Gettin' Focused on Gettin' Big with SNS

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
First of all I would like to thank Serious Nutrition Solutions for giving me the opportunity to try out these products. They ran a contest giving away stacks and although I wasn't one of the two originally chosen they decided to pick some additional people to extend opportunities to so I am excited to be a part of it!

I ended up receiving some Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Focus XT! Two products I have pumped to try and they must have read my mind on what I need right now to achieve my goals....get bigger! Especially the Creatine Chelate gets me excited as I have tried a few other top creatine names and had good results, but nothing extraordinary.

I have pretty much been trying to clean bulk all summer but strayed from my diet due to working endless hours at work. However, I am back at school now for my senior year (almost time to enter the real world) and am getting back on track. Odd enough, I live and eat healthier in college than I do at home!

Will probably begin taking everything tomorrow and hitting the gym again Wednesday so stay tuned. I do have a few questions though. Should I dose Focus XT pre-WO and twice a day and even on non-WO days? Also, I am currently taking Jack3d. Is this supposed to yield similar effects or would stacking both work even better? I understand the effects Jack3d has on me so I will still be able to provide insight on the additional effects of the XT.

Anyways, I am excited to kick my senior year off and this made it even better. :147:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to following along. I'm here to help any way I can.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on getting the chance to run this one, will be following along!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Looks interesting. Sub'd.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for following along.

Anyone have any insight to my questions regarding using Jack3d and Focus XT?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Jacked and focus XT will be way to much stim i think. I am pretty tolerant to stims but Focus XT always wakes me up and gets me going.
I LOVE IT! You will(should) feel very aware, memory tends to increase over time, taste is phenominal, i think its one of the best and most promising supps i've ever used.
I use it in the a.m. for school or at night to study.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Should I dose Focus XT pre-WO and twice a day and even on non-WO days? Also, I am currently taking Jack3d. Is this supposed to yield similar effects or would stacking both work even better? I understand the effects Jack3d has on me so I will still be able to provide insight on the additional effects of the XT.

QUOTE]

Thanks for following along.

Anyone have any insight to my questions regarding using Jack3d and Focus XT?
Focus XT is to be used as needed. You dont have to use it everyday, and you definately dont have to use it twice per day.

Try it some pre-workout and see what you think. You can also use it before other times that you would need increased mental alertness, etc.

Taking Jack3d would be wayyyy overkill stim wise, and it would make it impossible to do a fair review of the product.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. As of right now I plan on dosing it around 7:30am on Tuesday and Thursday as I have a 8am Operations class and these are non-WO days. So, Wednesday I will try it pre-WO and see how it goes! Will put Jack3d on the shelf for when this is all said and done with.

I have been reading a lot of logs/reviews on the product and am pretty excited to try it out especially with quarter fully loaded with classes, especially the early morning one.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 1:

Took the first dose of Focus XT and the Creatine this morning with breakfast. Let me start off by saying I got barely any sleep last night with the schedule adjustment from summer party mode to 8am classes. Took the first dose around 7:30am. Here is my reactions thus far -- going to keep this simple.

TASTE: 10/10
I got the blue raspberry flavor and it is awesome! Mixed it with about 12 ounces of water and it is definitely something I could throw some ice in and drink as a refreshment.

MIXABILITY: 10/10
Couple shakes in my shaker and was perfectly mixed. Has a little froth to it that tastes just as good but no chunks or issues here.

ENERGY: 6/10
This is probably an unfair assessment due to lack of sleep. I probably was expecting a pre-WO type rush but really felt nothing at all. A little ways into my first class (boring) around 9:00am I realized I was still awake when I would probably normally be drooling on a desk so kudos there. However, by the time I got home at noon I was ready to take a nap (and still am). However, this is NOT the sole purpose of this product, merely an added bonus so not really a negative. It does make me slightly disappointed to use it as a pre-WO as I usually like more energy but I am going to do that here in approx. an hour so I will re-update.

FOCUS: 7/10
Also an unfair assessment as of now due to lack of sleep but wanted to comment anyways. When I realized half way through my first class I was not only awake but listening to the professor it must have quite the effects. :147: Once again, will update this post-workout and in the future with more than 3-4 hours of sleep.

Overall I didn't get any real "feeling" that I was consciously noticing. These realizations are all in retrospect but I believe this to be the nature of the product. More focus and more energy without knowing it is working -- more an addition to yourself in day-to-day life.

Take this with a grain of salt though -- first scoop, first day -- it did its job when facing the adversity I threw at it and this product may very well be the reason alone I pass this 8AM class, haha.

Too early to comment on the creatine. No stomach pains that it says some may get though.

Off to the gym...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Stomach issues with MCC would be rare. It would involve someone being super sensitive to magnesium.

As for the focus, you are correct in that it is not meant to be compared to pre workout 'energy' drinks. The feeling with it is more of a focused feeling rather than an all out energy one.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: Post-WO

I won't go into the whole spiel again but mainly wanted to comment on one thing. Took approx. 30 minutes pre-WO today and I am impressed. The focus I had in the gym was amazing! It is the first week of class and our university gym is STACKED with people. Everyone gets on this workout kick when they get to college -- lots of kids doing things they shouldn't be doing; going to hurt themselves -- but that is another topic.

Basically, over the summer I worked out at a gym where there were usually only a couple people in there and I loved it. It was like my own gym. This contrast was completely different coming back to working out with 40+ people. Plus, I lose focus easily in these situations and end up "people-watching". Sorry, I am that jackass staring at you -- don't mean to. :laugh2:

But, with Focus XT I was in the zone and there for one reason. It wasn't an earth shattering workout or anything since I was worn out, but I definitely felt the focus and didn't give a **** about nor notice anyone else in there. Focus was a 10/10 in the gym today for sure.

As far as the creatine goes, didn't get tired at all. I didn't work out as hard as I do normally due to not wanting to wait a half hour for half of the equipment but I wasn't slacking either. Only day one -- good sign of things to come? :)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good start man! I should be getting my Focus XT soon, cant wait to try it!

Glad you liked the raspberry, im def. gonna get that one. Fan favorite for sure!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Good start man! I should be getting my Focus XT soon, cant wait to try it!

Glad you liked the raspberry, im def. gonna get that one. Fan favorite for sure!
By all means get some -- the taste is phenomenal.

Got a little more sleep last night. Hittin' some back and shoulders today. Hopefully there will be less of a fury in the gym. I'm pumped. :head:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say I might be addicted to Focus already -- I think I want to take it before everything I do. :p

I will update in a few hours on how day two is going!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Two:

Dosed: 1 scoop Focus XT 1:00pm pre-WO 3xMCC
1 scoop Focus XT 6:30pm
3xMCC 9:45pm

TASTE and MIXABILITY remain the same.

ENERGY:5/10
Although the focus is amazing, I am not really getting any type of energy from this product that is noticeable. It seems that sometimes I do and sometimes I don't so I am sure this number will change daily. This is not a final review of the product!

FOCUS:9/10
Had another super focused work out today. Although the effects seemed to dwindle down towards the end of it I still got it done in the gym today! Once again, felt as though I was in there for one reason and one reason only and did not pay attention to anyone else but my own work out. This alone is amazing especially for myself. The second dose of the day was for my 7:00-9:00 class. Didn't really feel all that focused but there was a lot of good lookin' girls in the class. :147:

Did shoulders and back tonight. The few that I remember -- not in the order performed. I have no idea what the machines are called in the gym so I'll do my best to describe the exercise :laugh2:.

BB Rows: 135x10, 145x10, 155x8
DB Bent Over Rows: 80x10, 85x8, 90x3f, 85x6
Machine Trap/Bi Pulldowns: 90x10, 160x10, 180x8, 200x6, 230x2f
Machine Pull/Row: 90x10, 160x10, 180x8, 200x6
BB Military Press (at end of WO): 95x10, 115x8, Failed to get 135
Some Ab work

Weight at end of WO: 181.6

I know I did some more stuff but mind is elsewhere right now. The creatine seems to be doing its job and doing it well -- not tiring throughout the workouts. Going to test this stuff out tomorrow for sure -- leg day!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wanted to say I might be addicted to Focus already -- I think I want to take it before everything I do. :p

I will update in a few hours on how day two is going!
lol dude that how i was when i had watermelon xtend

wanted to drink that **** all day

instead i stick with crystal lite, cant drink water without it (kinda sad lol)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just wanted to chime in about the energy part of Focus - this isnt the type of product to compare to a stim or something like Jack3d; it is meant to be more subtle because the applications of the product are meant to be diverse through the day.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to chime in about the energy part of Focus - this isnt the type of product to compare to a stim or something like Jack3d; it is meant to be more subtle because the applications of the product are meant to be diverse through the day.
Yes, I am fully aware of this and not comparing it to a stim any longer. I am just rating it as any added energy or alertness it gives me beyond my natural state. Just trying to give an honest review.

However, I should say that I have a HIGH tolerance to stims. Some say 1-2 scoops of Jack3d makes them feel horrible -- 3 is just getting me awake. I can throw down a couple energy drinks back to back and feel fine. I have a really high tolerance to stims so as far as that goes could be my lack of -- as most other logs I have read they did feel a boost in energy.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Nice log Kevin. Focus XT sounds amazing, very versatile product.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
DAY 3:

Ended up waking up at 7:50am for my 8:10am class -- the time I usually leave the house and start walking. Needless to say I barely had time to put pants on let alone take my Focus or MCC.

However, I did dose both pre-WO at about 2pm. Leg day!

As far as the creatine is going -- I am really seeing the effects. Not tiring in the gym a bit and trust me I am pushing it. Feel stronger. Feel better all around. Plus, I don't have to drink some nasty creatine **** -- merely pop three capsules. Combination of the two products I am sure. Still completely focused in the gym after Focus XT. This product ALONE is worth its use to me -- it is something I have a big problem with. P

Basically just did some deadlifts and individual leg press with some cardio at the end.

DL: 135x10 warm up, 185x10, 225x6, 275x2 lost grip -- dont use straps, 225x5x2
Individual Leg Press: 4 plates and 1 25 per leg x 10 x 3
Calf Raises on Leg Press: 4 plates x 15 x 3
10 min. run on treadmill - med pace

Overall felt great. :147:

Motivation is this -- all over campus this time of year. :privateeye:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, I am fully aware of this and not comparing it to a stim any longer. I am just rating it as any added energy or alertness it gives me beyond my natural state. Just trying to give an honest review.

However, I should say that I have a HIGH tolerance to stims. Some say 1-2 scoops of Jack3d makes them feel horrible -- 3 is just getting me awake. I can throw down a couple energy drinks back to back and feel fine. I have a really high tolerance to stims so as far as that goes could be my lack of -- as most other logs I have read they did feel a boost in energy.
Good information about the tolerence levels.

I completely understand that rating part, I just wanted to make sure you were expecting the right response for it and that people reading were looking for the right thing from it. Being that it is for the mental alertness aspect of things, delivering too much energy would kind of go against the primary function of the product.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Being that it is for the mental alertness aspect of things, delivering too much energy would kind of go against the primary function of the product.
That is a great explanation as when I have too much energy I am all over the damn place. I am pretty sensitive to stims, but I am intrigued by Focus XT. Any samples available by chance?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is a great explanation as when I have too much energy I am all over the damn place. I am pretty sensitive to stims, but I am intrigued by Focus XT. Any samples available by chance?
I am the same way. I think that stims definately have a time and a place, but they arent exactly for great 'focus' - i think the key is to have just enough without it being overkill.

We are hoping to have samples in the future, but dont at this time though.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Being that it is for the mental alertness aspect of things, delivering too much energy would kind of go against the primary function of the product.
That is a very good point actually and I never thought about it that way -- maybe I am an energy junkie. :paranoid:

Missed my second serving of creatine last night but oh well. Popping a dose of both and off to the gym now..

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Four:

Pretty much the same as the other days. Focus was not QUITE as good in the gym today but I wasn't feeling the best neither so I would give it a 8/10 today.

The creatine is rocking. I am busting ass in the gym and not feeling tired. It is awesome. Look bigger in the mirror but weighed down a pound today at 180.6. Kind of disappointing but I am eating cleaner than over the summer so could be why. Going to try and shove even more food in my mouth. :)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am the same way. I think that stims definately have a time and a place, but they arent exactly for great 'focus' - i think the key is to have just enough without it being overkill.

We are hoping to have samples in the future, but dont at this time though.
samples would kick ass!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Five & Six:

Saturday was an off WO day and a recover from Friday night day. I did pop some Focus XT just as an experiment. I ended up reading a whole Business Week magazine -- I can really see the effects of this stuff when doing things you normally would get ADD with. I will probably have a lot more homework in classes this week and am ready to put this stuff to the test outside of the gym.

I will keep you updated -- back in the gym tomorrow.

Also, I am coming down with a nasty cold. Felt like complete **** yesterday and although a little better today -- definitely not well. I don't feel like eating but am going to make myself because I don't want to end up losing weight. Hopefully it dies out by tomorrow. Going to pop some DayQuil and watch my Bengals whip ass.

WHO DEY!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 7:

My Bengals got fluked out a W! Oh well!

Still not feeling 100% but decided to hit the gym anyway today for some chest and tri. Working out when I am a little under the weather always makes me feel better so I don't usually take time off.

I have to say the Magnesium Creatine Chelate is getting a 10/10 right now. Make sure you have a spotter when using this stuff -- it makes you feel like you can lift all day. I noticed this especially today. My muscles simply do not feel tired even though you can tell when you are wearing down. Through my whole work out I never get that burn out feeling and it allows me keep going and going. This brings on a mental aspect as well -- if your muscles don't feel tired you don't tell your brain your tired which could equal one more rep, one more set, etc. Lovin' it.

I noticed another thing about the Focus XT today. Beyond focus -- it gives you drive. I was sitting at my computer browsing AM about 45 min. pre-WO and took some Focus XT. A couple minutes later I was looking for jobs online, checking what HW was due tomorrow...WTF? :D I think if you took this everyday you couldn't help but get **** done! Same focus in the gym as well -- just makes me feel good.

So far -- loving both products.

Weight was 180.8 today. Still need to shove more food in my mouth!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah dude Focus XT is very good for studying too, a lot of people use it for that, I definitely will be!

You feeling better?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Feel better Kevin! Both products seem to be treating you very well!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
You feeling better?

Feel better Kevin! Both products seem to be treating you very well!
Thanks! I feel lot better today. Still not feeling amazing but taking a lot of Tylenol Cold to combat whatever is going around campus.

Day Eight:

Got up in time today, 6:30am, for my 8am class unlike last time. Gulped down my breakfast bulk shake I am taking in the morning now from the Recipes section. This cleaner eating is taking its tole on my mental growth as every time I get on the scale the weight is down even though I am eating a **** ton more food -- but I can see that I am leaner. Dosed both MCC and Focus at around 7:30 and headed off to class. Focus XT did not have quite as strong effects on me this morning -- be in the cold or what -- but I found myself dosing off in class.

Took both again pre-WO -- leg day! Moved it to Tuesday this week instead of Thursday as I will be doing my Friday WO Thursday because I am heading home to see a good friend before he heads overseas to Iraq (there will be some drinking going on -- but in this case it is okay :))

Anyways, back to the WO. Had good focus today despite the sniffles. Oh yeah, I guess I should mention that I finally hit my deadlift goal of 300. I was psyched. Felt like I could have even went heavier if the grip would have been there. Couldn't even budge that two weeks ago. I have only been working out my legs consistently for approx. a month and a half so I am very pleased with this so far. I guess I can thank SNS. :p

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where u go to school man? I start Tuesday

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Nine:

Back and shoulders in the gym today. Feeling better as far as being sick goes. Passed as my colds usually do in a few days...

Popped both MCC and Focus XT as usual before the workout today. Focus just wasn't as good as the previous gym visits. Caught myself doing old things and couldn't concentrate on the reason I was there -- could have had too many things on my mind but just didn't feel like I did other apps of the product. Hopefully this isn't building a tolerance and was merely an "off day" for me and XT.

The creatine is still doing its job. Not tiring through workouts. Did legs on Tuesday and had some crazy DOMS today. Really liking this stuff thus far.

Forgot to weigh myself to day but will update tomorrow.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ohio University

Where you headin'?
Oh im not starting as in freshman, lol. I mean we are about to start classes next week

In CA

Cal Poly

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Ten:

Good day today. Feeling better all around. Time to head home and wish my boy a proper goodbye before headin' overseas. :usa:

FOCUS XT:

I don't know if I am getting used to the product or not but I don't seem to feel the same "focus" I did before. Now, this is pre-WO for me. I still can't wait to use this product before I study. I am going to have a HEAVY homework load next week so I am really going to put this stuff to the test. Might work better for me for this purpose rather than for workouts, as explained earlier, I have a HEAVY tolerance to stims. Now, don't get me wrong, nothing about this product says it is a pre-WO supplement. I am just trying to cover all the bases someone might buy it for and give honest feedback.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate

I am really diggin' this product. Today I worked out the bis and arms and I must have done a thousand sets trying to burn out. :18: It is insane the endurance I have in the gym now. I can only compare it to the cycle of H-drol I did. Now, not the weight or strength gains, but the endurance is solid.

Today's Weight: 181.8 Gained a little back.

Probably won't be reporting much this weekend so I'll update Monday. :147:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 14:

Woo. What a weekend -- was a good time. Ended up going out Saturday night and got into a little scuffle with a guy who pushed my best friends wife. I feel kind of bad now but guy was well deserving. Almost got into some police trouble but the entire bar backed up my story -- was a relief. Lets just say my hand hurts really bad.

Anyways, had a pretty crappy workout today due to the cheat weekend. Took both Focus XT and MCC pre-WO today. Focus wasn't quite as pronounced as normal but I also worked out with my roommate today so spent more time talking about the weekend than focusing on the weights. Still have great endurance in the gym.

My workload this week is ridiculous so I can't wait to put Focus XT to the test for some paper-writing and study sessions.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been following your log and I know you are running a review for Focus XT but
when you take the same stim supplement everyday before a workout I guarentee
that after 7-10 days of running the same stim your body will build a tolerence to the
ingredients and it won't work as good as the first few times you used it. I have 6 different stim supps that I rotate and they each have different ingredients so that I
don't get use to the ingredients. I might use one stim today and I might go 2 weeks
before I use that same stim again and thats what I always recommend to other people I help train. I will continue following your log because I am interested in trying Focus Xt
in the future as a preworkout supplement.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I have been following your log and I know you are running a review for Focus XT but
when you take the same stim supplement everyday before a workout I guarentee
that after 7-10 days of running the same stim your body will build a tolerence to the
ingredients and it won't work as good as the first few times you used it. I have 6 different stim supps that I rotate and they each have different ingredients so that I
don't get use to the ingredients. I might use one stim today and I might go 2 weeks
before I use that same stim again and thats what I always recommend to other people I help train. I will continue following your log because I am interested in trying Focus Xt
in the future as a preworkout supplement.
Right on -- and I perfectly agree. This happens with everything -- especially to myself as I am very tolerant to stims. Thanks for following along! I think I am going to end up reviewing this on two bases; the focus it gives me pre-WO and the focus for studying/accomplishing tasks. That way, people can get an honest feedback because those two things really are completely different. It is not like I would take Jack3d before I study -- but this product works perfect for that use. That is the direction I am heading with the log.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right on -- and I perfectly agree. This happens with everything -- especially to myself as I am very tolerant to stims. Thanks for following along! I think I am going to end up reviewing this on two bases; the focus it gives me pre-WO and the focus for studying/accomplishing tasks. That way, people can get an honest feedback because those two things really are completely different. It is not like I would take Jack3d before I study -- but this product works perfect for that use. That is the direction I am heading with the log.
How many days do you workout? I would probably use focux xt or jacked only 4x a week at most so i didnt build up a tolerance

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
How many days do you workout? I would probably use focux xt or jacked only 4x a week at most so i didnt build up a tolerance
Normally 4 days a week -- so only use them 4x a week. However, some weeks I have used Focus XT more than that due to its other uses. Maybe I should cut down...:)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 Study Session:

Took another scoop of Focus XT last night to accomplish some work. It is funny -- because I really felt no effects -- but I got a huge load of work accomplished in about an hour. I was focused and didn't get distracted until I was finished with my work. Usually I would end up looking at something else on the internet or browsing Facebook -- but I got all the work done.

Only downside is I got absolutely no sleep due to taking it so late at night -- apparently it gives me more energy than I thought. :p

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 14 Study Session:

Took another scoop of Focus XT last night to accomplish some work. It is funny -- because I really felt no effects -- but I got a huge load of work accomplished in about an hour. I was focused and didn't get distracted until I was finished with my work. Usually I would end up looking at something else on the internet or browsing Facebook -- but I got all the work done.

Only downside is I got absolutely no sleep due to taking it so late at night -- apparently it gives me more energy than I thought. :p
Best type of focus is the one you dont realize until you have finished what you are doing!

Yeah whenever I take addy and stims at night i gotta take sleeping pills to go to bed

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 Study Session:

Tuesday was an off day as far as working out. I took both doses of creatine and ran about a mile but other than that no activity.

I did, however, end up taking a scoop of Focus XT around 6:00pm and went to work on writing a paper I had been dreading on Latin America and working on some complicated case study for a Personal Finance class. I did not quite hold the level of focus I had the night before but I got all of the work done -- it just took a little longer. I felt it allowed me to stare at a problem longer looking for a solution before getting frustrated and quitting.

Focus XT is really getting me through my huge workload this week. Also, no lack of sleep last night as it must have worn off by the time I went to bed around 1:30am.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Day Sixteen:

Had a nice workout today. Worked out the shoulders and back. Trying to cut down on the exercises/sets I do -- think I might be over training sometimes. Felt stronger today. Endurance is still there -- which I am contributing to the SNS creatine.

Some of the notable lifts -- not entire workout:

BB Bent Rows: 135x8, 145x8, 165x5
BB Military Press: 95x8, 115x6, 135x3f PR
BB Shrugs: 225x8x2, 245x6

Magnesium Creatine Chelate is beginning to prove itself to be the real deal.

The only thing I can say about Focus XT is it may not be an effective pre-WO for me due to my tolerance to stims. For studying and getting things done it has proved great. Not really noticing any effects during a WO though -- not even much "focus". This is most notably due to my taking it more than 4x a week for its dual usage. I may bump it off of pre-WO use if anyone from SNS wants to comment on that.

DBee

DBee

Awards
Day Sixteen:

Had a nice workout today. Worked out the shoulders and back. Trying to cut down on the exercises/sets I do -- think I might be over training sometimes. Felt stronger today. Endurance is still there -- which I am contributing to the SNS creatine.

Some of the notable lifts -- not entire workout:

BB Bent Rows: 135x8, 145x8, 165x5
BB Military Press: 95x8, 115x6, 135x3f PR
BB Shrugs: 225x8x2, 245x6

Magnesium Creatine Chelate is beginning to prove itself to be the real deal.

The only thing I can say about Focus XT is it may not be an effective pre-WO for me due to my tolerance to stims. For studying and getting things done it has proved great. Not really noticing any effects during a WO though -- not even much "focus". This is most notably due to my taking it more than 4x a week for its dual usage. I may bump it off of pre-WO use if anyone from SNS wants to comment on that.
Nice lifts - just curious, are you performing BB Military Press standing or seated?

Also,

You may need a little break from Focus XT if you're building up a tolerance. If you're no longer really feeling it pre-workout I would discontinue use for a little while.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Nice lifts - just curious, are you performing BB Military Press standing or seated?

Also,

You may need a little break from Focus XT if you're building up a tolerance. If you're no longer really feeling it pre-workout I would discontinue use for a little while.
BB Military Press is seated. Does it change anything when doing it standing? Never really tried it since the gym has the military bench.

Also, I may bump it off Focus a bit then continue and see if I notice any changes.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for lack of updates -- been super busy. Will update tomorrow.