Are testosterone boosters GOOD or BAD???

lift or die

Awards
So everyone goes back and forth on this topic and I was wondering if anyone had a final say in whether testosterone boosters are worth it or do they just screw up your natural production of testosterone? Thanks!

jim623

So everyone goes back and forth on this topic and I was wondering if anyone had a final say in whether testosterone boosters are worth it or do they just screw up your natural production of testosterone? Thanks!
I'd say they are worth it. I've only done one ph cycle and I have to say, I'd pick a good AI over a ph any day.

They don't screw up your natural test production, they enhance it!

lift or die

Awards
I'd say they are worth it. I've only done one ph cycle and I have to say, I'd pick a good AI over a ph any day.

They don't screw up your natural test production, they enhance it!
Thats what I thought but then I talk to a guy at my gym and he said if you take test boosters you body becomes reliant on them instead of producing its own..

jim623

Thats what I thought but then I talk to a guy at my gym and he said if you take test boosters you body becomes reliant on them instead of producing its own..
That's why you have to cycle them. If you take an AI for 4 weeks, you take off 4 weeks, this allows your body's natural production to return to normal. Balance out all hormones and such. Done properly, you should have no trouble.

josephd79

Awards
Just to clarify something

There are essentially two categories of Test boosters. Natural and prohormone (Should be considered synthetic)

Now if you're using natural ones, such as Tribulus and nettle root, these simply stimulate your body's own production. In my opinion, you can last a lot longer on these as they aren't introducing Test to your body, just telling your body to produce more.

The Prohormones of today, S-drol & Trens as examples, introduce the equivalent of a steroid which your body will recognize as foreign and began to cut back on it's own production. These have to be cycled, period.

I personally love Axis Lab's Hypertest for natural production and go several months on it.

jim623

There are essentially two categories of Test boosters. Natural and prohormone (Should be considered synthetic)

Now if you're using natural ones, such as Tribulus and nettle root, these simply stimulate your body's own production. In my opinion, you can last a lot longer on these as they aren't introducing Test to your body, just telling your body to produce more.

The Prohormones of today, S-drol & Trens as examples, introduce the equivalent of a steroid which your body will recognize as foreign and began to cut back on it's own production. These have to be cycled, period.

I personally love Axis Lab's Hypertest for natural production and go several months on it.
Good point, I guess I need to explain things a little better. In my mind a test booster is something that increases natural production. I don't think of pro-hormones as test boosters since they are an alternate source of testosterone.

warrior504th

Awards
This isnt a testosterone booster. This is a prohormone (precursor to a hormone) or a designer methylated steroid. Natural test boosters (Stoked for example) optimize your hormone levels in a natural way via herbs and whatnot.

Prohormones and Designer Steroids do not increase or boost testosterone. They replace it with an exterior source of a different (though slightly similar) hormone. The body attempts to normalize the hormone levels by slowing and eventually almost stopping all of its own production of testosterone. Prohormones are only precursors to steroids. If you deny this, you havent done ANY research.

Also, prohormones or designer steroids must be followed with post cycle therapy to help the body recover its own hormone production.

Natural test boosters are going to boost your own production, so you cannot become 'depedent' or cause many side effects.

As far as Aromatization Inhibitors (AIs) go, they come with their own very small risks (except when used in PCT, then the risks go up), but are semi effective in boosting free and total testosterone. The results in blood tests are skewed though, as when it is used in PCT of a steroid/prohormone that does not aromatize into estrogen, your LH levels are already high so simply removing the hormone would cause a sudden, large spike in testosterone levels as is. The AI itself's negative feedback loop would help a bit with that production, though.

Hope this clears things up for all of you.

warrior504th

Awards
Good point, I guess I need to explain things a little better. In my mind a test booster is something that increases natural production. I don't think of pro-hormones as test boosters since they are an alternate source of testosterone.
They are not an alternate souce of testosterone. the only prohormone that converted into testosterone was 4AD. Others, like 19nor, convert into other hormones. The example 19 nor for instance converts into tren, 1,4ad (bold) converts into boldenone at a small rate. hope this helps.

tigre

Awards
Hi all! My first post on this forum.

How do you categorize Bad Ass Mass? Is it a natural test booster that boosts your own production?
Is there Aromatization Inhibitors in it you think?
Im thinking of trying it but I am very afraid of side effects.
Maybe you can recomend a good natural test booster that you think is safe?

Thanks!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Firstly Bad Ass Mass is considered a NHA (Non Hormonal Anabolic)

BAM works like a natural anabolic stimulating protein synthesis while increasing free and natural testosterone levels. Bad Ass Mass also increases glycogen retention and acts as an anti-catabolic by inhibiting cortisol levels.

BAM contains an AI, and is not a PH (no pct needed) because it contains exogenous hormones. It is similar to Mass FX.

BAM contains (25R) – 4-Spirosten-3b,6b-diol which can potentially be a mild aromatization agent.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong, this from the top of my head.

IMHO a good natural testorsone booster would be Axis Labs Hypertest or Anabolic Extreme Hyperdrol x2.

Hope this helps.

Best,
WB

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
i've done an all natural herbal test booster, diesel test hardcore, and although must people say they see some results, i haven't noticed any real effects.

at least the herbal ones are not supposed to screw up your natural production at all, so if safety is an issue you can at least try those.

tigre

Awards
Thanks for your answers!

And for the original q, I guess there is a chance to get your test production all wrong.
So do you think there is a chance that BAM:is screwing up your natural test production?

warrior504th

Awards
Thanks for your answers!

And for the original q, I guess there is a chance to get your test production all wrong.
So do you think there is a chance that BAM:is screwing up your natural test production?
screwing up test production would require an outside hormone source, or a prohormone to a steroid. It shouldnt, although I havent looked at what that mild aromatizing agent is... if something aromatizes, its a hormone.

As for the effectiveness of natural test boosters, I believe that unless you have a testosterone issue (be it free or total), a booster will do absolutely nothing from you. The most I got from anything was Blue Gene, and I got a big fat libido boost and joint relief.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
I will have to disagree with warrior504th, I personally have had some good luck with various t-boosters. I took Axis Labs Hypertest and my waist line decreased slightly, and I gained some LBM (lean body mass), especially in my upper body, which I've kept through maintaining my diet and regimented work out schedule. And I have no deficeny in testosterone production.

Like I said earlier everyone is different in their responses to different substances. Try a natural test booster out for yourself and see how it fairs for you.

Best,
WB

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i wanna try dtpc but dont know if its worth the money..i took dth and didnt get anything from it..i got more from now's fenugreek. i think it all depends on who is makin the test booster if its going to work or not..

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
the only test booster that will really work is clomid.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
the only test booster that will really work is clomid.

Your right though some test boosters are nothing more then supplements companies efforts to make a quick buck, others work however from my experience. It's all subjective man.

Clomid is good for increasing test production (I personally wouldn't use as standalone). It's my understanding that as little as 12.5 mg/day can up your testosterone baseline levels, which is nice.

I stayed away from clomid during PCT because I've heard things about eye problems (at higher doses like 100 mg/day) and emotional issues. But that's just me personally. Plus clomid is by prescription only and many people are turned off by the legality issue in obtaining it.

Best,
WB