Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. man this is crap... I just checked my nutra tracking order and it shipped the 19th and isnt due here till the 27th now... that is rediculous time wise.... I have never had the speeding shipping everyone talks about, but I have never had 8 days to arrive... wtf
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0


  2. I live in AZ and my shipments take a while as well.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Evidence enough?
    I guess...

    What would be a better addition to piracetam? ALCAR or Ginkgo?

  4. Dunno. A heap of ALCAR (3g) has a big following in nootropics. Never tried it like that. I take 0.75g per day but I've not noticed much.

    I know I respond to Gingko after a long wash out period.

    Oh wait... I missed your point. I suppose ALCAR but I'm not sure. Piracetam and ALCAR I don't think behave synergistically.

  5. UPDATE 2

    SNS FOCUS XT

    Focus XT’s state-of-the-art cutting edge formulation combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to provide users with a myriad of uses, including a variety of benefits in pertaining to improved mental focus and concentration, anti-stress, and performance enhancement.

    Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout or athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose job requires optimal mental performance, or others who feel they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is reportedly being used for.

    Ingredient Profile

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 scoop
    Servings per Container: 20
    Amount per Serving
    Focus XT Blend 9800mg
    Choline Bitartrate
    L-Tyrosine
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine
    DMAE
    Vinpocetine
    Huperzine A
    Caffeine 200mg

    Other Ingredients:
    Natural flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40.

    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________

    My Notes

    -Taste: The taste is not bad at all. By far one of the best powdered-liquid tastes on the market. A bit sour, but oh well.

    -Effects: No jittery stim effect, this I am really pleased with. It makes me feel light headed... kind of weird. This may just because I currently have a sinus infection/head aches blahblahblah. Product so far is nice. I have been using it to study today and so far am pleased with the ability to focus. As far as memory enhancment, I haven't had a way to test that yet.

    This product has a few ingredients I am interested in, so I am expecting this can kind of give me an idea of what to expect from a few of my bulk powders.

    First dosing, I used 1 scoop and I am pleased!

    None of my other bulk products have come in yet, so I will be using this till they do.

    EDIT: This stuff tore up my stomach, now. Good thing I am studying at home! I wonder if this will continue, or if it was just because this is my bodies first time experiencing some of these ingredients?
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  6. This is an interesting thread man, i suffer problems focusing, ADD, so i take a prescribed drug, vyvance i wish i didn't need to use such a drug to do well in school. But i think for me it's worth it since, my grades last year were c's and b's and this year a's and b's, i actually stay on task.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    UPDATE 2

    SNS FOCUS XT

    Focus XTís state-of-the-art cutting edge formulation combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to provide users with a myriad of uses, including a variety of benefits in pertaining to improved mental focus and concentration, anti-stress, and performance enhancement.

    Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout or athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose job requires optimal mental performance, or others who feel they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is reportedly being used for.

    Ingredient Profile

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 scoop
    Servings per Container: 20
    Amount per Serving
    Focus XT Blend 9800mg
    Choline Bitartrate
    L-Tyrosine
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine
    DMAE
    Vinpocetine
    Huperzine A
    Caffeine 200mg

    Other Ingredients:
    Natural flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40.

    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________

    My Notes

    -Taste: The taste is not bad at all. By far one of the best powdered-liquid tastes on the market. A bit sour, but oh well.

    -Effects: No jittery stim effect, this I am really pleased with. It makes me feel light headed... kind of weird. This may just because I currently have a sinus infection/head aches blahblahblah. Product so far is nice. I have been using it to study today and so far am pleased with the ability to focus. As far as memory enhancment, I haven't had a way to test that yet.

    This product has a few ingredients I am interested in, so I am expecting this can kind of give me an idea of what to expect from a few of my bulk powders.

    First dosing, I used 1 scoop and I am pleased!

    None of my other bulk products have come in yet, so I will be using this till they do.

    EDIT: This stuff tore up my stomach, now. Good thing I am studying at home! I wonder if this will continue, or if it was just because this is my bodies first time experiencing some of these ingredients?
    it's the high dosed alcar, if you aren't used to taking it, it will take some adjustment. well worth it though, i am a big fan of focus xt, even moreso when one of the 'tams' is added.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  8. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    it's the high dosed alcar, if you aren't used to taking it, it will take some adjustment. well worth it though, i am a big fan of focus xt, even moreso when one of the 'tams' is added.
    so the alcar is causing the upset stomach? Hopefully my body becomes accustomed to it. I guess I will just stay at home while using the focus XT for awhile till my body has the chance to adapt to it, however I won't be using it daily.

    Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    so the alcar is causing the upset stomach? Hopefully my body becomes accustomed to it. I guess I will just stay at home while using the focus XT for awhile till my body has the chance to adapt to it, however I won't be using it daily.

    Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
    cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  10. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in.
    those are 2 symptoms I noted. Lightheadedness and bowel movements
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    those are 2 symptoms I noted. Lightheadedness and bowel movements
    they went away pretty fast, if they are causing a lot of distress just half dose until you get used to it. i really enjoy focus xt, it did take some getting used to though.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  12. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in.
    I would get light headed taking alcar if I did not take some kind of choline source with it.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  13. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I would get light headed taking alcar if I did not take some kind of choline source with it.
    well focus xt has the alcar, but it also has choline
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    well focus xt has the alcar, but it also has choline
    apparently he didn't bother to look at ingredients, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    apparently he didn't bother to look at ingredients, lol.
    I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

    Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

    Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.
    try that and see. i think we are among a small group who are sensitive to alcar, most seem to tolerate it pretty well. it works for me though, i seem to get results at lower doses than most.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  17. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    i've gone as high as 5g of alcar a day
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i've gone as high as 5g of alcar a day
    i have a buddy who swears by the stuff at 6gm a day in 3 divided doses, as a staple. if i were to dose that high i would be loopy.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  19. i used to do 6 per day alcar sometimes when pulling a double shift. seemed to help
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  20. just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

    I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

    I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

    I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  21. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

    I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

    I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

    I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.
    what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  22. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.
    yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
    get a bunch of tuna.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  24. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    get a bunch of tuna.
    I got tuna'd out last year... haha I'm still in tuna recovery. I have been sticking with turkey & chicken
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  25. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
    I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

    As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

    As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.
    can you go into more detail why you enjoy the piracetam? What does it taste like? I really am hoping I can tell the difference. It's not due to arrive till the 27th, which just so happened to be the day i was trying to get it to study for!
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
    how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

    at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

    at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.
    what the hell is quinoa? i eat rice all the time-carry over from days of eating it 3-5x every single day living in the philipines. btw-in the philipines you buy your rice in 100 pound burlap bags, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  29. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    quinoa is an aztec grain it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

    http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/c...-pasta/10352/2

    pronounced keenwa in case you go into a store and ask for it.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  30. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    quinoa is an aztec grain it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

    http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/c...-pasta/10352/2

    pronounced keenwa in case you go into a store and ask for it.
    One of the highest protein plants known. Something like 10% protein. Soy is unfashionable 'cause it might mess up test.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Log in
Log in