Nootropic update thread. Increasing my brain capacity

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    those are 2 symptoms I noted. Lightheadedness and bowel movements
    they went away pretty fast, if they are causing a lot of distress just half dose until you get used to it. i really enjoy focus xt, it did take some getting used to though.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    cant be sure how you will react. i just know that out of all the supps i have taken alcar is only one to cause loose bowel-guess i have been lucky, but this went away fairly quickly. another thing it caused when first taking it was a kind of lightheadedness, this two went away after a few doses. try taking half doses and work up to full dose, i think you will find it is well worth it once effects kick in.
    I would get light headed taking alcar if I did not take some kind of choline source with it.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I would get light headed taking alcar if I did not take some kind of choline source with it.
    well focus xt has the alcar, but it also has choline
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

well focus xt has the alcar, but it also has choline
    apparently he didn't bother to look at ingredients, lol.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

apparently he didn't bother to look at ingredients, lol.
    I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I guess he didn't read my update then... bummer. I listed the whole ingredient panel in there...oh well.

Thanks for recommending it to be bigT. 1/2 dose will be used tomorrow.
    try that and see. i think we are among a small group who are sensitive to alcar, most seem to tolerate it pretty well. it works for me though, i seem to get results at lower doses than most.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i've gone as high as 5g of alcar a day
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i've gone as high as 5g of alcar a day
    i have a buddy who swears by the stuff at 6gm a day in 3 divided doses, as a staple. if i were to dose that high i would be loopy.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

i used to do 6 per day alcar sometimes when pulling a double shift. seemed to help
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

just the amount in focus XT made me a bit loopy. It was a first for me for 3 of the ingredients. Another reason to cut down 1/2 serving. I've got a sinus infection/head aches too so coupling that with alcar issues.... bad day haha!

I was really pleased that it didn't make me jittery or anything. I think taking the focus XT with food also helped. I have found that I have to take almost EVERYTHING with food otherwise i become ill in some fashion from it.

I'm trying to get a bit better grocery list than usual... what are some suggestions (not for bodybuilding... just to get a well rounded grocery list health wise).

I generally per week get about 7 bananas, 1 lbs of Rotissere Chicken, Pasta, soups, big bag of frozen veggies, beans. I think I have been getting sick lately because of my crap diet. I'm not eating enough because of stress and when I do it is generally not well balanced meals.
    what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

what sucks is the stuff that is good for you is the stuff that is expensive. if i were to buy nothing but junk my grocery bill would be cut by 75%, it's probably better in texas than indiana though.
    yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

yeah man, I know this sounds rediculous... but I have been able to budget myself to $20-25 every 1.5 weeks thus far. As a result all I eat is various beans, 2 for $1 white HEB brand mac & cheese, banana, toasted chicken sandwhichs, and ramen. It's a terrible diet health wise.
    get a bunch of tuna.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

get a bunch of tuna.
    I got tuna'd out last year... haha I'm still in tuna recovery. I have been sticking with turkey & chicken
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Should I expect the piracetam or ginkgo to do this as well?
    I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I am new to piracetam and my first dose went through very nice, the only thing that caught me of guard was the taste, but other than that, no digestive problems of any kind. But oh my, this **** is awesome, I hope you get good results, I am loving this stuff!

As for ginkgo, I actually found that if I took it on an empty stomach, I would get pretty annoying discomfort but it was easily fixed by eating something or anything. So on an empty stomach it was a no-no, at least for me, but is easily fixed.
    can you go into more detail why you enjoy the piracetam? What does it taste like? I really am hoping I can tell the difference. It's not due to arrive till the 27th, which just so happened to be the day i was trying to get it to study for!
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. Registered User
    Answers

how about looking for who has split chicken breasts with bone + skin on sale? you should if you have more than a couple grocery stores nearby have one that has those on sale for under $1.50/lb, sometimes under a dollar. buy 5-8lbs, bake em, shred the meat after baking.

at health food stores quinoa is around $2.50lb, so more than rice, but also has complete protein in it, and is a nice complex carb as well.
    what the hell is quinoa? i eat rice all the time-carry over from days of eating it 3-5x every single day living in the philipines. btw-in the philipines you buy your rice in 100 pound burlap bags, lol.
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

quinoa is an aztec grain it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/c...-pasta/10352/2

pronounced keenwa in case you go into a store and ask for it.
    This space for rent

20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

quinoa is an aztec grain it almost disappeared from the planet, was rediscovered in the 1930s growing in one of the plains cities ruins. its sort of rice-like but its nutrition profile is great for a grain

One of the highest protein plants known. Something like 10% protein. Soy is unfashionable 'cause it might mess up test.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

glad you said how to pronounce it, i would never have gotten that right.
  22. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

glad you said how to pronounce it, i would never have gotten that right.
    I got it wrong at first too but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely
    This space for rent

23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
    1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

I got it wrong at first too but the unbathed hippies at the health food store corrected me nicely
    don't you hate that, lol.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

alright got back from the store and spent a bit more than usual
    1 whole rotissere chicken, beans, big bag of raisin bran, hamburger helper, 2lbs of extra lean beef, bananas, 4 ribeyes... I can't think of what else.
    man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

don't you hate that, lol.
    not when its the chicks, cause some of them are hot

Another idea to save on food $ is to go to walmart and buy the 5lb tube of the 70/30 beef, brown the whole thing at once and throw it into a colander, then boil some water and pour it over. you end up with about 4lbs of the equivalent of 93/7 or 96/4 beef, but for under $10, instead of $4/lb like that stuff normally is
    This space for rent

27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

man, i am going to try that quinoa. easy is cutting edge on stuff like that.
    its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.
    This space for rent

28. Registered User
    Answers

its freaking aztek stuff, its not cutting edge its more like 1200 AD Cook it just like it was rice, if you have a rice maker it works perfect, 1 cup of quinoa, 2 cups water. it has a bit nuttier of a taste than rice. I like to throw in a packet of goya sazon or something like that to flavor it a bit.
    alright smart asss, i give you a compliment and you punk me, lol. i am going to give it a try. the coconut oil was a good idea- i am sure you didn't invent that either, lol.
  29. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage
    This space for rent

30. Registered User
    Answers

yeah, i'm just constantly trying to figure out how to eat clean and have it be enjoyable and also not totally wreck my budget. Sure I make good money but with 3 kids with 1 in full time daycare, plus bigass house in a gated community, car payments, credit cards, etc I try and clip $ out where I can. always salmon and tilapia in the freezer tho walmart had some wild salmon fillet pieces individually vacuum packed in 4oz pieces @ $4lb so I bought a pile. Thank god for a 18 cubic foot freezer in my garage
    i was on jury duty with a guy who worked in a butcher shop. we were talking, and he told me that the steak they have marked down is not only ok, but it actually tastes better. wouldn't want to keep it very long, but we get some great deals on steak that is a little brown-no one has died and it tastes just as good or better than full price. i buy it, take it home and throw it on the grill.
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I second the quinoa.......great stuff. I like it better than brown rice.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I second the quinoa.......great stuff. I like it better than brown rice.
    sold, i will be trying it. better get you some tex.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

yeah I'll have to look for it next week when i go to the store. Man my stupid grill was not working so I just had to pan cook my ribeye. it came out tasting like freakin hamburger, lame.
    hahaha, that sucks.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I love it when you have it cooked half way and then it runs out of gas...
    Quinoa is a different taste. It is almost like seed pods or something. Great stuff!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Woo big updates! My Choline, Ginkgo biloba, and Piracetam all arrived today! I was really hoping to get them so i could USE them for today, but oh well. My exam went terrible.

The piracetam is the new nutraplanet black series and it is extremely nice looking! I gott 700 grams to it is going to last me a long long time! The powder is kind of clumpy though.

The ginkgo biloba is an extremely fine powder with a strong taste similar to tea

and My choline is only 100 grams, so it won't last very long.

Which should I start using first and in what dosing scheme?
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

UPDATE 3

Ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo biloba’s ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

Dosing
    1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

Notes
    I parachuted 60mg and chased with water. It took about 15-30 minutes to feel effects and I felt a definite tunnel vision. As far as memory and stuff... no updates on those yet. I really would like to continue use of this everyday along side piracetam/choline.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

UPDATE 3

Ginkgo Biloba
    Ginkgo has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[25] and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess ginkgo bilobaís ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimerís disease.[26] Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo

Dosing
    1/4 teaspoon ~60mg

Notes
    Will update later. I am going to study for about an hour and half then going to see paranormal activity.
    sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

sorry bout the test. hey, there is a article about ginko and prolactin in the articles section.
    I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

I will check it out later tonight. It's ok, my law professor is very situational with questions.
    i like law because of all the grey areas. i majored in accounting and hated it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 11:31 PM