Rodja's Cynostane Log-A New Direction

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Almost befittingly, I'm running a compound that is a new direction in the DS industry along with a new direction in life. Most of '09 has been chaotic and tumultuous, but the corner has been turned. A new residence along with a more cheerful outlook has really helped my disposition (there's just something about Fall that brings positive change). Once again, Grad School has begun and I have a full-load this semester, but I much prefer to be very busy. Although my schedule is much more favorable than it has been in the past, I am still going to reduce my MMA load to a maintenance level. Now, to the actual show...

Introducing AI's new (and mysterious DS) Cynostane aka 2-cyano-17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-3-one

From Vida/PA:
A:A 800:45
PA, "...it's actually DMT with a cyano."

Now, A:A ratio is always with a grain of salt, but I'm interested to see how this is different from DMT/PP.

Starting Stats:
5'10"
196 lbs (heaviest I've been in a LONG time)
~12%

Hard to say what goals for this cycle are since it's actions/abilities are unknown.

Split:
Mon-Chest/Biceps, MMA
Tue-Thighs/Core, Cardio
Wed-MMA
Thu-Off
Fri-Back
Sat-Delts/Triceps/Traps/Core
Sun-Off

Staples/Ancillary:
10g Fish Oil
TheSize (includes NAC)
20gBCAA/60gWMS/25g SuperCarb (Post-WO)
ATW Blend
ON 100% Casein
E-911 (Pre-WO)

I have Letro on hand in case of any estrogen issues and Toremifene for PCT. Training has been solid and only a slight tweak of my right shoulder, but that has almost become chronic at this point in my life. Everything is set and I'm ready to go...

UKStrength

Subbed mate :D any idea what the cyano-bit would do for the DMT?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
So AI have created a new molecule and no one has any idea what it really does? well im subbed for this log anyway...

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, I'm in for the ride!! Fall is the best, glad things are going better for ya!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

9/7-Chest/Biceps

Dips-2xBW+90x5
HS Incline-100x10, 110x8
Flat Flys/DB Curls-3x50x10/3x50x8
Preacher Curls-3x100x12
HS Decline-90x15, 2x115x8
Crossovers/High Cable Curls-3x60x12/3x40x12

DC Stretches

Pure balls-out session from the moment I arrived. Slept in on this day and felt great; I was ready to go an hour after breakfast. I didn't go to practice on this day to partake in some Labor Day festivities (gluttony is a favorite past-time of mine). I haven't started the cycle yet, but I shall as soon as I receive the product.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Introducing AI's new (and mysterious DS) Cynostane aka 2-cyano-17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-3-one

From Vida/PA:
A:A 800:45
PA, "...it's actually DMT with a cyano."

Now, A:A ratio is always with a grain of salt, but I'm interested to see how this is different from DMT/PP.
The quote from PA is misleading or incomplete. It's actually DMT with a cyano at the 2nd position instead of a double-bond (-ene). You could also say it's actually Mestanolone (17aa-DHT) with a cyano added.

I agree with you on the A:A ratio. Superdrol was supposed to be almost completely anabolic, but I think many folks' hairlines will disagree ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So AI have created a new molecule and no one has any idea what it really does? well im subbed for this log anyway...
I wouldn't say they created it; it has a profile in Vida. It's just never been commercially released and/or studied extensively.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The quote from PA is misleading or incomplete. It's actually DMT with a cyano at the 2nd position instead of a double-bond (-ene). You could also say it's actually Mestanolone (17aa-DHT) with a cyano added.

I agree with you on the A:A ratio. Superdrol was supposed to be almost completely anabolic, but I think many folks' hairlines will disagree ;)
Full PA post:

"ok, i apologize. i misread the name of the compound. its actually dmt with a cyano. so disregard all of the above

vida has it 800 anabolic and 45 androgenic. this compound might be very strong."

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed.
I know that more than one hand is in the cookie jar.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Full PA post:

"ok, i apologize. i misread the name of the compound. its actually dmt with a cyano. so disregard all of the above

vida has it 800 anabolic and 45 androgenic. this compound might be very strong."
Well, I know you already found this out Rodja, but to the others following this thread, it appears that PA is possibly mistaken: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/134745-cynostane-2.html#post2122948

I have not read the BB.com threads, knowing the typical thread there, I probably don't have time...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
subbed. you're going to beat the snot out of someone if you get in the ring.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

9/8-Thighs/Core

Deadlifts-315x3, 335x3, 365x3
Front Squats-135x5, 155x5, 165x5
Reverse Lunges-130x8, 140x8, 150x8
Uni LP-300x12, 390x12, 480x8
Standing Leg Curls-60x15
Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises-3x15/3x15

DC Stretches

This was the first time I've pulled in a very long time. I didn't want to push too hard to let my erectors re-attenuate to the stress of DL'ing. I've also been rehabbing my right hamstring as of late since it has been excessively tight, which is consequently stiffening my back. My flexibility used to be BJ Penn level, but it's lessened in recent months. My package arrived last night after I went to the gym, so I begin my dosing today (3 caps/day).

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Looking good so far. This will be a good log to follow!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Hope that hammy gets better for ya! Penn's got some sick natural abilities, kinda scary thinking of someone else being on that level.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope that hammy gets better for ya! Penn's got some sick natural abilities, kinda scary thinking of someone else being on that level.
I've had hamstring issues since Spring '08 when I had a bad pull of both of them; it hampered my striking for months as I was unable to throw anything above a leg kick. My right hamstring has been injured a few times and I think there is some calcium/scar tissue in the glute/ham tie-in.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Man, that sucks!! I'm sure you know about self-myofacial techniques, those might help somewhat, and a good massage/kineseology/reflexology therapist. I've never really considered kicking high, I prefer to keep my base. I'm no Cro Cop.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, that sucks!! I'm sure you know about self-myofacial techniques, those might help somewhat, and a good massage/kineseology/reflexology therapist. I've never really considered kicking high, I prefer to keep my base. I'm no Cro Cop.
I've got a set of CC thighs, along with a southy stance, so it's just natural for me to be a big kicker. When I work out my thighs more frequenty, I have fewer injuries/strains to them. My hip flexors, in particular, get very inflexible without doing some form of resistance training. Deep squats and lunges help to release the fascia in the tie-in and promote healing, along with increasing the flexibility.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I saw the pic of your CC thighs one time, very impressive man!! I most definitely wouldn't want to feel one of your leg kicks, plus it should also add to your punching and elbowing power as well. Should also make shoots and throws way more effective. Makes sense to work em' out to keep them flexible and strong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/9-Cardio

I couldn't make it to practice, so I went for a nice run outside. My legs are extremely sore and it took me about 10 minutes to loosen up the fascia during this session. Subsequently, it took me much longer than usual and my stride was incredibly stiff. It was a decent session that I ran at about 70% of my usual clip to re-attenuate my body to cardio, plus it was extremely humid outside and I was drenched after the first mile.

Nothing to report as far as effects from the Cynostane, but it's far too early to expect seeing anything.

Also, I am adding CS to my daily routine and PCS for PCT (thanks AI for the whole package).

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
AI is really shining with a package like that. Everybody's interested in this one as am I. I'll be following along with everybody else.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yo rodja subbed.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for sure! Good luck with your cycle!!!

Regards,

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

9/11-Back

20 Pullups
DB Rows-110x12, 120x10, 125x10
HS Underhand Low Rows-170x12, 2x190x8
Cable Rows-180x12, 220x8
Straight-Arm Pulldowns-55x12, 70x12

DC Stretches

Great session from today. Had a hell of a pump and intensity throughout the session and pulled some great numbers. I didn't set any PRs, but I was really close to my best on the HS and DB Rows (only lacked reps, not weight). Weight is still holding about the same, but I am starting to feel increased fullness in my muscle bellies.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow you really are going in a new direction. i always thought you seemed cautious about new products, preferring to wait and see logs. anyway i wish you luck, and will follow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

9/12-Triceps/Delts/Traps/Core

CG-225x12, 245x10, 275x6
Lying Ex-85x12, 2x95x10
Pressdowns-150x12, 160x12, 160x12-drop-100x12
Machine Presses-210x12, 225x10, 240x10
Side Laterals-35x12, 2x40x10
Rear Flies/Cable Crunches-3x40x12/3x120x25
DB Shrugs/Trunk Rotations-90x12, 2x95x10/3x60x16

DC Stretches

This session was a little on the slower side from a speed and intensity standpoint. Still had a good pump, M-M connections, and strength, but didn't have the same speed and tenacity as usual. One thing that I have already noticed is a lessening of DOMS. Very little of my back is sore, even though I had a brutal session and pushed some great weights. I've also noticed that my hamstrings feel much better as well. I'm going to slowly progress the numbers and add in some sets if my body feels up to it.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear positive feedback :) Keep pushing it!

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

9/14-Chest/Biceps

Dips-BW+90x5, 2xBW+100x3
HS Incline-100x10, 110x8
Incline Flies/Cambered Curls-2x50x12, 55x12/95x10, 2x100x8
Hammer Curls-3x55x8
HS Decline-100x15, 110x12
HS Preacher Curls-100x12, 115x8-drop-55x25
High Crossovers-60x15, 70x12-drop-40x15
Crossover Curls-40x12-drop-20x12

Holy, balls...this was a hell of a pump. Strength was high and I had the kind of contractions that felt like a cramp. I live for sessions like this. Aggression was high for the entire session and I could have kept training despite the drop sets, which were brutal. My weight today was 205 (take it with a grain of salt), but I had some sesame chicken and egg drop soup last night. I'm starting to fell muscle fullness all day long, which is always fun.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update :)

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to MMA practice last night after my second class (I hate Monday's: class from 8-11 and 3:30-6:30). I didn't train any striking and taught some basics to some new guys and then rolled for about 45 minutes. I don't really count any of the matches between the neophytes and me, but I did roll with a newly crowned brown and a blue. The brown belt has a tricky scissors half-guard that I struggle to pass. I used a basic wrestling technique and pulled clasped my hands together and pulled his legs out to advance to side-mount. From there, I went for a spinning, far-side armbar, but failed to finish. After a scramble, I ended up back in half-guard; however, this time, he left his arm in and I was able to secure a Brabo choke. Game over. Next match was pretty much the same story: scissors half-guard and moving for position. This time, I was able to clasp my hands together with a Gable grip and lock in a Japanese Necktie. Game over.

For those not familiar:

The match with the blue was almost like grappling myself: we both have long arms and favor chokes, especially D'Arce, Brabo, and Anaconda chokes. I worked to side-mount and secured a kimura before he rolled and we had a hell of a scramble. We both ended back in the starting before I sprawled out and took his back. It was a hand fight at that point and I secured a body triangle before locking in the RNC.

I felt really good during the class and one thing I definitely noticed was the endurance in my forearms/biceps. Usually after a bicep session, I have about 5 seconds before I start to lose my grip or cramp, but I had none of that today. I feel physically stronger and I can definitely feel the recovery accelerating.

Later today is legs...I'm going to try 225 on Front Squats. We'll see how it goes; I've done this many times in the past, but I hope my core is ready for it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to add that I am in line for my purple belt now sometime over the next few months. It depends how frequently I can make it to train with Ronny Lis, our new resident BB.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Very nice work man!! I'd kill to have legs long enough to body triangle someone.Then again, I'm not near as good as you, but it's more like a fun way for me to get my cardio in. Gratz on the purple belt test!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice work man!! I'd kill to have legs long enough to body triangle someone.Then again, I'm not near as good as you, but it's more like a fun way for me to get my cardio in. Gratz on the purple belt test!!
I usually can't close because my thighs are too big, but the angle was perfect and I didn't want to have the guy roll into guard (we were on our sides and he was starting to roll). Plus, I kept losing my hook with my left foot and I sure as hell wasn't going to cross my ankles.

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
so at a week in your feeling some strengh increase and pumps huh
awsome grappling skill gratz on the purple belt test man

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/15-Thighs/Core

Front Squats-185x3, 205x3
SLDL-225x10, 245x8
Uni LP-300x12, 390x12, 480x8
Walking DB Lunges-3x60x12
Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises-BWx15, 2xBW+10x15/3x15

DC Stretches

Felt like ass the whole day; had a horrible allergy attack from all of the rain we've had down here over the past week. I had to pry myself off of the couch to go train. Needless to say, not a great session for me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember Fedor looking pissed when he watched Mirco knock his brother out. Well, pacing back & forth for Fedor is about as emotional as he gets.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apparently he was cussing in Russian. Fedor simply showing emotion is pissed off for him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On Wednesday, I went to MMA and trained a lot of BJJ and actually did some striking for the first time since mid-August. The intensity was very high during the grappling sessions and I was able to get an armbar, clock-choke, and modified guillotine. I did get trapped in a arm-triangle choke, but that was the only submission against me.

9/18-Back

Pull-ups- BWx15
BB Rows-225x12, 245x12, 255x12
HS Neutral Rows-180x12, 200x10, 210x10
Twisting Cable Rows-140x12, 180x10, 200x8
DB Rows-130x10-rest-x5
Straight Arm Pulldowns-55x10, 70x10

DC Stretches

Great training session that I was looking forward to all week. Back is by far my favorite part to train and it has always been one of my strongest muscle groups. My forearms were burnt out from grappling and my other training sessions, so I had to really focus on getting a really good handle on the weight before starting. I've also lowered the weight considerably on BB Rows to accommodate my erectors that have been stiff lately. To compensate, I really slowed the eccentric portion of the rep. I added a little extra volume today just because I felt as though my body could handle it.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool, ya know what your body needs better than anyone!! Back's my fave too.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed