measurement help

johnbone

Awards
Just received a bottle of clen at 100mcg / 60ml my question is i have read that it is a good idea to start off at 40mcg. I went to the local drug store and picked up a medicine dropper but the measurements are in ml. So how many ml is 40mcg ?

johnbone

Awards
I was told that 1ml = 20mcg and 2ml = 40ml
Can someone confirm that this is correct

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You don't understand basic concentration concepts but you want to take clen? That strikes me as unwise.

Furthermore, a 100mcg/60ml would be a very low concentration. Are you sure your bottle is not 60ml of 100mcg/ml? That is a fairly common concentration for liquid clen.

johnbone

Awards
I have been working out for about 6months and have been watching my calorie intake i just wanted to shed a few extra lbs. the bottle reads 100 mcg and in the bottom right corner it has 60ml

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah... 100mcg/60ml = 1.67mcg/ml, which is pretty much useless. You have 100mcg/ml clen.

That means in 1ml solution you have 100mcg of clen. If you want to take 40mcg, you take 0.4ml.

However, if you don't understand that math or how to do it yourself then it is going to be too easy for you to mess this up. Using clen when you don't know exactly what you are doing is very dangerous.

You've only been working out for 6months, you're a newb (no offense). Get your diet right (don't just watch your calories - eat a proper fat-loss diet), lift hard and do some cardio. No way would I recommend someone in your position use clen under normal circumstances.

johnbone

Awards
Resolve I appreciate it I know I'm a newb thats why I was on here in the first place to get the right information. Maybe I will holdoff with the clen, Do you have one or know where i can find a fat loss diet ?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Resolve I appreciate it I know I'm a newb thats why I was on here in the first place to get the right information. Maybe I will holdoff with the clen, Do you have one or know where i can find a fat loss diet ?
Awesome. I definitely think it's best you hold off the clen for a bit - maybe look into an ECA stack; that's a lot easier to dose than liquid clen. But that would really depend on your age; I think ephedrine is illegal to sell to minors (IIRC).

There are a lot of good fat-loss diets out there, the most popular on AM is probably the CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet). That's a low-carb, high protein and fat diet that many members have had good success with. There is a lot of literature on that over in the weight-loss sub forum.

I, however, have not used the CKD, but have had success with a couple of other diets: the T-Dawg 2.0 diet (go to T-nation.com and search for it there), and the Regressive Ketogenic Diet (again, search for it on T-nation. T-dawg is lower carb, but still emphasizes pre- and post-workout carb meals. The RKD is pretty much a month long carb deprivation (it's brutal), but I lost 3% BF in a month on it last time I used it, so it works quite well.

If you can handle a moderate carb diet and still lose fat, a simple 40% Prot/ 30% Carb/ 30% Fat macronutrient split will do the job nicely.