NO Shotgun

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
I somehow always come back to Shotgun as my preworkout drink preference. I like Jacked, and have tried quite a few others but Shotgun is my favorite. Especially now, Grape Bubblegum flavor is by far the best tasting preworkout flavor I've tried.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I tried Shotgun and liked it. It's a more novel approach to a pre-workout.

jesseb1128

jesseb1128

Awards
Gives your hands that tingle! Worth the money for a pre-workout product?

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
Few preworkouts have 20 grams of protein per serving. Thats the clincher

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
how does the newest version compare to the older one? I still have a tub and a half of the original apple cider flavor in my cupboard:indifferent:

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
how does the newest version compare to the older one? I still have a tub and a half of the original apple cider flavor in my cupboard:indifferent:
No comparison. The Grape Bubblegum flavor is amazing!

wild12

Awards
Sounds good, might have to give it a shot...most pre-workout stuff doesn't really effect me like its "supposed to". I've tried jack3d and didn't feel much of anything so I'm still looking for that pre-workout supp to give me that extra boost in the gym.

marine0231

marine0231

Awards
Its definately one of the best n.o. supps ive tried. .The first day i took it and did arms i almost couldnt finish my workout cause the pain was so bad. I LOVED IT!!

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I liked it. I like SuperPump better but it's not bad. Only need one scoop.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I love NO Shotgun, too. Especially the grape bubblegum! As far as the old and new version, I can't tell much difference. Shotgun is probably my #1 choice out of Jack3d, Anadraulic State, Superpump, RPM, and the many others I've tried.

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
Sounds good, might have to give it a shot...most pre-workout stuff doesn't really effect me like its "supposed to". I've tried jack3d and didn't feel much of anything so I'm still looking for that pre-workout supp to give me that extra boost in the gym.
Do you do a lot of caffeine? If you do, you could have a tolerance to preworkout supps. I like to have one or 2 strong cups of coffee everyday, so I need the max dose on Shotgun, 1.5 scoops. I'd go with 1 scoop to start than gauge from there.

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
I love NO Shotgun, too. Especially the grape bubblegum! As far as the old and new version, I can't tell much difference. Shotgun is probably my #1 choice out of Jack3d, Anadraulic State, Superpump, RPM, and the many others I've tried.
Right on, the grape bubblegum is the best!

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Just picked up a 1.3 lb tub of Watermelon today, tried a tiny bit just to see how it tastes and it's just like a watermelon jolly rancher! Tonight after my chest/arm workout ill let you guys know how it works.

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
Just picked up a 1.3 lb tub of Watermelon today, tried a tiny bit just to see how it tastes and it's just like a watermelon jolly rancher! Tonight after my chest/arm workout ill let you guys know how it works.
Have a good workout. Watermelon flavor was good too, but i'm partial to grape.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i switch up between CL's white flood, and NOshotgun..both work great for me. have tried the watermelon, exotic fruit, and black cherry. of those 3, watermelon is best. will have to give the grape bubble gum a go..

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Have a good workout. Watermelon flavor was good too, but i'm partial to grape.
I tried a little more than half a scoop to see how I would react to it. (usually I am too sensitive to energy drinks and end up feeling over-energized and unable to focus/shakey) My energy level was definately higher, and I was able to put up 200 X 3 which is my new high 3 set followed by 175 X 10 which is also my new high 10 set, so I'd have to say it helped. So here's how it stands up

NO Shotgun Watermelon flavor
Taste: 8/10
Performance 8.5/10
Value 8/10

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Do you do a lot of caffeine? If you do, you could have a tolerance to preworkout supps. I like to have one or 2 strong cups of coffee everyday, so I need the max dose on Shotgun, 1.5 scoops. I'd go with 1 scoop to start than gauge from there.
I have the same problem as wild12. Other than the first few days I took N.O. Xplode I've never ever felt any stim effect from an energy drink or any NO/pre workout supplement.

I've got a bottle of Reset AD that I'm going to start next week. I hope that helps increase my sensitivity to stims like it's supposed to but I have a feeling it won't do anything :(

I use quite a bit of beta alanine and have never had any of the tingling that most people report. Being unresponsive to all this stuff is seriously frustrating, sometimes I wonder if I'd feel anything if I smoked crack.

Right now I'm logging Lean Fuel Extreme at four caps ED which is equivalent to the caffeine in eight cups of coffee. I feel no stim effect from it and that's after an h-drol cycle where I drank no caffeine at all for six weeks.

I used to drink A LOT of coffee but cut back long ago. I think the Reset AD is my only hope. Anyone got any other ideas?

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
I tried a little more than half a scoop to see how I would react to it. (usually I am too sensitive to energy drinks and end up feeling over-energized and unable to focus/shakey) My energy level was definately higher, and I was able to put up 200 X 3 which is my new high 3 set followed by 175 X 10 which is also my new high 10 set, so I'd have to say it helped. So here's how it stands up

NO Shotgun Watermelon flavor
Taste: 8/10
Performance 8.5/10
Value 8/10
Very Nice results!

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
I have the same problem as wild12. Other than the first few days I took N.O. Xplode I've never ever felt any stim effect from an energy drink or any NO/pre workout supplement.

I've got a bottle of Reset AD that I'm going to start next week. I hope that helps increase my sensitivity to stims like it's supposed to but I have a feeling it won't do anything :(

I use quite a bit of beta alanine and have never had any of the tingling that most people report. Being unresponsive to all this stuff is seriously frustrating, sometimes I wonder if I'd feel anything if I smoked crack.

Right now I'm logging Lean Fuel Extreme at four caps ED which is equivalent to the caffeine in eight cups of coffee. I feel no stim effect from it and that's after an h-drol cycle where I drank no caffeine at all for six weeks.

I used to drink A LOT of coffee but cut back long ago. I think the Reset AD is my only hope. Anyone got any other ideas?
Probably the best thing to do is to re-sensitize to stims by going off all of them for at least a few days. If that don't work go to a week off. I found that if on my days off from the gym I do minimal amount of stims I react well to preworkout supps. Right now I take Jacked when I do cardio in the morning(or on cardio only days), than Shotgun in the afternoon when I hit the weights. On days off I take nothing except a cup of coffee in the morning. Seems that this rotation keeps my sensitivity up to stims.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Probably the best thing to do is to re-sensitize to stims by going off all of them for at least a few days. If that don't work go to a week off. I found that if on my days off from the gym I do minimal amount of stims I react well to preworkout supps. Right now I take Jacked when I do cardio in the morning(or on cardio only days), than Shotgun in the afternoon when I hit the weights. On days off I take nothing except a cup of coffee in the morning. Seems that this rotation keeps my sensitivity up to stims.
Time off isn't the answer for me. I recently did a h-drol cycle and for five weeks I had ZERO stimulants of any kind. No caffeine, no nothing. After that I was hoping my sensitivity to stims would be heightened but it was the same after the cycle as before.

I'm going to give Reset AD a try and see if that does anything. And I'm going to avoid any stimulants while taking Reset. Hopefully that will work.

Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and told him that I thought I had a fatigued adrenal system. He said he'd let me know what I might be able to do about it after he gets my blood test results back. Maybe that will shed some light on my situation.

SOLRAC

SOLRAC

Awards
Time off isn't the answer for me. I recently did a h-drol cycle and for five weeks I had ZERO stimulants of any kind. No caffeine, no nothing. After that I was hoping my sensitivity to stims would be heightened but it was the same after the cycle as before.

I'm going to give Reset AD a try and see if that does anything. And I'm going to avoid any stimulants while taking Reset. Hopefully that will work.

Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and told him that I thought I had a fatigued adrenal system. He said he'd let me know what I might be able to do about it after he gets my blood test results back. Maybe that will shed some light on my situation.
Good Luck! I'll be curious to know your results. What did you think of your H-drol cycle? I've always been skeptical of anything that suppresses normal hormone production. Especially since I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck! I'll be curious to know your results. What did you think of your H-drol cycle? I've always been skeptical of anything that suppresses normal hormone production. Especially since I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
There's a link in my sig to my log of the h-drol cycle.

Don't think I'd do it again. Not unless I went into it with a pure bulking mentality and eating tons of food. But I've busted my ass way too hard so the mere though of "bulking" makes me cringe.

OTOH, since the end of the cycle I seem to have made good gains towards my goal; more and more I'm thinking the h-drol cycle had something to do with that.

I'm tempted to try something a little stronger than h-drol but with increased strength comes increased risk so I'm not sure it's worth it for me.