UKStrength Reviews 'Wired' by PhD Nutrition - AnabolicMinds.com

UKStrength Reviews 'Wired' by PhD Nutrition

1. UKStrength

What is Wired? (Taken from www.phd-supplements.com

There are many pre-workout drinks, even pre-workout encapsulated formulas on the market, however none of them can lay claim to providing an ingredient listing as comprehensive as Wired. PhD designed Wired™ to tackle the following scenarios:

1. Lack of pre-workout motivation
    2. Lack of focus and concentration
    3. Lack of ability to get pumped in the gym
    4. Lack of strength
    5. Lack of power

Pre-exercise boost without the sugars!!
    PhD were insistent that Wired™ contain as few sugars as possible. Using exclusively sugars like dextrose or sucrose prior to exercise maybe okay in the short-term, for exercise lasting 45 minutes, but for those long, gruelling sessions, sugars may only result in a blood sugar crash. Wired was designed with only:

1. 4.8 grams of carbohydrates per serving!
    2. Less than 0.5 grams of sugar per serving!

How can Wired™ improve your exercise performance?

Strength & Power
    The group of ingredients within Wired™ named Neuro-Vol-6 ™ contains 6 synergistic ingredients that may increase strength, power and short-term explosive energy.

Nitric Oxide Synthase
    Wired ™ contains the latest Nitric-Oxide potentiator, Arginine AKG.
    Nitric Oxide is a naturally-occurring substance within the human body. In order for the body to produce Nitric Oxide it needs, amongst other compounds, the amino acid Arginine. Once released, Nitric Oxide causes vasodilation (a widening of the muscle cell membranes) allowing the muscles to become flooded with blood and nutrients, therefore creating the muchsought after “Pump”, which increases the swollen appearance and vascularity of a muscle.

Focus & Concentration
    Wired™ contains a dual-action neuro-blend aimed at maximum exercise performance through optimising focus and concentration

Stimulation & Intensity
    Wired™ contains synergistic amounts of Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, Glucoronolactone and DMAE, designed to maximise stimulation prior to intense exercise. Use of Caffeine will provide the alertness vital to athletic performance.

Muscle Protection system
    Wired™ contains a full BCAA profile along with added L-Glutamine. BCAA’s are included within Wired™ to maximum muscle protection during intense exercise.

The Reviewer

Okay so I've used a heck of a lot of stimulants in the past, everything from good the good old ECA stack, to the lastest and greatest pre-workout drink.

I have an extremely high tolerance for stimulants (4-600mg of caffeine pre-workout is nothing) so when I commend a supplement on it's stimulant/focus effects...it must be good!

I'm very critical when it comes to pre-workout formulas, I don't often stray from the classic hot cup of strong coffee pre-workout, but since many of these newer formulas contain a myriad of additional ergogenic ingredients, they're worth having a go, then letting you guys know what it's like

The Review

Mixability and Taste

I mixed up 1.5 scoops in 300mls (as stated on the directions). The powder was very fine and didn't have a distinctive smell really. After shaking hard, knowing that BCAAs are difficult to dissolve in water anyway, I found to my surprise that hardly anything had dissolved!

There were lovely 'floaters' of white powder throughout the drink. It took another hard shake for a minute to get it to mix a little and it still didn't mix fully. Piss poor.

In terms of taste...well let's just say I was lucky not to spit the stuff out! Washing-up liquid flavour anyone? That's my verdict on the drinks taste.

Stimulation

In 1.5 scoops of wired there's apparently 200mg caffeine. Put it this way I felt nothing from this one dose. I upped the dosage gradually over a few sessions, it was only at 6 scoops that I started to get a 'stim' effect. I'm pretty sure the caffeine is underdosed.

Gym Performance

Very little if any improvement. I trained today without wired and felt no different. For the sheer amount of ingredients in there (BCAAs, DMAE, Caffeine, Betaine Anhydrous, Creatine Mono...) I'd expect to have performed a little better but in all honesty I didn't. I've used other great intra-workout formulas such as Purple Wraath or Xpand and felt like I was actually training with a supplement.

Bottom Line

I unfortunately couldn't recommend this product to anyone, even my mate who doesn't use any supplements or stimulants regularly saw no benefit from it. The taste and performance were not up to scratch, a big thumbs down.

2. New Member

i used to use this a year or so back, before i learnt a bit more about supps. it isnt that great as you said, it just used to make me a bit light headed.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.

Great review, thanks informing the rest of us from purchasing under-performing products.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM
  2. Lights out with LipoTrophin PM (Review by UKStrength)
    By UKStrength in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
  3. UKStrength is slicing up some British Beef with IGF-2!
    By UKStrength in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 08:13 AM
  4. Nimbus Nutrition Tester Reviews
    By prld2gr8ns in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 02:38 PM