LG's Trifecta Stack (unsponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Ok, was out of town over the weekend so didn't get a chance to include any updates.

    Day 14:

    Was going to do legs, but wife wanted to go visit family so I hit the gym on the way home from work and did a short chest workout.

    Flat Barbell Bench Press
    275 x 5
    275 x 4
    275 x 3
    225 x 7
    225 x 7
    225 x 5

    Normally I don't like to do more than 3 or 4 sets of the same exercise, but since I went to the gym right at 5 pm it was packed, so I just stuck to the flat bench until things cleared out a bit.

    Incline Barbell Bench Press:
    135 x 25
    135 x 25
    135 x 25

    Had an awesome pump going!!

    My goal is to hit 300 on the bench press by the end of this log I feel like I'm right on track. Strength is going up almost every workout, and endurance is up too.


  2. Day 15:

    Since I was out of town, didn't get a chance to hit the gym. Instead, I brought my P90X videos and did Plyometrics, which I count as my leg workout. For anyone thinking about starting P90X, I highly, highly recommend it. Great cardio workouts, good circuit training for weights, even yoga and stretching. One of the few informercials I've seen that's worth the money.

    Day 16:

    Did x-stretch today. 1 hour of stretching, both upper and lower body. Felt really good to stretch today, loosen up my muscles and get them ready for a killer workout on Monday when I can hit the gym hard again.
    •   
       


  3. Really impressize numbers your putting up..you goal of 300 should not be an issue... hows everything over all treating you?

  4. Day 17:

    Did the P90X back and biceps routine today. Felt GREAT! Awesome pump in my arms and I can really start to see the veins coming out.

    Thought it might be a good idea to do a little mid-cycle review.

    Pros:

    1) Strength. WAY up. The Trifecta stack has really helped me bust through some plateaus. Very pleased so far.

    2) Body composition. I've lost about 4 lbs in roughly 2 weeks, and my pants are a bit looser. Although I doubt the Trifecta stack has much of a direct influence on fat loss, it's given me the strength/energy/endurance to push myself harder which has stoked up my metabolism. My diet hasn't changed that much, although I am watching my carb intake a bit more closely.

    Also, I'm noticing more definition in my upper arms and shoulders. I had some mirrors installed at the gym at work (benefits of being the boss!) and I can definitely tell a difference in only 2 weeks.

    3) Vascularity. As a pretty big guy, I normally don't have veins popping out but I have noticed a big difference in my arms. Probably goes hand in hand with the fat loss.

    Cons:

    1) Libido. Noticed a slight decline in in libido. Not a huge concern at my age, and everything still works. Could just be that I'm more tired from working out harder at the gym.

    2) Skin. My skin, especially on my face, has been more oily. Don't even know if that's really a "con" in the big scheme of thing, but probably just a side effect of increased testosterone. Almost seems like I've gone back in time to my teenage years

  5. Day 18:

    Did Plyo-X (plyometrics) today. I had planned on going to the gym to workout in the evening, but ended up taking the wife out to dinner.
    •   
       


  6. Day 19:

    P90X Shoulders and Arms routine today. I love doing P90X, but it gets boring after a while so I only do it when I've got a workout partner to work out with at lunch.

    Good news: even my workout partner has noticed the veins popping out of my arms. I went pretty heavy today, although I did notice some pain in my elbows when I tried to do the skull crushers with dumbbells at the end. First round I was able to do them with 55's, but the 2nd round I had to drop down to 40's because of the pain.

    May have to up my joint formula and fish oil to compensate for the dry joints.

  7. Day 20:

    No workout today. Just rested and took the day off from work.

  8. Day 21:

    The workout:

    Squats:

    315 x 5
    315 x 5 (to parallel)
    225 x 10 (all the way down)
    225 x 10
    225 x 10

    Leg press:
    1060 x 10
    1060 x 10
    1060 x 10

    Leg extension:
    245 x 15
    245 x 15

    Leg curl:
    165 x 15
    165 x 15

    I haven't done legs heavy in a while and it showed today. I tried to resume where I had left off and I pushed it HARD, too hard in fact. Was naseaus and felt like I was going to pass out. Legs were very wobbly afterwards and sore.

    Note: Got on the scale today and I'm down a total of 7 lbs from where I was 3 weeks ago. VERY happy about that.

  9. Day 22:

    Ok, decided to see if I had gone up on my bench. It's been a week since I did any heavy benching, so here goes.

    Flat bench barbell press:
    300 x 2 NEW PR!!!!! Hit my goal of 300 lbs and I got the bar up twice. Went for a third but couldn't do it.

    Tried to hit 300 on a second set, and failed miserably.

    275 x 1
    That 300 lb press wiped me out. Have to go lighter if I want to make the chest workout worth anything.

    235 x 9
    235 x 7

    Pullups (bodyweight)
    9
    9
    7


    Military press
    135 x 10
    135 x 8
    135 x 7

    Reverse grip bent over rows
    185 x 6
    185 x 6
    185 x 6

    Just a quick recap 3 weeks into the stack:

    Went from 275 x 3 to 300 x 2 in the bench press, while losing 7 lbs (which I'm sure is mainly bodyfat). Most other lifts have gone up as well.

    I've got 1 more week to go and then I start PCT.

  10. Nice progress bro! And congrats to your personal record! Keep pushing it hard and good luck with pct.

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  11. Days 23 and 24:

    Was on travel so didn't really get a chance to workout. Had to drive 5 hours each day and that really just wiped me out. Not a good excuse, but hey, at my age a couple days off isn't a bad thing

  12. Day 25:

    Did P90X back and chest today because I felt pretty rested. REALLY went heavy today, even doing 90 lb dumbbells for the "heavy pants" set. I normally do 55 lbs for heavy pants, although I always use 100 lbs for the "lawnmower" (basically a 1 arm row).

    I'm increasing either weights or reps almost every workout!!

  13. Keep pushing it!
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  14. Day 26:

    Did P90X back and biceps today. My lats were still pretty sore and I normally don't like to work the same bodypart two days in a row, but I have a buddy I workout with at work and he's got some shoulder issues so we stuck with back and biceps.

    Pretty good workout. Massive pumps in my biceps - actually limited my ROM on curls

  15. Day 27:

    Rest day. I have one more day left on cycle, then I start PCT.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by enswalters View Post
    Day 27:

    Rest day. I have one more day left on cycle, then I start PCT.
    Gotta get that rest I'm interested to see how PCT treats you. Hope you will keep all your gains!

    Regards!

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  17. Day 28:

    Final day of my stack, then I start the PCT tomorrow.

    The workout:

    Flat bench barbell press:

    305 x 3 NEW PR!!!
    305 x 2
    225 x 10
    225 x 8

    Pullup
    7
    6
    7

    Machine rows
    230 x 10
    230 x 8
    230 x 7

    Incline DB press
    100 x 8
    100 x 9
    110 x 5

    Machine fly
    230 x 5
    230 x 5

    Notes:

    I started off 4 weeks ago doing 275x3, then 280x2, now I can hit 305x3 and 305x2, so roughly a 30 lb increase in bench in a month!!! VERY IMPRESSED with the strength gains. I've noticed roughly similar gains in most of my other lifts. Reminds me of taking creatine for the 1st time, when you can expect a roughly 10% strength increase.

    Body composition: lost about 8 lbs in 4 weeks, and about 1.5 inches off my waist. I didn't really purposely try to cut down, just had better recovery and was able to workout more often than normal, and watched my carb intake a bit more closely. The fact that my strength went up while I lost bodyfat was quite surprising. Wouldn't have thought that there would be that much of a difference.

    The negatives:

    1) Aggression was up quite a bit. I'm normally not short-tempered, but I found myself really having to exercise some self-control to keep from kicking some ass a few times

    2) Libido was down a bit. Not that I had any problems with erections or anything, just didn't have as strong a desire for sex.

    3) Oily skin. No acne, but definitely noticed a lot more oil, especially on my face.

    Would I purchase again? Yes.

    The strength gains I made were very impressive, and hopefully I'll be able to maintain them through PCT. The side effects weren't horrible, and quite honestly, if there weren't any side effects then I would attribute everything to the placebo effect instead of the stack.

    I'll keep logging this until I'm done with PCT, but this was about as honest a log as you'll get. I don't put a lot of weight into sponsored logs myself, so I wanted to give everyone an unbiased view of a product I bought on my own.

  18. Day 29:

    Ok, started taking the Formadrol Extreme today.

    Workout:

    Leg press:

    1080 x 12
    1100 x 10
    1100 x 8
    1100 x 8

    I found a way to stick a few 5 lbers on the leg press, so I could make the weight an even 1100 instead of 1060. Really wanted to start off with squats, but the squat rack wasn't available.

    Squats:
    225 x 5 (really felt queasy on this set)
    225 x 10 (took a 3 minute rest to get my bearings back)
    225 x 10

    Leg curl (superset with leg extensions, no rest in between)
    165 x 20
    165 x 15
    165 x 14

    Leg extension
    245 x 15
    245 x 14
    245 x 10 (completely wasted at this point)

    Machine pulldown

    305 x 5
    305 x 4
    305 x 4

  19. wow, this stack looks very impressive! update pct?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by enswalters View Post
    Notes:

    I started off 4 weeks ago doing 275x3, then 280x2, now I can hit 305x3 and 305x2, so roughly a 30 lb increase in bench in a month!!! VERY IMPRESSED with the strength gains. I've noticed roughly similar gains in most of my other lifts. Reminds me of taking creatine for the 1st time, when you can expect a roughly 10% strength increase.

    Body composition: lost about 8 lbs in 4 weeks, and about 1.5 inches off my waist. I didn't really purposely try to cut down, just had better recovery and was able to workout more often than normal, and watched my carb intake a bit more closely. The fact that my strength went up while I lost bodyfat was quite surprising. Wouldn't have thought that there would be that much of a difference.

    The negatives:

    1) Aggression was up quite a bit. I'm normally not short-tempered, but I found myself really having to exercise some self-control to keep from kicking some ass a few times

    2) Libido was down a bit. Not that I had any problems with erections or anything, just didn't have as strong a desire for sex.

    3) Oily skin. No acne, but definitely noticed a lot more oil, especially on my face.

    Would I purchase again? Yes.

    The strength gains I made were very impressive, and hopefully I'll be able to maintain them through PCT. The side effects weren't horrible, and quite honestly, if there weren't any side effects then I would attribute everything to the placebo effect instead of the stack.

    I'll keep logging this until I'm done with PCT, but this was about as honest a log as you'll get. I don't put a lot of weight into sponsored logs myself, so I wanted to give everyone an unbiased view of a product I bought on my own.
    Once again this stack proves it self!..awesome progress, let us know how PCT goes..

  21. Quote Originally Posted by enswalters View Post
    Day 29:

    Ok, started taking the Formadrol Extreme today.

    Workout:

    Leg press:

    1080 x 12
    1100 x 10
    1100 x 8
    1100 x 8

    I found a way to stick a few 5 lbers on the leg press, so I could make the weight an even 1100 instead of 1060. Really wanted to start off with squats, but the squat rack wasn't available.

    Squats:
    225 x 5 (really felt queasy on this set)
    225 x 10 (took a 3 minute rest to get my bearings back)
    225 x 10

    Leg curl (superset with leg extensions, no rest in between)
    165 x 20
    165 x 15
    165 x 14

    Leg extension
    245 x 15
    245 x 14
    245 x 10 (completely wasted at this point)

    Machine pulldown

    305 x 5
    305 x 4
    305 x 4

    Dang bro on the leg extensions....But great progress man!

  22. LG: this product sounds great!

    I only need the final review on the pct haha.. if that sounds ok too, I am sold

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Once again this stack proves it self!..awesome progress, let us know how PCT goes..
    Agreed! Awesome review man!

  24. How did it go enswalters? Did you maintain strength and weight?

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  25. I hope Enswalters is still alive.. maybe the Formadrol was too much for him
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 08:10 PM
  2. Fat Loss Stack (Unsponsored)
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 05:14 PM
  3. The Swole Stack (Unsponsored)
    By Bnatural in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:00 PM
  4. MST Ironman Stack + Goodies Log Unsponsored
    By 350zTT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
  5. CC is logging his second LG Stack!! (unsponsored)
    By ConcreteConny in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Log in
Log in