Rodja's Cynostane Log-A New Direction - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Rodja's Cynostane Log-A New Direction

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

that reverse, inverted, RNC was outrageous.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Nice vid and updates man!! I'm nowhere near your level man, it's mostly just for fun now and cardio, but I like the bottom position, as long as someone is roughly my size. I can setup decent sweeps/traps form there to get me into positions where I can gnp, which is what I prefer, love trapping someone in a crucifix. It's usually a slow triangle or americana that lets me do this, while I have the one leg in lockdown. It also presents a good chance for a darce choke. Like I said though, I'm not any good, just enjoy it. Sure beats a treadmill. You have any pro plans in the future bud?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Nice vid and updates man!! I'm nowhere near your level man, it's mostly just for fun now and cardio, but I like the bottom position, as long as someone is roughly my size. I can setup decent sweeps/traps form there to get me into positions where I can gnp, which is what I prefer, love trapping someone in a crucifix. It's usually a slow triangle or americana that lets me do this, while I have the one leg in lockdown. It also presents a good chance for a darce choke. Like I said though, I'm not any good, just enjoy it. Sure beats a treadmill. You have any pro plans in the future bud?
    Maybe some grappling tournaments, but no fights for awhile. This semester is very rough and I don't have the time to devote 20+hours to train for a fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Good deal. Didn't know if you'd had any amateur ones yet or not. Hats off to you if you only need around 20hrs. notice before a fight, man, that's tough. Grappling is a good thing to work man, really improved my cardio among other things. Hope your semester goes well for ya bud!!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Good deal. Didn't know if you'd had any amateur ones yet or not. Hats off to you if you only need around 20hrs. notice before a fight, man, that's tough. Grappling is a good thing to work man, really improved my cardio among other things. Hope your semester goes well for ya bud!!
    I've had 7 pro fights; I usually train for 20+hours a week for a fight, but I have taken a fight the day before (I had 4 hours to make weight).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

've had 7 pro fights; I usually train for 20+hours a week for a fight, but I have taken a fight the day before (I had 4 hours to make weight).
    Very nice man!! I wasn't sure if you meant 20hrs of training as in before the fight or how much time you spent weekly, so thanks for clearing it up!! I used to do Toughman stuff, many moons ago, and I trained about the same amount of time. 4hrs to make weight is rough, your the man!! I took one on short notice once, and the little dude lit me up, it was like getting bit by 1000 mosquitos. Guy was crazy fast, but it felt like spitwads hitting me. Problem was, he was way to fast for me to land one. I hope your ma thing works out for ya bud, you seem very dedicated and well versed at it!!!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

7 pro fights, nice man! Takes some courage to get up there

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

so how does being on cycle and training mma feel, more explosive and aggressive hits and kicks,sence of alertness,and strength,in the holds and such,
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    so how does being on cycle and training mma feel, more explosive and aggressive hits and kicks,sence of alertness,and strength,in the holds and such,
    The main thing I have noticed has been faster muscle recovery while training (e.g. my forearms don't burn out). I haven't sparred, so I can't comment on its efficacy in that respect.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

10/2-Back

5 minutes elliptical

BB Rows-225x12, 245x12, 275x10
    Lat Pulls-200x12, 2x220x10
    HS Neutral Grip Rows-170x12, 180x12, 190x10
    Neutral Grip Pulls*-120x12, 140x12
    Cable Rows-180x15
    Hypers-2xBW+25x15, BW+45x12

DC Stretches

3 rounds bag drills

This was an odd session. Every now and then, I have one of those sessions where I don't feel 100%, yet I still have an amazing session. My head was a little fuzzy and this week has kicked my ass academically, but I still managed to have a fantastic session. My strength numbers are up to where they were in the Spring while using The One and my cardio has remained high during this cycle. I had a cramp in my left brachioradialis during the night, which is the first adverse effect I've had while using Cyno. Weight is still holding strong and the pumps are very strong. I start to get a quad pump while walking up a flight of stairs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

you and your freakishly disproportionate BB rows strength.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

Agreed, those are some heavy BB rows

//CC
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Yeah, I'm jealous of those BB rows, not gonna lie.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    10/2-Back

5 minutes elliptical

BB Rows-225x12, 245x12, 275x10
    Lat Pulls-200x12, 2x220x10
    HS Neutral Grip Rows-170x12, 180x12, 190x10
    Neutral Grip Pulls*-120x12, 140x12
    Cable Rows-180x15
    Hypers-2xBW+25x15, BW+45x12

DC Stretches

3 rounds bag drills

This was an odd session. Every now and then, I have one of those sessions where I don't feel 100%, yet I still have an amazing session. My head was a little fuzzy and this week has kicked my ass academically, but I still managed to have a fantastic session. My strength numbers are up to where they were in the Spring while using The One and my cardio has remained high during this cycle. I had a cramp in my left brachioradialis during the night, which is the first adverse effect I've had while using Cyno. Weight is still holding strong and the pumps are very strong. I start to get a quad pump while walking up a flight of stairs.
    Just a question. Concerning your cycle of The One, did you take time off after Spring which caused your strength to diminish? I noted where you stated that your strength is now back to where it was during your "One" run?

I was wondering if you took a break and lost a significant amount of strength after the Spring cycle?
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

10/3-Triceps/Delts/Traps

CG-245x10, 275x5, 280x3
    DB Shoulder Press-3x60x8
    Pressdowns/Side Laterals-160x15, 175x12, 175x12-drop-100x12/3x35x12
    Leaning Overhead Rope Ex/Facepulls-2x115x10, 115x10-drop-60x10/3x145x15
    DB Shrugs-3x110x10
    Overhead DB Ex-30x8-hold for 30 sec DC stretch
    Front Raises-40x20

DC Stretches

Solid session. I had a late start to the session because we've had some brutal rain here the past few days, so I wasn't able to do core. However, I was able to fly through my session because my inter-set recovery is so high right now. The pumps I'm getting are ridiculous to the point where they feel like they're about to cramp, especially in my triceps. DOMS has started to return, but I attribute that the less of time between sets and a slightly higher TUT.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Just a question. Concerning your cycle of The One, did you take time off after Spring which caused your strength to diminish? I noted where you stated that your strength is now back to where it was during your "One" run?

I was wondering if you took a break and lost a significant amount of strength after the Spring cycle?
    I was very inconsistent during the Summer with my training and I was also training for a couple of fights, which brings my weight training intensity down somewhat. I would say that my overall strength levels while using TO were the highest I've ever had. I would definitely say that I could have maintained 90% of the strength gains if I had been much more consistent with my training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Instead of lifting after class, I decided to go spar. After a couple of warm-up rounds, the real fun began. I did pretty well: I focused on timing on leg kicks and have incorporated front and side kicks lately. I have also been really focusing on timing my shots while sparring. I timed one perfectly - full changing of levels as my partner threw a right hand and I connected my hands. However, there was a problem: I didn't go for the trip in time and he sprawled out. As a result, I got this:

The worst part is that I landed on my own knee...I was Gonzaga'd.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

dang man... looks painful.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    dang man... looks painful.
    It actually didn't hurt that bad, but it slightly tore the skin under the eye.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

have you noticed any shutdown so far?
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

have you noticed any shutdown so far?
    Nope, only some mild acne and a small increase in aggression.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Can't wait to try this product. I've been with your log the whole while. I have a few for spring next year....

can't wait to see more results!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Can't wait to try this product. I've been with your log the whole while. I have a few for spring next year....

can't wait to see more results!
    Running it as a recomp would be ideal, IMO. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's very similar to a more anabolic MOHN. It's not going to blow you up, but you'll gain a solid 5-7 lbs and see a drop in BF.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Haha, Gonzaga'd, nice!! Not nice that it happened to you tough. Anyways, good updates man!! A front push kick can be nice sometimes, as well as side kicks if you can time em' right. Keep up the good work man!!
  25. Advanced Member

hey man--i've been stalking your log for a bit since I'm logging this too and I couldn't agree more with you that this would be a perfect recomp PH. I've been literally eating everything in sight under the impression it was more like SD or something and I've been slimming around the waist still haha. anyway, great work here bro!
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

To celebrate the new hockey season:

By far the most nervous I've ever been for any sporting event.

10/6-Chest/Biceps

Dips BW+90x6, BW+115X2 (failed on third rep)
    Incline DB Press-3x80x8
    Flat Flys/Cambered Curls-3x50x12/95x10, 2x105x8
    DB Curls-3x50x8
    HS Incline Press-2x100x10
    Uni HS Preacher Curls-55x15, 60x12
    Crossovers-60x15, 70x12, 70x12-drop-40x12
    High Crossover Curls-2x50x12, 50x12-drop-30x12

DC Stretches

This was an amazing training session. The pump I had in my chest was amongst the better pumps that I've ever had and my strength was also very high. I tore through all of my sets and had much more left in the tank, but I was starting to get hungry. My weight is up to 206 and I'm on the home stretch of the cycle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Question: I've been taking a natty t-booster for a while, and as you say have been finding lots of energy still left in the tank. does it necessarily hurt me to keep going to I'm tired, and sore, and dead?
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Question: I've been taking a natty t-booster for a while, and as you say have been finding lots of energy still left in the tank. does it necessarily hurt me to keep going to I'm tired, and sore, and dead?
    That's one of those fine-line issues. Some people have the CNS to handle huge amounts of volume and some don't. Personally, I like to listen to my body and keep going until I'm completely gassed. I'm also a huge proponent of staggered volume.

BTW, shoot me your addy again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    To celebrate the new hockey season:

By far the most nervous I've ever been for any sporting event.

10/6-Chest/Biceps

Dips BW+90x6, BW+115X2 (failed on third rep)
    Incline DB Press-3x80x8
    Flat Flys/Cambered Curls-3x50x12/95x10, 2x105x8
    DB Curls-3x50x8
    HS Incline Press-2x100x10
    Uni HS Preacher Curls-55x15, 60x12
    Crossovers-60x15, 70x12, 70x12-drop-40x12
    High Crossover Curls-2x50x12, 50x12-drop-30x12

DC Stretches

This was an amazing training session. The pump I had in my chest was amongst the better pumps that I've ever had and my strength was also very high. I tore through all of my sets and had much more left in the tank, but I was starting to get hungry. My weight is up to 206 and I'm on the home stretch of the cycle.
    Nice dips you got there man Btw, how many day do you have left on cycle?

//CC
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Nice dips you got there man Btw, how many day do you have left on cycle?

//CC
    Sunday will be my last day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

The most underrated MMAist ever; has arguably accomplished more than any other fighter to this point in MMA.

10/9-Back

BB Rows-245x12, 275x10, 285x8
    Wide Lat Pulls-200x10, 2x220x8
    DB Rows-120x12, 130x12, 140x10+5
    Pullovers-2x70x10
    Underhand Pulls-140x12, 160x12

DC Stretches

I destroyed my lats with this session. Huge contractions and M-M connection that led to one of the best pumps I've had in my lats in a long time. I started a little slow because I was really tired, but I did some light cardio to get the blood flowing. It was only 5 minutes, but it was enough to wake up my brain. I love to train back and it has always been one of my stronger muscle groups (I'm pretty sure that there's a high correlation here).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

You going to give a final review or will that be after your PCT and all?
    You've been running a great log

//CC
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

A strong back helps a ton for mma. Good updates, and I like Hendo as well.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    You going to give a final review or will that be after your PCT and all?
    You've been running a great log

//CC
    I'll update my last session today and then run my final review within the nest couple of days. It will be a very comprehensive review from all angles.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

looking forward to it.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

looking forward to it.
    ditto
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

great hendo vid.
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

10/11-Delts/Triceps/Traps

HS Shoulder Press-100x12, 110x10, 125x5
    CG-245x10, 275x6, 285x4
    Lying Ex/Seated Laterals-85x10, 2x90x8/35x12, 2x40x10
    Rope Pressdowns/Facepulls-2x115x12, 115x12-drop-70x12/3x145x15
    Smith Shrugs-315x12, 365x10, 405x8 (PR)
    DB Upright Rows-25x15, 30x15

DC Stretches

Simple way to describe this: F'ing Amazing. Last session on Cyno and it rocked in every sense possible. Aggression was high, pump was awesome, and my strength was phenomenal. Final observations are coming soon, which will include both qualitative and quantitative measurements.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

FINAL REVIEW

I'm going to split this is up into two separate categories: qualitative and quantitative.

First, the quantitative:

Weight
    +7 lbs (196 to 203); BF not measured, but did not visibly change
    Strength
    Dips+10 lbs
    CG+10 lbs
    HS Shoulder Press+25 lbs
    DB Rows+15 lbs

Ancillary lifts were also up in reps

Now, the qualitative (1-10 scale, 10 being very high):

Shutdown
    2/10: the level of shutdown on this is by far the lowest of any DS/AAS I have used. Barely any testicular atrophy with the only noticeable effect was more "watery" semen.
    Acne/Skin
    3/10: there was a mild increase in facial/shoulder acne, but nothing substantial. The main thing I did notice was more oil on more forehead later in the day, but not to the point where I looked as though I had just been
    buffed.
    Libido
    5/10: there was very little effect on libido or erections while using this.
    Aggression
    4/10: there was some increase in this, but it was not consistent nor extreme. 1T and The One really, really increased my aggression, but Cyno only did on occasion and it was for a much shorter duration. When I did notice an increase, it was more of an "in the zone" feeling than an overall wanting to hurt people feeling.
    Pumps/M-M Connection
    8/10: this was one of the high points of this product. I had amazing, almost cramp-like pumps while using this particularly on extension exercises (e.g. pressdowns, dips). Even muscles that I don't always feel (e.g. rear delts) were much "active" while training.
    Recovery (Intra-set and Overall)
    Intra-set-9/10: I was able to train at a much faster clip and to add reps especially towards the end when I do higher-rep exercises. Even drop-sets were not overly killer and taxing.
    Overall-9/10: this is the high point of Cyno. I added volume and drop-sets to almost every session and I still would only have DOMS for about 36 hours. As noted earlier in the log, this was very noticeable while grappling as my forearms didn't burn-out even while working very grip-dependent chokes. I think that implementing a routine around rest-pause would be awesome while using this

Overall
    7/10: this really reminded me of MOHN (pre-'05 ban), but it was much more anabolic. I personally like more androgenic effects in my AAS, but this would be an ideal complementary piece for recomping. In fact, the next time that I use this will be for a recomp in the Spring.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  40. Senior Member

Rodja,
    Did you stay at 30mg? Are you going to try and up dosage next time? Great log/review!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need some direction PLS
    By USMCDOC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. I need direction Please!
    By agforest in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
  3. New to this... and I need some direction
    By Bite Me in forum Supplement Logs