Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?
    I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe piracetam increases cholinergic activity, hence the need for more choline. So basically, piracetam makes your brain burn through more choline, so you should add in a choline supplement to add more.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    yes without it you'll get depleted.
    As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
    3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
    ~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.
    I am a finance major, but we have to take a few law classes

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I think Choline should be taken along with Piracetam,

As for dosing, I think these seem fine, at least that is what I have been following,
    3 grams of Piracetam - twice a day, morning/night
    ~300mg of Choline - one dose in the morning

I am not too sure about the dosing of Ginkgo though, I think ~100mg should be fine.
    60mg of Ginkgo biloba worked good for me. I had tunnel vision similar to rx drugs, but it may have been first time placebo.

Is it ok to continue ginkgo biloba with the piracetam/choline?
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Update 4
    Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
    Piracetam- 1500mg

Notes
    I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Answers

Update 4
    Ginkgo Biloba- 60mg
    Piracetam- 1500mg

Notes
    I really like the way ginkgo makes me feel. It gives me a nice mental clarity and tunnel vision to study and stay focused with ZERO stim effect like adderall does. However, today was the first day I have tried piracetam and I used a low dose (1500mg), I did not like the way this made me feel at all. A nervous feeling came over me and I began to sweat a bit. Is this normal for the first time?

I really need to start capping this stuff. It all tastes terrible.
    a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

a capping kit is your best friend when dealing with bulk powders- yuck. make sure you have a bottle of listerine to get that rank taste out of your mouth.
    is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.
  6. Diamond Member
    Answers

is the nervous and sudden increased perspiration normal from piracetam? It was weird... definitely something I don't get from ginkgo. Ginkgo also gives me a noticeable effect within half hour, piracetam I got nothing besides the noted sides.
    could be you have sensitivity to it. lower dose way down, and take with the choline. maybe you will have to separate ginkgo and the tam. you may be adding too many things at one time, give yourself adjustment time.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Edit: ^What he said.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Vinpocetine, brotato.

I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.
  9. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Vinpocetine, brotato.

I'm supposed to log Lucidrol soon, I'll update here when I get it.
    lucidrol-sounds like spawn of satan, lol. what can i say it's close to halloween.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Lucidrol - from the Latin, 'roids of Satan.
  11. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Lucidrol - from the Latin, 'roids of Satan.
    haha, 'spirit' of the season,lol.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I've not been following the thread. Glad to see Gingko is doing its job. Lets hope you don't get tolerance.

Piracetam - it is supposed to be non-toxic but thats a bad reaction. It does vary whether it will work or not. Try altering the balance of choline against it - if nothing happens I'd quit it. It has very variable results some people do amazing on it, for others it does nothing and for others the sides are a bit dangerous. It ain't supposed to have any stim sides but can have a stim like effect on the brain - if you respond to it.

If the sides don't go away I'd quit it.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

choline is only 100 grams, so it won't last very long.
    Will last a long time. You take 1g per day max. Don't over do choline.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah I took piracetam and ginkgo very close together. I also didn't take any choline because choline and piracetam taste terrible just pouring in the mouth as I have been doing.
  15. Diamond Member
    Answers

Yeah I took piracetam and ginkgo very close together. I also didn't take any choline because choline and piracetam taste terrible just pouring in the mouth as I have been doing.
    bulk 1 carboxy tastes horrible, but mix up a small strong batch of crystal light and add it to it and it's much more tolerable. same might work for your bulks.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Update 5
    60mg Ginkgo Biloba

ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo by far is currently my favorite. I am planning to go and try to buy some caps today to cap the choline and piracetam so it is more pleasant to dose.
  17. Diamond Member
    Answers

Update 5
    60mg Ginkgo Biloba

ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo by far is currently my favorite. I am planning to go and try to buy some caps today to cap the choline and piracetam so it is more pleasant to dose.
    did you read the thread about gingko lowering prolactin? i remember you had issues with it from a certain product you ran.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

did you read the thread about gingko lowering prolactin? i remember you had issues with it from a certain product you ran.
    yup, my prolactin issues are long gone though. It was mass fx that did it to me a long time ago.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

subbed
  20. Diamond Member
    Answers

yup, my prolactin issues are long gone though. It was mass fx that did it to me a long time ago.
    anabolic extreme is a mess, lol. glad you got it taken care of.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Update 5
    60mg Ginkgo Biloba

ginkgo Biloba
    Look interesting I am always looking for study aides. So how does GB make you "feel" is it the combination of different things?

What would be an ultimate 4.0 stack lol
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  22. New Member
    Answers

Im subbing to this thread. Very very interesting!

Ive been wanting to get something together as I will be starting up classes again in Jan- mixed with work is tough. Looks like ginko will be added to my stack. What do people think about Tyrosine? I was thinking about stacking this will ALCAR...
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Look interesting I am always looking for study aides. So how does GB make you "feel" is it the combination of different things?

What would be an ultimate 4.0 stack lol
    Ginkgo I seem to build tolerance to at even 1 week straight use (60mg dose. 1 time per day). Thus, I am planning to start 4 days on, 2 days off and see how that works. Initially my reponse go Ginkgo Biloba was great. My mind a very nice clarity (not this stim clarity crap that everyone talks about), but I felt like I had nothing in my head and through process was much smoother! If that makes sense...to you?

My next experiment is to try Gingo Biloba in combination with Focus XT. I still have not gotten around to getting caps for the piracetam and choline yet, they are starting to stink up my bathroom in these bulk containers!

Quote Originally Posted by afboy143 View Post
    Im subbing to this thread. Very very interesting!

Ive been wanting to get something together as I will be starting up classes again in Jan- mixed with work is tough. Looks like ginko will be added to my stack. What do people think about Tyrosine? I was thinking about stacking this will ALCAR...
    Hey! Thanks for joining in, I am trying to give true honest opinions of what I am noting. Yes, I am pleased with ginkgo biloba thus far, but the tolerance is wicked fast! I was definitely not expecting it to be this quick... perhaps bumping up the dose? From what I read the normal dose is 60-200mg so I should perhaps raise my dosing a bit.

As for Tyrosine solo, I have not used that so I can't give it's input. Perhaps after this Choline/piracetam stuff I will give the Tyrosine a try. The times I have used Choline/Piracetam I was not impressed...

Thus far my recomendations of solo products are at Ginkgo Biloba 60mg & 1 scoop Focus XT. My girlfriend also tried the focus XT and loves it now! She took 7 servings from my tub and it has become an adderall alternative to her...without the unpleasant "addiction". I plan to use these two in combination tomorrow to study and I will report back!

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    subbed
    Thanks for joining in! I am glad to see so many peoples input and interest in the subject of nootropics!

anabolic extreme is a mess, lol. glad you got it taken care of.
    Yes, I had no clue of it at the time and had heard it was a great product. It did nothing for me but put a hole in my wallet and give me puffy nipples, thankfully I got it discounted while I worked at Vitamin Shoppe. That was among my first supplements also, one of the only ones I've tried that did absolutely nothing for me.

For those of you interested, Focus XT gets some credit on my girlfriends part for an exam percentage score increase... a 58% to a 93%. She is not giving full credit to Focus XT, but in her opinion it definitely supplied a "supplemental" aspect enough for her to ask me for more.

I personally haven't had that kind of luck yet... but I am one who has to physically study a bit more, so I am expecting me results to be more subtle.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I used to pound the Focus XT back in the day. I remember it being pretty good for studying. I never got the big stim everyone used to talk about but def gave you more study wise focus. That speedy arity feeling isn't always the best for studying.

Picked up some ginko. Will give it a try tomorrow prob. Gonna grab se XT on my next order as well.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I really know what to look for when using aids but sometimes much more subtle for me than others. Even Adderall I tried back in the day didn't turn me into a super student like it does with others I know..... Not sure if it's my stim tolerance, the fact I can focus and study hard without it pretty easily maybe a bit of both.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

My experience with Ginko is the supermarket / street brands suck. They are cheap and are placebos. Ordered some from AIM, a multi level company. Very expensive but when I double dosed as I ofter do with supps my gums had a heart beat! Lol! That stuff wurks! Curious, anyone else have a potent brand and brands to avoid????
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I really know what to look for when using aids but sometimes much more subtle for me than others. Even Adderall I tried back in the day didn't turn me into a super student like it does with others I know..... Not sure if it's my stim tolerance, the fact I can focus and study hard without it pretty easily maybe a bit of both.
    I don't get a stim effect from focus xt, and yes everything is pretty subtle for me as well. I am the same way as you when it comes to adderall and studying without it.
  28. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    My experience with Ginko is the supermarket / street brands suck. They are cheap and are placebos. Ordered some from AIM, a multi level company. Very expensive but when I double dosed as I ofter do with supps my gums had a heart beat! Lol! That stuff wurks! Curious, anyone else have a potent brand and brands to avoid????
    hey lucky, i haven't checked if now brands has a gingko but they are usually very reliable and cheap.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

dosing 1/2 scoop focus XT and 60mg of Ginkgo Biloba right now, will report back later today.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

The Gingko at Costco is pretty good. Huge bottle of gel caps for cheap and it has vinpocetine in it as well.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I just realized I may have been taking the wrong amount of ginkgo biloba...

I am looking at my label and it says this :
    "Servings size 60mg
    servings per container:833
    1/4 teaspoon: 770mg
    Amount per serving: (60mg Ginkgo Biloba)"

I have been using 1/4 teaspoon to dose, so dose this mean I have actually been taking 770mg worth of ginkgo biloba?
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Update 6
    Focus XT: 1/2 scoop
    Ginkgo Biloba: 1/4 teaspoon 770mg (60mg ginkgo biloba)

Notes
    WOW! I seriously recommend everyone try this stack. My head feels king of light headed/buzzed... but I feel like I have the focus/tunnel vision of a race horse. Absolutely no jitters or anything negative. I was definitely not expecting it to be this potent of a focus enhancement and can't say enough about the combination...

give it a try!
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm not sure. If it isn't saying that 1/4 is the serving size you may very well be knocking out 770. Hard to tell without the label.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm not sure. If it isn't saying that 1/4 is the serving size you may very well be knocking out 770. Hard to tell without the label.
    I am curious about that.... the that is the label on my bulk bottle and it is really confusing to me... I would think I would be noticing some extreme stuff if i was knocking down 770mg of ginkgo...
  35. Diamond Member
    Answers

Update 6
    Focus XT: 1/2 scoop
    Ginkgo Biloba: 1/4 teaspoon 770mg (60mg ginkgo biloba)

Notes
    WOW! I seriously recommend everyone try this stack. My head feels king of light headed/buzzed... but I feel like I have the focus/tunnel vision of a race horse. Absolutely no jitters or anything negative. I was definitely not expecting it to be this potent of a focus enhancement and can't say enough about the combination...

give it a try!
    damn, tex you have sold me. weird how an obscure, relatively overlooked supplement has become so popular. ginkgo for the win.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

damn, tex you have sold me. weird how an obscure, relatively overlooked supplement has become so popular. ginkgo for the win.
    I do have to say though the feeling dies off about 15-20 minutes after dosing hardcore...but it is still noticeable there after. Now, for the rest of you 1 scoop would probably work better, I chose 1/2 scoop because I am sensitive to ALCAR and such.

As for piracetam and choline combo... I don't think I will even use them since I have found something I like. The times I tried piracetam I noticed nothing and I have heard it is a very hit or miss product.

Unfortunately I now have alittle under 700grams to get rid of...

EDIT: when I use to work at vitamin shoppe I always eyed the cognitive supplements and ginkgo biloba products, but I believed them to all be BS... I wish I had found it sooner. It works for me subtle, but the combination with focus XT is very please (note this is my 1st time using combination) so I only assume it will get better.
  37. Diamond Member
    Answers

live and learn bro. wait till you get my age, if only....lol.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

haha! Besides the bulk choline is stinking up my living area!
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like you might be using 770mg lol

BRB ordering F XT
  40. Diamond Member
    Answers

Sounds like you might be using 770mg lol