Calling all JP8 users.
- 07-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Calling all JP8 users.
I am big fan of the Superpump 250 pre-workout supp. Based on my review of a lot of threads and info on the net I decided to order the JP8. I took my 1st dose of Diesel's JP8 (grape) tonight (in conjunction with AEE fron SNI). I have a few questions and comments that I'll expand on below.
1. I took this product on an empty stomach (bone head move), and was off to a doomed start from the get go. Next time I will definitely have something in my stomach. About 20 min after taking my stomach turned upside down, almost through up twice on way to gym and twice while lifting which did not put my mind in the best place in to regard working out, overall
2. This is the most awful stuff I have ever tasted. Does anyone have any experience on mixers that kill the taste instead of water. Grape juice seems kind of obvious but any other thoughts are welcome.
3. I did feel some strong focus, even though I felt like sh*t. I am hopping this can be intensified if I eat right and go in strong. I should also note that I had a rough day driving all over FL (commercial real estate appraiser) and was exhausted when I got home. This may also have taken away from the potential affects.
4. The pump did not seem as intense as the SP 250, even with the AEE. Usually the AEE is enough for a good pump on its own (this leads me to believe my body just wasn't up to the task today).
In conclusion, have any of you who have used this product experienced any of the above. Do you have any recommendations on future use and diet? I know I definitely did not help my situation by being tired and hungry. I have also read a few posts from guys claiming it had to "build-up" before they felt the full affects.
I do have a very fast metabolism. My weight fluctuates between 150 and 160 (155 gen. avg.). I am also very lean. Any thoughts, comments, or experiences relating to this are welcomed and appreciated.
I am also not trying to start yet another best pre-w/o & supp thread, really interested in JP8 talk.
- 07-30-2009, 05:22 AM
1. I do what the label says and usually weight to take JP8 after eating or taking in a protein shake. I give extra time to let things settle though I would say about less than an hour if food and 30-40 mins for a shake. I also like to give it about 40 mins to kick in before I lift. By then I feel like the Juggernaut and can run through walls.
2. Ya if u can just get past the 1st week or so u will just get used to it and gulp it down like it is liquor(not letting it touch ur tongue if possible). I add some extra water and sometimes some crystal light.
3. I find it helps with focus even when dead tired after an all nighter.
I say just stick with it and see if it gets better. This is my favorite preworkout for the energy it gives me. Just wish it didn't make me want to hurl.
- 07-30-2009, 06:50 AM
like mentioned above, at your weight 1/2 a scoop and increase from there. being a "lightweight" with supplements is not a bad thing, it will save you money. also the taste, yea it's not great, but you are not getting married to it, making love to it (sober or drunk) or living with it......your f**king drinking it. how long does that take? 30 seconds? here's an idea, put it in water, drink it and stop complaining for God sakes. the moment you realize that it's something your taking for a specific purpose and not taking it because of the taste your mind will work right past it. again, how long does it take to drink? have you even eaten or drank anything you really didn't like before? i do that with food sometimes, cause i'm eating for purpose not pleasure. if you want something to drink for pleasure i suggest a beer, or fru-fru coffee drink or something like that. sorry if you take offense to this post but come on man.....it doesn't taste good? WTF?
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the response Tomahawk.
Yesterday was my second day with JP8
I ate (apples and white rice) about 20 minutes prior to drinking the JP8 and began lifiting about 10 minutes after that. I mixed 1 scoop (As I did yesterday) with a cran grape-juice and it was much better.
Yesterday was back day, I felt pretty strong throughout the workout and definately noticed more focus than the previous day. I did not hit my heaviest weight but i got close enough and felt good about what I did. I still have not had "SP 250" kind of pump but it was more significant than yesterday, which could also be partially due to upping my AEE intake. I have also have yet to really notice any intense aggression. One plus I definately want to note: I was able to go to sleep last night at a reasonable hour, something that the SP250 usually inhibits.
Overall, Day two was good and I am hoping day 3 (tonight) will be better.
Lennox, I do not take offense to your post and appreciate any helpful advice you may have. Taste is not that big of a deal for me. I simply wrote one sentance stating that I thought the product tasted awful, and two asking for suggestions on mixers. That was it. Lets not make mountains out of mole hills. Just try to keep things relevant, Thanks
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
What time are u lifting btw? I feel as though it gives me lots of energy(I am 210) and makes it hard to sleep if taken too late and I don't usually use a full scoop. U def get ur money's worth as far as servings per container.
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
u should be taking JP8 more than 10 min preworkout, also were you only taking 1 scoop of SP250 at a time?
07-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I am usually in the gym between 7pm to 8pm and train for about 1.5 to 2 hours. I would expect some sleep loss from any kind of pre workout supp. I could have also just been plain tired from the previous day. The bang for your buck factor your talking about as well as all the positive reviews is the reason I decided to give this a shot. I looked at a lot of threads on the issue and no one had anything bad to say, pretty impressive with such a diverse group of people of such a wide range of products.
I was taking between 1 and 1.5 scoops of the SuperPump 250, usually in the truck on my way to gym. I would feel the jitters after about 5 minutes, and I was ready to make sh*t happen. I should also say I feel the JP8 at about the same rate.
My metabolism has always been very fast. Which is one of the reasons I wanted to eat no later than 20 min prior to JP8 time. With the SP250, and also the JP8, I get an antsy feeling about 5 min after I drink it. It gives me a charge that I want to take advantage of. If I wait the feeling passes, or at least diminishes. Also, although I didn't have any of the really nauseating feelings of day 1, towards the end of the session I did hear a few rumbles and have to take a few minutes to let things settle. It was towards the end of my workout, but if I had waited around at home for 45 minutes it might have hit me mid workout.
I am brand new to this stuff and have no problem experimenting with different times, factors etc. I know how the SP250 worked best, but obviously this is not the same stuff. All the same I will try and wait a little longer tonight before training, if you guys think it is worth a shot?
Do you think I should tone it down to 3/4 of a scoop or maybe even half???
07-31-2009, 02:45 AM
JP8 is a phenomenal product, but i cannot take it without carbs. I have to have a decent amount of carbs about an hour i take it. If i don't i get rediculously naucious. I am on a no/real low carb diet now and taking the vasocharge i got with my xtend. Not in the same league as JP8 but it is fine, especially if i take some ephedrine with it. As far as the taste, drink it with very very cold water and it makes a huge difference. I don't think it is bad though. It is differnent than the typical sweet chemical taste most products have. I will be back on the JP8 once i get back to a normal diet. CHuck makes very good products, one thing about Get Diesel, everything i have tried works. I probably trust things that come from him moreso than any other company around.
07-31-2009, 03:26 AM
yeah, JP8 is the nastiest tasting sh1t around but the effects are of the wall.
It takes a good 45-60mins to kick in properly, and let my stomach settle - I worked up from 0.5 scoop to 2 scoops. 1.5 scoops seems to be the sweet spot.
This is my protocol:
1) Drop a DTHC tab
2) 15 minutes later mix JP8 with minimal water to get it down as quick as possible.
3) Wash it down with as much fresh water as possible to get rid of the taste.
4) Wait 20 minutes while my guts settles down, then go and take an almighty large dump.
5) Wait another 20 minutes and then head to the gym for a warm up.
6) Have a fully charged and dialled in workout - this is early AM, and the 'after-burn' lasts well into the day.
Conclusion: JP8 is not a pretty boy supp. But if you're ready to man up and drink it, you'll get the results.
07-31-2009, 10:27 PM
I am sticking with the jp8 I've got to get my timing and food strait, then I think everything else will line up.
I think I am going to try and duplicate you plan. I may have over done it with 1 scoop right off the bat. I'm going to go down to 0.5 tomorrow and work my way up.
Thanks all. We'll keep you posted.
08-02-2009, 05:19 PM
3rd day with JP8 Aug 1, 09 (Biceps & Triceps)
1. Ate a good portion of carbs (sweet potatoes & fruit) about 40 minutes prior to gym
2. Took JP8, 5/8 of a scoop (with minimal amount of fluid, cran-grape juice) & AEE about 30 minutes prior to gym (I drink alot of H2O in gym)
six exercises total (3 & 3)
I felt strong through out the entire workout, and was able to really focus my energy for the heavier sets. The pump, was in full effect after my 1st two exercises. It was definately comparable to my pumps with the SP-250. No notable stomach issues.
My 3rd day with JP8 (grape) was really good.
Sorry this post does not have a lot of detail, will add more when time allows and program continues.
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Workout time is 6pm
5:45 pm 2 scoops JP8
6:00 pm workout, sip on Amino acid blend during workout
08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Ya I still say put more time in between ur meals, JP8 dose, and workout time. I have JP8 energy and focus hours later. I took my dose of JP8(7/8s) at 1:40pm then started my workout at 4pm and still had the ready to go through ways mentality. Hell I just finished P90X chest/back and I am about to go possibly run atleast walk 3 miles in Georgia heat.
And DAMN Kristofer that is A LOT of JP8. U must be a stim junkie from hell.
08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
08-02-2009, 07:16 PM
the other 2 days when Im at work i use brown rice, chicken and a banana
My gut tract moves quick........In 20-25 minutes MAX I need to be working out or I get cracked out and loopy........lol
I usually take a dump within 5 minutes of ingesting said pre/wo........
lol.........The whole 3 hour process is an art.........
I usually workout till to 7:15pm.......Sometimes i adjust the starting times.
On deads and squat days, I sleep just fine.........
08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
08-03-2009, 01:12 AM
I thought it was a great product. My only concern after purchasing it was mixing it up, as it would foam up, and not mix( the foam itself would taste pretty bad and not go down.) I solved the problem by saying screw it, and old-school skulled my dosages after the first few days, bout 1 hour before w/o. Skull it and chase it with water,... worked best for me. And I felt great in the gym.
08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
08-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Day 4 JP8 Aug 4, 09
1 Ate plain pasta about 1 hour before gym
2 JP8 & AEE about 25 minutes prior to gym. I had wanted to wait longer, but stims got to me and I had to go.
Today was supposed to be chest but ended up being chest and shoulders.
Felt energetic, through-out the entire workout. First set to last. Mental focus was pretty good too. My strength was about typical. Didn't hit my real heavy sets though. I worked out with a buddy today so I was moving faster than usual, not recovering as much strength in between sets.
So far day 3. was the best I've felt on JP8.
Tomorrow is back and I should be alone back in my typical routine. We'll see what happens...
Similar Forum Threads
- By jamesb2525 in forum Old School Hormone UseReplies: 99Last Post: 04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
- By jswole in forum AnabolicsReplies: 16Last Post: 02-11-2009, 05:49 AM
- By jamesb2525 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 33Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM
- By Jarconis in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:07 AM