Glycobol - Questions/Observations
- 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Glycobol - Questions/Observations
I have been through a full bottle of Glycobol and would appreciate any feedback and/or answers for certain questions that have popped up.
- Seems to me...after taking gylcobol at times I seem to crave more carbs. I usually only have 110g a day at most - is it possible that this supp increases carb cravings? I keep carbs lower during the day - possibly eat more carbs earlier? I have these heavy carb cravings late at night and I am wondering if glycobol could cause this?
- I notice an increase in transit time, bowel movement and volume within 12 hours or so after consuming a large carb meal combined with gylcobol. Can or does this supplement dispose of carbs quicker in addittion to storing them? My diet is fairly high in fiber(40-45g) but the volume always increases on a high carb day...even if they are non fibrous carbs
- It seem as though the more carbs I eat the more effective the supplement and weight loss is - how can this be. I have eaten out a few times and really indulged on sugary deserts(one was a dessert trio from Outback Incredible to the tune of 2720 calories shared - I usually take 2 gylcobol 30 minutes before to help mop up all the carbs. After about 24 hours i seemed to be thinner and look more ripped. Can anyone shed any light on this scenario?
I have quickly found this to be a staple in my supplement arsenal but just would like to know everything about it. I love being able to enjoy carbs again and it seems the more carbs I eat the better my body composition gets. I don't know if it is from going to pretty low carbs - 75-100 and then going up to about 150ish a day. I have read allot on the glut 4 which this supplement relates to but not sure exactly how it works as far as supercomposition. I have a tough time wrapping my head around the fact that consuming more calories can aid in losing weight. Any and all comments and answers are welcome.
- 08-20-2009, 01:57 PM
The key thing to remember is this product promotes a lowering of sugar in ones blood, so eating sugary foods will cause a "full" look, also glycobol disposes glucose, so all that sugar goes bye-bye lol. Keep studying, you will see a curious mind pays off.doing my own thang!
- 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I appreciate the quick response...it seems like I can eat such a high level of carbs and the higher I eat the better body comp gets. Today for example I ate so many carbs...maybe from over training or stress not sure...anyway about 100 grams(Kashi Cereal 24 grams of carbs/5 grams fiber) so far which is high for me...that is usually a days worth. However i know when I do this there is nothing to fear...within a day or so I will notice that my body comp looking great. I do walk quite (25 mi a week) a bit and lift (5days a week) as well. When I work out the water from the carbs leaves and I looked more dry and ripped than ever.
08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I am noticing the same thing. I am extremely carb sensitive but I have been experimenting with Glycobol and I have the same results. I can eat way more carbs but I am actually getting leaner - it is not just that I am not getting fatter. I am losing inches around my waist. It is awesome.
I have a question if it is not going to piss off Aviad....................
what are consequences of dosing Glycobol and waiting an hour to eat. Will this lessen the positive effects of how it disposes glycogen and also lesson how it blocks the carbs conversion to fat, add to them, not matter, or depend on the person?
thank you Aviad for your feed back. I see the same results and we seem to eat the same way too.
08-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I appreciate your response...looking forward to seeing the answers to your questions. I have a few more of my own for anyone who can shed light...I love to know everything about what I am taking
- Scenario 1 - Lets say you take 1 gylcobol because of the carbs in a meal and realize 2 might be ideal...maybe dessesrt comes into the picture. If 1 pill has already been taken how would the second pill taken during a meal effect things? Would this pill be ineffective as you now has started to digest food?
- To expand on Rike's question how long is one pill effective/until you have to take another. At times I will take a pill then something will come up that will delay the meal. By the time I get around to eating I feel like I should take another...
- ...and what happens to that glycobol pill if no food is ingested? Do the anti-oxidant capabilities of the supplement take over instead of nutrient disposal?
- How about those pesky sugar alcohols...what does gylcobol do with them...same as carbs...no effect? They are in so many protein bars and I still count them as carbs...may snack on them before bed and was wondering if there is any effect.
- I am aware that glycobol taken before bed is a good idea for gh release. Lets say you have carbs but dose with glycobol appropriately. Can you still look forward to the elevated gh release at bed time...will the supplement do the job?
Any answers and observations are welcome. I love the supplement and love to learn more about it. I have read so many posts on various sites and appreciate all info on the subject.
08-24-2009, 11:49 PM
08-25-2009, 12:00 AM
scenario 2: 1-2 caps, choose whether you want to go 1 or 2 30 minutes prior to a meal. Taking during will not do anything except create stomach problems LOL.
3: Yes one will get the anti-oxidative properties from not taking in food, it will also deplete triglycerides from the blood, lowering your blood sugar, which is great for trying to stay in glucongeniuos and building insulin sensitivity.
4: Sugar alcohol is SUGAR LOL, its carbs plain and simple. Eating prior to bed is no good for proper GH release, which results in fat loss, muscle gain, testosterone production and recovery.
5: Simple NO LOL ahahahahaahahahaha, keep em coming, I love answering questions.
doing my own thang!
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you for the quick answers Andrew732 and thanks Aviads for those great questions and for letting me add mine!
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
sorry my question doesn't flow with the thread, but does glycobol need to be cycled, does it lose effectiveness the longer you take it?
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
08-25-2009, 04:21 PM
and remember glut4 translocation plays a part in diabetes if this translocator or any of the glucose transport pathways are damaged or not functioning properly your at a greeater risk of diabetes
08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
08-25-2009, 04:24 PM
another tangent perhaps but why does the label recommend not exceeding 4 caps per day? what are the potential consequences of taking more than 4 within a 24 hour period?
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
yea think about it,
they have reccommended dosing on a lot of things
main thing to think about is RDA athletes need more then the RDA but the ADA just thinks they know everything
why so much controversy on keto diets? because they work and when every one discovers how it will correct SOOO many health problems the ADA will have no place any more, and the pharma companies will lose money on drugs , and the amount of people going to the doctor will be cut down
its for liability.
08-25-2009, 04:59 PM
i think i have some questions to add to this thread that goes in line with aviad's previous observations...
He noted that the more carbs he ate the more fat he loss, how is this so? I was under the assumption u take in about 25-30 grams per meal with glycobol to lose weight?
Can glycobol be used during strength routines to minimize fat gain while allowing muscle growth?
Does glycobol lead to glycogen absorption? Or does it burn up existing stored glycogen? And either way how does this lead to fat loss?
08-25-2009, 05:05 PM
by controling insulin your also alowing more malynol CoA to be formed which is the first commited step in fatty acid breakdown
insulin basically blocks fat loss process the less u secrete the more u burn. increasing insulin sensitivity allows for less insulin to do the same job thus creating an optimal enviroment both for growth (insulin is anabolic) and weight loss (lowering circulating insulin and blood sugar)
08-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I can tell you that I am eating more than double the carbs on Glycobol and I lost weight.
I mean no offense to Aviad by this remark, but I cannot speak to eating desserts like he has tried. I am lean year round but if I eat "normal" I will blow up.
I meant when I said I eat similar to Aviad in that I eat low carb nornmally and I eat a lot of fiber. I never ate so many carbs at one time - 100 grams or so at one meal - except for previously havinfg my "carb up meal" once every 10 days or so. With Glycobol I can eat carbs 2-3 times a day at 50-100 grams a meal and I am leaner and fuller.
This stuff works.
08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
08-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I love that this board is going...allot of good feedback and responses.
In response to Rike...I am always a low carb guy...even have trouble getting more than 35-40 grams of carbs post workout. Now I can easily hit double that and still look, feel and be leaner. What an incredible supplement.
I have read so many posts on this site and others about this supplement and can't see how this doesn't work for everyone. This is a supplement I don't see going without...ever. The benefits of R ALA are incredible...bodybuilding aside.
From experiance I can tell you the side effects of taking more than 4...more of a positive effect. My diet is pretty strict with the exception of eating out and recently I have felt much more comfortable with glycobol by my side. Although I don't have exact proof of this...everytime I had a very high carb/calorie meal...I always noticed fat loss in the day following. Maybe a cheat meal increase in leptin effect not sure but I can enjoy eating out without the guilt. I do have a few more questions:
- Before it was discontinued I used Glucophase XR by designer supplements which is similar to Glycobol. For some reason with this product I always noticed weight gain. My only guess was this...I used it frequently with cheat meals and I can only guess that this supplement stored things as fat more effeciently. Can this be true and can glycobol do the same?
- To expand on the previous question, is there any issue when eating carbs and fats and using gylcobol? From what I understand it stores all nutrients more effeciently...
- Since I am a low carb guy...when I wake up and only have lets say 30-40 grams of carbs(oatmeal) and lift an hour later, how many of those carbs will be used for energy. I know the brain and liver get first dibs when it comes to carbs so how many of those carbs will I be able to use for my workout...should I bump it up?
Any responses or comments are welcome...
08-25-2009, 11:59 PM
i've been on a re-comp ince Feb 2009. i've managed to drop 18lbs of fat and put on 12lbs of lean mass. my body weight is now at 200lbs. i am generally deadly strict with diet/training..although occasionally i do help myself to a cheat meal.
my current diet macros hover at 45g fat/180g carbs/300g protein (roughly 2650cal's). this is spread out along 7 meals a day. most of my carb intake is in the first 5 meals with the last two meals having very little carbs.
my question is...i've been thinking about upping the cal's by about 100-200(carbs) to fascilitate a bit more growth cos right now i am at around maintenence...would adding glycobol help with my recomp efforts even though my carb intake is kinda low???
it says to take glycobol with high carb meals..prefferably one serving AM and another before bed..my highest carb meals are the first three and my last PM meal probably has 5-10g carbs and i dont want to change that...so can i take two servings (2 caps each) with say meal 1 and another with meal 3??? there's a 5 hour gap between these two meals...
a gain in lean mass would be nice because i'm having trouble putting on muscle because of the caloric intake at the moment.. lbm increase was fast from like feb-june...but its come to a very very slow pace now....fat loss is part of things are going pretty decently with no slow down as such. sorry for the long post....hope the reps can point me in the right direction...been interested in this product for a while..but reps on other forums havn't really provided much info...
08-26-2009, 12:08 AM
doing my own thang!
08-26-2009, 12:15 AM
1. Glycobol will not store FAT, but definitely will store glycogen; hence allowing one to keep more weight.
2. NO issues at all.
3. LOL,one still uses all, the liver breaks it down as all food, but the glucons travel to the brain to help provide one with energy and testosterone production. I would still up the carbs to at least 100g preworkout, the more the better espcially in the morning.
doing my own thang!
08-26-2009, 12:21 AM
doing my own thang!
08-26-2009, 01:24 AM
08-26-2009, 01:26 AM
to be honest i would increase fats first, and cut your carbs to 3 meals instead of 5 and use the glycobol then
youll be surprised!
08-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Na-R-ALA has GREAT bioavailibity and half life as well, gots to love this form of ALA.
doing my own thang!
08-26-2009, 01:42 AM
08-26-2009, 01:50 AM
08-26-2009, 02:50 AM
also...how would glycobol work with something like vanadyl sulfate which also promotes more glycogen storage in the muscles? i've been using VS for about 4 weeks now just cos its cheap as chips..i figured it works..it works..if not..oh well..
i assume that glycobol+creatine would be a good combination as they would seem to compliment one another??? or am i totally off...man i've been lifting for 12 years...but been out of touch with all these new supps...its like learning to walk all over again..sorry for the noob Q's from a non-noob heh
08-26-2009, 03:04 AM
08-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Creatin and glycobol will compliment eachither verywell via the glut 4 pathway. Also glycobol contains bmov a mor bioavailable effective for of vanadyl
08-26-2009, 03:23 AM
you guys have been very helpfull. keeping an eye on this thread to learn more about this product...
08-26-2009, 03:29 AM
another quickie....what happens if you use glycobol for a while..reap all the benefits..and then stop taking it??? will you be able to retain all the lean mass you've gained from it ?? didnt see anyone asking this Q.
08-26-2009, 03:33 AM
08-26-2009, 03:35 AM
08-26-2009, 07:58 AM
That is the first time I have heard someone use the term "carb waster"...I have had the same thoughts but wasn't sure of how that happened.
I notice when I have a large carb meal (100 grams is really high for me) or a high carb day(in excess of 300grams). In my opinion the carbs that are unused seem to just go bye bye...meaning passed right through the body quickly and out the exit. Is this true...and if so how does the body/supplement know to get rid of them so quickly?
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
One question based on the day below...I know yet another question
(2 glycobol 30 minutes prior) 75 grams of carbs/35 grams protein
1.5 hours later - 10 mile walk/hike
(2 glycobol 30 minutes prior)chicken sandwich/sweet potato fries/extra bread...awesome!(100 grams of carbs/50ish protein/10 fat)
1/2 hour later - Insane lifting workout
I was under the impression that one should wait 1.5 hours at least to workout after eating. Why is it that I feel so great after eating out and then lifting...I would have to assume that during the lifting session I must still be digesting most of that food, but I had an incredible workout...could have gone for 2 hours.
Any and all questions/comments are welcome and appreciated...and thank you andrew732 for all your help.
Similar Forum Threads
- By jimmy32 in forum SupplementsReplies: 69Last Post: 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM
- By saggy321 in forum SupplementsReplies: 13Last Post: 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
- By totdis in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 9Last Post: 11-15-2005, 01:27 AM
- By ManBeast in forum PheromonesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:51 PM
- By DreamWeaver in forum AnabolicsReplies: 17Last Post: 04-14-2003, 11:30 AM