the quinoa.......great stuff. I like it better than brown rice.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I second the quinoa.......great stuff. I like it better than brown rice.
    sold, i will be trying it. better get you some tex.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  13. yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.
    hahaha, that sucks.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  15. I love it when you have it cooked half way and then it runs out of gas...
    Quinoa is a different taste. It is almost like seed pods or something. Great stuff!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  16. Woo big updates! My Choline, Ginkgo biloba, and Piracetam all arrived today! I was really hoping to get them so i could USE them for today, but oh well. My exam went terrible.

    The piracetam is the new nutraplanet black series and it is extremely nice looking! I gott 700 grams to it is going to last me a long long time! The powder is kind of clumpy though.

    The ginkgo biloba is an extremely fine powder with a strong taste similar to tea

    and My choline is only 100 grams, so it won't last very long.

    Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  17. UPDATE 3

    Ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo biloba’s ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

    Dosing
    1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

    Notes
    I parachuted 60mg and chased with water. It took about 15-30 minutes to feel effects and I felt a definite tunnel vision. As far as memory and stuff... no updates on those yet. I really would like to continue use of this everyday along side piracetam/choline.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  18. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    UPDATE 3

    Ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo bilobaís ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimerís disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

    Dosing
    1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

    Notes
    Will update later. I am going to study for about an hour and half then going to see paranormal activity.
    sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  19. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.
    I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  20. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.
    i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  21. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?
    I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe piracetam increases cholinergic activity, hence the need for more choline. So basically, piracetam makes your brain burn through more choline, so you should add in a choline supplement to add more.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    yes without it you'll get depleted.
    As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
    3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
    ~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

    I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.
    I am a finance major, but we have to take a few law classes

    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,



    As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
    3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
    ~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

    I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.
    60mg of Ginkgo biloba worked good for me. I had tunnel vision similar to rx drugs, but it may have been first time placebo.

    Is it ok to continue ginkgo biloba with the piracetam/choline?
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  23. Update 4
    Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
    Piracetam- 1500mg

    Notes
    I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

    I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Update 4
    Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
    Piracetam- 1500mg

    Notes
    I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

    I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.
    a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  25. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.
    is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  26. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.
    could be you have sensitivity to it. lower dose way down, and take with the choline. maybe you will have to separate ginkgo and the tam. you may be adding too many things at one time, give yourself adjustment time.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  27. Edit: ^What he said.

  28. Vinpocetine, brotato.

    I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Vinpocetine, brotato.

    I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.
    lucidrol-sounds like spawn of satan, lol. what can i say it's close to halloween.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  30. Lucidrol - from the Latin, 'roids of Satan.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Log in
Log in