Daniel's Prime Log
- 10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Daniel's Prime Log
I'm 22, in my last semester of college, and plan on returning to mixed martial arts competition after graduation. I started training in 1998 (yes, when I was 11 years old) but I've been completely away from the sport during the last few years as it's been booming. With all my experience and training from such a young age I know that I can go pro, and I fully believe that I would be fighting professionally right now had I never taken time away from it.
I've taken the better part of this year to get myself back in shape and it's been going great - since returning to the gym seriously back in March I've made consistent strength gains with no plateaus and cut 20 pounds of body fat. Unfortunately, I haven't put on all that much in the way of muscle mass (yes, I know all about eating right, I've been in combat sports for over half of my life), but I attribute this partially to not eating too much of a caloric surplus as I was trying to cut body fat. I was recommended Prime to help me put on some muscle mass, did tons of research and read some good and bad reviews, and finally decided to go with it. Here goes the log:
I do chest & triceps on Monday, legs & shoulders on Wednesday, and back & biceps on Friday. Typically, I do four exercises with four sets for larger muscles and three exercises with four sets for smaller ones. Iím currently using density principles with most exercises, where I do two heavy sets, then using a weight I could get about 15 reps with I do four sets of 10 reps, with 10-15 seconds of rest between each set. I donít take any supplements for pre workout when I lift - I just eat a big, quality meal about an hour and a half or so before. I used to have a protein shake before I would lift, but I noticed no difference when I stopped doing that. When I get done lifting I immediately have a fat free whey isolate shake (~52g) and sometimes a banana with it, then walk over to the nearest dorm and eat a real meal. Tuesdays and Thursdays I do five miles of intervals early in the morning before breakfast and then do abdominal work and usually another 2.5 miles of intervals in the evening, about 12 hours later. On weekends I do a deck of cards and usually go for a jog outside.
I go to college and live on campus, so I do the vast majority of my eating in dorm cafeterias. Obviously, this doesnít make it as easy to have a great diet as when I was at home over the summer (wheat bread is about the only complex carb readily available in every cafeteria and Iím learning to love it right now), but they put nutrition facts out for all the stuff being served and I do eat pretty damn good given that Iím not shopping for myself. Basically I always keep my protein high and carbs moderate, and drop my carbs even more on cardio days (although Iím slowly adding more in on cardio days). Since starting Prime, I am upping my carbs a bit to help with building muscle mass.
Starting weight - 193 pounds
Day 1 Ė 09-27-09
- First two at 10am after breakfast. Went for two mile jog about 11am. Enhanced sense of wellbeing for rest of day. Feels like mild amphetamine.
- Two more around 3pm.
- Two more around 9:30pm.
Day 2 Ė 09-28-09
- Two with breakfast ~8am.
- One ~35 minutes before workout
- Two with post workout meal, ~ 2:25pm
- Two with evening meal, 9:30pm
- No noticeable effect but slight energy boost. No noticeable increase in gym. New PR on pec deck and DB flat bench press, but I have moved up in strength virtually every week for months so this should not be attributed to Prime.
Day 3 Ė 09-29-09
- Five miles of HIIT in the morning. Took ~300mg of caffeine immediately
upon rising, then a protein shake (~24g) about 25 minutes before doing
cardio, and a Stacker 2 Xtra while walking across to the rec center. Seemed
a bit easier to maintain at least 270 strides per minute during my sprints.
- Three with breakfast ~9am.
- Enhanced sense of energy and a bit edgy almost, but not a bad feeling. A bit
aggressive but controlled. Want to get through class and tell my professors
and other students to shut the **** up!
- Three with protein shake (~40g) and almonds ~3:30pm
- Two with evening meal ~9:30pm
Day 4 Ė 09-30-09
- Three with breakfast ~8:00am
- Three with post workout meal ~2:30pm
- Two with evening meal ~9:15pm
- Pretty good workout (legs and shoulders) although there were no empty squat racks or squat machines, which pissed me off. Set new PRs on leg press (500 pounds) and behind neck press (105 pounds).
- Definite increased vascularity with both inner forearms. I can see veins not present before throughout the day and when lifting.
Day 5 Ė 10-01-09
- 3.8 miles of HIIT in the morning (normally this would be five, but I cut it
short to get in some extra studying for a test I had this morning). 200mg
caffeine immediately upon rising, then a protein shake (~24g) about 25
minutes before doing cardio, and a Stacker 2 Xtra while walking across to
the rec center.
- Three with breakfast ~9am
- Three with afternoon meal ~2:45pm
- Two with evening meal ~9:30pm
- I donít know if it has to do with running a lot of intervals early in the
morning or what, but it seems like I feel the Prime more on cardio days than
lifting days. When I ate lunch a little after 12pm, it seemed like the effects
of the morning dose returned again. The 9:30pm dose really hit hard tonight
for some reason - itís now 10:30pm and Iím feeling totally amped up, like I
could go for good long run right now.
Day 6 Ė 10-02-09
- Three with breakfast ~8:00am
- Two about 30 minutes before workout ~12:35pm
- Two with post workout meal ~2:20pm
- Two with evening meal ~10:00pm
- I think today is the first day I have really noticed some real effects from Prime. As mentioned before, I seem to get a second wave of it hitting me when I have my second meal of the day. This hit hard as **** today. I had my second meal around 11:15am or so and while I was eating I started to notice it coming on. It was almost like an angry sort of feeling. Angry probably isnít the right way to put it, it was more like I was in a very intense mood. By the time I was sitting in class at 12:00pm I was amped up as ****, it was that same type of amphetamine feeling Iíve described before. I could not wait to go lift. Although I never miss a day in the gym and never go in feeling like not doing much (itís the highlight of the day for me), today I just had an intensity and focus beyond what Iíve had in the past. I took two more during class, got out and headed to the gym, and had a really great workout (back & biceps). Just last week I set PRs of 160 on the cable row and lat pulldowns, and today I got to 180 on both. I also set a PR of 105 on each side on a Hammer Strength high row machine. Last week I did three sets of 30 and one set of 25 on concentration curls and anticipated staying at 30 for all four sets today. Instead, I started out with 35 for two sets and then dropped to 30 for two sets. I had a nice pump while doing them as well. There seems to be a small increase in the vascularity noticed a few days ago.
Day 6 weight - 194 pounds. I've been eating a lot more this week, as I've read some reviews saying you need to eat big to put on mass with Prime.
Today is October 2nd, the end of my first week of Prime. I made this log pretty detailed for the first week just to give people an idea of my schedule and whatnot. For the rest of the cycle (probably another five to six weeks) I plan on just doing weekly updates and posting when there are noticeable things occuring.
- 10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Surprisingly, my weight is down since starting Prime. I weighed 189 pounds yesterday and 191 today, meaning since I started Prime on last Sunday I am actually down two pounds overall. I really was not expecting this, as I had been eating a good amount more this past week and through this weekend. This is made even more surprising by the fact that I missed my Thursday night abs and cardio session to go to a lecture on the Alamo. I was really just hoping to put on some lean mass while on this product, but if I can do that while cutting more body fat as well then that's even better.
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Today marks the end of my second week on Prime. No real impressive strength gains this week; physically I'm still looking the same as well. I weighed in at 193.5 today, so I'm up 2.5 pounds from last week. I was a bit under the weather Tueday through Thursday, so my training probably wasn't as good as it could have been, although I still managed to set a PR of 220 for two reps in two sets on squats on Wednesday.
Today I finally felt back to normal and had a pretty good workout. No new PRs set, but I did manage to hit all my PRs from last week again, on a few exercises I was able to work with my PR for a set or two more. 35 pounds on concentration curls wasn't as easy as it was last week, but this could be due to being a bit sick through the week.
My 150 cap bottle of the 800mg Prime came from GNC today, and I plan on running that using the 69 protocol which should give me three full weeks and a few days, meaning I'll have been on Prime for a little over six weeks when I finish up. Supposedly the third week is when things are really supposed to kick in, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this upcoming week goes. I've been upping my caloric intake a good amount so I'm hoping I'll have put on a good couple pounds of muscle by the time this cycle is over with.
10-10-2009, 02:56 AM
10-10-2009, 03:01 PM
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM
No one ever comments about their rhomboids these days! Its always about the lats, they get all the attention
When an omega male is born it's game over
10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I had a really good workout today. I hit PRs on leg extensions, standing calf raises, standing military press, and dumbbell press, and I was able to double my reps for two sets on the PR I set last week for squats. After my workout I went to the cafeteria and ate beef, chicken, wheat bread, and oatmeal until my stomach hurt. I've been eating a ****load the last two weeks.
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
One thing I noticed earlier today is that despite having upped my diet considerably in the last few weeks, I look and feel just as if not more lean (relatively speaking) than before I started Prime. It's counterintuitive, but I'm glad to see that I'm putting on virtually no body fat as far as I can tell despite my caloric intake going up a lot. I've even cut out my second cardio session on Tuesdays and Thursdays and cut the one I do back from five miles to a little over three, so that makes this even more surprising.
10-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Today I weighed 193.5 about an hour ago right before I ate, up one half pound from when I started after three weeks. I'm a bit dissapointed with this, given how much I've been eating and how I've been training lately. I'm having real good workouts and setting PRs, but my musculature still looks basically the same and the mass doesn't seem to be coming. I have about three weeks left on it, so we'll see how it ends up.
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
My workouts are still going really good. On Monday I did chest and blasted through a PR on DB incline press. The last time I did it, which was two weeks ago, the most I could do was three sets with 55s. Monday, after warming up with a moderate weight, I did one set with 60s and two sets with 65s, getting eight reps on each. I was very pleased with this.
Today was legs and shoulders and I set new PRs on leg extension, leg press, seated leg curls, and behind the neck presses. I also was able to hit 225 on barbell squats for the first time, for five reps, although the form was only so-so. Still, it was nice to know I can do it in some capacity. A guy who said he used to train people came up to me between sets and said I could squat that weight perfect in two weeks if I lightened up now and concentrated on stricter form, so I did a few sets at 155 and 175 concentrating on going down as far as possible with good form. I'm thinking it will probably be more like three or four weeks before I can do 225 with good form, but we'll see what happens.
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Four weeks have gone by now and things are going good. My weight as 196 last Sunday and 199 today. After thorough examination, I can see some increased size and definition in my quadriceps and my shoulders. I know for a fact, as I just measured, that I have put one fourth of an inch on my right arm and one half an inch on my left arm (which is good since my left is just slightly smaller than the right) since I started Prime at the end of September. If there has been any body fat increase with the six pounds I've put on it is negligible, and I'm eating a ****load, probably 240+ grams of protein a day and usually at least 380 grams of carbs a day - plus I'm doing very little cardio right now, only getting in one session last week.
My workouts are still going real good and I'm making nice, sometimes even surprising strength gains every week. I have I think about 10 days of Prime left so this is the home stretch coming up here.
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
My weight today was 202, putting me up nine pounds from when I started. I put on a sleeveless shirt earlier and was surprised when looking in the mirror at how big and soild my arms look. Either tomorrow or Tuesday will be my when my bottle runs out, which puts me at about five and a half weeks for this run.
My workouts on Monday and Wednesday were great, Friday was good but I think I only broke one PR as opposed to like four or five on the prior days. I started deadlifting again three weeks ago, which I had avoided ever since I was younger after having a herniated disc in my lower back. Thankfully, my lower back feels great doing deadlifts and I've been adding about 10 pounds to it each week. I'll post a final wrap up with my overall thoughts at the end of this week.
11-01-2009, 10:52 PM
nine pounds is an awesome gain my man esp for being a natty supp! I just started prime and anabolic pump about 3 days ago
11-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I finished my second bottle on Tuesday and thus ended about five and a half weeks on Prime. Weight was up to 205 today, meaning that since I started I put on 12 pounds with a pretty much negligible amount of body fat. I didn't really notice it Wednesday, but today I definitely had a bit of a decrease in strength from not being on Prime, so I guess I'll have to dial it back a bit next week. Overall, I've added size and definition throughout my body and have more vascularity, particularly in my forearms. It took a while to see results but they did come and the scale and the tape don't lie (I had put 1/2" on my arms in like four weeks). I wish I had a good digital camera so I could have taken some pictures for you guys but unfortunately I don't. I have to say Prime is a very good product and I would definitely use it again.
11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
thank you for you log and review im currently on second week of prime/anabolic pump and i must say i am loving it strength is though the roof this product is no placebo i dgaf what the hatters say they need to look at there diet and training and quit acting like prime is some kind of steroid that produces results regardless of diet and training! its the real deal i don know how it works and i was huge skeptic but i am a believer now and have no doubt in usp's products
11-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By poopypants in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 306Last Post: 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
- By kilmann40 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 38Last Post: 11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
- By Triple Cs in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 61Last Post: 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
- By joebo in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 48Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
- By ozarkaBRAND in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 154Last Post: 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM