A Massive Controlled Labs Stack log

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll be running a nice log here of my results using Purple Wraath, Purple InTrain, White Flood, Blue Gene, Golden Finish, REDuction PM, and possibly Orange Triad.

PIMP!

I'll be doing judo 2 hours 3 times a week, and 20 minutes of weight training immediately before judo 3 times a week. Judo is rough on the body, and I find it easy to overtrain with this training schedule, so I am curious to see how recovery is on this whopping stack.

I've been using all of these for a couple days now, so I'll post my impressions so far when I have more time.

UKStrength

Crikey! Serious CL stack right there!

Have you used CL products before? If not, get ready for a BIG improvement with the wraath ;)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, UK! I've used Purple Wraath, Green Bulge, Orange Triad, Blue Gene, and Green Mag before. The rest are new to me.

I started taking these over last weekend, and monday was my first training session with then, Weds being my second.

I'm going to dose like this:

Non-workout days: first thing upon rising, 5 Blue Gene and a scoop of InTrain to get the beta alanine in. REDuction PM before bed.

Workout days: 5 Blue Gene, 1 scoop Wraath, 1 scoop InTrain, and 1 scoop White Flood depending on how I feel, all sipped from 6PM-6:45PM on my way to the gym and during my weight workout. I'll finish it all up just before judo at 7PM. After judo I'll dose Golden Finish, and REDuction PM before bed.

My impressions so far:

Blue Gene - I logged Blue Gene on my own already, and loved it, so I am extremely happy to be on it again. By my 3rd day I experienced a libido boost, and yesterday and today I'm feeling positive and a bit aggressive. The combination of Blue Gene and White Flood is potent, clear energy.

Purple Wraath - Mmm, lovely stuff! Taste is oddly good, gingerols rocks, lol. I get pumps from this stuff alone, and endurance and recovery are great. Staple stuff, for sure.

Purple InTrain - I'm not using it exactly as it should be used. I can't sip during judo. But the added Leucine can't hurt, glycine is great, and the whopping B12 dose with lots of beta alanine...can you say TINGLE? Holy mary! This stuff is VERY tasty, too.

White Flood - I've wanted to try this forever, so I'm very happy to finally be using it. The good: awesome focus and energy, great endurance, wicked pumps. For just energy, i think it's my favorite. The bad: 2 scoops is too much, given my 6pm dosing schedule. I don't think the caffeine is exceptionally high, probably 200mg or so; but the added thermogenics and nootropics linger LONG in the system. I'm not sure how the B12 in InTrain is adding to this effect, either. Why is this bad? I'm using 1 scoop, or a half serving, and not every workout as even that can keep me up. So it's economical for awesome energy and focus, but less so if I want all the pumps and endurance effects. Taste is merely OK, who the **** cares.

Golden Finish - Ahh, yes. First taste threw me off on Monday. Last night, the first sip hit the right tastebuds, and I REALLY enjoyed the tart, not too sweet taste, not too thick but not watery consistency, and I have no doubt I will benefit greatly from the nutritional profile. Good protein, carbs, fats, and micronutrients. I add in 10-20gr protein to boost it to 30-40gr total.

REDuction PM - Simple: 2 keeps me up, 1 knocks me out like a mothereffing light. Sleep is a coma, I wake up refreshed. Love it!

Overall Effects

I just came off a 10 day vacation, during which I lifted twice. Monday's judo was surprisingly good, though i felt a bit winded. Last night's workout and class were excellent, with strength being good, and endurance great. A very good black belt commented after class

UKStrength

Great detail in the log so far mate! :) Ever tried glycergrow? Any point taking it if you've got the green mag?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never tried Glycergrow. I have tried bulk glycerol, and didn't love it. White Flood has some in there, IIRC, so I'd do White Flood as opposed to the Glycergrow.

Last night I was coming from the beach at a friends house right before judo. I had had a couple shots of espresso around 4PM, so as I was driving to the gym, I took a scoop of Purple InTrain and a scoop of Purple Wraath, with 5 Blue Gene. I skipped the White Flood because of my previous caffeine intake, and boy did I miss it.

I had a great workout, incline press and low rows on a hammer strength, then hit class. A very good sensei taught class; he started out with about 25 different sets of calethenics, 20-50 reps per exercise. Most people were struggling, but I felt pretty good. WE then proceeded to learn uki goshi:

We practiced this for around 30 minutes, then did 15 minutes of ground fighting. I fought several black belts, and was able to stave off the pins, chokes, and armbars, for the most part. We finished off with 30 minutes of randori, or free fighting.

I didn't feel as sharp as usual, due to lack of White Flood in my system. But endurance was good, power was good, etc.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a busy week, last week before kids go back to school and some other nonsense. I did judo on Monday and weds, preceded be short dirty workouts each time. Monday was a bust: I didn't eat enough at all, and was a quivering mess halfway through class. I pushed through it hard, which is great, but recovery took much longer, so I was still feeling the effects by weds class.

Weds class was great, though. I took 5 blue gene, and 1 scoop each of white flood and purple wraath. I was pretty thick by the end of my workout, and judo went great. We went over basic foot sweeps (I am on my phone, so I will post more detail from my pc later), did some ground fighting, and 40 minutes of randori/standup.

I am right handed, and in judo I should lead with my. Right foot, which goes against all my previous training, and every other martial art. I have compromised, so far, with a neutral 'even' footed stance, which works well for the most part. However, the even stance is more susceptible to some techniques, so I am trying to go for the 'proper' right foot forward stance. It's brutally hard, feels very unnatural. Bah, got my work cut out for me.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw, I am supremely impressed with white flood, purple wraath, and blue gene.

White flood - 1 scoop is plenty for me, and the clarity and energy linger long with no crash. I mean the effects go for freaking hours.

Purple wraath - obviously, the effects of eaa's we all know, great stuff. However, pw offers more: endurance and recovery from beta alanine and citrulline, and pumps, even when taken solo. Combined with wf pumps are awesome.

Blue gene - killer supp. Joint effects which are very noticable, aggression, libido, varying nootropic effects depending on some factor I can't put my finger on, and unquantifiable, but inarguably potent health and antioxidant effects. It'd be tough to come up with a stronger formula covering more bases for even close to the same money.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One more thing: lipotropic protein tastes like ass. No, it actually tastes like peas. Which, in a protein shake is as ass-like as it gets. It's like russian bear v.1.0 came back from 1992 and bit me in the tongue. I have vanilla, btw, shoulda bought chocolate, its a bit heavier and might disguise the rank better. Or taste like chocolate ass. Bah.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am working 12p-12a today, so I will miss judo tonight. I got up at 9am, took 5 blue gene, 1 scoop white flood and purple intrain, and hit the gym on an empty stomach. I did a nice ab workout to warm up, then did

2 x 10 incline
2 x 10 flat bench
2 x 10 decline

And between each of the 6 sets of bench I did hammer strength low rows, sets of 10, working up to 105 on each side. I alternated fast between bench and rows, no rest. I ended with 50 x 135 on deadlift, stretched quick, and walked out.

Strength was good, endurance was good, pumps were good. Deadlift makes me want to pass out, lol. Anyway, I should be back to judo weds and friday, hooray!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I missed judo again yesterday, so I rolled out of bed, took a scoop of purple intrain, a scoop of white flood, and 5 blue gene, ate a banana, and hit the gym. I did alternating sets of 10 dips and 5-7 pullups for 6 rounds without resting in between, and 50 x 135 on deadlift, wrapping up with abs and a stretch. It took me 22 minutes or so. I am very sore today.

I have been getting off work at midnight. I generally eat around 10p, and don't want to down food that late. So the last couple days I have been taking a scoop of purple wraath and 1 tab REDuction PM, and that's it, as well as taking 1 scoop purple intrain upon waking even on off days.

I seem to be gaining some mass and getting a bit cut. Then again, missing judo means there's much less calories being burned, so that's good for mass, too. Overall, I would put blue gene and purple wraath on my favorites, or even staples, lists. Add in cre02 for more endurance related stuff, or green bulge for more strength and power activities.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did judo on Fri night. I was very psyched, but knew I would suck, having sat on my butt all week, cardio-wise. I dosed up, 5 Blue Gene, Purple Wraath, and a scoop of white Flood, and hit the gym.

I did:

2 x 10 incline
2 x 10 flat
2 x 10 decline

alternating with Hammer Strength Low Rows. I'm going light on bench, as I have shoulder issues, pretty much 135 on all sets; staggered with the heavy rows and no rest in between sets, I'm shaking by the end.

Judo was awesome. I was getting winded a bit by the end, not the norm for me, but it was much better than expected, and the sensei said I looked good after class. Sweet.

This morning I got up a did a quick dirty: the full Controlled Labs dosing, then pullups and dips alternating to failure, and 50 x 135 on deadlift. I felt remarkably good, seeing as yesterday I was on the bEach for 6 hours, ate 1/4 what I should've eaten, and did not drink anything at the beach. I woke up hungry and dehydrated.

I'm convinced Purple Wraath and Blue Gene are THE ****. I'm looking cut, full, and pumped after my workout, and the scoop of Purple Wraath with 1 ReductionPM is just amazing for sleep, and I think for metabolism and anabolism.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did judo tonight at a different dojo. Nevermind all that, I have to say something about Golden Gains: I CRAVE the stuff after working out. At first taste, it's odd, but from my second time on, it's just calls my name. Not too sweet, nicely tart, not 'vanilla', it's just awesomely refreshing, and the great ingredients are just cake.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night I went over to one of the higher level black belts house to train. The guy has mats in his living room, lol. We watched some vids of the guy my training partner learned under, Osawa. He explained the technicalities, and went over much of the basics, like standing, walking, etc. Very interesting stuff, very different from what I see at the dojo most of the time. Then we practiced moving around, then the movements of a throw or two, then we threw. Similar to this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k3DkndEEdg"]YouTube - Osawa Yoshimi 10 Dan Judo[/ame]

It's ****ing beautiful stuff, effortless, no power involved, and the uke who is being thrown feels nothing (until he hits the mat :D).

I worked from 8am-8pm yesterday, then trained from 9-12p, hit the sack at 1am, got up at 6:30am, worked from 8a-6p, then hit the gym. I took a scoop of WF, PW, and 5 blue gene. I did a heavy ab workout, incline/flat/decline bench alternated with heavy rows, and 50x135 deadlift, then jogged a mile just to move.

The WF/PW/BG stack is potent. Pumps were interfering with my ab workout, and veins were going nuts across my shoulders and chest. I'm tired, time to sleep.

Oh, and I got home to find the Orange Triad I bought from nutra with free shipping on my doorstep!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am working today. I am feeling very restless, and hallucinating about hitting the mat. I have been watching youtube judo vids on my phone all day, and came across this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXf26g2Tbf0"]YouTube - Judo Wharf Air[/ame]

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally, I am off all week. This 7 days on, 7 days off sucks. Anyway, I took my 5 Blue Gene, 1 scoop White Flood, 1 scoop Purple Wraath, and did decline bench and rows almost to failure, I was pressed for time before judo. I went into just psyched to finally be back, and oh, what a class it was!

Warm up was short-ish, and we went straight into the technicalities of uchi mata, a really beautiful, spectacular throw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43op-tg-_E"]YouTube - JUDO Best Uchimata- music by Queen[/ame]

Our sensei has a favorite uke, or guy he likes to use to demonstrate throws with, as he knows the techniques and knows how to take falls well. This guy was absent yesterday, so I was chosen. It was awesome to be thrown many times in a row by the sensei, as his form is insane, and even though he sometimes throws very fast and hard, I didn't feel...anything, really. He sets the throws up, executes, and 'sets me down' very softly. Amazing to experience. It really hurts when a white belt throws you, as their technique sucks. That being said, the sensei could just as easily modify the throw to break my neck, back, or ribs, if he so chose.

After that we did some grappling and more repetitions of uchi mata, moving around, then 45 minutes of fighting. I was really trying to implement the lessons the sensei (who's house I went over to last week) taught me: stay very upright, feet shoulders width apart, on the balls of the feet, small steps, use the tricks he taught me to unbalance my opponent. I felt much more balanced, better able to implement throws because I was well-centered, and I scored some very nice throws because of it. That sensei was there, so I ended up fighting him for 15 minutes. He weights a buck 45 or so, I weigh 190, and he can literally make me levitate. I fly. :lol: I spend half the time giggling like a little girl, it's just so cool to experience.

Endurance was great. I felt inexhaustible. The focus provided by White Flood is fantastic, I love it. I got home, took my Golden Gains, ate, watched a great Russian flick called '12' (recommended!), and finished up with REDuction PM. I slept like a log.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night judo was great. Took my standard 1 scoop Purple Wraath, White Flood, 5 Blue Gene, and hit the gym for dips and pullups to failure.

Judo was different. We didn't learn a specific throw, but subtle ways to unbalance your opponent, open him up, and get through his defenses. The sensei I've been working one-on-one with has been showing me alternate, slightly untraditional ways to apply throws, and it's starting to catch. I'm beginning to be able to apply them occasionally. Then I fight a 260lb guy, and it all goes out the window, lol, as I try to apply strength. I'm getting better about avoiding the application of strength, sticking with technique, and not worrying about what the other guy is doing.

I finished up my Blue Gene today. As much as I wanted to continue on it, I can't afford to right now. I bought a bottle of Anabolic Edge for cheap off a friend, so I'll be adding that, as well as a partially used bottle of Cre02 to continue the mondo bitchin endurance stackeroo.

Blue Gene rocks. Next to Cre02, it's the top of my list. I absolutely love it; it's so versatile, good for strength gains, endurance gains, joint health, libido, and overall health. I'd LOVE to do 3-4 bottles straight, as it gets better and better throughout the bottle.

I recommended it to someone on a subaru forum, and this was his comment today:

today was day 2. I had an excellent workout, but that was likely nutrition related (hit the food hard today). The one strange thing was I felt a lot bigger, and someone else noticed it. Does blue gene have a pump/NO effect?
Uh, why yes, yes it does. ;) Ginko, icariin, and cissus will do that.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, UK! I've used Purple Wraath, Green Bulge, Orange Triad, Blue Gene, and Green Mag before. The rest are new to me.

I started taking these over last weekend, and monday was my first training session with then, Weds being my second.

I'm going to dose like this:

Non-workout days: first thing upon rising, 5 Blue Gene and a scoop of InTrain to get the beta alanine in. REDuction PM before bed.

Workout days: 5 Blue Gene, 1 scoop Wraath, 1 scoop InTrain, and 1 scoop White Flood depending on how I feel, all sipped from 6PM-6:45PM on my way to the gym and during my weight workout. I'll finish it all up just before judo at 7PM. After judo I'll dose Golden Finish, and REDuction PM before bed.

My impressions so far:

Blue Gene - I logged Blue Gene on my own already, and loved it, so I am extremely happy to be on it again. By my 3rd day I experienced a libido boost, and yesterday and today I'm feeling positive and a bit aggressive. The combination of Blue Gene and White Flood is potent, clear energy.

Purple Wraath - Mmm, lovely stuff! Taste is oddly good, gingerols rocks, lol. I get pumps from this stuff alone, and endurance and recovery are great. Staple stuff, for sure.

Purple InTrain - I'm not using it exactly as it should be used. I can't sip during judo. But the added Leucine can't hurt, glycine is great, and the whopping B12 dose with lots of beta alanine...can you say TINGLE? Holy mary! This stuff is VERY tasty, too.

White Flood - I've wanted to try this forever, so I'm very happy to finally be using it. The good: awesome focus and energy, great endurance, wicked pumps. For just energy, i think it's my favorite. The bad: 2 scoops is too much, given my 6pm dosing schedule. I don't think the caffeine is exceptionally high, probably 200mg or so; but the added thermogenics and nootropics linger LONG in the system. I'm not sure how the B12 in InTrain is adding to this effect, either. Why is this bad? I'm using 1 scoop, or a half serving, and not every workout as even that can keep me up. So it's economical for awesome energy and focus, but less so if I want all the pumps and endurance effects. Taste is merely OK, who the **** cares.

Golden Finish - Ahh, yes. First taste threw me off on Monday. Last night, the first sip hit the right tastebuds, and I REALLY enjoyed the tart, not too sweet taste, not too thick but not watery consistency, and I have no doubt I will benefit greatly from the nutritional profile. Good protein, carbs, fats, and micronutrients. I add in 10-20gr protein to boost it to 30-40gr total.

REDuction PM - Simple: 2 keeps me up, 1 knocks me out like a mothereffing light. Sleep is a coma, I wake up refreshed. Love it!

Overall Effects

I just came off a 10 day vacation, during which I lifted twice. Monday's judo was surprisingly good, though i felt a bit winded. Last night's workout and class were excellent, with strength being good, and endurance great. A very good black belt commented after class
CL owes you T-shirt for logging this huge stack. The GOLDEN FINISH is a wonderful product i love that stuff just wish the protein was higher.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you're following, hope it's useful. It's been a great stack. My impressions so far:

Blue Gene - I've been over it. Love it. I'll be rotating it in and out as funds allow.

Purple Wraath - Again, love it, staple stuff. I'm retaining muscle, recovering faster, pumps and endurance are great, and when combined with REDuction PM on an empty stomach before bed, sleep is deep and I've noticed some leaning out of my (very small) love handles.

White Flood - Excellent energy, focus, and pumps. RPM gives a lot more aggression and strength, WF gives a cleaner energy and focus, and better pumps. I will keep it on hand for nights I'm dragging, but I personally try not to overdose the stims, so I don't think I'd use it chronically.

REDuction PM - It works, period. Sleep is great, and when taken with Purple Wraath without food, fat loss is there. A full serving of two tabs keeps me up; 1 tab knocks me the hell out. Good for me, because at $16 a bottle, it's already cheap. I'll be using again.

Golden Finish - this is, again, awesome. I crave my GF after judo, and take comfort in knowing I'm hitting all the nutrients I need for recovery. Have I noticed a difference? Not really. Will I use it again? Well, I'm poor, so it's a tough call, when food is there. When you figure out the cost of all the macros and micros included, it's probably not that exorbitant, and certainly more convenient. I'll have to consider the finances. Barring money issues, there'd be no question.

Purple InTrain - Hmm, this is the only miss, for me. Keep in mind that I simply cannot sip it during training, as I'm too busy flying through the air. I'm sure it would help, if I could; I just don't have a use for it to be used as directed. I typically take a dose first thing in the morning with my (now gone) BG, and/or mix it in with my pre-training ****tail. It tastes good, the B12 seems to give an energy boost or clarity of sorts, and it lasts forever in that big ass tub. If you need and intra product, give it a stab.

EDIT: Orange Triad - what can I say, nothing beats it for what it contains, as well as cost. It's been a staple for 2 years now or so.

Tonight will be my first workout with the Anabolic Edge in my system, I'll post up over the weekend.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And here's a nice vid of a judo transition to groundwork:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyqBqHjsr8&feature=channel"]YouTube - Zolnir vs Kazakstan[/ame]

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night was AWESOME. Supps were great, felt great, blahblah. One thing stood out: we were learning o guruma.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie6QCYQ1Wdk"]YouTube - mifune, o guruma[/ame]

I was paired with a 260lb white belt, so 1) he doesn't know WTF he's doing, and 2) he's just huge, very difficult to throw. We were practicing o guruma, and I was having a hard time learning, because he was afraid to fall, so he got really stiff. I finally just went in hard, committed, and threw his ass beautifully, I mean he flew, an honest-to-God o guruma. It's a very tough throw to learn, so I was ecstatic. All I heard as he went over was 'oh ****!', as he did not expect it, lol. Of course I couldn't do it again, but when I switched to someone my size, it was like throwing a kid.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am finishing up LG's Lipotropic Protein. I like the idea, ingredients are great; I hate the implementation, it tastes like peas. Peas: good with steak and potatos, bad with vanilla shakes. I wouldn't totally discourage someone from using it, it's not horribly vile. I could continue to use it; on a scale of 1-10 of awfulness, 10 being barf it back up, it's a 5. But when brands like ATW. or Irontek taste great, or something like muscle milk tastes illegally good, why bother with peas?

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
This is probably one of the most epic stacks I've seen in quite some time. I love it. Controlled Labs makes great products.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! I wasn't a huge fan, to be honest, but then I couldn't ignore Orange Triad anymore. Then I tried Purple Wraath a couple years ago, and liked it. Next came Blue Gene, and that's what made me sit up and take notice. Now, I can say I would put them up with Millennium Sport and AppNut as one of my 3 favorite companies. My dream stack:

Cre02
Purple wraath
Blue gene
Reduction pm
Golden gains
And white flood for when I need a kick

If I could do that all the time, i'd be a happy camper.

Btw, I picked up 10lbs dymatize elite gourmet for $50 shipped today online. I support nutra, but I couldn't pass that up.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No judo tonight, as I'm working Sun-Sat 12 hours a day, and roasting my coffee on the side (right now, in fact). So I took some Purple WRaath and a serving of Anabolic Edge with Cre02, and hit the gym.

Abs - 40 situps, 30 reverse crunches (knees to chest), 30 toes to the ceiling (resting on shoulders), 100 diagonal crunches, and 50 weird judo oblique crunches.

Alternating bench and cable rows to failure

Deadlift, 50 x 135

I went home, had my Golden Gains, and now I'm roasting coffee. So far, Anabolic EDge doesn't hold a candle to Blue Gene. Not feelin it so much, in fact, I look a bit less pumped. We'll see.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like I will be hitting judo tonight, and the gym if I have time. The guy who relieves me agreed to come in at 6pm instead of 8, as he's flying out tomorrow, and I will be showing up at 4am, ugh. So judo from 7-9pm, home, eat, shower, up at 3am. I'm gonna diiieeee! Lol

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy mary mother of god, yeeow! Judo last night rocked. I took white flood around 3pm because I was alreadsy dragging, and it perked me right up, damn that stuff is nice. I didn't feel ctracked out, just aleret and focused, with energy. I left work at 5:30, took purple wraath, anabolkic edge, and cre02, and hit the gym by 6:30 for alternating dips and pullups, 7 and 5 per set, respectively. I failesd on the 8th round. I left the gym looking yoked and went to judo, where of course the sensei decided to do a heavy warmup. Endurance was great, I plowed right through. I think it's the creatine starting to rear it's pretty head.

We learned harai goshi, a big throw, and once again the sensei chose me to instruct on. This is good. One, you learn by being thrown, and two, he wouldn't pick me if I was no good to work with or didn't understand the techniques. Sweet.

I had some good fight sessions, got more throws in than usual. As I was going with a black belt and keeping up a nice tit for tat back and forth, a sensei on the side was making favorable comments "ah, you paid attention tonight!" And so on.

I got home at 9:30, ate (thank }od for Golden Gains!), hung with the wife a bit, and hit the sack at 11pm. The alarm went off way too early at 3am. Rolled out, showered, and was at work by 4am. I felt great until I got to work, where I felt queasy, pretty standard for me when I am tired. I ate a Zero Impact bar (which are effing great, btw, 400 calories, 30gr protein, 20gr fat, 35gr carbs, healthy ingredients), and as the client is not home, I put my head back and dozed for 2 hours ( I just can't sleep heavy when I am working, every leaf rustle and twig snap pops me up in a combative mood. Old habits die hard). Normally the little sleep wouldn't matter too much, but the fact that this in my 5th 12 hour shift in a row, plus coffee roasting or the gym after work, and judo being 2 hours of brutal exercise and pounding...4 hours don't cut it for recovery. I will hit the food hard today, probably a whole rotisserie chicken and some veggies, and other stuff, and get a good nights sleep tonight.

Right now, I am going to get my camping stove out and brew some fresh roasted organic ethiopia amaro gayo coffee. I just got a bag in last week, and this is my first batch, very tasty!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No judo last night, so I worked out after work. I drank half an endorush around 5pm, and felt...nothing. odd, because it usually does me right. Maybe I am just used to the white flood.

I took my cre02 and anabolic edge 1.5 hours pre-workout, and sipped a scoop of purple wraath on my way to the gym. I warmed up with a nasty ab routine, then did 2 sets each of incline, decline, flat close grip, alternated with wide cable rows, then finished off with 50 x 135 on deadlift.

I forgot how good creatine is. I added 10 situps to my usual max, and deadlift was a breeze, whereas it's usually tough.

Despite my screwy schedule earlier this week, and working 90 or so hours, plus workouts, I feel pretty good. The last two days I have been waking up 10 minutes before the alarm goes off, and rolling out of bed feeling great. Weird.

I finished my Golden Gains last night. That's not a good thing, as I very much enjoy the stuff. It's great, and I will buy again.